inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Save Howard!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 3:41 pm

Just gonna try this out to help our buddy here :)

Howard lives in Queens, NY.  He needs a job.  His job coach hasn't gotten results since Au Bon Pain. 

So I want Howard to see this thread, tell us what his job experience is and what his skills are, and then let's help Howard set up a resume and some accounts on Hotjobs.com and Monster.com, and see if we can't do a better job.

What do you say, Howard?  It can't hurt. 

So the ball's in your court now, Howard.  If you need help, post here and let's see what we can do!

Wooha!

Subject: Re: Save Howard!

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 3:47 pm

Just gonna try this out to help our buddy here :)

Howard lives in Queens, NY.  He needs a job.  His job coach hasn't gotten results since Au Bon Pain. 

So I want Howard to see this thread, tell us what his job experience is and what his skills are, and then let's help Howard set up a resume and some accounts on Hotjobs.com and Monster.com, and see if we can't do a better job.

What do you say, Howard?  It can't hurt. 

So the ball's in your court now, Howard.  If you need help, post here and let's see what we can do!

Wooha!

Ok,see what you guys can do. :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 3:48 pm

Need some info first buddy...

Job experience?

Job skills?

What do you like to do?

What do you think you CAN do?

That is good to start with ;)  I've got some time, I'm on VACATION!  *w00t*

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 3:49 pm

Ok,see what you guys can do. :)

Go ahead and post your job experience and your job skills and someone who's good at writing resumes can get one started for you.  You can add your name, address, and phone number yourself if you don't feel like giving it out.  Once we know what you can do and what you have done, I'll start looking at Monster.com and see about setting you up an account there.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 3:50 pm

Need some info first buddy...

Job experience?

Job skills?

What do you like to do?

What do you think you CAN do?

That is good to start with ;)  I've got some time, I'm on VACATION!  *w00t*

I'll think about it some other time

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 3:50 pm

Go ahead and post your job experience and your job skills and someone who's good at writing resumes can get one started for you.  You can add your name, address, and phone number yourself if you don't feel like giving it out.  Once we know what you can do and what you have done, I'll start looking at Monster.com and see about setting you up an account there.

No thank you not at the moment

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 3:50 pm

Howard, the point of this thread is to think about it now.  You need a job, and there's plenty of people here who are willing to bust their asses to find you one, even if they live clear across the country.  You need to be more proactive about this.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 3:52 pm

Howard, the point of this thread is to think about it now.  You need a job, and there's plenty of people here who are willing to bust their asses to find you one, even if they live clear across the country.  You need to be more proactive about this.

I know I'm too anxious at the moment. :(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 3:52 pm

Okay, write it down on a napkin or a piece of paper at home so you can brainstorm this stuff.  Get back to this thread when you're ready.  I'm going home to CA tomorrow but I'll see what I can do (or other awesome Penguins can do, since they're around still) when I get to a computer.

We'll get you a job yet!  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 3:53 pm

Okay, write it down on a napkin or a piece of paper at home so you can brainstorm this stuff.  Get back to this thread when you're ready.  I'm going home to CA tomorrow but I'll see what I can do (or other awesome Penguins can do, since they're around still) when I get to a computer.

We'll get you a job yet!  :D

Thanks for all the help Rice. ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 3:54 pm

God helps those who help themselves, Howard.

Not that I'm religious or anything, but y'know.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 3:58 pm

God helps those who help themselves, Howard.

Not that I'm religious or anything, but y'know.

I'll let God and a prayer help me through

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 3:59 pm

I'll let God and a prayer help me through

No offense, but you need to do some of the work yourself. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/08/06 at 4:00 pm

Howard, just by googling "employment queens new york", and clicking on "local results for employment near Queens, New York", there are 4 pages of employment agencies that could help you more than your current job coach.  Here are 3:

Adecco Employment Services - 2.1 miles W - 9745 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, 11374 - (718) 459-8300
Accountemps - 0.7 miles SW - Suite 201, 80-02 Kew Gardens Rd, Kew Gardens, 11415 - (718) 997-1140
Authentic Employment Agency - 3.7 miles NW - 8205 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing, 11372 - (718) 565-0582

It can't hurt to call one of them.  I recommend the first one, I know a couple people who got jobs within a week or so of calling them....

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:01 pm

Howard, just by googling "employment queens new york", and clicking on "local results for employment near Queens, New York", there are 4 pages of employment agencies that could help you more than your current job coach.  Here are 3:

Adecco Employment Services - 2.1 miles W - 9745 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, 11374 - (718) 459-8300
Accountemps - 0.7 miles SW - Suite 201, 80-02 Kew Gardens Rd, Kew Gardens, 11415 - (718) 997-1140
Authentic Employment Agency - 3.7 miles NW - 8205 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing, 11372 - (718) 565-0582

It can't hurt to call one of them.  I recommend the first one, I know a couple people who got jobs within a week or so of calling them....

Headhunters are great.  My dad uses them alot.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:01 pm

No offense, but you need to do some of the work yourself. 

I know prayer doesn't help much

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:01 pm

I know prayer doesn't help much

Psychologically it might do wonders for you, but it won't physically help you get any jobs. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:02 pm

Mama K is the roxxorz!11!1!

Go, Howard!  Go and get employed!  :D  She's right, headhunters are great.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/08/06 at 4:02 pm

Headhunters are great.  My dad uses them alot.
My husband's been contacted by them quite a bit, but he's never used them.  The jobs they offer him aren't nearly as good as the one he's got already :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:03 pm

^ Why is he on a headhunter list when he already has an awesome job?  ???  Does he not like the current one?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:03 pm

My husband's been contacted by them quite a bit, but he's never used them.  The jobs they offer him aren't nearly as good as the one he's got already :-\\

I'm thinking about looking into using one myself.  I'm coming up empty on my own job searches.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/08/06 at 4:04 pm

^ Why is he on a headhunter list when he already has an awesome job?  ???  Does he not like the current one?
I'm not sure.  He's never signed up to be on one.  They just call him out of the blue ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/08/06 at 4:05 pm

here is that link again Howard...

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/

you can do a search and see what's available in your area.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:05 pm

Hell, you can go work for the Mets.  Omar Minaya may ask you to be in their rotation!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:05 pm

Psychologically it might do wonders for you, but it won't physically help you get any jobs. 

What about horoscopes?

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:06 pm

Thanks. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/08/06 at 4:07 pm

What about horoscopes?

Howard...the point is...you need to stop relying on these kinds of things...and take the initiative to get a job. Sometimes you have to do the work/searching for the job...they don't just jump in your lap.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/08/06 at 4:07 pm

What about horoscopes?
ummm......no.....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:07 pm

Yeah, Howard.  Go to one of their minor league affiliates during open tryouts and if you can throw a decent fastball I think you just scored yourself a job :)

But in the meantime...try looking through these job sites and see what happens.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:08 pm

Yeah, Howard.  Go to one of their minor league affiliates during open tryouts and if you can throw a decent fastball I think you just scored yourself a job :)

I sure will,Thanks Guys.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/08/06 at 4:08 pm

it would be even cool to be like an usher at the stadium...I knew someone who did that at PNC Park...they loved it!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:09 pm

What about horoscopes?

No Howard.  Do not use horoscopes to help you find a job.  People have given you plenty of avenues in this thread to help you find work.  You have to physically get off your butt and do the work yourself if you want employment.  Prayer, horoscopes, meditation....they may soothe your soul, but they won't fill your bank account.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:10 pm

There was this crazy goofball old guy who used to work at the campus bookstore with me.  Years later, I went to an Oakland A's game and saw him passing out cotton candy.  Then a couple weeks after that I was at the Giants' ballpark and saw him selling hot dogs.  It was awesome.

Remember Howard, if you're having trouble with your resume and applications and your job coach is inaccessible, post here and there shall be help!

Need that info though...see first page!

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:10 pm

No Howard.  Do not use horoscopes to help you find a job.  People have given you plenty of avenues in this thread to help you find work.  You have to physically get off your butt and do the work yourself if you want employment.  Prayer, horoscopes, meditation....they may soothe your soul, but they won't fill your bank account.

for the moment,I don't want help.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:11 pm

for the moment,I don't want help.

I really don't know why not.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:12 pm

I really don't know why not.

I don't know that's just me.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:13 pm

If you're not willing to accept help (REAL help) in finding you a job, then you're going to be sitting on your ass at home forever.  We don't want that for you.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/08/06 at 4:14 pm

but Howard...you complain that you don't have a job and that you really wanna work, etc...but then when people try to help you find a job...you tell us that you don't want to find one right now...I don't get it. ???

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:15 pm

but Howard...you complain that you don't have a job and that you really wanna work, etc...but then when people try to help you find a job...you tell us that you don't want to find one right now...I don't get it. ???

I'm confused :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/08/06 at 4:16 pm

I'm confused :-\\

I am too. :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:16 pm

I think someone physically closer to Howard (i.e. someone in NY, or maybe even his parents) needs to hold his hand and make him sit down and be more proactive.  Otherwise this is a waste of time.

My bad, guys.  Thought it could work.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 4:16 pm

I think someone physically closer to Howard (i.e. someone in NY, or maybe even his parents) needs to hold his hand and make him sit down and be more proactive.  Otherwise this is a waste of time.

It's okay Rice.  Your heart was in the right place.  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:17 pm

I understand Rice,please don't feel so bad. :(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:18 pm

I understand Rice,please don't feel so bad. :(

I just wanted Howard to have a job, like, next week, that's all :\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:19 pm

I just wanted Howard to have a job, like, next week, that's all :\'(

I really do appreciate all your help,thank you so much (HUGS) :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:27 pm

I really do appreciate all your help,thank you so much (HUGS) :)

It's alright Howard...I'll *sniffle* be alright.  But I would be feeling tons better if you had a job ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/06 at 4:28 pm

It's alright Howard...I'll *sniffle* be alright.  But I would be feeling tons better if you had a job ;)

Are you Robin you sound like her. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/06 at 4:29 pm

Are you Robin you sound like her. ;D

No, I'm not, Howard.  You don't have to kiss my butt ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/09/06 at 6:47 am

Anyone want to help me to save my relationship or do you think this thread's a waste of time? ???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/06 at 9:01 am

This thread isn't a waste of time, but I think your "relationship" is :(

Written By: Howard on 12/09/06 at 8:24 pm

I think I could save this relationship,there is a possibility.Most likely by this month or maybe even January.Even if this relationship Isn't saved by Christmas or New Year's cause I know I don't want her to be lonely on Christmas & New Year's.We'll both be thinking about each other so much,There's always Valentine's Day.I told Robin that the next job I get will start me off with Part Time first then later on down the road,Maybe add some hours or more days depends on what job I get next to get to full time eventually.Hey,I never expected to get laid off from Au Bon Pain,that was the least of my worries on that day coming home from the dentist.I had her on a string meaning she thought that Au Bon Pain was eventually going to turn to full time but you know something,It didn't and she kept telling her Parents that "Howard's doing good,He's trying hard as he can cause I love him a lot",now look what happens months later,temporary breakup.I'm not proving anything to anyone except me and My family cause I know I'm doing good and trying so hard.It takes a lot of patience,time and hard work.We will get back together,I promise.Right Now,I'm kissing ass so I'll do anything at this moment for her and her impatient Parents.  ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/06 at 8:31 pm

ass kisser  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/09/06 at 8:31 pm

I think I could save this relationship,there is a possibility.Most likely by this month or maybe even January.Even if this relationship Isn't saved by Christmas or New Year's cause I know I don't want her to be lonely on Christmas & New Year's.We'll both be thinking about each other so much,There's always Valentine's Day.I told Robin that the next job I get will start me off with Part Time first then later on down the road,Maybe add some hours or more days depends on what job I get next to get to full time eventually.Hey,I never expected to get laid off from Au Bon Pain,that was the least of my worries on that day coming home from the dentist.I had her on a string meaning she thought that Au Bon Pain was eventually going to turn to full time but you know something,It didn't and she kept telling her Parents that "Howard's doing good,He's trying hard as he can cause I love him a lot",now look what happens months later,temporary breakup.I'm not proving anything to anyone except me and My family cause I know I'm doing good and trying so hard.It takes a lot of patience,time and hard work.We will get back together,I promise.Right Now,I'm kissing ass so I'll do anything at this moment for her and her impatient Parents.  ::)

I for the life of me cannot understand why you want to be with someone who doesn't love you, respect you, or treat you even half-way decent.  Her parents even treat you like crap.  I swear Howard, if you stay with this woman you are going to be miserable and lonely.  I can guarantee it.  Women like her don't change.  They just don't. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/06 at 8:33 pm

I for the life of me cannot understand why you want to be with someone who doesn't love you, respect you, or treat you even half-way decent.  Her parents even treat you like crap.  I swear Howard, if you stay with this woman you are going to miserable and lonely.  I can guarantee it.  Women like her don't change.  They just don't. 
he believes in miracles

Written By: Howard on 12/09/06 at 9:18 pm

ass kisser  ;D

Thanks Mike and I will continue to kiss as much ass as possible to get back together with her no matter what anyone tells me.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/09/06 at 9:21 pm

Thanks Mike and I will continue to kiss as much ass as possible to get back together with her no matter what anyone tells me.

I don't know why you want to be miserable.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/06 at 9:22 pm

I for the life of me cannot understand why you want to be with someone who doesn't love you, respect you, or treat you even half-way decent.  Her parents even treat you like crap.  I swear Howard, if you stay with this woman you are going to be miserable and lonely. I can guarantee it.  Women like her don't change.  They just don't. 

And How do you know they don't "change",Maybe they do.You can't say she's not going to change,Could be that something's stopping her from changing.So don't assume!

Written By: Howard on 12/09/06 at 9:25 pm

I don't know why you want to be miserable.

Heck No,I'm not miserable,I feel perfectly fine.Audibally,I enjoy talking to her over the phone.It's great that we both have pretty good conversations now than we used to a year ago.Things have changed a whole lot.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/06 at 9:25 pm

he believes in miracles

Miracles do happen!  :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/09/06 at 9:27 pm

And How do you know they don't "change",Maybe they do.You can't say she's not going to change,Could be that something's stopping her from changing.So don't assume!

Howard, I know women like her.  If she really loved you, she wouldn't treat you like garbage all the time, her parents wouldn't put you down all the time and she wouldn't keep stringing you along by your willy.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/09/06 at 9:28 pm

Heck No,I'm not miserable,I feel perfectly fine.Audibally,I enjoy talking to her over the phone.It's great that we both have pretty good conversations now than we used to a year ago.Things have changed a whole lot.

