inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How did you come up with your posting names?

Written By: nally on 05/01/04 at 8:13 pm

This has been asked a few times before, especially on the old board, so I thought I'd ask it again here. What was the inspiration for your posting name? And if you want to tell us your real name, feel free to do so.

The name I have been using (nally), as some of you may or may not know, I got while watching the GSN series "Lingo." On that show, you have to guess a mystery five letter word. Anyway, one time in January 2003, one team had to guess a word starting with "N", and on one guess, a guy spelled "Nally; N-A-L-L-Y" and the team lost their turn, because "nally" is not a real word. At the time, I thought it was kinda funny, so I decided to adopt it as a pseudonym to use on Amiright.com and Inthe00s.com. And it's fairly easy to type, so it kinda stuck.

My real name, by the way, is Jeffrey (Jeff for short).

Subject: Re: How did you come up with your posting names?

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/01/04 at 8:22 pm

a little bird came to me one day and sat on my shoulder.....I said "hi there Mister bird" and he said "Hi there Billy Florio" ...and thats how I got this name

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/01/04 at 9:25 pm

Mine's pretty obvious....I love making ceramics!  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 05/01/04 at 9:29 pm

Mine's a nickname I've had since I was a kid. It has stuck ever since.There are many variants to it, but that's it, in its original form. :D

Written By: stingr22 on 05/01/04 at 10:20 pm

Stingr is a variation of "Stinger", the mascot for the Columbus Blue Jackets NHL hockey team.  When I had an old e-mail address, "Stinger" was taken, so I went with "stingr."  The 22 is my softball number.  Has been since 1982.  The 2 together make "stingr22."  It's also my eBay ID and just about every other web-based sign-on I have.

My real name is Rob. 

Written By: Fred on 05/01/04 at 10:49 pm

Fred is a common male name. Short for "Frederick", it is of unknown origin. I usually use short male names all over the internet.

Written By: Bobo on 05/02/04 at 12:15 am

Bobo is the name of Mr. Burns' bear in episode 1F01 of the Simpsons (entitled "Rosebud"). It brought back memories of a childhood nickname (something rather like Bobo, but I can't remember what, now) and I thought I would use that as my screen name. It also exists in part for most places around the internet.

Written By: NbC on 05/02/04 at 12:37 am

Just simply my initials. 

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/02/04 at 11:21 am

I grew up in Pennsylvania, which many who live there refer to as "pennsy" and I loved it there.  The girl is...well, I am one!  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/02/04 at 12:41 pm

Well....I'm a huge fan of Rock and Roll Music ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/04 at 12:45 pm

Despite what a lot of people believe, Catwoman has nothing to do with Batman. I have a love for cats and collect cat memorabilia. I stopped collecting because I ran out of room-but I still have many of my cats on display around the house and some are in boxes. I have been called Catwoman for a few decades now (long before Michelle Pffifer became Catwoman). When I came on-line, I discovered that there were many Catwomans out there. So I had to make a variation. I added the "ofV". Some could argue that the "V" stands for Vermont but it actually stands for Venus where I have said is my home planet since I was a teen.  ;) There are a few sights that I spell it out completely  "CatwomanofVenus" but most of the time that I just use "CatwomanofV".

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/02/04 at 12:48 pm

Despite what a lot of people believe, Catwoman has nothing to do with Batman. I have a love for cats and collect cat memorabilia. I stopped collecting because I ran out of room-but I still have many of my cats on display around the house and some are in boxes. I have been called Catwoman for a few decades now (long before Michelle Pffifer became Catwoman). When I came on-line, I discovered that there were many Catwomans out there. So I had to make a variation. I added the "ofV". Some could argue that the "V" stands for Vermont but it actually stands for Venus where I have said is my home planet since I was a teen.  ;) There are a few sights that I spell it out completely  "CatwomanofVenus" but most of the time that I just use "CatwomanofV".

Cat
I like it ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/04 at 12:53 pm

Despite what a lot of people believe, Catwoman has nothing to do with Batman. I have a love for cats and collect cat memorabilia. I stopped collecting because I ran out of room-but I still have many of my cats on display around the house and some are in boxes. I have been called Catwoman for a few decades now (long before Michelle Pffifer became Catwoman). When I came on-line, I discovered that there were many Catwomans out there. So I had to make a variation. I added the "ofV". Some could argue that the "V" stands for Vermont but it actually stands for Venus where I have said is my home planet since I was a teen.  ;) There are a few sights that I spell it out completely  "CatwomanofVenus" but most of the time that I just use "CatwomanofV".

Cat
I like it ;)

So do I.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Marian on 05/02/04 at 3:39 pm

8)Well,my real first name is Michele,but it's very common and i get tired of getting confused with other people.Once,at work,the boss thought i quit,but it was really another Michele who is one higher than me alphabetically.That kind of thing is really annoying.A lot of Joses,Jasons,and Kristins,among others,have to put up with this nonsense as well.Marian has the same first letter but is not as common;it's also hard to abbreviate.There are a lot of famous people named Marian.Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 05/02/04 at 4:46 pm

Howard is my real name so I thought I'd use it as my nickname. :D

Howard

Written By: Powerslave on 05/02/04 at 7:47 pm

My former name here was Goreripper (as it is most places. Most people who know me call me that now as if it's my actual name) but I couldn't get it to work when I logged on to the new board for some reason so I changed it to 'Powerslave' after the Iron Maiden album, but also because it's a metaphor for the human condition, inasmuch as we are all, in some way, slaves to the power, whatever power that may be.

Written By: jaytee on 05/03/04 at 5:29 am

My initials

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/04 at 7:30 am

Fred is a common male name. Short for "Frederick", it is of unknown origin. I usually use short male names all over the internet.

Didn't you mention previously that it was a shortened version of your former username which was 'Fred Zeppelin'?

I think this will be the third time I've answered this thread now so I'm going to say I picked Bobby because I'm a big Dallas fan.  ;D

Written By: resinchaser on 05/03/04 at 11:35 am

I used to play hockey. Hockey pucks are made from resin. And hockey players chase the puck, put em together and that's it. People usually think i'm a stoner who likes hash, but that's not true.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/03/04 at 12:55 pm

"Absolutely vile" comes from a line in a Smiths song called "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" from the Strangeways, Here We Come album:

And I doused another venture with a gesture that was...absolutely vile.

The name actually came to me before I even realised where it came from. I knew it was Morrissey related, but I couldn't remember from where. I use it on everything, except for Yahoo and AIM because it was taken! Originally I had it spelled backwards (elivyletulosbA) but it got to be a pain to type out and look at so I just go by my alter-ego, CounterfeitGore. :)

Where'd that one come from? Well, the first part is a certain person's solo project, and the second part is that same certain person's surname. ;D

By the way...my real name is Tara. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/03/04 at 12:58 pm

Well,

I wanted a nickname that sounded like a real name. So I was thinking since I was obssesed with Nick Rhodes, I'd take his last name (since I couldn't have it in reality!) And make up a new first name. I liked Rio because in the song its about a girl named Rio and I liked the name Rio Rhodes because it is aesthetically pleasing to the ear. 8) ;D So now, Just about anywhere on the internet I'm Rio Rhodes.

Oh, and my real name is Jessie. (Jessica)

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/03/04 at 1:33 pm

Well,

I wanted a nickname that sounded like a real name. So I was thinking since I was obssesed with Nick Rhodes, I'd take his last name (since I couldn't have it in reality!) And make up a new first name. I liked Rio because in the song its about a girl named Rio and I liked the name Rio Rhodes because it is aesthetically pleasing to the ear. 8) ;D So now, Just about anywhere on the internet I'm Rio Rhodes.

