inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember When? (inthe00s reminiscing)

Written By: Tam on 10/01/08 at 3:02 pm

8)

Remember when:

whisltedog was such a pain in the arse! He showed up here and postwhored the entire boards, alienated some people, bonded with others, I am sure I could go on. Man, I couldn't stand his punk ass at all. He drove me crazy with his so-called knowledge of music, which turned out to be pretty good in fact, and controlled the outcome of almost every single quiz on the boards!!! He was all about acheiving and surpassing others' posts. Gawd, I wanted him banned so bad!!!

Now I actually kind of miss the kid since he isn't around as much as before!

------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when:

The new member spammed our inboxes with his Asian Penis pictures and comments!
That was freakin' hilarious, mind you probably a pain for Chucky write a prgm to delete them from our inboxes.

Good times, good times! 8)

Subject: Re: Remember When? (inthe00s reminiscing)

Written By: Red Ant on 10/01/08 at 4:53 pm

The conversations that were had in flashchat. I miss those the most.

The arcade was first installed.

Since you've picked on Jason a bit: remember all those crazy spellings he had? I can't know for sure, but probably a few thousand quotes of his posts were lost/broken over that. lol

remember when the board displayed a ton of  in double spaces? Maybe the profanity filter could be set to fix those posts; they still exist...  ;)

Ant

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/01/08 at 5:12 pm

Since you've picked on Jason a bit: remember all those crazy spellings he had? I can't know for sure, but probably a few thousand quotes of his posts were lost/broken over that. lol

remember when the board displayed a ton of  in double spaces? Maybe the profanity filter could be set to fix those posts; they still exist...  ;)

Ant

I remember being up till 3:00 am talking.  I always had a problem figuring out who's conversation was what.

I remember quite a few of us had evil twins, back when we could change usernames.

I also remember making fun of spammers in their own thread.  The Jarts thread comes to mind.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/01/08 at 5:41 pm

I remember being up till 3:00 am talking.  I always had a problem figuring out who's conversation was what.

I remember quite a few of us had evil twins, back when we could change usernames.

I also remember making fun of spammers in their own thread.  The Jarts thread comes to mind.

Yeah, 3:00am comes early now that I get up at 7, lol.

I remember that jarts thread. The one Tam created for me was awesome.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=27172.0

Tam, I remember the azn spammer as well. Cindylovesmusic. What a loser, lol. That pic was pretty funny though I doubt ChuckyG liked it and the resulting email he got over it.

Ant

Written By: Tam on 10/01/08 at 5:49 pm

Yeah, 3:00am comes early now that I get up at 7, lol.

I remember that jarts thread. The one Tam created for me was awesome.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=27172.0

Tam, I remember the azn spammer as well. Cindylovesmusic. What a loser, lol. That pic was pretty funny though I doubt ChuckyG liked it and the resulting email he got over it.

Ant

OMG!!! I forgot about that thread!! Definitely good times!!
I am still laughing!!! ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/01/08 at 7:19 pm

Do you remember when Jiminy argued almost all the time? ;D

Written By: nally on 10/01/08 at 10:08 pm

Ant

Of course!! There are thousands of posts, mostly from 2005, that have those marks. They came from double spaces, (like  this) many of which displayed the pesky "nbsp" string when quoted. Others simply got cut off at that point...and the text that followed them will never be recovered. :-\\

As for setting them up in the profanity filter, that might be worth a shot...but what would we replace them with?

Written By: Tam on 10/01/08 at 10:13 pm

Of course!! There are thousands of posts, mostly from 2005, that have those marks. They came from double spaces, (like  this) many of which displayed the pesky "nbsp" string when quoted. Others simply got cut off at that point...and the text that followed them will never be recovered. :-\\

As for setting them up in the profanity filter, that might be worth a shot...but what would we replace them with?