I'm not saying you're miserable now. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/06 at 12:43 am

sure, and I trust you know I was only teasing ya.

Miracles do happen!  :)
Miracles Happen - Myra  what a good song, it's at the end of that Anne hathaway movie where she finds out Julie Andrews, the Queen of some country is her grandma. whats the name of that movie.
Howard. I think you should listen to some of these people and think about dating someone else or is it to hard for you to try to find another girlfriend.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 7:33 am

Howard, I know women like her.  If she really loved you, she wouldn't treat you like garbage all the time, her parents wouldn't put you down all the time and she wouldn't keep stringing you along by your willy.

I got to string her along for 9 months.She thought that The Au Bon Pain job was going to turn into full time by getting me more hours and days but that never came about so the temporary breakup was the only solution for her.She didn't want to have her parents screaming in her face again.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 7:35 am

sure, and I trust you know I was only teasing ya.

Miracles Happen - Myra   what a good song, it's at the end of that Anne hathaway movie where she finds out Julie Andrews, the Queen of some country is her grandma. whats the name of that movie.
Howard. I think you should listen to some of these people and think about dating someone else or is it to hard for you to try to find another girlfriend.

I'm going to do what I have to do to get her back together with me.If not this month then hopefully by January or February the latest.You never know,maybe even sooner than that.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 11:32 am

I got to string her along for 9 months.She thought that The Au Bon Pain job was going to turn into full time by getting me more hours and days but that never came about so the temporary breakup was the only solution for her.She didn't want to have her parents screaming in her face again.

Howard, you weren't stringing her along.  You thought the ABP job would turn into more hours, but it didn't.  That's not your fault.  She's got you thinking you were to blame, or somehow you led her to believe that you'd get more hours even though you never intended to.....that's HER problem, not yours. 

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:08 pm

Howard, you weren't stringing her along.  You thought the ABP job would turn into more hours, but it didn't.  That's not your fault.  She's got you thinking you were to blame, or somehow you led her to believe that you'd get more hours even though you never intended to.....that's HER problem, not yours. 

So why couldn't she be with me whether I had a job or not? All I'm asking her is for 1 stinkin' day out of the month just to see her,that's all I ask of Robin.Then we could go back to the breakup.I tried to bribe her with money over the phone last night but no dice. ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:10 pm

So why couldn't she be with me whether I had a job or not? All I'm asking her is for 1 stinkin' day out of the month just to see her,that's all I ask of Robin.Then we could go back to the breakup.I tried to bribe her with money over the phone last night but no dice. ::)

DEAR GOD NO.  You don't bribe people to go out with you.  That's desperate.  She doesn't want to be with you because she's messed up and doesn't know what she wants.  You don't need to be with someone like that.

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:15 pm

I tried to bribe her with money over the phone last night but no dice. ::)

Howard.. I've found that whenever you offer a woman money to spend time with you.. the police begin to pay more attention to you than you might want.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:17 pm

DEAR GOD NO.  You don't bribe people to go out with you.  That's desperate.  She doesn't want to be with you because she's messed up and doesn't know what she wants.  You don't need to be with someone like that.

I'm lonely and desperate.It just came to me,I wasn't thinking clearly. :(

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:18 pm

Howard.. I've found that whenever you offer a woman money to spend time with you.. the police begin to pay more attention to you than you might want.

I don't need the police at my door,too many problems in my life to think about. ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:18 pm

I'm lonely and desperate.It just came to me,I wasn't thinking clearly. :(

This girl is f*cking with your head.......call her and tell her to go to hell.  You'll feel much better.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:19 pm

This girl is f*cking with your head.......call her and tell her to go to hell.  You'll feel much better.

I wouldn't do it,I don't have balls.

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 2:24 pm

maybe you should try and do something that will really, really impress her.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/10/06 at 2:24 pm

If you don't have balls, then stop asking for sex!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:24 pm

Jodie Foster might be able to help.

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:25 pm

I don't have balls.

You won't do if she has anything to do with it.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:25 pm

Over the Phone?

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:26 pm

If you don't have balls, then stop asking for sex!

I don't ask for sex.

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:26 pm

Over the Phone?

Nah, something really brave.

Maybe try and be a cop.. I know guns really impress girls.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:27 pm

Jodie Foster might be able to help.

be realistic. ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:28 pm

I don't ask for sex.

Oh come on Howard.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:28 pm

Nah, something really brave.

Maybe try and be a cop.. I know guns really impress girls.

I have a gun in my pocket and she's really glad to see me. ;D

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 2:29 pm

Over the Phone?
no. you have to do something that will make the news.

think of how into you she'll be when she sees your face on television.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:29 pm

Like I said, Jodie Foster can help.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:29 pm

Oh come on Howard.

If I ask for sex then I say let's go to a motel but we both know we can't afford one at the moment.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:30 pm

Rob a bank? ::)

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:31 pm

That's true. But how to get on the news.. that's tough. You gotta do something note-worthy, way out of the normal areas of everyday life.

Hmmmm, I dunno, I think you'd probably get in a lot of trouble for that.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:31 pm

If I ask for sex then I say let's go to a motel but we both know we can't afford one at the moment.

Why would you want to sleep with such a high-maintenance biatch?  She sounds like someone I'd punch the daylights out of if I met her in a mall.

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:34 pm

Why would you want to sleep with such a high-maintenance biatch?  She sounds like someone I'd punch the daylights out of if I met her in a mall.

Howard.

Maybe you should have like.. a big fight or something, is there anybody Robin dosen't like?

When I was 13 I was trying to impress this girl called Samantha Staskavic.. so I beat up her brother.

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 2:36 pm

i'm thinking something involving fast cars, hostages, shotguns, and ever-changing, unreasonable demands that can never bet met.

howard is the night rider! think of him when you look to the night sky!

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:36 pm

i'm thinking something involving fast cars, hostages, shotguns, and ever-changing, unreasonable demands that can never bet met.

howard is the night rider! think of him when you look to the night sky!

HE
IS
THE
PAINKILLER!!

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:37 pm

That's true. But how to get on the news.. that's tough. You gotta do something note-worthy, way out of the normal areas of everyday life.

Hmmmm, I dunno, I think you'd probably get in a lot of trouble for that.

I don't know at the moment

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:38 pm

Why don't you punch her out. ::)

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 2:38 pm

I don't know at the moment
getting into trouble is the impressive part! chicks love that stuff, just look at how my cons get babe-age fan mail in prison.

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 2:39 pm

you're closer.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:39 pm

Howard.

Maybe you should have like.. a big fight or something, is there anybody Robin dosen't like?

When I was 13 I was trying to impress this girl called Samantha Staskavic.. so I beat up her brother.

fighting And Arguing

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:40 pm

Fine I will.  Give me her address.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:41 pm

Fine I will.  Give me her address.

Uh...No!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:49 pm

Uh...No!

Then don't tell me I should knock her out.

getting into trouble is the impressive part! chicks love that stuff, just look at how my cons get babe-age fan mail in prison.

Babe-age?  That was straight outta Wayne's World, dude.

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:50 pm

Nuuuuuge.

Written By: Tia on 12/10/06 at 2:52 pm

you say that like there's something wrong with it! :\'(

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 2:52 pm

Then don't tell me I should knock her out.

What's babe-age?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:53 pm

you say that like there's something wrong with it! :\'(

Wayne's World is awesome.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:53 pm

What's babe-age?

The degree to which a woman is a babe, scientifically speaking.

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 2:54 pm

The degree to which a woman is a babe, scientifically speaking.

Measureable on a schwing-o-meter.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 2:55 pm

Awesome.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/06 at 3:02 pm

also known as the strokability scale

Written By: La Roche on 12/10/06 at 3:07 pm

also known as the strokability scale

A 7 or above requires you making a trip below the equator.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 3:09 pm

A 7 or above requires you making a trip below the equator.

I better go below 7

Written By: Abix on 12/10/06 at 3:28 pm

Hell, you can go work for the Mets.  Omar Minaya may ask you to be in their rotation!  ;D

I'm having Seinfeld flashbacks! ;)

George: I like sports, I could do something in sports.
Jerry: Uh huh....in what capacity?
George: You know, like the General Manager of a baseball team, something like that.
Jerry: Yeah well, that can be tough to get.
George: Well it doesnt' even have to be the General Manager. Maybe I could be an announcer, like a color guy. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.
Jerry: Yeah, yeah you make good comments....well you know, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are...you know, in broadcasting.
George: Well that's really not fair.
Jerry: I know, I know.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 3:29 pm

I'm having Seinfeld flashbacks! ;)

George: I like sports, I could do something in sports.
Jerry: Uh huh....in what capacity?
George: You know, like the General Manager of a baseball team, something like that.
Jerry: Yeah well, that can be tough to get.
George: Well it doesnt' even have to be the General Manager. Maybe I could be an announcer, like a color guy. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.
Jerry: Yeah, yeah you make good comments....well you know, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are...you know, in broadcasting.
George: Well that's really not fair.
Jerry: I know, I know.

I'm not working for george steinbrenner ::)

Written By: Abix on 12/10/06 at 3:35 pm

oh come on, that would pay the bills and you could get that Robin chick somethin real pretty for Hannukah!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 4:24 pm

Hey, King George pays well. 

Written By: Marian on 12/10/06 at 4:53 pm

HE CAN BE A TELEMARKETER.IT MIGHT BE FUN FOR HIM TO HEAR SOME OF THE SMART ASS RESPONSES SOME PEOPLE GIVE!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 5:00 pm

HE CAN BE A TELEMARKETER.IT MIGHT BE FUN FOR HIM TO HEAR SOME OF THE SMART ASS RESPONSES SOME PEOPLE GIVE!

Now there's a job for Howard.

Written By: deadrockstar on 12/10/06 at 5:38 pm

So how is this all going? ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 5:41 pm

So how is this all going? ???

It's not going. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 12/10/06 at 5:42 pm

It's not going. 

Whats the matter?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 5:43 pm

Whats the matter?

He's decided he doesn't want our help/can't be bothered doing anything about it now.

Written By: deadrockstar on 12/10/06 at 5:46 pm

He's decided he doesn't want our help/can't be bothered doing anything about it now.

Oh, that sucks. Finding a job can be a headache. Luckily I'm able to work for my dad. Awhile back I looked for one on my own but was unsuccesful.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:06 pm

oh come on, that would pay the bills and you could get that Robin chick somethin real pretty for Hannukah!!

Would that get us our own apartment? Don't give that girl any ideas now. ::)

Could I work Full or Part Time?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 10:07 pm

Howard...have you ever checked in on assisted living? That way, you could get a little place of your own, and wouldn't have to rely on your parents all the time.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:07 pm

Hey, King George pays well. 

How much an hour?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 10:09 pm

She was talking about working for George Steinbrenner, and you said you didn't want to do that.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:09 pm

Howard...have you ever checked in on assisted living? That way, you could get a little place of your own, and wouldn't have to rely on your parents all the time.

I would like to try to get my own apartment Erin or live with Her maybe even if it takes a few years and a good job.

I'm not going into Supportive Housing to live with a bunch of retarded people,I'm far from that. ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 10:10 pm

How much an hour?

Howard......George Steinbrenner is the owner of the New York Yankees.  He doesn't pay people hourly wages.....he's not responsible for that.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:10 pm

She was talking about working for George Steinbrenner, and you said you didn't want to do that.

I was asking,How much he pays? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:10 pm

Howard......George Steinbrenner is the owner of the New York Yankees.  He doesn't pay people hourly wages.....he's not responsible for that.

Then Who Is?

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:11 pm

No telemarketer.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 10:11 pm

I would like to try to get my own apartment Erin or live with Her maybe even if it takes a few years and a good job.

I'm not going into Supportive Housing to live with a bunch of retarded people,I'm far from that. ::)

there are lots of people who take advantage of assisted living who are NOT retarded. I was just saying...that would be a way that you could have your own place..and not have to worry about your parents being home, etc. I'm not talking about group homes....I'm talking about apartments that are for individuals with lower income,etc.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 10:12 pm

I was asking,How much he pays? ???

I just answered you.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 10:13 pm

Then Who Is?

How in the heck am I supposed to know that?

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:13 pm

I didn't say I didn't want to be bothered maybe I was just anxious at the moment.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:13 pm

How in the heck am I supposed to know that?

Well,you like Baseball.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/06 at 10:15 pm

there are lots of people who take advantage of assisted living who are NOT retarded. I was just saying...that would be a way that you could have your own place..and not have to worry about your parents being home, etc. I'm not talking about group homes....I'm talking about apartments that are for individuals with lower income,etc.

I was thinking about that.let me get the job first and then I'll look into it after.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/10/06 at 10:15 pm

Well,you like Baseball.

That doesn't mean anything, Howard. 

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 6:27 am

Right Now,I need a miracle to save myself. :(

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/11/06 at 9:53 am

Excellent idea!!

They can find him a room-mate if living alone is not possible. 

Moving out might be exatcly what you need.  It will show people that you can be a responsible adult.

Written By: karen on 12/11/06 at 11:04 am

Foudn two jobs similar to what you were doing at ABP

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=15&jid=699785&job_code=%2D1&job_type_id=3&category_id=1442&keywords=&city_id=15520&domain_id=%2D1&kt=Storage+Custodian&kc=U%2DHaul+International&kl=Flushing%2C+NY

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=15&jid=683104&job_code=%2D1&job_type_id=3&category_id=1442&keywords=&city_id=15520&domain_id=%2D1&kt=Storage+Custodian&kc=U%2DHaul+International&kl=Brooklyn%2C+NY

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 4:21 pm

Excellent idea!!

They can find him a room-mate if living alone is not possible. 

Moving out might be exatcly what you need.  It will show people that you can be a responsible adult.

Yeah,I think that's what I need now.I want to first get the job and I'll worry about an apartment later.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 4:22 pm

^ Jobs, Howard!  :)

Wow Cool Thanks. :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 4:59 pm

Let us know how things go, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/06 at 5:00 pm

Let us know how things go, Howard.

I sure will Jamie. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/17/07 at 6:25 am

I'm still not saved yet especially the relationship.My job coach told me about a possible interview at The Children's Place but nothing's for sure yet.This guy has to give his 2 weeks notice then transfer to another job then I can come on board.Hopefully,today when I see my job coach,I'm praying the guy gave his 2 weeks notice so we'll see what happens,I'll let you know.  :)

Written By: karen on 01/17/07 at 6:39 am

Howard

Did your job coach ever chase up that Babies R Us job? 

What other applications has he got lined up for you?  I don't want to put a downer on this but the current Children's Place thing seems to be relying on someone else quitting.  What if he decides to stay put?