Oh, and my real name is Jessie. (Jessica)

Rio

...And Rio Rhodes does sound a lot better than Rio Bates!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/03/04 at 1:40 pm

That it does Vile, that it does! ;)

Rio

Written By: Kenlos on 05/03/04 at 1:54 pm

Mine came up between me and a friend.  When we were younger we wanted to start a bbusinesstogether (you know how all kids think of starting their own business at some point or another) and we were going to call it Kenlos Enterprises.  We got the Kenlos from taking the first part of my name Kenneth and the last part of his name Carlos and stuck them together to get Kenlos and I have always thought it sounded cool so I use it for my username on a lot of things because I know it will not have been used yet.

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/03/04 at 2:59 pm

When I first came to this Board my name was Shera340(She-ra + my building #)...about a month later when i tried to sign back on it said that my username did not exist. then when I tried to register again it said that my username was taken! So I signed on as 'NullandVoid' to post a cry for help. I put NV as a way of saying that I didn't exist or matter, it also reflected my little bout of depression that I was going through at the time.
Unfortunately I was told that there was no way that my old username could be ressurected so I was stuck with NV and the rest is history.
NV

Written By: Hairspray on 05/03/04 at 3:39 pm

Mine is not from the movie of the same name.

The hair product in its many forms, cans, bottles, labels and strengths was my best friend in the 1980's, my favorite decade (with the 1970's following very, very closely as my fave decade). ;D 8)

Written By: MLB on 05/03/04 at 4:52 pm

MLB are my initials but I've been posting on the last board since January and now when it was refurbished I felt it's time to stop answering " what's MLB mean?" So I'm using my name. I'm too much a school type to be original with online names. 
If I feel at home here, later, maybe I will switch to my actual nickname.

Written By: Rush on 05/03/04 at 8:16 pm

Mine is from a song called Rush by Depeche (as in my signature) from the album Songs Of Faith And Devotion.  I have previously been known as Mr. Snrub and Numnum on this board.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 05/03/04 at 9:21 pm

Mine is from a song called Rush by Depeche (as in my signature) from the album Songs Of Faith And Devotion.  I have previously been known as Mr. Snrub and Numnum on this board.

Don't forget Tronn! ;D (The Return Of NumNum!)

...And I thought Depeche MODE did a song called "Rush." Are you on a first-name basis? :D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Ice_Princess on 05/03/04 at 11:15 pm

My posting name...

Well, "Ice Princess" is what's on the back of my year 12 school jersey.. because:
a) Ice - Ice Queen '86
b) Princess - nickname I was given by an ex-boyfriend

and Meli... you can guess where this is from...  :P

Written By: scarletgail on 05/04/04 at 1:30 am

I love the movie Gone With The Wind and my name is gail so i went with scarlet as in scarlet o'hara and gail scarletgail
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/54/039_13870.jpg

Written By: Gis on 05/04/04 at 6:22 am

Mine is my nickname and the first three letters of my real name.

Written By: gemini61 on 05/04/04 at 3:07 pm

Mine is nothing mysterious or unique, just my astrological sign and the year I was born!  :)

Written By: zac on 05/11/04 at 1:35 am

:o        A life time nickname and part of surname.    :-*

Written By: woops on 05/11/04 at 1:41 am

One of the worst tv shows of all time:  "Woops!"  :-X

Just sounds ironic since the show's a flop and called "Woops!"

Written By: Stompgal on 05/11/04 at 3:46 am

My nickname is Stompgal because I still like Steps, even though they're not with us anymore. My real name is April Dawn Slocombe.

Written By: karen on 05/11/04 at 5:13 am

Howard is my real name so I thought I'd use it as my nickname. :D

Howard

ditto

(except my real name isn't Howard it's Karen)

Written By: scarletgail on 05/11/04 at 5:38 am

ditto

LOL karen ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/11/04 at 3:36 pm

My husband's nickname was Bug, I'm his Lady bug and 3/16 is my birthday.

My real name is Shannon

Written By: gumbypiz on 05/11/04 at 3:58 pm

I spent the strangest three years of my life working for Gumby's Pizza while in college...

Written By: oddxsocks on 05/11/04 at 4:13 pm

when i wear socks with colors or patterns, i usually don't bother to match them.  therefore, they are odd socks.

the X is from my more widely known alias of doxers the great and all of its varients. (doxie, doxers, dox, boxers...)

Written By: Koop on 05/12/04 at 5:21 pm

The name "Koop" is a nickname of mine.  Many years ago, one of my friends used to take the first letter of a person's name and add an "-oop" to it and stick it on the end of their first name.  So, since my name is "Kelly" I became "Kellykoop".  When I first got email, the Kellykoop thing popped into my head and I've been using it since.  When I re-registered here, I just decided to shorten it to "Koop".    :D

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/04 at 5:15 am

ditto

Tee hee.  ;D

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/13/04 at 12:00 pm

Mine comes from a guy who is not one of my favorites. The song "Super Freak" by the less than desirable Rick James :P But I am a very kinky girl :)

Written By: zac on 05/13/04 at 12:15 pm

Mine comes from a guy who is not one of my favorites. The song "Super Freak" by the less than desirable Rick James :P But I am a very kinky girl :)
      Wicked song,  sounds like you have had fun then. 

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/13/04 at 12:36 pm

Wicked song,  sounds like you have had fun then. 
Well i would say i've had good and bad times over the years. It's not easy being me sometimes

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/04 at 6:56 pm

You're a kinky girl, lol. A sense of adventure is cool.  :)

As for 'Superfreak' the song written by permed hairdo guy, Rick James. I thought it was really funky. Trust MC Hammer to sample it.

Written By: Fred on 05/14/04 at 2:05 am

Didn't you mention previously that it was a shortened version of your former username which was 'Fred Zeppelin'?

I think this will be the third time I've answered this thread now so I'm going to say I picked Bobby because I'm a big Dallas fan.  ;D

Yes, I did. I saw a guy named Jed Zeppelin on some game so then I took a common male name short for "Frederick". I guess I should have cleared this up, but I was too lazy.  :-\\

Written By: mr.smith s on 05/14/04 at 2:59 am

I decided this because I like the cure and the smiths so I decided to keep it open.

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/04 at 5:14 am

Yes, I did. I saw a guy named Jed Zeppelin on some game so then I took a common male name short for "Frederick". I guess I should have cleared this up, but I was too lazy.  :-\\

No that's alright. It's good for me to try and remember and take in what you all say. Forgetfullness is one of my biggets downfalls, Fred.  :)

Written By: maddog on 05/14/04 at 7:08 am

I chose mine because I am mad and I am a dog!  ;D

Or....it's because of an old UK TV program called "Scully" that was on in the early 80s (written by Alan Bleasdale, who also wrote "Boys From The Blackstuff" and many other fine programs). One of the characters in that was called "Mad Dog" and I thought is was a great nickname. I even insisted at one time that my friends call me by this nickname but it never caught on....have you noticed that's always the way, you don't get to choose your own nickname? Except on a messageboard of course.

My real name is Graham.

Written By: SteveH on 05/14/04 at 7:11 am

Lack of imagination

Written By: Fred on 05/17/04 at 12:18 am

No that's alright. It's good for me to try and remember and take in what you all say. Forgetfullness is one of my biggets downfalls, Fred.  :)

No problem man.  :)

Written By: maddog on 05/18/04 at 3:44 am

I love that song, SuperFreak, it was a big club hit during my time at college in the early 80s.
It was sampled / ruined (depending on your POV) by MC Hammer for "U Can't Touch This". Or did everyone know that anyway?

Written By: Neo Matrix on 05/18/04 at 8:54 am

Mine comes from one of the books I am writing. :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/18/04 at 5:11 pm

Mine comes from one of the books I am writing. :)

That sounds cool. Mind you, don't step on anybody's copyright shoes with that title though.  ;)

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 6:04 pm

My real first name and the name I use to write parodies.

