inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Looking for Christmas Music I enjoyed as a kid...
Written By: somorose on 12/04/05 at 10:31 pm

:P  I am looking for a children's holiday cassette/cd that would have been around in the early - mid 1980's.
It had Santa talking between songs, and the songs were sung by different artists. I do not remember the name of the recording, but remember many of the songs on it such as 'My Favorite Things' 'It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas' 'Up on the Housetop' 'Scarlet Ribbons' etc.

The tape itself was white opaque plastic with a green elf printed, though I also do not remember what the case looked like.

If this sounds familiar to anyone please give me whatever ideas you think it is, and I can research it out, or else if you have a copy and know where I can get one! Or even if you are familiar with a music search database where you can search albums that contain certain songs... I realize this is a shot in the dark but my sister has had a baby and she wants to share the things with her that she grew up with. My family treasured these songs and actually played the tape out which is why we no longer have it. My mom couldn't remember what it was called and was unable to find it in the stores without knowing the name!

Thanks All!

~Aimee
Subject: Re: Looking for Christmas Music I enjoyed as a kid...
Written By: saver on 12/10/05 at 8:46 pm

:P