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/17/07 at 11:01 am

What would you be doing at The Children's Place?

Written By: Howard on 01/17/07 at 5:39 pm

Howard

Did your job coach ever chase up that Babies R Us job? 

What other applications has he got lined up for you?  I don't want to put a downer on this but the current Children's Place thing seems to be relying on someone else quitting.  What if he decides to stay put?

No Babies R Us didn't work out.

He thinks The Children's Place is a possibility.I wonder if the guy wants to stay,maybe he doesn't want the other job.You have a point there Karen. ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/17/07 at 5:40 pm

What would you be doing at The Children's Place?

My job coach isn't sure yet but he thinks Shipping/Receiving and possible porter maintainence.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/17/07 at 5:47 pm

Where did you work before Au Bon whatever?  Or was that the only job you had?

You don't seem like the type to want to work at The Children's Place...a bunch of mommies and screaming kids.  LOL!!  I see you more of a Circuit City kind of guy.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/07 at 5:59 pm

Howard, are your parents busy at night?  Ask them if they'll help you with some outside job applications while you're waiting for your job coach to do his thang.

Ok,I'll do that,Thanks.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/07 at 6:00 pm

Where did you work before Au Bon whatever?  Or was that the only job you had?

You don't seem like the type to want to work at The Children's Place...a bunch of mommies and screaming kids.  LOL!!  I see you more of a Circuit City kind of guy.

During The 90's,I've volunteered,attended programs to help me better myself and had only 1 paying job in 1993 working at Genovese.

I can handle screaming kids and mommies,I hope I can.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/17/07 at 6:13 pm

During The 90's,I've volunteered,attended programs to help me better myself and had only 1 paying job in 1993 working at Genovese.

I can handle screaming kids and mommies,I hope I can.

I know you hate for us to keep talking about you finding a job, but let me give you one more suggestion.  Are there any openings at a local hospital?  You should try to find a long-term job.  Most people I know who work at the hospital here, have worked there for years.  My sister-in-law has been there almost 20 years, she started out in food service and has worked her way up to a better position. 

I just think these little retail stores aren't going to provide a long-time job, they usually have high turn-over rates.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/17/07 at 8:14 pm

I hope things go ok for you, Howard.

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/17/07 at 8:20 pm

I know you hate for us to keep talking about you finding a job, but let me give you one more suggestion.  Are there any openings at a local hospital?  You should try to find a long-term job.  Most people I know who work at the hospital here, have worked there for years.  My sister-in-law has been there almost 20 years, she started out in food service and has worked her way up to a better position. 

I just think these little retail stores aren't going to provide a long-time job, they usually have high turn-over rates.

Wonderful idea...Howard, tell your job coach this is the type of work he ought to be focusing on finding for you.....most retail positions are going to be high turnover.....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/17/07 at 10:42 pm

Wonderful idea...Howard, tell your job coach this is the type of work he ought to be focusing on finding for you.....most retail positions are going to be high turnover.....

I agree. And...you've had plenty of volunteer experience in a hospital, right? So....that would look great on your resume! ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 6:23 am

So what happens with high turnovers? ???  :o  :(

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 6:25 am

I agree. And...you've had plenty of volunteer experience in a hospital, right? So....that would look great on your resume! ;)

Yes I have and It's hospital(s).

Written By: La Roche on 01/18/07 at 6:25 am

So what happens with high turnovers? ???  :o  :(

High turnover means High staff turnover. This essentially means that employees are constantly being hired and leaving. Training somebody for a retail job isn't hard and the stores will often lay off employees when business is slow.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 6:28 am

My Mother said that maybe working in The Children's Place might be very rewarding.It's always good to try something new and something great to put on your resume.My Mother's a teacher's aide for children with severe disabilities so she's been working with children for 12-13 years in different schools and I might be surrounded by children but I don't know what I'll be doing yet.It's to be found out after the interview.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 6:31 am

High turnover means High staff turnover. This essentially means that employees are constantly being hired and leaving. Training somebody for a retail job isn't hard and the stores will often lay off employees when business is slow.

I hope I won't be laid off again,I don't want to tell my sweetie if it happens. :-\\

Let's not jump the gun,I'm too wound up. :(

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/18/07 at 6:41 am

I hope I won't be laid off again,I don't want to tell my sweetie if it happens. :-\\

Let's not jump the gun,I'm too wound up. :(

Howard, thats the point of telling your job coach of wanting a job in a hospital instead of a retail setting.  There is LESS chance for you being laid off in slow times, etc, because a place like a hospital is always busy and always needs people like yourself.

Besides, your job coach shouldn't be coming up with just one possible lead every couple months, he ought to have you in his office nearly every day filling out applications for a different place.  God..I live up here in the boonies in upstate NY and if I were in your position, I could find at least 6 places daily where I could fill out an application for employment.  Down there this joker should be finding you at least 12 applications a day, especially if all he's focusing on is retail .....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/07 at 10:31 am

Yes I have and It's hospital(s).

Have you ever inquired about regular employment in the hospital that you volunteer at?

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 2:51 pm

Howard, thats the point of telling your job coach of wanting a job in a hospital instead of a retail setting.  There is LESS chance for you being laid off in slow times, etc, because a place like a hospital is always busy and always needs people like yourself.

Besides, your job coach shouldn't be coming up with just one possible lead every couple months, he ought to have you in his office nearly every day filling out applications for a different place.  God..I live up here in the boonies in upstate NY and if I were in your position, I could find at least 6 places daily where I could fill out an application for employment.  Down there this joker should be finding you at least 12 applications a day, especially if all he's focusing on is retail .....

That's what happens when you're paid by VESID. ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 2:51 pm

Have you ever inquired about regular employment in the hospital that you volunteer at?

I tried but no luck. :(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/18/07 at 2:52 pm

That's what happens when you're paid by VESID. ::)

Well, you should take this to him anyway.  Start looking for jobs ON YOUR OWN.  How difficult is it to go to local business around where you live and ask if they're hiring?

Written By: La Roche on 01/18/07 at 2:53 pm

I tried but no luck. :(

Dude. There are quite literally several thousand hospitals and medical facilitys in New York. Hell, in Queens alone there are loads. Ask around, go to the front reception desk and ask. Say that you've been volunteering at a hospital for a long time and you think maybe you'd like to do it as a job.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 3:13 pm

Dude. There are quite literally several thousand hospitals and medical facilitys in New York. Hell, in Queens alone there are loads. Ask around, go to the front reception desk and ask. Say that you've been volunteering at a hospital for a long time and you think maybe you'd like to do it as a job.

Alright,I'll take it into consideration.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/07 at 3:13 pm

Well, you should take this to him anyway.  Start looking for jobs ON YOUR OWN.   How difficult is it to go to local business around where you live and ask if they're hiring?

It's not difficult.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/07 at 4:36 pm

To summarize for our friend Howard:

1.  Your job coach sucks.  Ditch him.

2.  You need to get a friend or a family member or even your parents to be more proactive in helping you get a job if you are unsure of how to do job applications and job searches yourself.

3.  You cannot wait for rabbits to crash into trees.

Let's see if we can get this month started on the right foot eh...

Written By: Howard on 02/05/07 at 4:49 pm

To summarize for our friend Howard:

1.  Your job coach sucks.  Ditch him.

2.  You need to get a friend or a family member or even your parents to be more proactive in helping you get a job if you are unsure of how to do job applications and job searches yourself.

3.  You cannot wait for rabbits to crash into trees.

Let's see if we can get this month started on the right foot eh...

I'm praying for a good month Rice.Thanks for all the help. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 6:56 pm

I'm praying for a good month Rice.Thanks for all the help. :)

but Howard, you MUST do more than just say, "thanks for your help guys", "I'm hoping for something better"etc.....in order to get ANYTHING in life...you have to take action and DO IT.  When I heard there was a job opening at my current place of employment....I didn't just sit there on the couch and say, "oh, hmmm....I guess someone will come and knock at my door, and hold my hand....and direct me to the job"....no...I got up off of my butt, went to the place, put an application in....and showed some initiative that I was actually interested in working there....and guess what? They interviewed me and hired me on the spot. What I am saying is that if you show some gumption and show these people at these places that you are actually interested in working there...chances are, you will get a job...whereas, if you sit on your butt and wait around until something happens....this time next year, you will still be sitting there collecting dust.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/07 at 7:44 pm

Good luck, Howard.

We're with you all the way.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/07 at 10:09 pm

Good luck, Howard.

We're with you all the way.

Thanks Jamie. ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/05/07 at 10:12 pm

but Howard, you MUST do more than just say, "thanks for your help guys", "I'm hoping for something better"etc.....in order to get ANYTHING in life...you have to take action and DO IT.  When I heard there was a job opening at my current place of employment....I didn't just sit there on the couch and say, "oh, hmmm....I guess someone will come and knock at my door, and hold my hand....and direct me to the job"....no...I got up off of my butt, went to the place, put an application in....and showed some initiative that I was actually interested in working there....and guess what? They interviewed me and hired me on the spot. What I am saying is that if you show some gumption and show these people at these places that you are actually interested in working there...chances are, you will get a job...whereas, if you sit on your butt and wait around until something happens....this time next year, you will still be sitting there collecting dust.
Gee, this sounds vaguely familiar.....although it wasn't Howard and I believe it was a girlfriend (f-buddy) we were talking about ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/07 at 10:13 pm

Gee, this sounds vaguely familiar.....although it wasn't Howard and I believe it was a girlfriend (f-buddy) we were talking about ;)

Dude, you serious?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/05/07 at 10:14 pm

Did somebody say D00d?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/07 at 10:15 pm

Dude, where's my car?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/05/07 at 10:20 pm

.....forgot to add that Quirk's current advice will probably be taken with a grain of salt just like the previous advice ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/07 at 10:23 pm

Methinks Howard would benefit from a more "proximal" relationship with someone who actually has a vested interest in his success, and who is not his job coach.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/05/07 at 10:24 pm

Methinks Howard would benefit from a more "proximal" relationship with someone who actually has a vested interest in his success, and who is not his job coach.
I think job coaches are a good idea, but you need one who's not full of crap and actually WANTS you to get a job.....but, then again, once he gets him a job, I'm sure the state stops paying him as much ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/07 at 10:27 pm

I bet if we had the necessary info we could set up a Monster.com account or even put him into a temp agency like Accountemps and get him employed within two weeks.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/05/07 at 10:32 pm

I bet if we had the necessary info we could set up a Monster.com account or even put him into a temp agency like Accountemps and get him employed within two weeks.
Wonder if the State of NY would pay US to be his job coach? ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/07 at 10:33 pm

I'm just doing it out of the goodness of my heart so he'll STFU and enjoy his new job ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/05/07 at 10:42 pm

Maybe his parents need to give a damn.  Just a thought.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 10:45 pm

seriously! I mean, he lives in NY...for the love of God....he could go tomorrow and put in applications...and probably get a job tomorrow. This joker that he is relying on has been stringing him along this whole time. I mean, how long does it take to get one a minimum wage, entry level job. ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/05/07 at 10:51 pm

seriously! I mean, he lives in NY...for the love of God....he could go tomorrow and put in applications...and probably get a job tomorrow. This joker that he is relying on has been stringing him along this whole time. I mean, how long does it take to get one a minimum wage, entry level job. ::)

Howard. Ditch this guy. Just go around and get applications. Seriously, man. Don't be afraid!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 10:53 pm

Yes, I've been wondering this lately too. I mean, what are they thinking?  If I was in their shoes...I would be doing everything I could to help Howard with finding a job....and my eyes would be open to see that this job coach..is nothing but a joke.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/05/07 at 10:56 pm

Yes, I've been wondering this lately too. I mean, what are they thinking?  If I was in their shoes...I would be doing everything I could to help Howard with finding a job....and my eyes would be open to see that this job coach..is nothing but a joke.

If I was 33 and still living at home, no matter what the reasoning for it was, you bet your sweet bippy that my parents would be busting their ass to help me find work so that I could be more independent and living on my own.  Now, my parents would never throw me out....they know I'm having a hard time finding work right and they've both been there and they are very sympathetic.  But they're still helping me.  I want to move the hell out of here, they want me to leave and they are helping me achieve that goal.

Where are his parents?  Do they want to help him?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 10:58 pm

If I was 33 and still living at home, no matter what the reasoning for it was, you bet your sweet bippy that my parents would be busting their ass to help me find work so that I could be more independent and living on my own.  Now, my parents would never throw me out....they know I'm having a hard time finding work right and they've both been there and they are very sympathetic.  But they're still helping me.  I want to move the hell out of here, they want me to leave and they are helping me achieve that goal.

Where are his parents?  Do they want to help him?

I hear ya. My parents were the same way. Infact, when I was going through my divorce with my first relationship...they even let me move back in temporarily, until I got back on my feet again. But jeez...it's like Howard's parents aren't even involved in the process in trying to make his life more independent. I wonder if he has ever asked them for their assistance regarding the matter. ???

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 7:01 am

I think job coaches are a good idea, but you need one who's not full of crap and actually WANTS you to get a job.....but, then again, once he gets him a job, I'm sure the state stops paying him as much ::)

But Mama what about the job coaches' "connections"? ???

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 7:03 am

Is it someone I know?

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 7:04 am

How much?

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 7:05 am

Maybe they think I don't need their help as much since I'm an older man.

Written By: karen on 02/06/07 at 7:08 am

What about them?  He doesn't seem to have used them to good effect yet.  So he got that Au Bon Pain job using them but that is it.  It hasn't got the interview at Babies R Us or Children's Place both of which he made seem a sure thing to you (from what you've said anyway)

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 7:11 am

What about them?  He doesn't seem to have used them to good effect yet.  So he got that Au Bon Pain job using them but that is it.  It hasn't got the interview at Babies R Us or Children's Place both of which he made seem a sure thing to you (from what you've said anyway)

And Karen,he sure is taking such a long time.

In December 2005,I told him my relationship was failing and she was giving me a deadline so he told me that he had connections with Au Bon Pain to get me a job fast to save my relationship so it worked for 9 months and now back to sqaure one again but without the deadline.

Written By: karen on 02/06/07 at 7:14 am

And Karen,he sure is taking such a long time.

Exactly!

So find another job coach if you don't feel confident about doing it yourself.

Maybe they think I don't need their help as much since I'm an older man.

Perhaps your parents would help you if they knew how useless the job coach is.  Be honest with them and tell them you are unhappy and would appreciate some help with application forms or whatever.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 7:16 am

Exactly!

So find another job coach if you don't feel confident about doing it yourself.

Perhaps your parents would help you if they knew how useless the job coach is.  Be honest with them and tell them you are unhappy and would appreciate some help with application forms or whatever.