I added something to the filter for this. If someone could find one of those posts and tell me what they now see, that would be great! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 10:34 pm

LOL I get lots of mentions.  I am so memorable ;D

Remember when those crazy characters I had in my name messed up the boards?  I don't remember which particular ascii character I used, but it caused the columns of the boards (that had topics started by me) to shift one square over, and look all messed.  And to top it all off, it also caused my profile to become a blank screen, not allowing me to re-edit my name.  Had it not been for my history folder, I would have been totally f*cked LOL

-------------------------------------

One of the big 'remember when' moments for me came from a guy by the name of TarzSp.  He seemed like a knowledgable guy when it came to music, but he didn't like to be corrected, which I unintentionally always seemed to do.  One day, he got fed up and posted this in a thread ...

I just get so irritated by picky people who point out that someone happened to have another song in the Top 40 Charts so that automatically eliminated them from being a 1 Hit Wonder

Anyway, not to sound like a pain, but since this is my thread, we'll go by the "American" way of 1 Hit Wonderism. Trust me on this one, I know who is and who isn't a 1 Hit Wonder in America  ;)

He only sung an American tune and didn't like it when he was informed that certain artists had more hits in other countries.  To him, the US Top 40 was all that mattered

Why was this so memorable for me?  It's because of him that I adopted the motto "Hits are hits no matter how high they chart"

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 10:42 pm

I remember that well.  I was the one who asked Chucky if we could have an arcade here.  At the time, he also had them on his other decades sites, but just strictly the games themselves, no registered scores, or all that jazz.  I wanted to be able to beat, challenge and destroy other people's scores and vice versa

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=15773.0

It's been so long, I don't even remember what the boards were like before the arcade, but I know because of the arcade, new people have joined and become regulars 8)

Written By: nally on 10/01/08 at 10:46 pm

It's been so long, I don't even remember what the boards were like before the arcade, but I know because of the arcade, new people have joined and become regulars 8)

and lots of people have joined solely for the Arcade, such as KitKat...lol

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 10:47 pm

and lots of people have joined solely for the Arcade, such as KitKat...lol

your archnemesis LOL

others too like doctorhamsandwich, my archnemesis.  He beat so many of my scores I thought were unbeatable.  At times, it almost seemed like he was out to get just my scores alone LOL

Written By: Tam on 10/01/08 at 10:49 pm

Ant

I went and made a change - of course, quotes won't reflect the change but I think I have taken care of the A problem.... if someone finds one that hasn't been fixed well then I will have to head back to the drawing board! lol

Written By: nally on 10/01/08 at 10:50 pm

One of the big 'remember when' moments for me came from a guy by the name of TarzSp.  He seemed like a knowledgable guy when it came to music, but he didn't like to be corrected, which I unintentionally always seemed to do.  One day, he got fed up and posted this in a thread ...

He only sung an American tune and didn't like it when he was informed that certain artists had more hits in other countries.  To him, the US Top 40 was all that mattered

Why was this so memorable for me?  It's because of him that I adopted the motto "Hits are hits no matter how high they chart"

Sounds somewhat like that lurker guest who always used an ellipsis for his name. ::) I seem to recall that he, too, seemed to be somewhat knowledgeable about music, and what year each song came out in, etc....and corrected us if we didn't mention something right. He even corrected me, too, when I mis-typed Ashlee Simpson's first hit as "Pisces Of Me." I haven't seen "..." around lately, so maybe he's gone.

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/01/08 at 10:59 pm

Remember when you used to be able to change your user name / mask your identity at will ?

Well, I know some people abused that privilege ... and others complained they didn't know who they were dealing with ... but as a fun / good hearted  mischief maker, I enjoyed that option .... (those were the days ? ).

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/08 at 11:04 pm

Sounds somewhat like that lurker guest who always used an ellipsis for his name. ::) I seem to recall that he, too, seemed to be somewhat knowledgeable about music, and what year each song came out in, etc....and corrected us if we didn't mention something right. He even corrected me, too, when I mis-typed Ashlee Simpson's first hit as "Pisces Of Me." I haven't seen "..." around lately, so maybe he's gone.

