inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The YouTube Thread

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/25/06 at 6:26 pm

Share your YouTube videos, or any YouTube video, here.

I'll start, with my song Do the Robot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVwGWNAcqg

Subject: Re: The YouTube Thread

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/25/06 at 6:52 pm

Share your YouTube videos, or any YouTube video, here.

I'll start, with my song Do the Robot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVwGWNAcqg

hmmm, interesting video.. How do you make one of those, by the way?

Written By: Apricot on 04/25/06 at 6:57 pm

I use YouTube.. it never loads right, though.

Subject: Donnie Darko does too many threads

Written By: whistledog on 04/25/06 at 8:00 pm

I use YouTube quite a bit, but I never upload stuff.  I just like watching classic music videos

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/25/06 at 9:14 pm

hmmm, interesting video.. How do you make one of those, by the way?

Windows Movie Maker works well if you have XP. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/26/06 at 2:33 am

Windows Movie Maker works well if you have XP. 

Yeah, I have XP, now if only my computer could handle that would be the next thing to figure out. My computer always sounds like it is on a respirator machine.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/26/06 at 4:32 am

Here's mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKuxggB4tc

tell me what you think.

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/07 at 4:25 pm

I use YouTube quite a bit, but I never upload stuff.  I just like watching classic music videos

edit:  I did upload a few music videos, but only ones that weren't already on there.  Apparently I violated the terms of service, and after I try to log in today, I get a message saying my account has been permanently suspended.  Remember when YouTube used to be great?  Now it sucks.  I'll still go there to watch videos and stuff, but eventually with all these legalities going on over there, there might not be any videos left to watch :\'(

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/23/07 at 4:36 pm

Yeah, lots of people have had their accounts deleted/suspended. It's not YouTube's fault since Viacom forces them to take it off, but it's still a bummer. It's unpredictable exactly what will stay and what won't, but it's basically anything copyrighted that they seem to go after. There've been lots of old-school videos as well as other things that have vanished (i.e. there was a guy who uploaded tons of classic Unsolved Mysteries segments).

Best thing to do if you see something you like is to watch it right then, 'cause you might not have the chance again, lol. I have a boombox hooked up to the computer as its "speakers", so I actually taped quite a bit off there. At least I have the audio. ;)

P.S. I have an account, but all I do is leave comments and watch videos. When/if I have time, I might upload some stuff, but I'm trying to play it on the safe side 'cause they'd probably delete me too if I put up, say episodes of shows, commercials or old VH1 footage.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/07 at 4:39 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DreRsMyQnCo

David Ruffin "Walk Away From Love". :)

Written By: whistledog on 07/23/07 at 9:13 pm

Yeah, lots of people have had their accounts deleted/suspended. It's not YouTube's fault since Viacom forces them to take it off, but it's still a bummer. It's unpredictable exactly what will stay and what won't, but it's basically anything copyrighted that they seem to go after. There've been lots of old-school videos as well as other things that have vanished (i.e. there was a guy who uploaded tons of classic Unsolved Mysteries segments).

Best thing to do if you see something you like is to watch it right then, 'cause you might not have the chance again, lol. I have a boombox hooked up to the computer as its "speakers", so I actually taped quite a bit off there. At least I have the audio. ;)

P.S. I have an account, but all I do is leave comments and watch videos. When/if I have time, I might upload some stuff, but I'm trying to play it on the safe side 'cause they'd probably delete me too if I put up, say episodes of shows, commercials or old VH1 footage.

Things are rapidly vanishing from YouTube.  Usually if I see a video or a clip I really like, I steal the video from YouTube and download it to my PC so I can watch it whenever I want.  I need to get a DVD burner, so I can burn them to a disc, and make my own Music Video collections on DVD

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/23/07 at 10:42 pm

^That's a good idea, I should do that sometime. Especially with anything rare.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/07 at 7:16 am

Things are rapidly vanishing from YouTube.  Usually if I see a video or a clip I really like, I steal the video from YouTube and download it to my PC so I can watch it whenever I want.  I need to get a DVD burner, so I can burn them to a disc, and make my own Music Video collections on DVD

But then stupid Viacom takes everything away! >:(

Written By: Howard on 10/07/11 at 7:57 pm

I'm having problems with the subscriptions box lately,In the box I'm subscribed to many people who send me videos to watch but why in the hell do I keep getting sent the same videos from a month or so ago when I already watched them?  ??? Shouldn't the videos you watch(ed) and after they're watched,they're deleted and I now have a page of the same videos,the box should be empty,Should I talk to youtube about this problem? ???

Written By: King Tut on 10/07/11 at 8:01 pm

I'm having problems with the subscriptions box lately,In the box I'm subscribed to many people who send me videos to watch but why in the hell do I keep getting sent the same videos from a month or so ago when I already watched them?  ??? Shouldn't the videos you watch(ed) and after they're watched,they're deleted and I now have a page of the same videos,the box should be empty,Should I talk to youtube about this problem? ???

For the problem videos, try to cancel the subscription and just check out the ( peoples) id's once in a while to view new videos/songs they post.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/11 at 8:04 pm

For the problem videos, try to cancel the subscription and just check out the ( peoples) id's once in a while to view new videos/songs they post.

Thanks Tut. You have the problem too?  ???

Written By: King Tut on 10/07/11 at 8:07 pm

Thanks Tut. You have the problem too?  ???

No.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/11 at 8:09 pm

No.

This must be something new to youtube,I'm guessing?  ???

Written By: King Tut on 10/07/11 at 8:19 pm

This must be something new to youtube,I'm guessing?  ???

do not know. never had a problem with those I have a subscription with.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/11 at 8:22 pm

do not know. never had a problem with those I have a subscription with.

Maybe I'll write to the youtube guy.

Written By: King Tut on 10/08/11 at 12:14 am

Maybe I'll write to the youtube guy.

I understand, but it's easier if you just edit your subscriptions and delete those that are causing trouble. Alternatively, go here to their help center.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/

Written By: Howard on 10/08/11 at 7:19 am

I understand, but it's easier if you just edit your subscriptions and delete those that are causing trouble. Alternatively, go here to their help center.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/

I think I'll try that and we'll see what happens.I think I subscribed to too many videos.

Written By: King Tut on 10/08/11 at 12:38 pm

I think I subscribed to too many videos.

Then you know what the answer is, as to what to do.

Written By: Howard on 10/09/11 at 7:26 am

What I did yesterday first I unsubscribed to all of them then I subscribed to the ones that I will watch,next thing I knew the whole page of videos disappeared then it reappeared again.Must be a glitch in youtube,a few years ago there used to be a deletion button when you finished watching a video you deleted it but now there's none.

Check for new replies or respond here...