inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: ORIGINAL HERBAL ESSENCE SHAMPOO
Written By: angelcats777 on 08/17/05 at 7:30 pm

:\'(   HELP!!!!!!! I am desparately looking for the original herbal essence shampoo and conditioner that's in the green bottle. Please let me know where I can buy it. But, not on ebay unless it's new shampoo and conditioner. Thanks. If you can't find the conditioner, I still want the shampoo.
Subject: Re: ORIGINAL HERBAL ESSENCE SHAMPOO
Written By: Lorena on 08/22/05 at 11:58 pm

:\'(  I am right with you.. I have been searching for the original green herbal essense with the girl on the cover with blonde hair in a pool with flowers and herbs.  I want it so badly
Written By: Lyd on 08/24/05 at 5:01 pm

:\'(  HELP!!!!!!! I am desparately looking for the original herbal essence shampoo and conditioner that's in the green bottle. Please let me know where I can buy it. But, not on ebay unless it's new shampoo and conditioner. Thanks. If you can't find the conditioner, I still want the shampoo.
:D

did you ever find this shampoo?
Written By: misa on 08/31/05 at 11:30 pm

Clairol still sells this product on their website.  It is different from the newer version, which is called "Herbal Essences," rather than the singular "Herbal Essence."  This is the website: http://www.vmafullfillment.com/dms-html/Clairol/index.html
Unfortunately, a bottle is $17.  Hope you enjoy it! :)
Written By: Lyd on 09/04/05 at 4:26 am

Clairol still sells this product on their website.  It is different from the newer version, which is called "Herbal Essences," rather than the singular "Herbal Essence."  This is the website: http://www.vmafullfillment.com/dms-html/Clairol/index.html
Unfortunately, a bottle is $17.  Hope you enjoy it! :)

Thank you I tried the site and it says that the product is no longer avaliable?
Regards
Written By: Pam on 10/02/05 at 9:37 pm

I'm in the same boat with you all!  Love this stuff and my stash of 30 bottles is almost gone.  Don't you think Clairol would make a fortune if their product managers would revive it?  The new stuff is marketed so well that it's a major hit, but personally, I think it all stinks.  In the meantime, I did find an aromatherapy site that sells the fragrance.  http://www.brambleberry.com/fragrance_hton.html .   The shampoo was recently sold on Ebay for over $30 a bottle.  
Written By: ClariceLecter on 10/05/05 at 12:56 pm

Clairol still has it on their website, and it is $17 for a case of it, I think it is a case of 6 bottles, not just 1 bottle, a good deal if you need it, and I love the stuff, it also has a link on the same website to locate it at a store near you if you are in the States, but I put in my zip code, and it had a bunch of stores that are no longer there, All of the Arbor stores closed, and most ofthem are now CVS stores, also it had F&M's listed, and they are all gone too, but good luck at the Clairol link listed in an earlier message. Plus the stuff on eBay is all this new stuff, but the sellers are saying it is the real stuff from the 70's.
Written By: Buddy-Rey on 10/18/05 at 8:40 pm

Hi, guys!  I just stumbled on this page a few days ago.  I too am an enormous fan of the original Herbal Essence shampoo and am very saddened by its disappearance in recent years from store shelves.  I've started an online petition and any help, feedback, or comments you guys can provide which will help our cause would be very appreciated!!!  The petition is at http://new.petitiononline.com/Shampoo/petition.html
Written By: whistledog on 10/18/05 at 10:58 pm

I still see Clairol Herbal Essence products on the shelves at Wal-Mart and Zellers
Written By: loriburton on 10/25/05 at 7:46 am

i was wondering what you are  selling?
Written By: Don Ewert on 10/28/05 at 2:02 pm

i was wondering what you are  selling?

As recently as 2003 I bought the original Herbel Essence at Bartell Drug stores.l
Written By: Delaney21 on 11/05/05 at 9:16 pm

Have you called the company to complain?  I did and they said that they will only bring it back if enough people complain.  So give it a shot, please!!
Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/07/05 at 11:22 am

http://new.petitiononline.com/Shampoo/petition.html
Written By: alyceclover on 11/07/05 at 1:50 pm

http://new.petitiononline.com/Shampoo/petition.html
thank you! think I'll start a petition for 3 of my other fav shampoos return LA Looks; Suave Soft Highlights and Sauve Honeysuckle. Suave always seems to discontinue & phase out the ones that make my hair look best. When I wrote to them, the reply was it's based on popularity...the two mentioned sold out often so thought them to be popular....would find them in dollar stores for long time after, but no more....a daughter loves strawberries & I picture that Strawberry shampoo being in a Suave bottle...
Written By: bets on 08/22/06 at 6:42 pm

I want the original herbal essence shampoo to   What the heck were they thinking. The new one smells like cat pee :\'(
Written By: katie on 09/28/06 at 3:54 am

that link no longer works!!! :\'(
Written By: leepers on 01/16/07 at 12:08 am

Please somebody help me! :-\\I loved the original Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo, but can not find it ANYWHERE. I live in Alexandria, VA and apparently no one I know has even heard of the shampoo!....HUH? I think we lovers of the one and only original Clairol Herbal Essence should petition Clairol; or, at least call the company and beg? for them to supply the original Herbal Essence shampoo to the masses!
Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/16/07 at 12:28 am

I loved the old green shampoo.  It smelt like pine (I thought) and it had a picture of Eve on the label (or something similar to a nature girl)

I miss that stuff.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/84/79/5b1a_1.JPG

You can find it on e-bay once in awhile, but it's usually kinda expensive.  One is going for $13.00 plus 7.00 shipping fee

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-Discontinued-Clairol-herbal-essence-Vintage-Shampoo_W0QQitemZ140074472376QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11861QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Written By: k8rock on 01/19/07 at 10:59 am

Hello! I'm new so if this turns out weird I'm sorry. It is my first post. I have found it for sale in beauty supply stores. I have also seen it occasionally for sale at Eckards Drug stores.
Written By: Merlyn on 04/30/07 at 3:28 pm

I have always been wondering about that shampoo from the white haired girl commercial. Saw it before I could even buy my own shampoo. When it was time to buy my own shampoo I remembered that it was herbal but never found what I thought I saw in the commercial. I just thought it didnt exist and the closest thing was the herbal essences which never satisfied me because I wanted that one I saw in the commercial. Mostly because of the old commercial was the reason I tried herbal essences. But now that all you people say the original still exists, I want it because I never got to use it in the first place? Where the heck is it? Please, besides Wal-Mart, I refuse to shop there. Thanks!