inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: chewy chalk STILL for sale...
Written By: saver on 11/02/05 at 7:09 pm

As it is a rare but somewhat collectble item..

I still have 2--  1.75oz. bags of Chewy Chalk Cherry flavored candy left.

They are unopened and in the original pack that still touts them as NEW! from the '90's' I believe as I bought them to one day sell when they became a rare item(as kids may have thought it was ok to eat REAL chalk)..the item was discontinued and the maker LEAF(now part of Hersheys)  is no longer around and  has no future of returning.

I cannot say that they are edible after this long in a plastic package, they are not as loose as they were originally like  Good N'Plenty but they still feel 'together'maybe the sugar from them has moistened??/decomposed..

Spread the FOR SALE word to collectors or anyone daring to eat them at this stage-if there is no expiration date..WHO KNOWS THEY COULD STILL BE EDIBLE-I'M NO EXPERT.
Subject: Re: chewy chalk STILL for sale...
Written By: Jim on 12/02/05 at 6:30 pm

How much do you want for your chewy chalk stash?
Subject: Re: chewy chalk STILL for sale...
Written By: saver on 12/10/05 at 8:57 pm

How much do you want for your chewy chalk stash?

I'll give up both bags for a total of $5.00

Never been opened! I had it in a box for safe keeping..the sugar from it - mentioned only for reasons if you choose to eat it at this stage of its existence - has caused it to not be as loose as when first bought.

I once bought a giant tub of those RODNEYSOUR gumballs- and as I only ate 1 a day, the longer they stayed in the container, the sugar stuck them together-I guess some stores stopped selling them for that reason, when they weren't sold fast they just decomposed.

email me if you are still interested.... 2 packages of Chewy Chalk  $5.00 total..I'll mail them

I'm still hanging on to other candy I bought at the time as well..remember BOOGERS- they were like gummy worms only in the shape of boogers..

email me: jacdaw2002@yahoo.com

I will accept money order or check...

Thanks candy fan(s)!