inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Anyone know this toy...mix your own makeup
Written By: Rebec on 08/02/05 at 10:59 pm

I got a toy for Christmas in the 80's (not sure what year) which allowed me to "make my own makeup" by filling a wooden stick with the basic makeup stuff on some sort of machine. Then you could use a pencil sharpener thingy to sharpen the end of the stick and *voila* you had an eye shadow or lipstick. I LOVED that toy but don't remember what it was called or what company made it. I don't think it was from Barbie line, but who knows? Does anyone else know the toy I'm remembering or even still have one or photos of one? It's just been driving me nuts, so thought I'd ask here. Thanks all!

Rebec
Subject: Re: Anyone know this toy...mix your own makeup
Written By: tamara on 10/20/05 at 12:26 pm

hi i know the name it was called fancy n fresh
Subject: Re: Anyone know this toy...mix your own makeup
Written By: shaynee on 03/27/06 at 11:24 am

No, it is called fresh n' fancy.  You made your own hand lotions, soaps, and stuff.  I had several refills.  There is one, or was one, untouched, on ebay last week.  Someone found it in an abandoned building, never been opened.  I think it ran about 20 bucks.  Hope that helps.   8)