I remember him well.  He ripped into me big time because I was listening to 'I Don't Like Mondays' by The Boomtown Rats in the "What 80s song are you listening to" thread

Written By: nally on 10/01/08 at 11:05 pm

Remember when you used to be able to change your user name / mask your identity at will ?

Well, I know some people abused that privilege ... and others complained they didn't know who they were dealing with ... but as a fun / good hearted mischief maker, I enjoyed that option .... (those were the days ? ).

yep...but I always kept my username. I'd thought about changing it at some point, but I figured that it would be hard for folks to recognize it as me, even with my large post count. Also save the fact that that feature was tampered with 6 months ago as an April Fools prank, which the mods pretended to know nothing about!! :D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/01/08 at 11:06 pm

yep...but I always kept my username. I'd thought about changing it at some point, but I figured that it would be hard for folks to recognize it as me, even with my large post count. Also save the fact that that feature was tampered with 6 months ago as an April Fools prank, which the mods pretended to know nothing about!! :D ;D

Thought about changing it ?

To ...

Nally ?    ??? ???

::)

:P

:D

;D

Written By: Tam on 10/01/08 at 11:07 pm

I AM INNOCENT!!! I SWEAR!! IT WASN'T ME!!! ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 10/01/08 at 11:10 pm

I AM INNOCENT!!! I SWEAR!! IT WASN'T ME!!! ;D ;D

lol :D :D

Thought about changing it ?

To ...

Nally ?    ??? ???

:P

;D

Let me see...

???

???

???

No.

I would not capitalise it....unless I capitalised ALL the letters.

Maybe just use my real name; Jeffrey, or some variation of it.

But I decided not to. After all, I've been using my alias on AmiRight for over 5 1/2 years now.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/08 at 6:54 am

Well, I know some people abused that privilege ... and others complained they didn't know who they were dealing with ... but as a fun / good hearted  mischief maker, I enjoyed that option .... (those were the days ? ).

Was that April Fool's Day?

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/02/08 at 7:55 am

Was that April Fool's Day?

Yes. Can you remember what you were called ? Oh ... I think it must be April Fools today ^  :-X

Doesn't time fly ! ???

;)

Written By: Bobo on 10/02/08 at 9:51 am

Remember when... you never knew inthe00s and its previous incarnations of boards never existed? A strangely small number of us are still around from that time, there's myself, Jess, dagwood, Karen, myself, even QueenAmenRa.

nally, you remember this kind of thing, when did you first start posting? The earliest topic starts I can find by you in the archive come from the back end of March 2004, but you were a Royal Penguin by then... any ideas?

Written By: nally on 10/02/08 at 10:08 am

Remember when... you never knew inthe00s and its previous incarnations of boards never existed? A strangely small number of us are still around from that time, there's myself, Jess, dagwood, Karen, myself, even QueenAmenRa.

nally, you remember this kind of thing, when did you first start posting? The earliest topic starts I can find by you in the archive come from the back end of March 2004, but you were a Royal Penguin by then... any ideas?

I got a pm from you just now about this, and I responded to it. I began posting here in early 2003, but I didn't register as a member until February 17th of 2004.

Written By: Bobo on 10/02/08 at 11:42 am

Yep, I assumed you would see the PM before reading the thread, so I sent the PM at the same time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/08 at 2:25 pm

Ahem...

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/02/08 at 3:39 pm

Yes. Can you remember what you were called ? Oh ... I think it must be April Fools today ^  :-X

Doesn't time fly ! ???

;)

How-Hard?

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/02/08 at 4:02 pm

How-Hard?

Yeah ? Well that's funny. The quote ( 6 above ^ ) .... is from the same dude !    :o

Written By: Howard on 10/02/08 at 4:05 pm

Yeah ? Well that's funny. The quote ( 6 above ^ ) .... is from the same dude !   8):o

Now I remember. ;D

Written By: Bobo on 10/02/08 at 4:05 pm

Ahem...

