inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: AMI/AMI H Jukeboxes
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/11/05 at 4:35 pm

Does anyone know of any suppliers of this model who ship to the UK?
Subject: Re: AMI/AMI H Jukeboxes
Written By: danootaandme on 09/12/05 at 8:14 am

My significant likes old jukeboxes, he is at work right now but I know that he gets a magazine called
"Jukebox" which has all kinds of buyers and sellers.  Is this a vintage juke,  what kind of stuff do you need?
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/13/05 at 6:07 am

Hi Danoota and Me,
my friend up North buys from various sellers in the UK who ship stuff in from mainly California, he's had some fantastic AMI's etc. that he's completely restored himself, but wants to find a way of cutting out the 'middle-man' and to try maybe shipping himself from the US if it is worthwhile.
He also deals with some Dutch guy who brings stuff to the UK in huge crates from the Netherlands.

Currently Ray has six various machines Rock-ola, AMI's and Continentals. I bought a great restored 1959 AMI from him some years back and just love the sound of it   :)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/13/05 at 9:05 am

My significant(Paul) is a Jukebox fan and he subscribes to this magazine(here is the website)
www.gameroommagazine.com/  He is a big fan of Wurlitzer and Rock-ola.  The magazine has
buyer/seller columns and all sorts of stuff.  This should help your friend out.  It must be great to
have a jukebox, where do you keep it.  Paul has a couple but they are in various states of
restoration.  He did a nice Wurlitzer up for his brother, and he has a 1015 of his own.
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/13/05 at 5:46 pm

Heyy thanks so much for that link it's really kind of you and I'll pass it on to Ray tomorrow morning  :)

I keep mine in the front living room, as you'll know the sound they have with those old massive speakers is just great, plus I just love looking for the old vinyl 7" singles (complete with crackles and pops on them)  :)
can't seem to post a proper sized pic of it but thats it in my avatar, fully restored - he's a complete perfectionist and done an awesome job on it, right down to re-chroming etc.
Written By: danootaandme on 09/13/05 at 6:00 pm

Heyy thanks so much for that link it's really kind of you and I'll pass it on to Ray tomorrow morning  :)

I keep mine in the front living room, as you'll know the sound they have with those old massive speakers is just great, plus I just love looking for the old vinyl 7" singles (complete with crackles and pops on them)  :)
can't seem to post a proper sized pic of it but thats it in my avatar, fully restored - he's a complete perfectionist and done an awesome job on it, right down to re-chroming etc.

::)  I think he must have a long lost brother here in Massachusetts
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/14/05 at 5:03 pm

^ That website is really great, I've just spoken to Ray on the phone and am gonna send the link to him via his brother, as Ray hasn't got a computer so will probably check this out on a library pc.

Many thanks again.
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/19/06 at 6:24 am

Found a great American Company who ship singles to the UK.

http://www.green45.com/
Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/09/06 at 4:19 am

Going here today! 

http://jukeboxshow.co.uk/

http://www.cars.co.uk/events/6516.html