I thought at first I would have confidence in him when I met him but right now I'm ambivilent.

Written By: karen on 02/06/07 at 7:25 am

Using this link looks like U Haul are recruiting building services people

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=11&cid=CMUKHQPVB8859PR54NBGG48V3W0CCVGC

Maintenance?

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=10&category_id=1304,1510&k=Maintenance+Queens+New+York

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/06/07 at 9:25 am

Using this link looks like U Haul are recruiting building services people

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=11&cid=CMUKHQPVB8859PR54NBGG48V3W0CCVGC

Maintenance?

http://www.jobsinqueens.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=10&category_id=1304,1510&k=Maintenance+Queens+New+York

Come on Howard, Karen is in the UK and even she can find a job for you...surely you can do more?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/06/07 at 9:43 am

What "connections"?  IMO, "connections" are people you can call and *whammo* you have a job (or at the very least, an interview).  I could probably walk into any one of these places where he supposedly has connections, talk to the manager, tell him your situation and get you an interview.

Face it, Howard, the longer he keeps you on his calendar as a client, the longer HE is making $$ off of YOU.  He's feeding you a dump truck full of BS and you're buying it.....

Written By: Gis on 02/06/07 at 10:45 am

Howard *PLEASE* for all our sanity DUMP THIS USELESS, NO GOOD, SO CALLED JOB COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Find a new one. Please believe me a REAL job coach will have you in work by the end of the month.

Written By: karen on 02/06/07 at 10:55 am

which of these guys is it?

http://www.vesid.nysed.gov/queens/employer.htm

edited to add:

try here Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/06/07 at 12:05 pm

Thanks Jamie. ;)

You're welcome!  Keep us posted!

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 12:15 pm

which of these guys is it?

http://www.vesid.nysed.gov/queens/employer.htm

edited to add:

try here Howard

It's none of these guys,His name is Ron Randolph.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 12:17 pm

What "connections"?  IMO, "connections" are people you can call and *whammo* you have a job (or at the very least, an interview).  I could probably walk into any one of these places where he supposedly has connections, talk to the manager, tell him your situation and get you an interview.

Face it, Howard, the longer he keeps you on his calendar as a client, the longer HE is making $$ off of YOU.  He's feeding you a dump truck full of BS and you're buying it.....

Even my therapist is saying to exaust all possibilities and try other places to look for employment.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/06/07 at 12:42 pm

Even my therapist is saying to exaust all possibilities and try other places to look for employment.
Your therapist is right.

Here's an idea.....everywhere you go, ask for an application.  If you go to buy coffee or lunch or clothes or whatever, get an application, take it home and fill it out.  If you need help, ask one of your parents to help you or ask one of us.  The next time you go to get coffee, lunch or whatever at the same place, take it with you and turn it in.  Most places, even if they're not hiring right now will give you an application and keep it on file for when they are.  It can't hurt and who knows, you might even get hired on the spot like Erin did :)

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 1:17 pm

Your therapist is right.

Here's an idea.....everywhere you go, ask for an application.  If you go to buy coffee or lunch or clothes or whatever, get an application, take it home and fill it out.  If you need help, ask one of your parents to help you or ask one of us.  The next time you go to get coffee, lunch or whatever at the same place, take it with you and turn it in.  Most places, even if they're not hiring right now will give you an application and keep it on file for when they are.  It can't hurt and who knows, you might even get hired on the spot like Erin did :)

I think I'll try that.Maybe those Mom and Pop stores might be hiring.I've always relied on people sometimes but I don't how good relying on people are.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/07 at 3:35 pm

It's none of these guys,His name is Ron Randolph.

Does this guy work for an agency or he on his own?

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/06/07 at 3:59 pm

You all need to remember his job coach has to get him a job with a company that is associated VESID.  While there may be lots of job openings in and around NYC these companies may not be affiliated with VESID. 

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 10:15 pm

Does this guy work for an agency or he on his own?

Cat

VESID pays for him,It stands for Vocational Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/07 at 10:16 pm

You all need to remember his job coach has to get him a job with a company that is associated VESID.  While there may be lots of job openings in and around NYC these companies may not be affiliated with VESID. 

Wow,Lorac,How do you know much about VESID? ???

Written By: KKay on 02/06/07 at 11:43 pm

I am looking for a new job. I used to send out 7 resumes a week.  Now I'm sending ten a day!  I know with all this support you'll find something. when one thing does not work, go next door. keep trying.
i'm rooting for you!

Written By: Gis on 02/07/07 at 2:42 am

Your therapist is right.

This is a really good idea Howard, because even if it doesn't lead to a job it is great practice. The more application forms you fill out the easier it becomes and the better you get at doing it.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/07 at 6:22 am

I am looking for a new job. I used to send out 7 resumes a week.  Now I'm sending ten a day!  I know with all this support you'll find something. when one thing does not work, go next door. keep trying.
i'm rooting for you!

Thanks Belle,I pray every evening for good news,For Robin,My Job Coach and Myself.Something will happen,I can feel it. :)

Written By: karen on 02/07/07 at 6:26 am

Thanks Belle,I pray every evening for good news,For Robin,My Job Coach and Myself.Something will happen,I can feel it. :)

Howard.

Praying alone will not help (some might argue it won't help anyway).  You have to get out there and do something.  Mama K's advice is good, go out and pick up as many application forms as you can and fill them in.  Most of them will be straightforward to fill in and you can ask your dad or here for help with anything you think is tricky.

Don't talk about doing it.    DO IT and then hand the forms back.  Next week you can chase them up.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 8:48 am

Howard.

Praying alone will not help (some might argue it won't help anyway).  You have to get out there and do something.  Mama K's advice is good, go out and pick up as many application forms as you can and fill them in.  Most of them will be straightforward to fill in and you can ask your dad or here for help with anything you think is tricky.

Don't talk about doing it.     DO IT and then hand the forms back.  Next week you can chase them up.

I agree with Karen, Howard. Yes, it's nice and good to pray for things that you want...HOWEVER, you can't just sit there and expect everything to be handed to you....you have to be willing to do the footwork in order to get things you want in life. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/07 at 12:24 pm

VESID pays for him,It stands for Vocational Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities.

Are there other job coaches there that you can talk to?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/07/07 at 3:02 pm

Are there other job coaches there that you can talk to?

Cat

I could try Cat.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/07/07 at 3:03 pm

I could try Cat.

There is no try.  Only do.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/07 at 3:04 pm

There is no try.  Only do.

I know I have the VESID number somewhere.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/07/07 at 3:04 pm

Well,you're a mother so you'd know about things not being handed to you on a silver platter.

Erin's status as a mother doesn't have anything to do with this.  Howard, you have to get off your butt and work if you want a job.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/07 at 3:42 pm

Erin's status as a mother doesn't have anything to do with this.  Howard, you have to get off your butt and work if you want a job.

Yes,If I want something bad,I have to go do it.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/07/07 at 6:16 pm

Wow,Lorac,How do you know much about VESID? ???

My mother-in-law works for a similar program in Virginia.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/07 at 3:00 pm

My mother-in-law works for a similar program in Virginia.

What's It called?

Written By: karen on 02/09/07 at 5:14 am

How are the application forms coming along Howard?  Any parts we can help you with?

Written By: Howard on 02/09/07 at 6:21 am

How are the application forms coming along Howard?  Any parts we can help you with?

No Thanks,I'll do this by myself or my family. :)

Written By: karen on 02/09/07 at 6:24 am

No Thanks,I'll do this by myserlf or my family. :)

Yes,great.  But did you actually pick up some application forms?

Written By: Howard on 02/09/07 at 6:27 am

Yes,great.  But did you actually pick up some application forms?

Yes I did.

Written By: karen on 02/09/07 at 6:29 am

Yes I did.

yay

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif

Written By: Howard on 02/09/07 at 4:03 pm

yay

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif

I have a C-Town application which is a Supermarket but my therapist said I shouldn't apply there cause they hire their own kind(hispanics).

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/07 at 6:41 pm

I have a C-Town application which is a Supermarket but my therapist said I shouldn't apply there cause they hire their own kind(hispanics).

It can't hurt.  Maybe the Hispanics will like you.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/07 at 7:45 am

It can't hurt.  Maybe the Hispanics will like you.

How do you know they won't discriminate? ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/07 at 10:04 am

How do you know they won't discriminate? ::)

I don't.  Are you going to die if you try?  If not, worth a shot.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/07 at 12:48 pm

I don't.  Are you going to die if you try?  If not, worth a shot.

You're right.You never know.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/07 at 8:54 am

Howard...I was just reading what you wrote in Spaceace's ask me thread...about Robin posting her profile on that Jmatch website.....I looked her up and found her....I don't mean to sound rude or make you feel bad...but this doesn't seem like someone who is in favor of a TEMPORARY breakup....she is already out looking for a new guy....you really need to move on Howard.  :-\\

http://www.jmatch.com/cgi-bin/showprofile2.cgi//6714?memberid=811615

Written By: Howard on 02/12/07 at 4:31 pm

Howard...I was just reading what you wrote in Spaceace's ask me thread...about Robin posting her profile on that Jmatch website.....I looked her up and found her....I don't mean to sound rude or make you feel bad...but this doesn't seem like someone who is in favor of a TEMPORARY breakup....she is already out looking for a new guy....you really need to move on Howard.  :-\\

http://www.jmatch.com/cgi-bin/showprofile2.cgi//6714?memberid=811615

How'd you find her on there? :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/07 at 4:42 pm

How'd you find her on there? :o

I just did a search of girls around her age...and I looked for girls from NY...and all of a sudden...there she was.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/07 at 4:49 pm

I just did a search of girls around her age...and I looked for girls from NY...and all of a sudden...there she was.

I know,I was shocked she did it. :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/07 at 4:51 pm

I know,I was shocked she did it. :o

ya, that's really not cool at all Howard.  People who tell others that they are doing a "temporary breakup"...do not usually put themselves out there and advertise themselves like that. That just shows that this girl has no heart...and doesn't care about you or your feelings. Hmmm...maybe you should put up an ad....see if someone nice responds....it doesn't hurt to try. ;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/12/07 at 4:51 pm

So Howard, I think it's pretty obvious that she's looking for another guy.  This "temporary breakup" was just B.S. she was feeding you.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/07 at 5:02 pm

ya, that's really not cool at all Howard.  People who tell others that they are doing a "temporary breakup"...do not usually put themselves out there and advertise themselves like that. That just shows that this girl has no heart...and doesn't care about you or your feelings. Hmmm...maybe you should put up an ad....see if someone nice responds....it doesn't hurt to try. ;)

No,Don't want to.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/07 at 5:05 pm

No,Don't want to.

why not? Howard, Robin is NOT coming back to you. She is currently, as we speak, advertising herself on Jmatch website....looking for another man to involve herself with. She is making it VERY clear that she has moved on....and it would be very healthy for you to do the same. I know you have feelings for her...but it's over.  You cannot MAKE someone love you or have feelings for you. It's time to find someone new.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/07 at 5:06 pm

why not? Howard, Robin is NOT coming back to you. She is currently, as we speak, advertising herself on Jmatch website....looking for another man to involve herself with. She is making it VERY clear that she has moved on....and it would be very healthy for you to do the same. I know you have feelings for her...but it's over.  You cannot MAKE someone love you or have feelings for you. It's time to find someone new.

It's hard right now. :( :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/12/07 at 5:10 pm

I'm sure it is.  However she is looking for another man.  You saw it with your own two eyes.  She is not acting like a woman who plans on getting back with you anytime soon.  You do not deserve this shrew, dump her ass.  Let her go find someone else if that's what she wants.  The last thing you need is to sit at home, pining away for a woman who wants nothing to do with you anymore.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/07 at 5:11 pm

I'm sure it is.  However she is looking for another man.  You saw it with your own two eyes.  She is not acting like a woman who plans on getting back with you anytime soon.  You do not deserve this shrew, dump her ass.  Let her go find someone else if that's what she wants.  The last thing you need is to sit at home, pining away for a woman who wants nothing to do with you anymore.

I don't what I want to do right now. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/07 at 5:12 pm

I know it is hard...but, if you get out there and meet other people...you will soon forget Robin, and maybe find someone that is a whole lot better than her.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 6:44 am

I know it is hard...but, if you get out there and meet other people...you will soon forget Robin, and maybe find someone that is a whole lot better than her.

I have to take some initiative myself.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/13/07 at 9:21 am

No one is saying it's going to be easy.  Look at the last time you broke up with someone (the ex-girlfriend a few years ago).  It wasn't easy to move on, but you did.  Sitting around moping and thinking of "what could have been" is only going to make it harder.  You never know, you might just find "the one".....let me tell you, if Robin's putting her profile on dating websites, she ain't "the one".....at least not for you.  You can do better than Robin

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 12:57 pm

No one is saying it's going to be easy.  Look at the last time you broke up with someone (the ex-girlfriend a few years ago).  It wasn't easy to move on, but you did.  Sitting around moping and thinking of "what could have been" is only going to make it harder.  You never know, you might just find "the one".....let me tell you, if Robin's putting her profile on dating websites, she ain't "the one".....at least not for you.  You can do better than Robin

No actually Annalee broke up with me on October 19th 2001.She was the girl with Down's Syndrome that I was dating for almost 5 years.She was fun but a little bit too fast for me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/07 at 1:05 pm

No actually Annalee broke up with me on October 19th 2001.She was the girl with Down's Syndrome that I was dating for almost 5 years.She was fun but a little bit too fast for me.

too fast for you? WTF Howard? Do you mean, sexually?  I thought you were the one that wanted to have sex like crazy? How can someone be too fast for you?

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 1:14 pm

too fast for you? WTF Howard? Do you mean, sexually?  I thought you were the one that wanted to have sex like crazy? How can someone be too fast for you?

yes but Annalee and I never came close to having sex,only dry humping.With clothes on.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/13/07 at 1:16 pm

^ This is Quirk's fault.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 1:20 pm

^ This is Quirk's fault.

I've never had sex with Erin so it couldn't be her. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/13/07 at 1:20 pm

^ Okay, that was my fault.

Written By: Apricot on 02/13/07 at 1:24 pm

^ Okay, that was my fault.

Blame Dominic, it's fun and easy.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 1:25 pm

Blame Dominic, it's fun and easy.

no blaming anybody! ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/07 at 1:35 pm

*runs and hides* :D

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 1:38 pm

*runs and hides* :D

You can't hide from me. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/07 at 9:14 pm

um...sure I can!

