inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: John Paragon: The Paragon of Comedy FOR SALE on DVD
Written By: MensaCat on 06/22/05 at 6:32 pm

Classic comedy skit show from early 1980's....I have this on DVD, if interested email me at mensacat@hotmail.com :o
Subject: Re: John Paragon: The Paragon of Comedy FOR SALE on DVD
Written By: MensaCat on 06/22/05 at 6:34 pm

Almost forgot:  LOTS of other really cool DVDs, email me for a list! :D
Written By: guest on 06/22/05 at 6:39 pm

Just inquiring.....
Do you have any good Ernie Kovacs?

I think everyone has seen the Nairobi trio/Monkey song but there may be a few actual shows to be found somewhere...NO? ???
Written By: Mensacat on 03/03/06 at 12:17 pm

Nope, no Ernie Kovak stuff :(  But, still have plenty of John Paragon on DVD :)   3/3/06
Written By: Jaime on 03/15/06 at 1:32 pm

I'm very interested in this John Paragon DVD.  Could you tell what a couple of the skits are so I can make sure it's one of the ones I wanted?  Thanks!
Written By: Guest on 05/03/06 at 9:44 am

Here's my favorite skit (well, it's more of a musical number) from this show - I'd love to get a copy of it somewhere.

"When I was just a little boy, I used to play with trains,
I used to play with planes,
And other silly games that little boys do.
Now that I am older, and I've grown into a man,
I've found myself a new hobby........ or two.

Tits... I'm crazy about tits...'cuase if she's got tits, then I'm gonna stare.
I like them indiviually, or by the pair.
Jugs... I'm crazy 'bout - jugs.  Like two VW bugs parked on your chest;
A boobie, a knocker, a tittie, a melon, a breast.

Oh, by golly, gosh wouldn't it just be great
If each and every dollie had tiple-D, size 38
Boobs... I'm crazy 'bout - boobs... like two Rubik's cubes I like to twist,
I put them at the top of my shopping list.

I must confess
I am obsessed
by the two protrusions on the front of your chest.
And you can trust
that I lust
Not for your money but just your bust
I like 'em big
I like 'em small
I like 'em one
I like 'em all
Catch me if I start to fall
So I can run smack dab into a mammary wall

Tits ---- tits --- tits  ----- they're the best.

A boobie, a knocker, a funbag, maracas, a tittie, a melon.... (sorry, I can't remember the rest)

We might as well just call it quits - TITS!!!
Written By: guest on 06/27/06 at 7:55 pm

;D ;D ;D
hi ,  
i've remembered the name john paragon since the hbo or showtime special " the paragon of comedy" in the early '80s and just today decided to look on the net to see if anybody else remembered him.
i've since the show always called an egg mcmuffin a eggamuffin and my children don't understand me when i tell them that i like velvetta cheese cause it comes in a log and speds easy. please tell me you have at least one copy left it would be very much appreciated
Written By: Lance on 07/01/06 at 11:57 am

Classic comedy skit show from early 1980's....I have this on DVD, if interested email me at mensacat@hotmail.com :o

Where can i buy the john paragon dvd
Written By: Mike on 07/20/06 at 12:47 am

I'm curious about the John Paragon on DVD that you have.  I remember seeing him in a special a few years back.  It was hilarious.  I distinctly remember him going out into the audience and asking some married guy if he had any kids.  When the man replied "No", Paragon shouted at him "COWARD!!!".  Is this the one?
Written By: Rick on 08/02/06 at 11:24 am

Paragon of Comedy is, to date, one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  The skit, "The Mating Game" with the oriental guy was awesome!  "I'm not kidding about that one!" ;D
Written By: Indy Gent on 08/03/06 at 6:14 pm

The last I've seen of Paragon was the Seinfeld eps where he played one of the toughs that beat up Kramer after the AIDS run where he didn't wear the ribbon.
Written By: Mensacat on 08/10/06 at 7:05 am

Hello all,

Goodness!  Glad to see so many of you remember this CLASSIC.  I laughed my butt off, still do, everytime I watch it...I can't really say I have one favorite sketch, in particular.  I love them all.  I'm forever quoting the show, even when I don't really mean to.  It's just kind-of worked it's way into my vernacular.   I find myself quoting Ray a lot..."someone's crying lord, kumbayaaaa..."

well, lots of DVDs still left.  If interested don't hesitate to contact me:

Mensacat@hotmail.com
Written By: MensaCat on 08/10/06 at 7:07 am

I'm curious about the John Paragon on DVD that you have.  I remember seeing him in a special a few years back.  It was hilarious.  I distinctly remember him going out into the audience and asking some married guy if he had any kids.  When the man replied "No", Paragon shouted at him "COWARD!!!".  Is this the one?

Yup, that's the one!  "You smell like warm grass....have you been mowing de lawn?" and my favorite, "LLLLLOOOKATMEE!!""

Shell
Written By: Dan Johnston on 08/12/06 at 10:34 pm

Written By: john fox on 08/15/06 at 3:37 pm

It's nice to that other folks remember this. It's a great show. I have a copy of it on beta, it was on HBO way back when and it was hilarious. How much do you want for a copy of the DVD. It's too bad John Paragon didn't get more visibility, he's very talented.
Written By: Hoosier on 09/01/06 at 1:47 pm

Greetings,
    I stumbled over this page while trying to find a copy of this classic.  All of the skits previously mentioned plus others (Bob Keister, dating game, "tits" song, the one where John and PeeWee have really big butts and are eating all of the snackcakes, the skit where John is a doctor and uses food products as remedies ("creamed corn for corns," baked beans down the pants, etc.)) are stuck in my memory too.  One point of clarification, it was originally on Showtime, not HBO.  The only other place I found for sale was one seller on ebay asking $19.99.  Other than that, this has been really hard to get information on.  I would certainly be interested in getting a copy if there are any left.  I've been looking for this for quite awhile.
Written By: brentinutah on 03/01/07 at 1:30 pm

;D I saw the Paragon of Comedy in the 80's on Showtime with a room mate. It was the funniest show ever. If most of you remember it also had Tracy Gold (later on Family Ties) in the audience with her Dad. What great skits..the day old bread store, and I still say "major cute" to this day. If anyone has access to this on DVD still, let me know. I would love to have it in my collection!

Written By: PlzHelpTheMushroom on 05/15/07 at 5:36 pm

I need this!  I remember the program too... hilarious!  dah doom doom... TITS, I'm crazy 'bout Tits...  I hope this is still available.