HOWEVER.....

On several other forums I go by "The InterKnight", a combination of the internet, which of ocurse I love and am on for tons of time, and a knight, becasue I've always seen myself as something a chivalrous, adventurous, and heroic type (Just ask Inga! ;) )

Written By: Dagwood on 09/28/04 at 7:37 pm

Dagwood is a nickname that I had as a kid and it stuck.  Throws people off...they think I am a guy because of the name but I am a girl.

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/28/04 at 11:21 pm

ktelqueen was given to me at work about seven years ago...every time someone needed to know the answer to a music trivia question or name a one-hit wonder song or artist,they came to me.that,along with the fact that i still have all of my albums from childhood and onward(many k-tel)inspired a co-worker to give me the name and it stuck.it's very me  :)

my real name is maria

Written By: Jared on 09/28/04 at 11:24 pm

Maria is a very nice name.....BTW, are you Latina?  (No problem if you are, just curious)

And this is kinda embarrassing, but what exactly is k-tel?

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/28/04 at 11:40 pm

Maria is a very nice name.....BTW, are you Latina?  (No problem if you are, just curious)
And this is kinda embarrassing, but what exactly is k-tel?

lol...um,no..laughing because i'm very fair-complected with blondish brown hair..despite my appearance i've been asked over the years if i'm spanish/italian/portuguese etc when someone hears my name(it's simply catholic based).

as for k-tel,nothing to be embarrassed about,it's just slightly before your time  ;).
K-Tel Records was a company very popular in the 70s known for releasing compilations of top 40 hits etc.my first K-Tel acquisition was 24 Great Tear Jerkers "as seen on tv" when i was about seven years old.i had seen the commercial and knew i had to own that record.
after much discussion(my father thought it was too mature for my age lol)i got it.
(you can see my k-tel albums at www.geocities.com/ktelqueen to get an idea...just click on the music link)
oh,and thanks for the compliment,by the way  :)

Written By: elefanten on 09/29/04 at 1:24 pm

Before i was named Elefanten, i was named Dj Elefant, before That Dj_Elefantjæger
                            The Elephant               Dj Elephant                 Dj Elephanthunter

BTW my real name is Peter (Haudrum) but you can call me Pede

Written By: Niko101 on 09/29/04 at 1:51 pm

Pure laziness. I've used it as my screen name for pretty much every forum in which I've registered. The Niko is for my on-air name when I co-hosted a radio show (Save The Wave) here in Seattle. The 101 is a tribute to Depeche Mode...also because I sometimes find that there is already a Niko registered, so I don't have to think of another name if I just add the digits. Like I said...laaaaazy. :P

Written By: danootaandme on 09/30/04 at 6:06 am

A poem by John Lennon.  Meant something to me.  Unfortunately Deaf Ted died, and Danoota is
bipolar in NYC, that leaves me.

Deaf Ted, Danoota, (and me)

Thorg hilly grove and burly ive,
Big daleys grass and tree
We clobber ever gallup
Deaf Ted, Danoota, and me.

Never shall we partly stray,
Fast stirrup all we three
Fight the battle mighty sword

With faithful frog beside us,
Big mighty club are we
The battle scab and frisky dy*e

We fith the baddy baddies,
For colour, race and cree
For Negro, Jew and Bernie

Thorg Billy grown and Burnley ten,
And Aston Villa three
We clobber ever gallup

So if you hear a wonderous sight,
Am blutter or at sea,
Rememer whom they mighty say
Deaf Ted, Danoota, and me -

(sometimes we bring our friend, Malcom.)

Written By: Kryllith on 09/30/04 at 8:51 am

I started playing rpgs (primarily AD&D) at the age of 5, but didn't really have any idea what type of names would be good for my characters. My brother used to give me suggestions, which I used, but most of them were pull out of literature or history (my most powerful character is named Theoden). As I got older and realized where these names were coming from, I decided to naming my own characters in hoped of making the name unique.

Kryllith is the name of my Thri-Kreen character from the AD&D Darksun realms, created around 1990-91. After TSR released more info on the Thri-Kreen, I changed his name to Kryl'ith, which better fits the Thri-Kreen language. Since many places won't allow symbols in names, I still use the original name quite often. For those that have no idea what a Thri-Kreen is, this like has a decent picture of one: http://www.reddra.com/lair/gallery/art-ktichek.htm. I think they look pretty cool, but to some races in the AD&D worlds they look rather hideous. That being the case, I took my inherit twititude and made my own translation of the words Kryl (hideous) and ith (twit), hence the nickname Hideous Twit.

While I use other names on occasion, this is my primary since I know I'm the only one (least according to various web searches). For that matter, I'm the only hideous twit, though people have called others "hideous twit" so I've some small competition in the searches for that name.

Kryllith

Written By: Apricot on 09/30/04 at 8:20 pm

Uh.. actually not sure. It was suggested by a friend. I don't really eat apricots often. I like the smell, the juice, the fruit, but we don't have them often. It doesn't fit me well, I'm neither sweet nor fruity. I have no resemblance to a fruit, I have no fruit-like qualities. I like the name, though, so I don't change it.

Written By: Bobby on 10/01/04 at 5:23 am

Very nice to read the stories behind the names, folks.  :)

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/26/04 at 3:53 pm

Allie Fox is the main character in my favorite book, The Mosquito Coast by Paul Theroux.

Harrison Ford played the character in the poorly translated film version.

It is the only name I ever use.

Written By: micah on 11/26/04 at 4:51 pm

I got mine from the old 'rifleman' tv series. the sheriffs name was micah and my names mike

Written By: danootaandme on 11/26/04 at 4:55 pm

I got mine from the old 'rifleman' tv series. the sheriffs name was micah and my names mike

I saw Micah and that was the first thing I thought of.  His name on the show was Micah Torrance,
how is that for trivia you will never need! :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/26/04 at 11:52 pm

It's my shortened name and my birth year.

Tanya

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/27/04 at 5:55 pm

My screen name was inspired by one of my favorite songs... "That's the Way of the World" by Earth, Wind & Fire.    This was also my screen name on YL.  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/27/04 at 7:30 pm

My screen name was inspired by one of my favorite songs... "That's the Way of the World" by Earth, Wind & Fire.    This was also my screen name on YL.   :)

That is a wonderful song, indeed.  :)

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/28/04 at 7:32 pm

That is a wonderful song, indeed.  :)

Agreed.  :)  I love so many of EWF's tunes...but that one is my favorite by them.

Written By: jiminy on 02/25/05 at 12:12 am

Jiminy Cricket  ::)

Written By: Tam on 02/25/05 at 12:21 am

My name is Tammy - Tam to my friends  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/05 at 12:35 am

Philip Eno is my screen name, but not my real name, though my name is Philip.

At the time when I first started out on Message Boards, and seeking a good screen name, I attended a BBC Radio recording (comedy music show called Jammin', with Rowland Rivron) and a line from the show was, Brian Eno oriental cousin Philip Eno, and it suck with me.

Written By: Tam on 02/25/05 at 12:37 am

Philip Eno is my screen name, but not my real name, though my name is Philip.

At the time when I first started out on Message Boards, and seeking a good screen name, I attended a BBC Radio recording (comedy music show called Jammin', with Rowland Rivron) and a line from the show was, Brian Eno oriental cousin Philip Eno, and it suck with me.

Too awesome!  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/25/05 at 1:02 am

The name sounded catchy at the time. When I decided to join, I had no idea of names to use and didn't want to just use my first name. So I decided to name it after the colour shirt i was wearing at the time  8)

Written By: AL-B on 02/25/05 at 1:16 am

ALB are my initials, plus my first name is Al.

Written By: Ripp on 02/25/05 at 5:19 pm

Dunno, it was just a quick name to think of.