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/13/07 at 9:14 pm

That's really creepy!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/07 at 9:15 pm

That's really creepy!

yes.....yes it is.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/13/07 at 10:20 pm

So you're saying it was easy to move on from Annalee?  I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said ???

Written By: Howard on 02/13/07 at 10:31 pm

So you're saying it was easy to move on from Annalee?  I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said ???

On October 18th,It was on a Friday Evening,A Young Adult group Night Recreation for people with disabilities,She wanted to talk to me in private but she had said something to me I don't know what it was but it sounded sort of nasty.Before the talk,at home,I made a "Get Back Together" card hoping that Her And I would be a couple once again but after she wanted to be just friends I was so distraught and upset that I tore the card up and threw it in the garbage.She didn't know where the relationship was going after almost 5 years(would've been 5 in 2 months)so after that,I saw her on occassions as friends in my YAP but that was the end of Her.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/14/07 at 7:21 pm

On October 18th,It was on a Friday Evening,A Young Adult group Night Recreation for people with disabilities,She wanted to talk to me in private but she had said something to me I don't know what it was but it sounded sort of nasty.Before the talk,at home,I made a "Get Back Together" card hoping that Her And I would be a couple once again but after she wanted to be just friends I was so distraught and upset that I tore the card up and threw it in the garbage.She didn't know where the relationship was going after almost 5 years(would've been 5 in 2 months)so after that,I saw her on occassions as friends in my YAP but that was the end of Her.
See, you survived and moved on from her and you two were together A LOT longer than you & Robin. 

Written By: Howard on 02/15/07 at 3:25 pm

See, you survived and moved on from her and you two were together A LOT longer than you & Robin. 

I know.Annalee had Down's Syndrome and was a little older than me.It was kind of hard to be together with a girl who had Down's Syndrome.Her and I were both wrestling fans,She liked HHH and I liked Sable.We liked Bowling and doing good,I always was invited to Her Parents house for lunch or dinner and watching wrestling PPVs,BTW they were Italian.The only thing that was similar we were both in programs,She went to UCP and I went to CGS.Both of us were on SSI.After a while she wanted me to get her an engagement ring but how could we if we were on SSI and attended programs? That's ridiculous. ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/21/07 at 8:37 am

I guess I'm saved.I have a part time job making $7.75-8.00 an hour which is not bad at all and it's a start for me in 6 months.But the "significant other" part,Don't know about that.Robin and I had a good talk last night and right now at the moment she's confused.She had met someone from match.com but he doesn't want to see her anymore cause of what she had put on her profile that was confusing to him.I told her that I'm willing to help her out in any way shape or form and give her the confidence that she needs to live.Right Now,I can only help her with the emotional part but not much with the finanicial part cause she has money saved up herself.I don't want to see her depressed and neither do I so I'm seeing her tomorrow and I'll let you know how it went,Maybe we can patch things up and turn over a fresh new leaf. :)   

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/21/07 at 10:01 am

http://www.artnet.com/artwork_images/911/128248.jpg

Written By: Step-chan on 04/21/07 at 3:08 pm

It took me a second to figure out what you meant with that image.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/07 at 5:29 pm

I don't know what that means but I think the picture says that someone's headed for a crash!

Written By: Step-chan on 04/21/07 at 7:29 pm

I don't know what that means but I think the picture says that someone's headed for a crash!

Or a dead end, which is how I took it.

Written By: Howard on 04/22/07 at 7:21 am

Or a dead end, which is how I took it.

I guess that picture represents me being headed for a dead end. ???

Written By: Step-chan on 04/22/07 at 3:13 pm

I guess that picture represents me being headed for a dead end. ???

Ask Rice Cube.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/07 at 3:50 pm

Does anyone think that I'm saved now cause I have a part time job and my girlfriend is back into my life again? ???

Written By: Step-chan on 04/24/07 at 6:09 pm

Does anyone think that I'm saved now cause I have a part time job and my girlfriend is back into my life again? ???

I didn't think you were helpless and in need of rescue myself.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/07 at 10:08 pm

I didn't think you were helpless and in need of rescue myself.

I thought I was helpless.

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 8:45 am

I think you are halfway there anyway

Written By: Howard on 04/25/07 at 9:04 am

I think you are halfway there anyway

You Know Karen,I'm never going to please her financially but I want her to know that I WILL support her emotionally,physically,sexually and spiritually.I'm giving her a reason to not look anywhere else and to stay with me so her and I could be together for a longer period of time.We've been together for 2 1/2 years and so far it's been more of like a roller coaster relationship and that's what it has been.Getting a job but It's all about the full time and right now Pathmark only has part time.But you never know,Pathmark might consider me full time in 6 months to a year but we'll take it slow for now and see where this relationship goes in 2007.After what's she pulled with me over the past year and a half,It's kind of like I'm on the fence with this one.What will happen this year,God only knows.

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 9:27 am

You Know Karen,I'm never going to please her financially but I want her to know that I WILL support her emotionally,physically,sexually and spiritually.I'm giving her a reason to not look anywhere else and to stay with me so her and I could be together for a longer period of time.We've been together for 2 1/2 years and so far it's been more of like a roller coaster relationship and that's what it has been.Getting a job but It's all about the full time and right now Pathmark only has part time.But you never know,Pathmark might consider me full time in 6 months to a year but we'll take it slow for now and see where this relationship goes in 2007.After what's she pulled with me over the past year and a half,It's kind of like I'm on the fence with this one.What will happen this year,God only knows.

Why though?

Written By: La Roche on 04/25/07 at 9:34 am

Why though?

I guess some folks need a challenge.

Hawking has superstring - Howard has nailing Robin.

Written By: karen on 04/25/07 at 9:41 am

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Howard on 04/25/07 at 10:27 am

Why though?

Why what? Why do I plan on staying with her?  ???

Ok,Maybe I was angry at the time when I posted the message about Her And I breaking up but we saw each other last Sunday and everything seemed ok romantically and all.Depending on my days at Pathmark,I will see her whenever there's time.I will also have to discuss it with her further.But anyway,We're back together on the roller coaster ride.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/07 at 10:29 am

I'd love to nail her,God Would I? :( ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/25/07 at 6:09 pm

I thought I was helpless.

You're not. ;)

I think you displayed more confidence than I do.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/07 at 3:11 pm

Yeah,I did display a lot of confidence.It takes a lot of hard work to keep a girl into your life and to convince her not to break up with you because you want to show your support to the girl and that's me.She can tell me anything she wants and I will listen to her.And also I will be there for her with unconditional love.I know that deep down inside we still have feelings for each other despite her Parents but right now all I want is respect and in return they'll get it back,That's all I ask for.    ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/10/07 at 1:28 pm

I thought maybe you could help me.Now that I've been discharged from my program,I was telling my job coach that I'd like to work "full time".Now what jobs besides doing cart collecting could I work that's considered full time? Now,I would have to go somewhere esle besides a supermarket in order for me to work a 9-5 schedule.Maybe I could do it on my days off,Let's see what happens.

Written By: Marian on 08/10/07 at 1:50 pm

A little off the subject,but I appreciate when carts are picked up.lazy people use them to bring home groceries or for other purposes,but they can't be troubled to bring them back to the store they got them from!They just get another one and repeat the process.I hate when carts block the sidewalk.Some people even throw them into the river!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/10/07 at 1:56 pm

I thought maybe you could help me.Now that I've been discharged from my program,I was telling my job coach that I'd like to work "full time".Now what jobs besides doing cart collecting could I work that's considered full time? Now,I would have to go somewhere esle besides a supermarket in order for me to work a 9-5 schedule.Maybe I could do it on my days off,Let's see what happens.

If you're confident and comfortable with counting money or maybe operating a forklift you may be able to get a 40-hour schedule as a utility clerk or a cashier at the supermarket.  Just keep working hard and work your way up the ladder.

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/10/07 at 1:58 pm

What skills do you have?

9-5 jobs usually are found in offices and banks.  You can work a full time job, but your hours may be different than 9-5.  Any job that is around 40 hours a week is considered full time.

My husband employs many full time people, most of which work a few nights a week.
When I worked at a department store, I was full time.  I usually had to work 2-3 nights a week.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/07 at 1:59 pm

If you're confident and comfortable with counting money or maybe operating a forklift you may be able to get a 40-hour schedule as a utility clerk or a cashier at the supermarket.  Just keep working hard and work your way up the ladder.

At Au Bon Pain they needed someone to multi-task and I wasn't one of them plus they needed someone for cashier and I didn't know how to operate one but forklifting,I don't think so.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/10/07 at 2:02 pm

You may have to learn more skills before they make you full-time for anything.

If your supermarket has a night shift, those usually need people and usually give 40 hours, but you'd have to work at night...

Written By: Howard on 08/10/07 at 2:04 pm

What skills do you have?

9-5 jobs usually are found in offices and banks.  You can work a full time job, but your hours may be different than 9-5.  Any job that is around 40 hours a week is considered full time.

My husband employs many full time people, most of which work a few nights a week.
When I worked at a department store, I was full time.  I usually had to work 2-3 nights a week.

My job coach will help me.He just wants me to talk to him about what I know I want to do for full time.Because places like Target,Kohl's,McDonalds and Waldbaums are part-timers.But I'll keep looking.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/07 at 2:06 pm

You may have to learn more skills before they make you full-time for anything.

If your supermarket has a night shift, those usually need people and usually give 40 hours, but you'd have to work at night...

night shift seems ok but I'll give it some thought and think about it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/12/07 at 10:18 am

My job coach will help me.He just wants me to talk to him about what I know I want to do for full time.Because places like Target,Kohl's,McDonalds and Waldbaums are part-timers.But I'll keep looking.
Maybe it's different in New York, but here, all of those places have full-time positions for cashiers, stock people and customer service.....well, except Waldbaums because I don't think we have those here.....

Written By: Gis on 08/12/07 at 2:17 pm

Isn't there another job you could do where you already are? If they are happy with your work they may be prepared to help you train for another position there.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/07 at 6:25 am

Isn't there another job you could do where you already are? If they are happy with your work they may be prepared to help you train for another position there.

I could try for stock work or maybe maintainence.But shouldn't someone get fired or laid off in order for someone else to take that person's position? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/13/07 at 8:09 am

I could try for stock work or maybe maintainence.But shouldn't someone get fired or laid off in order for someone else to take that person's position? ???

no Howard...usually during store's busiest seasons, they tend to hire more people. If they are happy with your work...they may keep you on as that position. It wouldn't hurt to ask your manager if there are any other types of openings available.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/07 at 4:26 pm

no Howard...usually during store's busiest seasons, they tend to hire more people. If they are happy with your work...they may keep you on as that position. It wouldn't hurt to ask your manager if there are any other types of openings available.

Ok,I'll definitely talk to my supervisor.Since My job coach has a business relationship with her maybe they both can work things out for me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/07 at 4:39 am

Has Howard been saved yet?

Written By: Howard on 09/27/07 at 6:55 am

In what way? ???

Well,I've been at Pathmark almost 6 months(half a year),next month getting my benefits middle of October or towards the end of it.

Next Month Robin And I are celebrating 3 years with each other though it really hasn't been the most happiest IMO.

That's about it.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/08 at 10:31 pm

Anybody want to save me? :( :-\\

It's been 6 months when I wrote this and back then Robin And I were still together. :(

Written By: gibbo on 03/02/08 at 10:47 pm

Anybody want to save me? :( :-\\

It's been 6 months when I wrote this and back then Robin And I were still together. :(

You're certainly worth saving Howard. I hope someone comes along soon to do so.... ;D ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/03/08 at 7:04 am

You're certainly worth saving Howard. I hope someone comes along soon to do so.... ;D ;)

Maybe a nice girl at Pathmark will come and save me. ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/03/08 at 12:28 pm

so.... did Howard ever find a job??? the world may never know.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/08 at 10:41 pm

so.... did Howard ever find a job??? the world may never know.

I have Pathmark does that count?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 3:00 am

I have Pathmark does that count?
...and he gets paid to!

Written By: Howard on 03/04/08 at 6:23 am

...and he gets paid to!

and next month will be my first year. :)

Written By: gibbo on 03/04/08 at 6:29 am

and next month will be my first year. :)

1 year....is significant Howard. You must be pleased!  You know, I stayed only 1 year at each of my first jobs after leaving school and then the 5th job I had I stayed 20 years.....

Written By: Howard on 03/04/08 at 6:30 am

1 year....is significant Howard. You must be pleased!  You know, I stayed only 1 year at each of my first jobs after leaving school and then the 5th job I had I stayed 20 years.....

It's quite an achievement for me. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/08 at 4:18 pm

Does Howard still need saving?

Written By: Bobby on 04/03/08 at 6:34 pm

Technically . . . Erm . . . Yes.  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 04/03/08 at 6:41 pm

Yes...apparently from himslef...others ....and perhaps even aliens.......

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/08 at 2:25 am

That is good news.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/08 at 7:12 am

my relationship,I want to get back onto the dating scene again. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/08 at 7:39 am

my relationship,I want to get back onto the dating scene again. :(
Give it time, let nature take it's course.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/08 at 7:41 am

Give it time, let nature take it's course.

good thinking Phillip. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/08 at 6:28 am

good thinking Phillip. :)
In a way and not going into the main details, that is how I met my wife.

Written By: Howard on 04/05/08 at 7:04 am

In a way and not going into the main details, that is how I met my wife.

take it slow cause you don't want to go to fast. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/08 at 6:12 am

take it slow cause you don't want to go to fast. ;)
Take it easy, you're still young

Written By: Howard on 04/06/08 at 4:54 pm

Take it easy, you're still young

I'm only 34,I'm not getting any younger. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/08 at 7:35 am

I'm only 34,I'm not getting any younger. :(
Remember do not go looking, wait for someone to accidently cross your path.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/08 at 7:47 am

Remember do not go looking, wait for someone to accidently cross your path.

which might take a while.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 11:53 am

which might take a while.
God only knows hwo long it will take.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 3:52 pm

God only knows hwo long it will take.

Only thing I know is that I want to get back on the dating scene again,get a girlfriend be with her for a couple of years then maybe somewhere in the future if the money is right,get or plan for a marriage which is even more money,I eventually want to get the hell out of my house but I don't want to live in a group home when my parents eventually sell the 35 year old house we've been living in for quite some time,My Parents don't want to move to Florida but they want to stay in Queens and so do I.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 3:56 pm

Only thing I know is that I want to get back on the dating scene again,get a girlfriend be with her for a couple of years then maybe somewhere in the future if the money is right,get or plan for a marriage which is even more money,I eventually want to get the hell out of my house but I don't want to live in a group home when my parents eventually sell the 35 year old house we've been living in for quite some time,My Parents don't want to move to Florida but they want to stay in Queens and so do I.
Have you tried a dating agency?

