inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: "Be Somebody or Be Somebodys Fool" & "Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue" for tr
Written By: Tony J Case on 10/04/05 at 11:07 pm

Greetings folks -

I just reciently got done mastering DVD versions of the Mister T self help classic "Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool" and the trippy anti drug "just say no" show "Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue". And I thought I'd share these two gems of 80's wisdom with you all.

* Minor disclaimer - Cartoon Allstars was technicaly from the 1990's, but was done in April of '90, and was chocked full of Alf, Slimer, Smurfs, Muppet Babies and other 80's Icons - so as far as I'm concerned, it counts!)

Of course by now you've heard Mr T's "Treat your momma right" rap - and I call it rap VERY loosely. And you havent really lived until you've seen Papa Smurf tell you drugs are bad. How can you pass up such classic discs like this?

Also, in addition - since Cartoon Allstars ran short (about half an hour total), I threw on some other bonus PSA's that I had hanging around. No, I dont have the Crying Indian "dont litter" one, but I'm sure that you'll recognize some of these.

THE FINE PRINT
Both of these discs were mastered straight from first generation videos, so they look pretty good - well, as good as 20 year old low-budget self help videos CAN look. :) They are on DVD-R, so they should play in any normal DVD player or drive - but just make sure that your equipment can handle the media (I've only had one of my many players not like my discs).

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR -
I'm looking for: The old Pac Man cartoon (actualy any of the Saturday Supercade shows - Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pitfall, Dragon's Lair and so on), the live action ghost busters (with Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker), Ark II, or Jason of Star Command (and Space Academy).

And of course. . . . more commercials from the 80's.

WHAT IF I DONT HAVE STUFF TO TRADE -
While I'd prefer trading over straight up selling, I could probably be persuaded to sell. Lets say 15 bucks nets you both discs, and I'll even cover shipping. I take pretty much any form of payment - EXCEPT PAYPAL! For a long list of reasons I dont want to get into, I just dont care to do business with them.
Subject: Re: "Be Somebody or Be Somebodys Fool" & "Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue" fo
Written By: jaymanchu on 10/05/05 at 10:28 am

I've got all the PacMan cartoons on DVD and I should be getting 2 live action Ghostbusters any day.  I'd be interested in trading.  here's my website:

http://freewebs.com/yodakiss/index.hml

Jay
Subject: Re: "Be Somebody or Be Somebodys Fool" & "Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue" fo
Written By: Tony J Case on 10/05/05 at 5:28 pm

You've got mail!

(BTW - your URL doesnt work)