I think as I was thinking for a name, I saw something ripping and decided "Oooh ripp"

Otherwise, you would be talking to Lixa the sandpaper (translate from portugese to english Lixa) or Amaria, the latin girl. lol

Written By: Funkbox on 02/26/05 at 10:55 am

Well, short story long....

About... 18 years ago I worked in Eckerd Drugs in Florida. (This was PRE internet) Most SIGs and BBS's let you come up with any sort of pseudonym you wanted back then. Anyway, I noticed an envelope for the one hour photo was laying around. I picked it up and noticed someone had written Cuthbert J. Funkbox III on it. For many years I was Cuthbert J. Funkbox (Minus the III). On posts this was shortened to CJF, and in the modern day I've shortened it to Funkbox.

It was great fun before I moved out of state. FLorida plates consisted of three numbers and letters for some series. For a time they hit the CJF series, and I considered it my own personal fleet of vehicles!

Ehh...it was fun...

Sorry you asked now, eh?

CJF

Written By: goodsin on 03/10/05 at 9:21 am

Mine's from when I worked in warehousing. My surname's Woods, so I was called Goodsin Woods (as in Goods Inwards). I also like the connotation that sin is good!  ;D

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/10/05 at 10:17 am

I am a pimpin steelers fan

Written By: Zella on 03/10/05 at 2:17 pm

I getting a deja vu....

Zella is short for Azazella ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 04/03/05 at 1:06 am

Odyssey was the name of the dance club from Saturday Night Fever, one of my favorite movies/soundtracks of all time.  :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/03/05 at 1:08 am

Guess.

Written By: ADH13 on 04/03/05 at 1:13 am

I think Not Apricot is gonna have the best response to this question.  :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/03/05 at 1:14 am

;D Touché

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/03/05 at 3:02 am

*shakes head in amazment*

..*proceeds to cackle aloud*

~Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 04/03/05 at 3:03 am

Then I don't think I need to say anymore.  ;)

But I will anyway.

At first glance, this name may seem a bit obvious, that I'm just... not Apricot, but when you scratch the surface a little more, and dig a little deeper, you find that it is so much more...

First of all, yes, I am not Apricot. There was a little "Faux Pas" about Apricot being me about a week ago, and I decided to try and clear it up.

Second of all, I am not an apricot. I am a human.

Third of all, I bear no resemblance to Apricot (the person). I am sweet, kinda fruity, and furry. Not to mention I taste rather good.

Fifth of all-- Wait a minute, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Fourth of all, "Not Apricot" is an anagram for No Otherworldly Terrorists (space) Are Prone to Reap In Cotton Or Tylenol, which is a charity I'm a part of to increase alien awareness and acceptance.

Fifth of all, there was a blind man on the corner of 5th and 512th one day, and he was selling kittens. A man walked up and said, "I would like a kitten," and the blind man said, "Okay, which one?" The man picked a kitten out and proceeded to walk away. "Wait, young man!" the blind guy said, "You have to pay for that!" But the man just wouldn't listen. He kept walking, and the kitten bit him.

Hard.

LMFAO!!!

Written By: AngeliK on 04/03/05 at 11:47 am

my user name is pretty simple, It all started a few years ago when I started calling everyone 'Angel' and my name is kay so  Angel-I-K
and plus I'm pretty angelic looking  ;D

so yes the amazing depth of my user name in two lines!

Kxx

Written By: chaka on 04/14/05 at 2:08 pm

If you look closely at Dave Grohls drumkit in the video of Nirvanas Smells Like Teen Spirit,you can read in black letters the word "Chaka".
And thats been stuck in my head ever since!
:)

Written By: C.NOIZE on 04/14/05 at 4:36 pm

I am a nerd.  I like the maths.

If A=1, B=2, C=3, etc....then C.NOIZE=?

My real name is Matthew, but sometimes, people call me Matth.  I'm not so sure why.    ???

Written By: Apricot on 04/14/05 at 4:47 pm

Matth? A nerd?

NEVER.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/14/05 at 4:50 pm

I randomly typed.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/14/05 at 4:55 pm

hmm....I like midnight....I like Knights....I like darkness.

Written By: jiminy on 04/14/05 at 5:00 pm

hmm....I like midnight....I like Knights....I like darkness.

I like monkeys   :D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/14/05 at 6:13 pm

...um...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/05 at 12:57 am

I like monkeys   :D
In what way?

Written By: jiminy on 04/15/05 at 1:04 am

In what way?

in a pure heterosexual way   ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/15/05 at 11:30 am

"I like... carpet. I like... desk lamp... I like... table..."  ;D ;D ;D

oh, you're a witty one  ;D

~Beth :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/05 at 2:19 pm

A heterosexual way, eh, jiminy? Sounds like someone's a little.. shall we say.. GAY!!!!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: Missionary on 04/15/05 at 3:47 pm

Well, I like mustard.

But, also because no one get's the hidden meaning behind it. Tee hee, I'm not going to tell ya what it is either.

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/05 at 3:49 pm

Well, I like mustard.

But, also because no one get's the hidden meaning behind it. Tee hee, I'm not going to tell ya what it is either.

Then what's the point? TELL US.  :D

Written By: Missionary on 04/15/05 at 3:52 pm

Then what's the point? TELL US.  :D

Nah....I like to keep people guessing.

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/05 at 3:53 pm

Gee, could it have something to do with the amount of faith someone has?  ::)

"With faith the size of a mustard seed, one can move mountains"

Or something like that.  :P

Naw, couldn't be.

Written By: Missionary on 04/15/05 at 3:56 pm

Naw, couldn't be.

Oh well, there goes my sense of mystery.  :\'( Darn!

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/05 at 4:02 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Written By: Missionary on 04/15/05 at 4:05 pm

Score!  :)

Ah, I see how you are. *insults you in many foriegn languages*

Written By: Missionary on 04/15/05 at 5:07 pm

You find my extreme faith stupid, I can tell. I know I need to lighten up a bit, but I just get excited about what I learn and how God works in my life. I thought my last name gave the wrong impression and so I changed it to a less obvious name, but it didn't work. Dag Nabit. ;)

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/05 at 5:13 pm

You find my extreme faith stupid, I can tell. I know I need to lighten up a bit, but I just get excited about what I learn and how God works in my life. I thought my last name gave the wrong impression and so I changed it to a less obvious name, but it didn't work. Dag Nabit. ;)

No one finds it stupid... I don't know where you got that impression.

Written By: Missionary on 04/18/05 at 9:21 am

No one finds it stupid... I don't know where you got that impression.

I thought I already explained that. Oh well.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/26/05 at 3:00 pm

BUMPED for the newbies (and the oldtimers who never answered) :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/26/05 at 11:46 pm

I wonder how I got mine....

My old one, Spudboy had to do with DEVO though.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/27/05 at 12:18 am

It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out that my real name is Richard so the first part, "rich" makes sense, also 1981 was the year I was born.

Written By: jiminy on 08/27/05 at 12:23 am

It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out that my real name is Richard so the first part, "rich" makes sense, also 1981 was the year I was born.

why didn't you take "Richard" and call yourself "hard" instead?   :D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/27/05 at 7:21 pm

My name was just one of those things I came up with when I was goofing around in some AOL chat room several years back. Plus, it has a better ring to it (and is a little less obvious) than "La Sinepy Eknod." At first glance, it looks like something from a foreign language.

My younger brother thinks it's stupid. My older brother thinks it's hilarious. 

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/27/05 at 8:24 pm

For those new to this board...my s/n here on Decades comes from my favorite NASCAR Nextel Cup driver, Tony Stewart. And IMO he IS the man...

Written By: shiprunner12 on 08/27/05 at 8:29 pm

My name was just one of those things I came up with when I was goofing around in some AOL chat room several years back. Plus, it has a better ring to it (and is a little less obvious) than "La Sinepy Eknod." At first glance, it looks like something from a foreign language.