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 4:39 pm

Have you tried a dating agency?

I don't know,I'd have to do this on my days off.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/14/08 at 4:43 pm

Weren't we in this very same predicament two years ago?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 4:44 pm

I don't know,I'd have to do this on my days off.
It can be done online.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 4:44 pm

Weren't we in this very same predicament two years ago?   ;D

Well yes and now Robin is gone for good and I want to get back on the dating scene again,I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/09 at 10:26 pm

I'm still not sure what I want to do after a year later. ???

Written By: Midas on 05/11/09 at 10:50 am

I'm still not sure what I want to do after a year later. ???

But you have a job so that's good.  The whole girl thing will come along when you least expect it.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/11/09 at 10:30 pm

But you have a job so that's good.  The whole girl thing will come along when you least expect it.  ;)

and I keep trying to persue one over there.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/12/09 at 6:46 pm

So how goes the job search, Howard?

Written By: Howard on 05/12/09 at 9:47 pm

So how goes the job search, Howard?

Job Search? I have a job,been working at Pathmark for 2 years now.

Written By: anabel on 05/13/09 at 9:26 pm

What's happening here?  What do you need to be saved from?  Yourself?  Just kidding!  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/13/09 at 10:10 pm

What's happening here?  What do you need to be saved from?  Yourself?  Just kidding!  :D

Save me from being alone,I need a woman.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/13/09 at 10:13 pm

You think only saving whales is a noble cause?  Howard is a rarity.  No matter what people think of him, he and his personality must be saved.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/09 at 10:15 pm

You think only saving whales is a noble cause?  Howard is a rarity.  No matter what people think of him, he and his personality must be saved.

and my lonliness. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/09 at 12:45 pm

and my loneliness. ;D

You're doing a pretty good job of saving your loneliness.  Hasn't anyone asked you out yet?  What are you doing wrong?

Written By: anabel on 05/14/09 at 6:07 pm

Wait, are we trying to save Howard from the whales?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/14/09 at 10:11 pm

You're doing a pretty good job of saving your loneliness.  Hasn't anyone asked you out yet?  What are you doing wrong?

No girl has asked me out but what do you think I'm doing wrong? ???

Written By: Howard on 05/14/09 at 10:11 pm

I'm not dating a whale. ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/14/09 at 10:12 pm

No girl has asked me out but what do you think I'm doing wrong? ???

Maybe you should ask THEM out.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/09 at 10:14 pm

Maybe you should ask THEM out.

I kinda find the women of Long Island stuck up.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/09 at 10:15 pm

no...from zombies! ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/14/09 at 10:16 pm

I kinda find the women of Long Island stuck up.

Go to the city then?

Written By: Howard on 05/14/09 at 10:17 pm

Go to the city then?

I don't know,maybe it's just me. ???

Written By: Howard on 05/14/09 at 10:18 pm

no...from zombies! ;D

I'm not dating zombies.  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/09 at 10:19 pm

that's because we are saving you from them! ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/15/09 at 3:05 am

you should at least try one before you judge them  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/15/09 at 6:28 am

you should at least try one before you judge them  ::)

http://www.guitar.com/uploaded/profile_images/forum_8154dfa4_zombie_girl.jpg

Like this girl? No thank you.  8-P^

Written By: Howard on 05/15/09 at 6:29 am

that's because we are saving you from them! ;)

Just save me,In general.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/09 at 1:34 pm

Howard use your own judgement.  If a girl catches your eye, then say hello.  Geez, sometimes it's that simple.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/09 at 6:38 pm

Howard use your own judgement.  If a girl catches your eye, then say hello.  Geez, sometimes it's that simple.

I don't know,I'm kind of shy.

Written By: anabel on 05/15/09 at 6:43 pm

http://www.guitar.com/uploaded/profile_images/forum_8154dfa4_zombie_girl.jpg

Like this girl? No thank you.  8-P^

So, this is what they look like in Long Island?  It could be worse.....This girl may have a GREAT personality!!!!  Give it a chance!!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/15/09 at 6:48 pm

So, this is what they look like in Long Island?  It could be worse.....This girl may have a GREAT personality!!!!  Give it a chance!!!  ;D

No,they were discussing zombies,I'm pretty sure they don't have zombie women on Long Island. ::)

;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/09 at 8:23 pm

I don't know,I'm kind of shy.

Shyness will get you nowhere except for lonely.

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/09 at 9:35 pm

No,they were discussing zombies,I'm pretty sure they don't have zombie women on Long Island. ::)

;D

But what about Bilzy?

Written By: anabel on 05/15/09 at 9:57 pm

;D

Do you think they have them somewhere else?  Nope, I distinctly remember seeing some Long Island Biker Chicks From Hell.

You guys might really have fun together.  Riding along, the wind blowing through your hair, the wind blowing her teeth out....you know, if you get too picky you'll never meet anyone.... ;D

All silliness aside, here's some actual, real advice if you don't mind....when you tend to look really hard for someone, it becomes impossible.  I find when I adopt the "I don't need a man" attitude, it suddenly rains men.  Maybe if you just figure you'll find someone when it's meant to happen, then it will.  I met my son's Dad when I was helping a friend move-I wasn't looking for anyone, and I certainly wasn't dressed up to meet anyone.  We hit it off, exchanged numbers, hung out a few times, then started dating. The fact that he turned out to be a complete idiot is beside the point, I'm just saying if you don't try so hard, it will happen when you least expect it.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/09 at 10:56 pm

But what about Bilzy?

He's from Philly.

Written By: karen on 05/15/09 at 11:31 pm

He's from Philly.

Well, we won't hold it against him

Written By: Howard on 05/16/09 at 7:29 am

But what about Bilzy?

What about him?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/16/09 at 7:30 am

Shyness will get you nowhere except for lonely.

I'm also lonely.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/09 at 10:29 am

I'm also lonely.

You're lonely because you're shy.  One of these days you're going to have to talk to a chick so you might has well realize it now.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/09 at 7:00 pm

You're lonely because you're shy.  One of these days you're going to have to talk to a chick so you might has well realize it now.

I've always stumbled with my words.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/09 at 8:52 pm

I've always stumbled with my words.

Some women would find that cute.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/09 at 6:51 am

Some women would find that cute.

I find that embarassing especially with a hot woman.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/17/09 at 11:29 am

I find that embarassing especially with a hot woman.

It shows you're human, even some hot girls would find that endearing.  Howard you stall worse than a 16 year old virgin at a high school dance. ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/17/09 at 9:15 pm

It shows you're human, even some hot girls would find that endearing.  Howard you stall worse than a 16 year old virgin at a high school dance. ::)

I don't stall,I procrastinate.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/18/09 at 8:49 am

Let me be blunt . . . procrastinating is not going to get you companionship!!!

Written By: Howard on 05/18/09 at 4:40 pm

I must take tips from my buddy Angulf who works inside as a maintainence guy and I see him talk to women but I just don't have the balls to talk to them,I just want to keep my mind focused on work and that's it.

Written By: anabel on 05/18/09 at 6:25 pm

Here's a trick;

If you see someone that you think is hot, but you're afraid to really talk to them, find something you can give them a compliment on.
Something like, "Nice sunglasses" or "Nice car".  NOT "nice boobs"...the kind of compliment that's not an obvious pickup line....then just walk away.  Yes, just walk away.  If she thinks you're hot and you just walk away after saying something nice, she'll come over to you and give you a compliment, or find some reason to get another compliment from you....  ;)    ( I know this works because it helped me when I was afraid to talk to guys!)

If she says thanks and keeps on going, or doesn't acknowledge the compliment, then you didn't really put your ego on the line, right? That way you know without a lot of work whether she would talk to you further or not.

I've noticed that guys seem much more confident if they act like they don't really care...just be happy go lucky-don't act like you're walking up to a lion to talk to her..women can smell the fear!!  ;D

P.S.  These tricks usually work better when you don't have a computer in your face.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/09 at 7:02 am

Here's a trick;

If you see someone that you think is hot, but you're afraid to really talk to them, find something you can give them a compliment on.
Something like, "Nice sunglasses" or "Nice car".  NOT "nice boobs"...the kind of compliment that's not an obvious pickup line....then just walk away.  Yes, just walk away.  If she thinks you're hot and you just walk away after saying something nice, she'll come over to you and give you a compliment, or find some reason to get another compliment from you....  ;)    ( I know this works because it helped me when I was afraid to talk to guys!)

If she says thanks and keeps on going, or doesn't acknowledge the compliment, then you didn't really put your ego on the line, right? That way you know without a lot of work whether she would talk to you further or not.

I've noticed that guys seem much more confident if they act like they don't really care...just be happy go lucky-don't act like you're walking up to a lion to talk to her..women can smell the fear!!  ;D

P.S.  These tricks usually work better when you don't have a computer in your face.  ;)

Thanks Anabel,I might try that.  :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/19/09 at 11:32 pm

Let me be blunt . . . procrastinating is not going to get you companionship!!!

In Howard's defense... so what?  It's a heck of a lot cheaper and easier!

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6916/roflbotysov.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/20/09 at 5:45 am

But it still won't get me a girl.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/20/09 at 1:33 pm

Yeah, you're right.  Dates have a tendency to make you spend money.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/09 at 4:46 pm

Yeah, you're right.  Dates have a tendency to make you spend money.

just like my last one.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 05/20/09 at 6:20 pm

just like my last one.  ::)

Where did you take your date?

Written By: Howard on 05/21/09 at 6:56 am

Where did you take your date?

my last date was 5 years ago and that was the girl who broke up with me in February 2008,I'm sure you know who it was. ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/21/09 at 1:19 pm

my last date was 5 years ago and that was the girl who broke up with me in February 2008,I'm sure you know who it was. ::)

She who's name must never be said. >:(  What was her problem anyway?

Written By: Howard on 05/21/09 at 6:33 pm

She who's name must never be said. >:(  What was her problem anyway?

She always worried about a guy who was a part timer like me but pushed a guy (like me) into full time but refused and sometimes threw job applications in my face,just never had much fun was always way too serious for me but I wanted to keep her in my life because I enjoyed being with her for the love of work and money for those 3 1/2 years that we were together.

Plus she didn't have the libido like I had,hers was low and mine was high,sexually we didn't connect. :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/21/09 at 7:53 pm

Job Search? I have a job,been working at Pathmark for 2 years now.

Congrads!

Written By: Howard on 05/22/09 at 6:53 am

Congrads!

Thanks Jamie.  :)

Written By: Midas on 06/26/09 at 9:36 am

What do we save Howard from now?  Cigarette smoke and dirty tasks at work?  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/26/09 at 12:03 pm

Neh, I suggest we save him from becoming normal.  He seems to be heading that direction,  intervention should take place soon.

Written By: Midas on 06/26/09 at 12:56 pm

Neh, I suggest we save him from becoming normal.  He seems to be heading that direction,  intervention should take place soon.

Hairy palms are not normal!

Written By: Howard on 06/26/09 at 7:04 pm

save me from all those stupid customers. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/09 at 12:21 pm

can't save you from the customers you need them to keep your job....what else can we save you from?

Written By: Frank on 06/27/09 at 1:29 pm

Unless you are Italian or Greek

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/27/09 at 3:44 pm

What are you doing looking at him palms???!!! :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/27/09 at 3:46 pm

Unless you are Italian or Greek

Neh, he just a Jewish kid from New York who lives in his parents basement.  Wait . . . add that to the list.

Written By: Frank on 06/27/09 at 5:15 pm

Neh, he just a Jewish kid from New York who lives in his parents basement.  Wait . . . add that to the list.

;D
What are you doing looking at him palms???!!! :P

I was looking at mine

Written By: Howard on 06/27/09 at 6:51 pm

I live in my parents house,not basement.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/27/09 at 6:52 pm

can't save you from the customers you need them to keep your job....what else can we save you from?

let me think it over.

Written By: Midas on 07/02/09 at 4:36 pm

The weather! :D

Written By: Howard on 07/02/09 at 4:39 pm

let them save themselves.

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 10:47 pm

no I think we are the ones who need to be saved from Howards weather updates....  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 6:55 am

no I think we are the ones who need to be saved from Howards weather updates....  ;D

You always need weather updates.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 7:52 am

You always need weather updates.

or I could just look out side and see for myself...since weather updates for Queens are useless in california  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 7:07 pm

or I could just look out side and see for myself...since weather updates for Queens are useless in california  ;)

or check weather.com?  ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/03/09 at 7:36 pm

so when did you get saved Howard?

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 7:43 pm

so when did you get saved Howard?

the heavens saved me.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/03/09 at 7:47 pm

the heavens saved me.  ;D
angels  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel5.gif  watching over you  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel12.gif

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 7:48 pm

angels  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel5.gif  watching over you   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel12.gif

my guardian angel.

Written By: anabel on 07/03/09 at 8:01 pm

After 2 1/2 years, and 27 pages, I am wondering....CAN Howard be saved?  Does he really want to be saved?  ;) ;D ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/03/09 at 8:03 pm

I think he's been saved...mission accomplished  8)

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/04/09 at 3:11 am

I don't even remember what we're saving him from.

Howard, have you found a new girlfriend yet, or have you been on any dates lately?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/04/09 at 3:25 am

Howard, have you found a new girlfriend yet, or have you been on any dates lately?
I think it was trying to help him get a job

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/09 at 3:30 am

I think it was trying to help him get a job
A better job than the one he has now?

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/04/09 at 3:30 am

Hmm, at the time, I think he had no job.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 3:36 am

no just a regular old job.... but we were trying to help him move up by working inside.. I don't think he ever took the advise tho  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/09 at 3:37 am

no just a regular old job.... but we were trying to help him move up by working inside.. I don't think he ever took the advise tho  :-\\
Shelf-stacking is better than working outdoors in all weathers?

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 3:39 am

Certainly, howard doesn't like working when its raining or when its really hot so indoors would be much better.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/09 at 3:40 am

Certainly, howard doesn't like working when its raining or when its really hot so indoors would be much better.  :)
Was he meant to be asking about that job position last April?

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 3:40 am

Was he meant to be asking about that job position last April?

he talked about asking but I don't know if he actually did.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/09 at 3:41 am

he talked about asking but I don't know if he actually did.
He should ask again before winter arrives.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 3:44 am

yes he should. we could start a petition... GIVE HOWARD AN INDOORS JOB!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 6:52 am

After 2 1/2 years, and 27 pages, I am wondering....CAN Howard be saved?  Does he really want to be saved?  ;) ;D ;)

Wow,Has it been 2 1/2 years already?  :o

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 6:54 am

No haven't been on any dates or found a new girl lately.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 6:55 am

sounds like a good idea.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 6:56 am

Yeah before the winter arrives,that way I'm prepared.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/09 at 5:01 pm

Yeah before the winter arrives,that way I'm prepared.
Ask now and avoid the summer rains?

