inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Old Nickelodeon show with a hollowed out tree!
Written By: kimble07 on 01/10/07 at 3:16 am

Hey, I am looking for the name of an old Nickelodeon show that I don't know much about.  I know there was a man who entered into this forest world, and there was a hollowed out tree which I think he used to enter into the world.  Someone else on this site posted about it, and someone replied and said the name of the show was "Mr. Leonard" but I have found no record of that show.  HELP!
I also have the lyrics "Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the marigolds" stuck in my head as some sort of childhood memory.  These lyrics could have been featured on that show with the hollowed out tree or I'm also thinking they could be from a PeeWee Herman movie. 
Please Please respond. 
Subject: Re: Old Nickelodeon show with a hollowed out tree!
Written By: Dominic L. on 01/10/07 at 1:07 pm

This sounds like Mr. Leonard.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/07 at 12:40 am

Fred Penner's Place...and it was a hollowed out log.
Written By: whistledog on 01/11/07 at 11:37 pm

I had no idea Fred Penner's Place was broadcast outside of Canada  :o

I grew up watching him.  Even when I was too old to watch his show, I still watched it!  He was made a member of the Order of Canada in the 90s for his countless contributions to Children's entertaining :)
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/07 at 11:50 pm

I had no idea Fred Penner's Place was broadcast outside of Canada  :o

I grew up watching him.  Even when I was too old to watch his show, I still watched it!  He was made a member of the Order of Canada in the 90s for his countless contributions to Children's entertaining :)

yep...they played it on Nickelodeon...along with a bunch of other Canadian based shows, I believe.  Didn't he sing the song about chewing gum on the bed post? ;D
Written By: Dominic L. on 01/12/07 at 11:34 am

yep...they played it on Nickelodeon...along with a bunch of other Canadian based shows, I believe.  Didn't he sing the song about chewing gum on the bed post? ;D

Whoa! I had a talk with Beth about this a few months ago... And then I happened to have that song on hand... >:-}D

So, yanno, if you want, I could give you the song, but I don't think you want it. :P
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/12/07 at 12:30 pm

Whoa! I had a talk with Beth about this a few months ago... And then I happened to have that song on hand... >:-}D

So, yanno, if you want, I could give you the song, but I don't think you want it. :P

thanks for the offer, Doms...but I think I'll be ok w/o having that song on hand! ;D :D