My younger brother thinks it's stupid. My older brother thinks it's hilarious. 

Sine is actually a Latin word. It's been an entire summer though, so I don't remember what it means, possibly "over" or "above".

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 9:09 pm

Think I already answered this, but...

YWN is for Your Worst Nightmare.  I use the full name on amiright.com.  When I was writing my first comment (late 2003 or early 2004), I was thinking of a nickname.  Suddenly, I remembered this scene in Mulan (the first movie I had watched in theaters; I was six years old) where this puny dragon answers a question about who he is by saying in a threatening tone, "Your Worst Nightmare!", so I chose that.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/27/05 at 9:12 pm

I'm sure you all know what GRS means. And I may have said this but: it was a random name I thought up (whilst trying to think of the worst nickname ever)  :D

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 9:13 pm

Good Red Shirt sounds like the name of an emo band.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/27/05 at 9:13 pm

Good Red Shirt sounds like the name of an emo band.
AAAARRRRGHHH!

Don't say that.  :-X :-\\

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 9:15 pm

Congratulations on your 6000th post.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/27/05 at 9:16 pm

I shall start my "6000th Post Party Thread" now.  :D 8)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/05 at 9:29 pm

I shall start my "6000th Post Party Thread" now.  :D 8)

God! I don't think I'll ever get there! I've been here for a whole month and I only have 200 something... Hard to imagine that you have typed 6000 of them...

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/27/05 at 9:30 pm

God! I don't think I'll ever get there! I've been here for a whole month and I only have 200 something... Hard to imagine that you have typed 6000 of them...
I've been here since September last year.  :o

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 9:34 pm

I've been here since May 18, 2005.  I have 619 posts, and according to my profile, that is 6.19 posts a day.  Of course, that is bull; I post a lot more than six a day, it is just that I went on vacation for a few months without posting.  I have posted roughly 22.64 posts today.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/27/05 at 11:18 pm

Really??  You've been here longer than me?  I thought you had been here since maybe june of this year!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/27/05 at 11:50 pm

Really??  You've been here longer than me?  I thought you had been here since maybe june of this year!
I never really posted 'til around April this year.  ;) I think that was when I made my 200th post or something.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/28/05 at 12:04 am

so...GRS, how did you get your name?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/28/05 at 12:10 am

I'm sure you all know what GRS means. And I may have said this but: it was a random name I thought up (whilst trying to think of the worst nickname ever)  :D

so...GRS, how did you get your name?
:D

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/28/05 at 12:14 am

uh... ok... ask a question on my thread! pleasE?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/05 at 12:18 am

Ultraviolet is a spinoff of my old screen name, Nocturnerose. I wanted a name that sounded a bit like it came from "The Incredibles" so I attempted at Ultraviolet. the "52" is actually an accident. I meant for it to be 521, but somehow the "1" got cut off when I made my screen name on here. So, 52 has a different meaning for me now, as that's the year my mom was born...

Written By: whistledog on 09/28/05 at 1:48 pm

A Whistle Dog is a hot dog with cheese, bacon and relish that you can get from A&W Restaurants (Canadian chains only.  The American ones don't have 'em).  I was eating one the day I was thinking of a good name to use in the old days of Napster :)

EDIT:  I have since shortened it to └┴┘├┤│└┐┬∟∑™  to be original, and at the same time to confuse people LOL  If you look in the members list, my name no longer shows up under the W's  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/28/05 at 1:52 pm

I've been here since September of 1999.  :o :o

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/28/05 at 2:02 pm

I've been here since September of 1999.  :o :o

Wow, you've been on a while! I've only been on the Internet for about 6 1/2 years myself. I remember it was around Valentines Day of 1999 that we FINALLY got the internet! lol

I've been a member here for only a mere 3 months, but whoa, I've already racked up almost 1100 posts lol

Written By: Apricot on 09/28/05 at 2:04 pm

Sine is actually a Latin word. It's been an entire summer though, so I don't remember what it means, possibly "over" or "above".

It means "without".

My current name is Marquis de Trisette... "de tristesse" literally means "of sadness" in French.. now, does anyone know who Marquis of Sadness is? Here's a picture:

http://kay14.free.fr/serge_gainsbourg.jpg

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/28/05 at 2:52 pm

I've been a member here for only a mere 3 months, but whoa, I've already racked up almost 1100 posts lol

It's easy to do...lol

BTW, I'm glad to have you here, Ultraviolet521!  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/28/05 at 2:56 pm

The first four letters of my name, which spell "Step" and a "chan" honorific added to the end. Influenced by Final Fantasy(NES), Dragon Warrior 3(Gameboy color remake) and the anime show Excel Saga.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/28/05 at 3:04 pm

The first four letters of my name, which spell "Step" and a "chan" honorific added to the end. Influenced by Final Fantasy(NES), Dragon Warrior 3(Gameboy color remake) and the anime show Excel Saga.

'Chan' means child in Japanese.  :)

Written By: Apricot on 09/28/05 at 3:17 pm

Do you know what "san" is? I don't, and I've wondered for a while.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/28/05 at 3:22 pm

I think it's a term they use to show respect when talking to someone...but I'm not certain.

Written By: Apricot on 09/28/05 at 3:24 pm

I only ever hear it for men, though.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/28/05 at 3:40 pm

It's easy to do...lol

BTW, I'm glad to have you here, Ultraviolet521!  :)

Thank you, CeramicsFanatic :0) I am glad you're here, too! 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/28/05 at 3:41 pm

Thank you, CeramicsFanatic :0) I am glad you're here, too! 

:) :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/28/05 at 3:44 pm

Or more appropriately "little one". I just like "Chan" better than "San". Funny thing is that Excel calls Hyatt "Ha-chan"(Excel calls herself "Eh-chan"). Both are average height 18 year old young women.

Maybe I should have said "suffix" instead of "honorific". :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/28/05 at 3:48 pm

The equivalent to Mr., Ms. and Mrs.

In another show I have(Called Azumanga Daioh), in the Japanese dialogue, one character calls Sakaki "Sakaki-san". In the English dub Sakaki is called "Miss Sakaki".

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/28/05 at 3:49 pm

I only ever hear it for men, though.

I just found out that it can apply to men or women.  :)  

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/28/05 at 4:00 pm

Does anybody wanna know how I came up with my posting name? ???

Written By: whistledog on 09/28/05 at 4:04 pm

Does anybody wanna know how I came up with my posting name? ???

yes

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/28/05 at 4:26 pm

yes

mmmmokay then... here's the story.

I guess I was looking for some song lyrics when I stumbled across AmIright. I spent some time there (mostly reading) before trying the messageboard, which took me to a whole new world called Inthe00s. I found it fascinating and decided to join - but I had to come up with a name. Just about the first thing that sprung to my mind was FaultyDog. It had a certain ring to it that I found appealing (though I'm not a dog person - I like 'em, but don't want one myself). But why FaultyDog? I think I read it somewhere else, maybe on another messageboard. But I know for sure that there's a connection with Fawlty Towers, a comedy series that I have always enjoyed. My mind must have made some bizarre connection. And that's all there is to it, really.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/05 at 4:29 pm

JamminOldies was first because I loved the oldies music but Howard is my real birth name.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/28/05 at 4:47 pm

mmmmokay then... here's the story.

I guess I was looking for some song lyrics when I stumbled across AmIright. I spent some time there (mostly reading) before trying the messageboard, which took me to a whole new world called Inthe00s. I found it fascinating and decided to join - but I had to come up with a name. Just about the first thing that sprung to my mind was FaultyDog. It had a certain ring to it that I found appealing (though I'm not a dog person - I like 'em, but don't want one myself). But why FaultyDog? I think I read it somewhere else, maybe on another messageboard. But I know for sure that there's a connection with Fawlty Towers, a comedy series that I have always enjoyed. My mind must have made some bizarre connection. And that's all there is to it, really.