Written By: Frank on 07/04/09 at 5:45 pm

Is this a religious type of saving?

Written By: gibbo on 07/04/09 at 7:05 pm

Oh...what the heck.    Let's NOT save Howard!  :P ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 7:08 pm

Oh...what the heck.     Let's NOT save Howard!  :P ;)

Oh Please spare me.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 7:08 pm

Ask now and avoid the summer rains?

plus the showers and thunderstorms with hail. :o

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 11:36 pm

plus the showers and thunderstorms with hail. :o

hail? in the summer?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/09 at 3:49 am

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/VeryWet2.jpg

June 27th (this year) at the Abbey road Crossing, it was hailstaones with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/09 at 6:36 am

just a week ago,We had powerful thunderstorms with some pea sized hail and frequent thunder/lightning.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/09 at 6:37 am

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/VeryWet2.jpg

June 27th (this year) at the Abbey road Crossing, it was hailstaones with Sodom and Gomorrah.

I'm guessing you were home at the time?  ???

Written By: Howard on 07/05/09 at 6:37 am

Is this a religious type of saving?

Yeah,you have the money bin?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/09 at 9:38 am

I'm guessing you were home at the time?  ???
I was looking at it through my window at that precise time.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 6:01 am

I was looking at it through my window at that precise time.

Wow,thank god you weren't in it.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/09 at 6:04 am

Wow,thank god you weren't in it.  :o
Exactly!

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 6:22 am

and I was which I was almost pelted with hail before the bus came. :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 10:29 am

Can Howard be Saved - Now that IS the question 8)

;D ;D ;D

Love ya Howard

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 4:38 pm

Can someone find me a woman?  ???

;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/09 at 4:50 pm

Can someone find me a woman?  ???

;D
would you like one like the one that married dear old dad?

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 5:21 pm

would you like one like the one that married dear old dad?

no I want one that is on SSD so that way I can help her and she can help me.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/09 at 5:58 pm

no I want one that is on SSD so that way I can help her and she can help me.
social security disability?. I think you should hook up with a rich old widower and you can be her boy-toy

Written By: Howard on 07/07/09 at 7:03 am

social security disability?. I think you should hook up with a rich old widower and you can be her boy-toy

I'm not dating a grandma but how old is old? ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/10/09 at 3:11 am

I'm not dating a grandma but how old is old? ;D
maybe around 72 to 79 years old. just think of what an old lady like that could teach you Howard  :D 

Written By: Howard on 07/10/09 at 6:42 am

maybe around 72 to 79 years old. just think of what an old lady like that could teach you Howard  :D  

Grandma can I get a spanking maybe some hot milk and cookies?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/10/09 at 6:43 am

I just can't compete with a woman who earns more money than me,It'll wind up causing a conflict just like in the past.

Written By: Midas on 07/10/09 at 9:25 am

I just can't compete with a woman who earns more money than me,It'll wind up causing a conflict just like in the past.

What if she's a sugar mama? :D

Written By: Howard on 07/10/09 at 9:52 am

What if she's a sugar mama? :D

I'll think about it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/10/09 at 10:25 am

Grandma can I get a spanking maybe some hot milk and cookies?  ;D
that's sounds pretty fun  ;D  and just wait until she takes out her false teeth 

Written By: Howard on 07/10/09 at 6:50 pm

that's sounds pretty fun  ;D   and just wait until she takes out her false teeth 

:o NOOO! keep her teeth in her mouth. :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:14 am

:o NOOO! keep her teeth in her mouth. :P

no velveteen rub for howard.... 

* I expect this post will be deleted in 5,4,3,2,1......  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/11/09 at 6:33 am

Oh...blow it!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:35 am

Why would I want a velveteen rub?  ???

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:36 am

Can she give me hot milk and cookies,tuck me in bed at night and read me a bedtime story?  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/11/09 at 6:39 am

Why would I want a velveteen rub?  ???

Oh Howard, Howard, Howard ....trust me...turn the lights out and enjoy the ride!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:40 am

Oh Howard, Howard, Howard ....trust me...turn the lights out and enjoy the ride!  ;)

the old man knows what he's talking about....  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:42 am

It's going to be a very bumpy ride.

Written By: gibbo on 07/11/09 at 6:43 am

Can she give me hot milk and cookies,tuck me in bed at night and read me a bedtime story?  ;D

Yep...she can do all of that ....after the rub!  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:45 am

Yep...she can do all of that ....after the rub!  :)

Jergens Baby Lotion?

Written By: gibbo on 07/11/09 at 6:54 am

Jergens Baby Lotion?

Ummm...yeah...you could probably use that if you like. Honey, or whipped cream would be better though!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:56 am

Ummm...yeah...you could probably use that if you like. Honey, or whipped cream would be better though!  ;D

how about Gorilla Glue?  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/11/09 at 6:57 am

how about Gorilla Glue?  ;D

Good luck with that one... ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:58 am

Good luck with that one... ;D

That's the most powerful glue I've seen.

Written By: Midas on 07/13/09 at 1:45 pm

After reading the last page and a half of this thread I think we're beyond saving Howard.  We need to save ourselves! :D

Written By: Howard on 07/13/09 at 4:39 pm

After reading the last page and a half of this thread I think we're beyond saving Howard.  We need to save ourselves! :D

You're Saved,Hallejuah!

Written By: Midas on 07/14/09 at 1:44 pm

You're Saved,Hallejuah!

Amen!

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 2:39 pm

Now where's the collection plate?

Written By: Midas on 07/15/09 at 12:33 pm

Now where's the collection plate?

Pfft!  You need it to pay my water bill!

Written By: Howard on 07/15/09 at 3:09 pm

Pfft!  You need it to pay my water bill!

You'll wind up spending it.

Written By: Frank on 07/15/09 at 3:54 pm

Can we save Howard from living on a nude beach?

Written By: Howard on 07/15/09 at 4:22 pm

Can we save Howard from living on a nude beach?

I'm staying.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/09 at 4:01 am

Written By: Bobo on 07/30/09 at 4:05 am

Howard is always being saved!

Written By: Howard on 07/30/09 at 7:23 am

I used to save bottles and cans. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/05/09 at 2:39 pm

Howard has wasted his entire vacation not going out and meeting women!

Someone get Howard laid!

Written By: Howard on 08/05/09 at 2:56 pm

Howard has wasted his entire vacation not going out and meeting women!

Someone get Howard laid!

My vacation didn't start till next Sunday the 9th-15th.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/05/09 at 3:00 pm

My vacation didn't start till next Sunday the 9th-15th.

Oh.  Get laid then.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/09 at 3:03 pm

Oh.  Get laid then.

I'll try,not sure if I'll succeed.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/05/09 at 3:09 pm

I'll try,not sure if I'll succeed.

Try harder then :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/05/09 at 3:09 pm

Oh.  Get laid then.
should we change the name of this thread  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/05/09 at 3:10 pm

Try harder then :P

I have to figure out what I want to do that week.

Written By: Midas on 08/05/09 at 3:10 pm

should we change the name of this thread  ::)

;D

I don't think Howard will try hard enough.  He likes to snooze over schmooze.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/09 at 3:11 pm

;D

I don't think Howard will try hard enough.  He likes to snooze over schmooze.

snoozing about womenz.

Written By: Midas on 08/05/09 at 3:12 pm

snoozing about womenz.

That won't getcha some in the real world.  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/05/09 at 3:13 pm

That won't getcha some in the real world.  :P

just in my fantasy.

Written By: wildcard on 05/10/10 at 10:48 pm

your rock and roll dreams?

Written By: Howard on 05/11/10 at 5:44 am

Don't try to save me!

Written By: Frank on 05/11/10 at 10:48 am

Oops, I though the thread was called "Shave Howard". I guess I misread.

Written By: wildcard on 05/11/10 at 11:27 am

Don't try to save me!

I already know it's too late. you've gone too far, your time had come, you've cum undone

fudging him for _ 
that are bad and wrong 
you nasty thing  (you nasty thing) 

>:(

Written By: Midas on 05/11/10 at 11:27 am

;D :o 8-P ;D

I don't know if Howard's save-able.  Save yourselves! :D

Written By: Howard on 05/11/10 at 3:10 pm

;D :o 8-P ;D

I don't know if Howard's save-able.  Save yourselves! :D

people on here have been trying to save me for almost 4 years.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/10 at 3:10 pm

You wouldn't want to do that. ;D

Written By: Frank on 05/11/10 at 5:07 pm

You wouldn't want to do that. ;D

Guess not.

Written By: wildcard on 05/16/10 at 7:52 pm

I guess there's no point in posting in this thread

Written By: Howard on 05/17/10 at 7:23 am

There's always a point.

Written By: Frank on 05/17/10 at 11:27 am

Wait a minute...why are we saving Howard?

Written By: Howard on 05/17/10 at 2:02 pm

Wait a minute...why are we saving Howard?

I forgot what I was being saved about?

Written By: wildcard on 05/17/10 at 6:24 pm

forgetfulness?

Written By: Howard on 05/18/10 at 5:48 am

forgetfulness?

No,that's not it.

Written By: wildcard on 05/18/10 at 10:29 am

Well it should be

Written By: Frank on 05/18/10 at 11:04 am

How about the "Slave Howard" thread.
Howard: et me a coke.
Howard: fix my car
Howard: Please walk 3 miles in the snow, I want some McDonalds French fries.  :D :D :D

Written By: Howard on 05/18/10 at 3:27 pm

Well it should be

No,It shouldn't be.

Written By: wildcard on 05/18/10 at 6:39 pm

Argue with Howard thread?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/18/10 at 8:20 pm

Hug Howard?

Written By: wildcard on 05/18/10 at 11:27 pm

^ would that be safe?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 6:58 am

Hug Howard?

but don't squeeze too hard.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 6:59 am

Argue with Howard thread?

No that wouldn't be possible.

Written By: wildcard on 05/19/10 at 10:57 am

why not?

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 4:01 pm

No that wouldn't be possible.

Why can't we argue with you?

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 4:06 pm

because he always gives in easily...not much of an argument if it only lasts two or three posts.

Written By: wildcard on 05/19/10 at 4:11 pm

because he always gives in easily...not much of an argument if it only lasts two or three posts.

so I can have it my way

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 4:18 pm

I thought our point was to create an argument as to why Howard doesn't like to argue, thus making Howard  argue about why he doesn't want to argue.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 4:24 pm

I thought our point was to create an argument as to why Howard doesn't like to argue, thus making Howard  argue about why he doesn't want to argue.

but then he'd just apologize and say he guesses he shouldn't argue  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 7:04 pm

save it for The Arguement thread this thread is for saving me.

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 7:06 pm

save it for The Arguement thread this thread is for saving me.

We're saving you from not arguing.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 7:07 pm

We're saving you from not arguing.

I need to be saved from something else.

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 7:08 pm

something sluggish?

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 7:09 pm

why are you arguing with Frank about saving you from arguing?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 7:12 pm

why are you arguing with Frank about saving you from arguing?  ;D

He started.  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 7:12 pm

something sluggish?

No.

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 7:13 pm

He started.  :P

Now you are arguing with snoz too.
Who's next to argue with Howard?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 7:14 pm

Now you are arguing with snoz too.
Who's next to argue with Howard?  ;D

step right up.

Written By: Frank on 05/19/10 at 7:19 pm

step right up.

Ann is next.

Subject: Re: Argue Howard!

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 7:22 pm

Ann is next.

We can call this Argue Howard

Written By: wildcard on 05/19/10 at 7:35 pm

no we'll  call it my turn

Written By: Howard on 05/20/10 at 7:09 am

no we'll  call it my turn

Are you arguing with me?

Written By: Frank on 05/20/10 at 10:14 am

Are you arguing with me?

No, she's telling you.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/10 at 7:41 pm

No, she's telling you.

Oh Ok,I misinterpreted it.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/10 at 6:57 pm

I think I need to be saved now.  :(

Written By: Frank on 08/16/10 at 7:03 pm

I think I need to be saved now.  :(

I have dibs on performing the religious ceremony! (Unless Benny Hinn is in town)

Written By: Howard on 08/16/10 at 7:05 pm

I have dibs on performing the religious ceremony! (Unless Benny Hinn is in town)

Oh please.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/16/10 at 8:44 pm

yay the thread has been resurrected.

seriously tho howard if you want helpful job tips just ask...we're here for you!

Written By: Howard on 08/16/10 at 9:56 pm

yay the thread has been resurrected.

seriously tho howard if you want helpful job tips just ask...we're here for you!

Should I really file for unemployment? I don't want to. :(

Written By: snozberries on 08/17/10 at 1:16 am

Should I really file for unemployment? I don't want to. :(

I think you should look for a job. You have plenty of time and if you find a job before pathmark closes you won't have to worry about unemployment.

but that means that on your days off you should go out and look to see if any businesses are hiring in the area. It'll take some work but jobs are easier to find when you go out and look for them.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/10 at 5:36 am

I think you should look for a job. You have plenty of time and if you find a job before pathmark closes you won't have to worry about unemployment.

but that means that on your days off you should go out and look to see if any businesses are hiring in the area. It'll take some work but jobs are easier to find when you go out and look for them.

Thanks Q,I'll try. :)

Written By: Frank on 08/17/10 at 9:21 am

Thanks Q,I'll try. :)

If you need help with your resume, there must be some places around Queens that can do that fo rme ( There are many in Canada...libraries, YMCA, must be the same in USA as Canada, I hope)

Written By: snozberries on 08/17/10 at 9:38 am

If you need help with your resume, there must be some places around Queens that can do that fo rme ( There are many in Canada...libraries, YMCA, must be the same in USA as Canada, I hope)

Howard had a job coach before he could probably get one again but really all he has to do is ask us- we're better than any one job coach  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/17/10 at 3:38 pm

Howard had a job coach before he could probably get one again but really all he has to do is ask us- we're better than any one job coach  ;)

That was Mr.Ron Randolph I still have his email,I'll see what I can do.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/10 at 3:39 pm

My father can help me.

Written By: Frank on 08/17/10 at 5:30 pm

My father can help me.

Good. That's nice.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/10 at 5:07 pm

Good. That's nice.

he knows how to update resumes.

Written By: Frank on 08/18/10 at 8:06 pm

he knows how to update resumes.

better ask him for help then.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/10 at 7:22 am

better ask him for help then.