Cat

And you, Cat!

Written By: Howard on 10/02/08 at 4:08 pm

I remember that picture of me as a monkey. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/08 at 4:30 pm

And you, Cat!

That's better.  ;)

I remember switching from the old board to the new back in 2004. That was longest 3 days of my life.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/02/08 at 4:35 pm

That's better.  ;)

I remember switching from the old board to the new back in 2004. That was longest 3 days of my life.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

As I recall, it was a week-long process. The old one crashed on April 15, 2004...and the new one was finally ready on April 21, 2004. 8)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/02/08 at 5:53 pm

Remember when Langdon was here and would torment all the kids asking questions about the 80's for homework?  I miss her, she was a blast. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/08 at 5:58 pm

Whatever happen to Gabble Ratchet? He would post some off the wall shi...oops, stuff.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tam on 10/02/08 at 6:12 pm

Remember when Langdon was here and would torment all the kids asking questions about the 80's for homework?  I miss her, she was a blast. ;D

Speaking of All The Kids.....

Remember when I replied on some thread about the dang kids running rampant on the boards?
Man, Apricot even started an entire thread about my post!!!

I can never find that stupid thing either!!! ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/08 at 8:19 pm

I remember that picture of me as a monkey. ;D

You mean the one you currently use as your avatar?

OH ... SNAP!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Written By: Howard on 10/03/08 at 6:55 am

That's better.  ;)

Cat

I remember when the boards crashed too and I think it was down for a few days I believe.

Written By: karen on 10/03/08 at 7:47 am

Whatever happen to Gabble Ratchet? He would post some off the wall shi...oops, stuff.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I think he felt his humour wasn't appreciated.  :-\\

Written By: karen on 10/03/08 at 7:48 am

Speaking of All The Kids.....

Remember when I replied on some thread about the dang kids running rampant on the boards?
Man, Apricot even started an entire thread about my post!!!

I can never find that stupid thing either!!! ;D ;D

I bet it's buried somewhere in PPP.  I was thinking about posting something about Apricot/Andrew/Tubeway General

Written By: Tam on 10/03/08 at 10:46 am

I bet it's buried somewhere in PPP.  I was thinking about posting something about Apricot/Andrew/Tubeway General

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=14898.0

A little angel sent it my way!

Keeping in mind, I wasn't anywhere near being a moderator when all this went down.
I miss Apricot! He was among the few that could actually carry a conversation/debate without getting personal. 8)

Written By: nally on 10/03/08 at 2:40 pm

I remember when the boards crashed too and I think it was down for a few days I believe.

Yes, I mentioned above that it was a week-long process.

As I recall, it was a week-long process. The old one crashed on April 15, 2004...and the new one was finally ready on April 21, 2004. 8)

Written By: Midas on 10/03/08 at 3:08 pm

Cat

Ah yes, the good ol' days.  :D  Fun times.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/03/08 at 3:37 pm

I remember most of the people mentioned, as I've been here since 1999...

Anyone else remember Wicked Lester and goldie?  And what about crazydon?  :)

I miss Luke (FussBudgetVanPelt) and Zella...they were fun to hang out with!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/08 at 4:48 pm

Wicked Lester & Goldie got married shortly before Carlos & I did. And it was when they announced their engagement that CrazyDon got the boot because of something he said about it-and Goldie's sister (Southern Spitfire) raised holy hell. (And there were other things that exploded on the board shortly after that, too).

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 10/03/08 at 6:08 pm

CrazyDon didn't have much of a filter, did he? 

Written By: Howard on 10/03/08 at 6:48 pm

CrazyDon didn't have much of a filter, did he? 

Oh yeah I remember him.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/08 at 10:58 pm

You mean the one you currently use as your avatar?