I thought Faulty Dog was in the same sphere as those great Hanna Barbara Cartoons - It just had that same ring to it as Tennessee Tuxedo, Quickdraw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, etc. I really like it though - great name!

Written By: Apricot on 09/28/05 at 4:49 pm

I thought Faulty Dog was in the same sphere as those great Hanna Barbara Cartoons - It just had that same ring to it as Tennessee Tuxedo, Quickdraw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, etc. I really like it though - great name!

That was my guess too.

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/28/05 at 4:53 pm

Thanks! I like yours too. :)

That was my guess too.

Well, I haven't done any further research on the matter, so there's always a possibility.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/28/05 at 5:20 pm

Thanks! I like yours too. :)

Well, I haven't done any further research on the matter, so there's always a possibility.

Thanks, Faulty Dog.

And according to some research online (a la Googlism), I found that
1) Faulty dogs are unwanted little runts
2) Some kind of abnormality in a dog in a batch of newborns - basically a reject.

Poor thing..

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/28/05 at 5:33 pm

anyone wanna take a guest?

Written By: Howard on 09/28/05 at 5:46 pm

anyone wanna take a guest?

Guest? ;D

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/28/05 at 8:44 pm

I like to be barefoot, DUH! ::) :D ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/28/05 at 11:50 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm a lurker... just because I'm too lazy to post.  :P

well, that's what GRS er... Mr. Red Shirt does in my forum

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/29/05 at 1:39 am

I like to be barefoot, DUH! ::) :D ;D

Please don't take this the wrong way, but when I first saw your name and sig my dirty mind went south.
I thought you were an umm...foot enthusiast if you know what I mean.

I feel like such a perv knowing now that you just like to be barefoot ::) :D

Written By: Techno383 on 09/29/05 at 1:40 am

My Friends Gave Me That Nickname Because I'm Aways Listening Dace Music

Written By: Southern Image on 09/29/05 at 12:42 pm

A race horse and the fact I live in So Cal.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/05 at 1:07 pm

A race horse and the fact I live in So Cal.  ;)
There is a racehore living in Southern California?

Written By: Southern Image on 09/29/05 at 1:40 pm

There is a racehore living in Southern California?

A lot of race horses live in So Cal.  ;D

Written By: Apricot on 09/29/05 at 2:29 pm

I was thinking of changing my name again.. I want to use the last name "Dye".

Written By: Howard on 09/29/05 at 2:30 pm

JamminOldies because I love the oldies music but Howard is my real birth name.

Written By: Apricot on 09/29/05 at 2:36 pm

JamminOldies because I love the oldies music but Howard is my real birth name.

I remember somebody said you were JamminOldies... but ever since I've been here, you've been Howard.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/05 at 2:38 pm

I remember somebody said you were JamminOldies... but ever since I've been here, you've been Howard.

I've been Howard for about 3 years now.

Written By: Apricot on 09/29/05 at 2:45 pm

I've been Howard for about 3 years now.

Ah. I've only been here for about 1.5 years.. so that'd be why.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/05 at 2:52 pm

Ah. I've only been here for about 1.5 years.. so that'd be why.

I've actually been here for almost 4 years now

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/29/05 at 8:51 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way, but when I first saw your name and sig my dirty mind went south.
I thought you were an umm...foot enthusiast if you know what I mean.

I feel like such a perv knowing now that you just like to be barefoot ::) :D

PERV!!!!  - LMAO , nope, not a foot fetish person. I just like my own feet  :P

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/30/05 at 9:45 am

Ok I don't feel so weird now lol. I'm a barefoot person too. No shoes or socks in the house for me.The one thing I hate about living in the City is the fact that I can't run around without shoes. everytime I go upstate I take full advantage of the wilderness. :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/27/06 at 1:26 pm

Donnie Darko - I'm somewhat of a nutcase like him, and DD is my favorite movie.  :D

Written By: Abix on 02/04/06 at 4:18 am

I'm Abix because  my real name is Angel and Bix is a shortened  version of my surname.

Written By: Apricot on 02/04/06 at 10:17 am

You all remember me as Apricot, prolly... but here's where Cogs came from. I saw a piece of art years ago called "Creep In Sunglasses".. very dark, very sinister, I liked it as a painting a lot. I decided to make an acronym for that my name... however, while writing it down, I butchered it. What should be "CIS" or "CISG" came out "COGS"... not a clue why. But it works.

Written By: La Roche on 02/04/06 at 11:11 am

It's my name..

How dull.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/04/06 at 12:50 pm

Badfinger was the only group that signed to and remained with the Beatles Apple Records label.. Their first "hit" was written by Paul McCartney "Come and Get It". I grew up during Beatles mania, watched their arrival to America, saw them on Ed Sullivan show, enjoyed the evolution of their music from the beginning until their breakup. That was a sad time in musical history, you didn't want it to end. Badfinger helped to fill the void with a sound similar to the Beatles. Listening to them during my teen years 14-17 years, they became my 2nd favorite musical group, and still are highly treasured to this day. My favorite album Straight Up was produced by George Harrison and Todd Rundgren. I didn't give a lot of thought to my name, I had just listened to them earlier and decided Badfinger-fan was as good a name as any for someone in a site that loves its rock & roll music.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/06 at 6:58 am

Badfinger was the only group that signed to and remained with the Beatles Apple Records label.. Their first "hit" was written by Paul McCartney "Come and Get It". I grew up during Beatles mania, watched their arrival to America, saw them on Ed Sullivan show, enjoyed the evolution of their music from the beginning until their breakup. That was a sad time in musical history, you didn't want it to end. Badfinger helped to fill the void with a sound similar to the Beatles. Listening to them during my teen years 14-17 years, they became my 2nd favorite musical group, and still are highly treasured to this day. My favorite album Straight Up was produced by George Harrison and Todd Rundgren. I didn't give a lot of thought to my name, I had just listened to them earlier and decided Badfinger-fan was as good a name as any for someone in a site that loves its rock & roll music.
Thanks for minding me to watch The Magic Christian.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 02/28/06 at 8:28 am

Albert Of The North: Just some goofy name I made up this one time when I was hanging out with some of my friends. (It also has a little to do with my parents and extended family being from North Dakota.)

Written By: KKay on 02/28/06 at 8:45 am

It's my nickname.  My initials (before I got married) were K.K.

Now I"m K.G., but people still call me KK.

Written By: spaceace on 02/28/06 at 1:03 pm

Spaceace comes from a term my sister used to call people.  Her equivalent for "nerd" or "Geek".  My real name is Alexis.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/28/06 at 1:04 pm

It's the name of a Rolling Stones song that I like.  It was either this or Ruby Tuesday.

I think I picked the right one.

Written By: barefootrobin on 02/28/06 at 5:53 pm

I never wear shoes or socks unless I absolutely have to.  I would rather have cold feet than sweaty feet.  People started calling me Barefoot Robvin and the nickname caught on.  My first name is Robin btw.

Written By: barefootrobin on 02/28/06 at 5:55 pm

I never wear shoes or socks unless I absolutely have to.  I would rather have cold feet than sweaty feet.  People started calling me Barefoot Robvin and the nickname caught on.  My first name is Robin btw.

Me neither!  :P Just like to be barefoot!

Written By: loki 13 on 02/28/06 at 6:41 pm

My name is Kevin, I've mentioned this before but Henk is the only one
who calls me by my given name. My posting name, loki 13, comes from
my love of Norse mythology and that I was born on a Friday 13th.
One theory of triskaidekaphobia or fear of the number 13 comes
from Norse mythology. Aegir summoned 12 Gods to a banquet in
Valhalla when guest number 13 showed up uninvited: Loki, God of evil.