I sure will.

Written By: lola669 on 08/19/10 at 7:47 am

Now is a good time to put in applications because a lot of places with be losing their summer help 'cause kids/teens will be heading back to school.  Don't wait.
I'm sure there are many places to apply, fast-food places, other super markets, Target or Walmart. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/19/10 at 9:46 am

I think Howard should apply at Subway or Dunkin Donuts. He's there enough anyway.  ;D

Written By: Frank on 08/19/10 at 12:25 pm

I think Howard should apply at Subway or Dunkin Donuts. He's there enough anyway.  ;D

Agreed  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/19/10 at 7:11 pm

I rarely go to Subways but I always go to Dunkin Donuts.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/10 at 7:12 pm

Now is a good time to put in applications because a lot of places with be losing their summer help 'cause kids/teens will be heading back to school.  Don't wait.
I'm sure there are many places to apply, fast-food places, other super markets, Target or Walmart. 

something other than a cartperson,that position can go to hell. >:(

Written By: snozberries on 08/19/10 at 7:16 pm

something other than a cartperson,that position can go to hell. >:(

howard all jobs suck....it's the attitude we approach them with that make them bearable.  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/19/10 at 7:17 pm

howard all jobs suck....it's the attitude we approach them with that make them bearable.  :P

I've gotten so much stress from pushing carts,taking the crap out of the wagons and the horrific traffic over there.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/19/10 at 7:29 pm

I've gotten so much stress from pushing carts,the crap out of the wagons and the horrific traffic over there.  ::)

that's because you approach the job with a bad attitude. if you went in thinking I provide a great service to people you'd probably be less annoyed all the time  :P

Written By: Frank on 08/19/10 at 11:27 pm

howard all jobs suck....it's the attitude we approach them with that make them bearable.  :P

She's right Howard. We all could go and complain all day about our boss, co=workers, way things are done. \But we try and live with it, coz in the end, it doesn't matter.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/10 at 7:31 am

that's because you approach the job with a bad attitude. if you went in thinking I provide a great service to people you'd probably be less annoyed all the time  :P

At first when I was trained in 2007 I had a good attitude but a few years later,I had a high stress level,things got to me like stuck together or broken wagons I got so emotional over it,I don't know why I did but that's the way I am. 

Written By: karen on 08/20/10 at 5:17 pm

I'm not holding my breath on Howard

contacting his job coach
asking his dad for help
his dad actually helping him
applying for any jobs before the store closes

I'm just saying

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/10 at 5:36 pm

contacting his job coach
asking his dad for help

I'm just saying

well neither am I but nagging him about gives me something to do while the boards are slow  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/21/10 at 5:41 am

contacting his job coach
asking his dad for help

I'm just saying

one of them will happen.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/10 at 5:48 am

one of them will happen.
Only one?

Written By: Howard on 08/21/10 at 5:49 am

Only one?

ok a few more.

Written By: Frank on 08/21/10 at 7:06 am

ok a few more.

do them all, Howard.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/10 at 7:07 am

do them all, Howard.
In any particular order?

Subject: Re: Shave Howard!

Written By: Frank on 08/21/10 at 1:52 pm

We should add a letter to the subject line and rename the thread "Shave Howard"

Written By: Howard on 08/21/10 at 3:12 pm

In any particular order?

got to email my job coach first.

Written By: karen on 08/21/10 at 3:18 pm

got to email my job coach first.

do it now while you are logged on

Subject: Re: Shave Howard!

Written By: Howard on 08/21/10 at 3:19 pm

We should add a letter to the subject line and rename the thread "Shave Howard"

Don't bother.

Written By: wildcard on 02/02/11 at 10:28 pm

save howard from what? himself?

Written By: Howard on 02/03/11 at 7:01 am

Save me from this cold weather.

Written By: wildcard on 02/03/11 at 11:50 am

come down here, It's sunny now

Written By: seamermar on 02/03/11 at 4:28 pm

Save me from this cold weather.

slap on a coat-hood
swallow a strong hooch
and so it's got to be a hoot

Good luck Howard

Written By: Howard on 02/03/11 at 8:11 pm

come down here, It's sunny now

What's temperature?  ???

Written By: wildcard on 02/03/11 at 10:36 pm

it will be 63 tomorrow.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/11 at 3:51 pm

it will be 63 tomorrow.

I'll trade your 63 for my 34.

Written By: wildcard on 02/04/11 at 7:51 pm

hell no  60 is still cold for me

Written By: 80sfan on 02/04/11 at 7:52 pm

I can't help you, but I can give you karma.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/05/11 at 7:18 am

I can't help you, but I can give you karma.  ;D

Thanks karma backatcha.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/05/11 at 7:07 pm

Seems to me that the only way to "save Howard" is to go to NYC and kick his butt into a new job and fix him up with a willing, but not too discriminating, female

Written By: Howard on 02/06/11 at 3:49 pm

Seems to me that the only way to "save Howard" is to go to NYC and kick his butt into a new job and fix him up with a willing, but not too discriminating, female

Oh Would you?  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/06/11 at 6:13 pm

Why can't, nay won't Howard save himself?  ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/06/11 at 6:59 pm

Now that is the $24,000 question.  Well Howard, what's the answer?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/11 at 7:49 pm

Hello. Howard, are you there?  :(

HHHHHoooooowwwwwwaaaaaaarrrrdddd )))))))))

Written By: Howard on 02/07/11 at 6:59 am

That's true.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/07/11 at 8:42 am

I've given up on trying to help Howard.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/11 at 2:35 pm

I am giving up on asking questions in his Ask Question topic

Written By: Howard on 02/07/11 at 7:40 pm

I'm sorry I've been very difficult Carol. :(

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/08/11 at 7:06 am

I'm sorry I've been very difficult Carol. :(

It's OK Howard, it's just time for you to help yourself. 

We can give advice but it's up to you do something about your situation. 

Written By: Howard on 02/08/11 at 7:52 pm

It's OK Howard, it's just time for you to help yourself. 

We can give advice but it's up to you do something about your situation. 

everything is on my shoulders now.

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/23/11 at 10:16 am

what's your sitiation and what the hell do you need help with now?

Written By: Howard on 02/23/11 at 12:37 pm

what's your sitiation and what the hell do you need help with now?

I don't have a situation at the moment and right now I don't need help.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/08/12 at 3:41 am

Written By: Howard on 07/08/12 at 4:39 pm

I can't even save myself from being careful anymore.  :-\\ :(

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 4:50 pm

I can't even save myself from being careful anymore.  :-\\ :(

People lose things all the time Howard. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Written By: wildcard on 07/08/12 at 5:10 pm

Yes Howard, you are doomed and there is no hope.  http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/smilies%20evil%20%20innocent%20%20love%20%20sad%20%20angry/mwahaha.gif

Okay I'll try to be nice

you had to learn some time that things fall out of pockets.  You know what they say, better late then never

Written By: Howard on 07/09/12 at 7:25 am

People lose things all the time Howard. Don't beat yourself up over it.

But it was a cell phone Q, every time I tell my parents I lose things and this goes back 20 years ago when I first lost my half fare metrocard and my Mother was pissed at me about it. :(

I kinda wish I had a camera in my brain to record the things I do every day and when I lose things I can play it back on TV and then see where I lost that certain item(s), like tracing my steps. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/09/12 at 7:27 am

Yes Howard, you are doomed and there is no hope.  http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/smilies%20evil%20%20innocent%20%20love%20%20sad%20%20angry/mwahaha.gif

Okay I'll try to be nice

you had to learn some time that things fall out of pockets.  You know what they say, better late then never

It wasn't in my pocket I had to change into my shorts in the Pathmark bathroom for work and the phone might have been in the bathroom and I checked it and the phone wasn't there but if someone does return it they should return it to the frontend at Pathmark cause that's where I was last.

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/12 at 10:56 am

But it was a cell phone Q, every time I tell my parents I lose things and this goes back 20 years ago when I first lost my half fare metrocard and my Mother was pissed at me about it. :(

I kinda wish I had a camera in my brain to record the things I do every day and when I lose things I can play it back on TV and then see where I lost that certain item(s), like tracing my steps. :-\\

But then again it was just a cell phone...those are easily replaced.  Your mom may have been upset but believe me, losing a cell phone is a pain but not that big a deal.  You forget, I work in a police dept. People lose things every day. 

I know you lost your wallet a couple weeks ago and your phone the other, maybe she's just mad because the two events are so close together....still, in the long run howard. We get wallets and phones in here every single day so you are not the only one....

Other interesting stuff we've had turned into lost and found  (aside from the usual books, clothing and jewelry)
:
A wheel chair.  (how do you lose that?)
Surf boards
Skate boards
a full drum set.  (like from a band)
scooters

Written By: warped on 07/09/12 at 12:46 pm

Other interesting stuff we've had turned into lost and found  (aside from the usual books, clothing and jewelry)
:
A wheel chair.  (how do you lose that?)
Surf boards
Skate boards
a full drum set.  (like from a band)
scooters

A wheel chair.  - mine
Surf boards - All are mine
Skate boards - mine as well
a full drum set.  ashamed...but mine too.
scooters - (checking garage) Yup, also mine

Please return them to Canada. Thanks.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/09/12 at 1:11 pm

But then again it was just a cell phone...those are easily replaced.  Your mom may have been upset but believe me, losing a cell phone is a pain but not that big a deal.  You forget, I work in a police dept. People lose things every day. 

I understand that a cell phone can easily be replaced a cell phone replacement if not found is a pain in the ass. To get a new one that phone had all my numbers in there so now if a friend of mine wants to call they'll get a "phone not in service note", I can easily call on the regular house phone and tell them what had happened. I have a history of losing things, I don't know at this point I can ever be trusted with hanging on to things anymore. From wallets to keys to cellphones and metrocards within the past 20 years.

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/12 at 1:20 pm

A wheel chair.  - mine
Surf boards - All are mine
Skate boards - mine as well
a full drum set.  ashamed...but mine too.
scooters - (checking garage) Yup, also mine

Please return them to Canada. Thanks.  ;D

no problem... you will be responsible for the shipping and handling fee... please send me $10,000 in a money order or cashier's check. Payable to Snozberries in Santa Barbara.
Your items will then be shipped via freight.

Thank you!
:D

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/12 at 1:21 pm

I understand that a cell phone can easily be replaced a cell phone replacement if not found is a pain in the ass. To get a new one that phone had all my numbers in there so now if a friend of mine wants to call they'll get a "phone not in service note", I can easily call on the regular house phone and tell them what had happened. I have a history of losing things, I don't know at this point I can ever be trusted with hanging on to things anymore. From wallets to keys to cellphones and metrocards within the past 20 years.

I know all this Howard I'm just saying don't be so hard on yourself. it happens. We all lose stuff...

Written By: wildcard on 07/09/12 at 1:35 pm

It wasn't in my pocket I had to change into my shorts in the Pathmark bathroom for work and the phone might have been in the bathroom and I checked it and the phone wasn't there but if someone does return it they should return it to the frontend at Pathmark cause that's where I was last.

doesn't matter you're doomed anyway

Written By: warped on 07/09/12 at 1:49 pm

I'd look into acquiring a backpack and put all your stuff in it.  It works for me.
Unless of course, you think you'd lose your backpack.

Try and pay attention and develop a system for yourself...a routine..where you can remember to put your wallet/metrocard/phone back in the same place all the time. A backpack is a good place.

Written By: wildcard on 07/09/12 at 1:54 pm

yes what warped said.  It was you're wallet that you lost in your pocket.  See now you're going to make me loose my mind.

Written By: warped on 07/09/12 at 2:01 pm

yes what warped said.  It was you're wallet that you lost in your pocket.  See now you're going to make me loose my mind.

When warped is "a voice of reason", I will make myself lose my own mind.

Written By: wildcard on 07/09/12 at 2:12 pm

When warped is "a voice of reason", I will make myself lose my own mind.

I've already lost mine a long time ago so don't worry about it.

Written By: warped on 07/09/12 at 2:20 pm

I've already lost mine a long time ago so don't worry about it.

Yeah but you are doing AMAZING in so many arcade games, achieving scores I could never approach. Some of your mind must still be there.

Written By: wildcard on 07/09/12 at 2:36 pm

Yeah but you are doing AMAZING in so many arcade games, achieving scores I could never approach. Some of your mind must still be there.

It sure is.  I'm just arranged differently with the brain tumor and a parent who had and stil has some kind of serious problem.  I've recorded music while going deaf and am just some sort of  joy finding in everything, insane for the fun of it kind of person. 

Written By: warped on 07/09/12 at 4:33 pm

It sure is.  I'm just arranged differently with the brain tumor and a parent who had and stil has some kind of serious problem.  I've recorded music while going deaf and am just some sort of  joy finding in everything, insane for the fun of it kind of person.

Gee Wildcard, that really sucks.  :(  Keep looking at the positive side of things. Keep trying to laugh. Only way I get through the day myself . It's amazing you can record music and play those games so well. You must be a strongly driven person to achieve all that.  Wish I had some of that in me.

Written By: wildcard on 07/09/12 at 5:55 pm

Gee Wildcard, that really sucks.  :(  Keep looking at the positive side of things. Keep trying to laugh. Only way I get through the day myself . It's amazing you can record music and play those games so well. You must be a strongly driven person to achieve all that.  Wish I had some of that in me.

use to sing my parodies with a midi background.  Below Average Dave offered to record for me like he did for so many other people.  I told him I'd do  the recording myself because I love to sing.  He was amazed by this.  I don't have any of those recordings up at soundclick any more.  I'm driven by love and it can't be stopped by much if anything.  Then I went deaf, wasn't getting comments on my parodies usually, and no new ones at soundclick.  Other things were depressing me too.  Now that I got a CI and am going to get it adjusted again, I'm thinking about recording again, but now that I'm not going to get a decient sounding midi without paying for it,  I may end up using my harmonica or do something silly.  I don't play guitar or anything like that. I have some old videos here http://s219.photobucket.com/profile/rocksannwastaken

Written By: Howard on 07/10/12 at 7:10 am

I know all this Howard I'm just saying don't be so hard on yourself. it happens. We all lose stuff...

I understand.. the problem is with me I rush most of the time I've got to take my time and just relax.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/12 at 7:11 am

I'd look into acquiring a backpack and put all your stuff in it.  It works for me.
Unless of course, you think you'd lose your backpack.

Try and pay attention and develop a system for yourself...a routine..where you can remember to put your wallet/metrocard/phone back in the same place all the time. A backpack is a good place.

I carry a backpack with me all the time.

Check for new replies or respond here...