inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Owl Calculator
Written By: sunflwrs12 on 11/14/05 at 2:36 pm

I am looking for the owl calculator from the 80's. It was yellow, with an owl on the front. It was a children's calculator. It was the owl I think from the old tootsie roll commercial.  Any help at all would satisfy this long search for one. Here's a picture of Mr. Owl. Thank you!
Subject: Re: Owl Calculator
Written By: Heather on 03/07/06 at 4:01 pm

You know...I HAD that calculator...it is circa 1981 I want to say....If I recall, the digital display was red and the calculator was the owl, and the outer rim was yellow/orange.  I just did a search on Ebay looking for one, but was unsuccessful.  GOOD LUCK!!! :D
Written By: Tony J Case on 03/14/06 at 2:35 am

You dont mean one of the Little Professor variants? I know (well, I'm pretty sure) that there was a non-tootsie roll owl calcualtor in that series.
Written By: Luvjugs on 03/21/06 at 3:54 pm

I've been looking for the SAME exact calculator... i look on ebay almost every week.  Anyone found it yet???
Written By: Lisa on 04/27/06 at 10:03 am

I think if you go on Ebay you can find one now.  The calculator is called the little Professor.

Hope this helps.

Written By: Allie Fox on 05/01/06 at 1:41 pm

It is NOT the "Little Professor." 

The item you are looking for was called the Quiz Kid.
http://www.datamath.org/Related/NationalSemi/Images/QuizKid.jpg

In fact those were less calculators than they were math quiz games.  The Quiz Kid had LEDs in its eyes that lit up for correct and incorrect answers.

Written By: Allie Fox on 05/01/06 at 1:43 pm

This is The Little Professor
http://www.datamath.org/Edu/Images/Prof_80.jpg