Written By: Apricot on 02/28/06 at 6:59 pm

Well, "Alevenare l'Ami" literally means "Poisoned Lover" in French, which is a nod to the Poison Boyfriend, a Momus album which is shown (Well, a slightly-altered version) in my avatar.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/06 at 7:00 pm

Jamie is my real name, McBain is a charceter from The Simpsons.

http://www.kidmoe.com/mcbain/lheader.gif

Written By: ADH13 on 03/01/06 at 1:21 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/01/06 at 9:50 am

That's cool. "Baby Blue" is one of my favorite songs of all time.  :)

Written By: STAR70 on 03/01/06 at 9:48 pm

I live near Hollywood, hence STAR. I was born in 1970, hence STAR70

Written By: Tia on 03/08/06 at 9:58 am

i remember there's a movie called "star 80," never saw it though.

i started off in a message board for an old band calling myself "maynard sniffley" for whatever reason and using a variety of avatars but then on a whim i saw escape to witch mountain after having forgotten about it for ten years or so and came to the incredible realization that our drummer at the time looked EXACTLY like a twenty-something ike eisenmann aka tony. (see attached photographic evidence.)

the more i pointed this out to him the more he hated it, which of course, goaded me into doing it more and more -- and i was only encouraged in this by the fact that everyone but him agreed with me that he was the spitting image. finally i changed my avatar to tia so that i could mock him continuously. then one of the band girlfriends pointed out that there was this web site where there were thousands of tia avatars and that's where i realized that she managed to, in about three closeups, range through the entire repertoire of human facial expressions. and so is the perfect avatar for anyone.

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/06 at 12:28 pm

i remember there's a movie called "star 80," never saw it though.

Star 80 was a bio pic about Dorothy Stratten

Written By: imadick on 04/05/06 at 7:29 am

ummm well,,,,  ??? I just was registering here and couldnt think of anything  so i just thought up of these two.

I.M.A.D.I.C.K.: Individual Made for Arousing Delights and Intense, Carnal Kisses.
I.M.A.D.I.C.K.: Intelligent Mechanical Android Designed for Infiltration and Ceaseless Killing

My real name is JAMEs

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/05/06 at 8:39 am

I think this is the same as the 'what does your avatar mean thread'...but anyway...

I guess you all probably know what a 'Trimac' is. It's the name of a species of fish in the family Cichlidae a 'Cichlid' for those who keep tropical fish, from Ctrl America. Grows to 30-35cm, omnivorous, territorial. My previous avatar pic was one of them. Scientific name Amphilophus trimaculatus otherwise known as the Three-spot Cichlid or Trimac Cichlid.

Written By: La Roche on 04/05/06 at 9:12 am

Well, mine used to be my name..

..but then I believe Mike said that I could be the shepherd of the violent flock, and it stuck.

Written By: KKay on 04/05/06 at 9:18 am

Well, mine used to be my name..

..but then I believe Mike said that I could be the shepherd of the violent flock, and it stuck.

I think the shepherd of the violent flock is your name and you were using an alias when you were LaRoche.

Written By: Morton on 04/05/06 at 9:39 am

I posted in this thread a while ago, but never really explained how the hell I came to be 'Dak'...

I found AmIRight while searching for parodies, and chose the screen-name 'Dumb Ass Kid'. A lot of people were thrown off-guard when I told them I was British, which was my original intention (I think). When I joined as a member of InThe00s, Dumb Ass Kid was appearing as Dumb Butt Kid or Dumb A** Kid, which irritated me. After noticing people calling me Dak to avoid the censors, that's what I changed my name to, and I guess it's stuck with everyone, myself included

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/05/06 at 12:44 pm

I think this is the same as the 'what does your avatar mean thread'...but anyway...

I guess you all probably know what a 'Trimac' is. It's the name of a species of fish in the family Cichlidae a 'Cichlid' for those who keep tropical fish, from Ctrl America. Grows to 30-35cm, omnivorous, territorial. My previous avatar pic was one of them. Scientific name Amphilophus trimaculatus otherwise known as the Three-spot Cichlid or Trimac Cichlid.

Btw, I use 'Trimac20' for almost everything on the internet that requires an avatar. I've used that name since mid to late 2001, so it's far outdated this forum (if you did a search in google you could probably see my entire internet history from 2001-present). I bet you can't boast the same about YOUR username?  :)

Written By: lorac614 on 04/05/06 at 1:05 pm

It's my name backwards and my birthdate.

Written By: La Roche on 04/05/06 at 7:45 pm

I think the shepherd of the violent flock is your name and you were using an alias when you were LaRoche.

So wise.

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/26/08 at 1:31 pm

Glad you asked!

Well, mine can be determined by taking the square root of 1569958 and adding 2, then you subtract the # of times you peed today, divide that by the # of flies on a piece of poop at any given moment, multiply by the # of hit movies Madonna has had, add 2 tablespoons of jelly, drive 3 miles downhill, heading west, pick up a blonde girl named Ally, play a few rounds of Tetris while eating Tostitos and Fritos, knit a sweater backwards with only 1 hand and a patch over your right eye, hop on a plane to Brazil with a layover in Phoenix, drink 2 pints of Clorox, bid on a Pyrex bowl on Ebay, divide that by the # of legos it takes to spell "great googily goo" 3' high, and spit in a bucket with 3 teeth missing on a Tuesday.  That's how I got my username.

Oh, and it's also my real name.

Written By: seamermar on 08/05/08 at 8:23 pm

Well, despite the warning of this topic has been sleeping for too long, I dare state why my nick is Sea mer mar.

With regard to my nick it's simple and it's clear, it is the voice "sea" breathed it in Spanish, French and English.
I've been sailing so far on several kind of ships, always around my country, Spain, from speedboard to old little coaster,
and right now I'm doing my daily turnaround on tugs in Valencia harbour.
I'm fond of harbour labour ( my current job), river navigation , as well of icebreakers which operate at Saint Laurent river.
I've read about the freighter Edmund Fitzgerald and my skin turned goose bumps or skin chicken or whatever it says.
but always about the sea, la mer or el mar, and the men who put their lives on the fickle fate of the waves.

Twenty years from now
I'll be more disappointed
by the seas that I didn't sail
and the beers that I didn't drink
So I thew off my bowlines long ago
to explorer and discover off-shore
and to get stoned in Honky-tonks

I'm specially fond of music related with oceans, sails and seas, as well,
therefore I'll be fairlly pleased for every sea song you can give me,  8) better a sea-song than some sea-sick :D
I already know some of them.
The Edmund Fitzgerald, Trawlers men, Chopping wood, Ships of fool, There was the sea.
But among them I heartily highlight

"Home from the Sea"

Written by Phil Coulter after the tragic loss of his brother at sea, this song was recorded by Phil, the Clancy brothers and the Lifeboat Chorus (actual lifeboat crews). All proceeds from the sale of the record went to the RNLI in Ireland. The record gained popularity, and has since become the unofficial anthem of lifeboat crews all around the UK and Ireland.

On a cold winter's night, with the storm at it's height,
A lifeboat answers a call.
They pitched and they tossed, 'till we thought they were lost,
As we watched from the harbour wall.
'Tho the night was pitch black, there was no turning back,
For someone was waiting out there,
And each volunteer had to live with his fear
As we joined in a silent prayer.

Chorus:

Home, home, home from the sea,
    Angels of mercy, answer our plea.
    And carry us home, home, home from the sea,
    Carry us safely home, from the sea.

As they battled their way past the mouth of the bay
It was blowing like never before.
As they gallantly fought everyone of them thought
Of loved ones back on the shore.
Then a flicker of light and they knew they were right.
There she was on the crest of a wave.
She's an old fishing boat and she's barely afloat.
Please God, there are souls we can save.

Chorus.................

And back in the town, on a street that runs down
To the sea and the harbour wall.
They had gathered in pairs at the foot of the stairs,
To wait for a radio call.
Then just before dawn, when all hope was gone,
Came a hush, and a faraway sound.
'Twas the coxswain, he roared "All survivors on board,
Thank God, and we're homeward bound"

Chorus....................

If you wish hear and peer....

http://www.shipsnostalgia.tv/action/viewvideo/721/Courtmacsherry_Lifeboat/

I can read and write French as well, and once more the sea is in my mind, this time mer :

C'est pas l'home qui prend la mer
c'est la mer qui prend l'homme.
Moi la mer elle m'a pris
comme on prend un taxi

Ne pleure plus ma mère
je suis matelot
ne pleure plus mon père
je vive au fil de l'eau

Moi je suis Seamermar,
la mer en trois langues.
tel c'est mon pseudo,
juste trois petits mots.

par rapport à la nappe d'eau,
pour moi le plus grand cadeau.
toujours belle dès le grand large
jusqu'aux tout petites calanques.

Je rêve la mer dépuis j'étais gamin
une fois devenu grand je me fis marin.
Je sais que Renaud il était pas tort,
la mer elle m'a mouillé jusqu'aux os,

J'ai un boulot vachement chapeau
tous les jours en poussant bateaux
tantôt vers le lointain horizon
tantôt à les coucher coté dock.

Avec la bière j'éprouve le roulis
jusque à l'heure du dégueulis.
Lors j'avale de forts brevages
je ressens plus dur le tangage

En échouant longtemps ma racine
jusqu'à mon arrivée au forummarine.
désormais je naviguerai parmi vous
et je n'aurai plus peur aux cailloux.

Oui, vraiment la mer elle m'a pris
et aussi carrément la poesie,
donc je subis une forte nostalgie
dont je soigne au forummarine.

Mon pseudo c'est Seamermar
prêt à vous échouer le cafard
je serai jamais vos cauchermar
mais le plus gaillard sur le gaillard.

Peut-être quelque canadien de Quecbec il est parmi nous , ça me ferais un grand plaisir de partager idées, chansons et de bon moments.
Ou bien quelqu'un de New Orleans qui n'a pas encore oublié la langue de leur Grand-Pères.
Plus on est de fous plus on rit.  ;D

No use to say that "mar" is the same as sea but in my native tongue.

A por el mar que ya se adivina,
a por el mar promesa y semilla
de libertad,
a por el mar
a por el mar.

Esto es como un mensaje en una botella,
debemos tener fe y esperar que alguién un dia la reciba
y recibamos una respuesta con una gran alegría.

Therefore I'm fairly pleased to trade and share drafted speeches to all of you
no matters which one of these languages we use, although I think English is and will the key.

Well I hope some of you enjoy poetry cause my mind likes to sneak into tje poetry side of the life...

....maybe more often than it sould have. ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/09/08 at 7:24 pm

Spaceace comes from a term my sister used to call people.  Her equivalent for "nerd" or "Geek".  My real name is Alexis.

I remember this.  I didn't really trust people on the boards yet.

Reynolds1863

Reynolds is in honor of Major General John Fulton Reynolds, my favorite Civil War general.  1863 is the year of the battle of Gettysburg.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/10/08 at 10:47 am

Mine is easy I like greenjello and 74 is the year I graduated from high school. I used to be Seahag43, but needed a change.

Written By: warped on 05/22/13 at 6:06 pm

I came up with "warped" cause most people would say I'm a little bit warped, bizarre, weird, different...but all in a good way of course  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/13 at 6:33 pm

Willy wonka is one of my favorite films from childhood.
The snozberries scene contains my favorite inspirational line -

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Since that line is too long I decided to use snozberries because whenever I see it it makes me think of my favorite line.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/13 at 9:12 pm

Dagwood is a nickname that I had as a kid and it stuck.  Throws people off...they think I am a guy because of the name but I am a girl.

Adding to this.  The Profile Bandit hit and I got changed to Dagnabbit.  I liked it so here I am. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/23/13 at 8:04 am

I used to be called jamminoldies but then I changed it to Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/13 at 11:58 pm

"Maxwell Smart" from "Get Smart."  I posted briefly as Maxwell Sartre, but decided an existentialist pun was way to snooty for this board. 
::)

Written By: Goodogbadog on 05/25/13 at 7:48 pm

I came up with "warped" cause most people would say I'm a little bit warped, bizarre, weird, different...but all in a good way of course  ;)

Warped, I remember that from when you joined. Not too long ago! I had recently joined, too.

I call myself Goodogbadog because it's a fun name and it's funny to leave out some of the "d's." I have my "bad" side and my "good" side (as probably everyone does!) and I was thinking about that when I came up with this name. I think, actually, God gave it to me. Well, I couldn't have thought of it by myself, could I!  :)

Written By: whistledog on 05/26/13 at 7:16 pm

I call myself whistledog because I was sitting in an A&W eating one at the time

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5188/5663663293_7481b8d58e_o.jpg

Written By: warped on 05/26/13 at 7:39 pm

I call myself whistledog because I was sitting in an A&W eating one at the time

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5188/5663663293_7481b8d58e_o.jpg

Good thing you weren't in a Chinese restaurant ordering this

http://www.chineseenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/the-shrimp-f-cabbage-shaanxi.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 05/26/13 at 7:48 pm

Deaf Ted, Danoota, (and me).    By John Lennon

Thorg hilly grove and burly ive,
Big daleys grass and tree
We clobber ever gallup

Never shall we partly stray,
Fast stirrup all we three
Fight the battle mighty sword

With faithful frog beside us,
Big mighty club are we
The battle scab and frisky dyke

We fith the baddy baddies,
For colour, race and cree
For Negro, Jew and Bernie

Thorg Billy grown and Burnley ten,
And Aston Villa three
We clobber ever gallup

So if you hear a wonderous sight,
Am blutter or at sea,
Rememer whom they mighty say
Deaf Ted, Danoota, and me -

(sometimes we bring our friend, Malcom.)

Written By: XYkid on 12/28/13 at 8:35 am

I'm called XYkid because I was born in Generation Y but I identify more with the culture and lifestyle of Generation X. I'm also a male, so it works out perfectly.

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/28/13 at 9:42 am

I grabbed a pen and paper and quickly wrote the first word that came to mind, which was "amjikloviet. After a while, I noticed that it actually says "majikviolet" spelled differently of course. 

Written By: Ripley on 12/30/13 at 10:10 pm

Ripley is my favorite movie character!  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/13 at 4:19 am

The Talented Mr Ripley?

Written By: Howard on 12/31/13 at 8:09 am

Believe It or Not.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/13 at 7:57 pm

The Talented Mr Ripley?

clever...but not exactly...

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/31/13 at 10:02 pm

Good thing you weren't in a Chinese restaurant ordering this

http://www.chineseenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/the-shrimp-f-cabbage-shaanxi.jpg

This is absolutely hilarious!  I can't stop laughing!  ;D ;D

Written By: Ripley on 12/31/13 at 11:48 pm

The Talented Mr Ripley?

Ellen Ripley from Alien

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/01/14 at 7:03 am

Ellen Ripley from Alien
Alien, one of best science fiction movies.

Written By: Ripley on 01/01/14 at 11:29 am

Alien, one of best science fiction movies.

;) :)

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/09/15 at 7:47 am

Redhairkid derives from my hair colour. My nephew (also a redhead) was referred to as this by someone who did not know his name. I use different names for different fora.

My real name is Agnetha.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/20/15 at 5:50 pm

It spoke to my pseudo-Gothic 17 year-old soul.

Check for new replies or respond here...