OH ... SNAP!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Wouldn't that be a monkey in street clothes. ;D

You're such a bad influence on me. ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/08 at 5:43 am

Wouldn't that be a monkey in street clothes. ;D

You're such a bad influence on me. ::)

I'm not a monkey in street clothes. ;D

Written By: NbC on 10/04/08 at 6:41 am

;D

Written By: karen on 10/04/08 at 9:29 am

I remember that.

And I miss those two as well

Written By: Howard on 10/04/08 at 2:37 pm

I remember when I was banned from the board.

Written By: Tam on 10/04/08 at 11:18 pm

I remember when I was banned from the board.

Howard,
You weren't banned per se.
It was more like you were grounded and thus weren't allowed to access the boards.
I have to say though that you probably wouldn't have been if it hadn't been for other influences.

Chucky made it last for what? Like a month wasn't it?

Written By: Howard on 10/05/08 at 5:47 am

Howard,
You weren't banned per se.
It was more like you were grounded and thus weren't allowed to access the boards.
I have to say though that you probably wouldn't have been if it hadn't been for other influences.

Chucky made it last for what? Like a month wasn't it?

I know and I've learned my lesson. :(

Written By: nally on 10/05/08 at 5:40 pm

FussBudget still comes around...but Zella hasn't been here in like forever! :o :-[ I periodically exchanged words with them; they were cool folks.

Wicked Lester and goldie must've been from the old board, as well as crazydon (who I think still hangs out on Amiright).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/08 at 6:59 pm

One of the funniest stories told I think it was by Whistledog about the fact that he noticed that his neighbor had the same t.v. that he did and would stand outside with his remote control and change their channels.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 10/05/08 at 8:33 pm

One of the funniest stories told I think it was by Whistledog about the fact that he noticed that his neighbor had the same t.v. that he did and would stand outside with his remote control and change their channels.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

They kept their curtains open, so from the street, you could see them watching TV.  Most TV remotes are compatible with other TVs of the same brand, and I just happened to noticed they had a JVC, the same as mine, so being the devious bastard that I am, I ran home, grabbed my remote and as I stood there outside on the sidewalk, I was able to change the channels on their TV http://cache.hyves-static.net/images/smilies/default/smiley_devil.gif

I did this over the course of a couple of nights, and I guess they eventually thought their TV was broken because one night as I was coming home, I saw a Leon's truck in their driveway and the delivery guys were hauling what looked like a brand new TV in their house http://www.pure80schat.co.uk/forum/Smileys/smilies_smf-2/2funny.gif

Written By: Howard on 10/06/08 at 6:53 am

They kept their curtains open, so from the street, you could see them watching TV.  Most TV remotes are compatible with other TVs of the same brand, and I just happened to noticed they had a JVC, the same as mine, so being the devious bastard that I am, I ran home, grabbed my remote and as I stood there outside on the sidewalk, I was able to change the channels on their TV http://cache.hyves-static.net/images/smilies/default/smiley_devil.gif

I did this over the course of a couple of nights, and I guess they eventually thought their TV was broken because one night as I was coming home, I saw a Leon's truck in their driveway and the delivery guys were hauling what looked like a brand new TV in their house http://www.pure80schat.co.uk/forum/Smileys/smilies_smf-2/2funny.gif

Did they find out you were changing the channels?

Written By: Gis on 10/06/08 at 7:01 am

FussBudget still comes around...but Zella hasn't been here in like forever! :o :-[ I periodically exchanged words with them; they were cool folks.

Wicked Lester and goldie must've been from the old board, as well as crazydon (who I think still hangs out on Amiright).
I used to be friends with Goldie but we lost touch years ago.  :(

'Ahm' Bobo from me too!

Written By: Howard on 10/06/08 at 7:02 am

Goldie I haven't seen in ages.

Written By: karen on 10/06/08 at 8:12 am

I agree with Cat - this is a v funny story.  My family think so too!

Written By: nally on 10/06/08 at 4:02 pm

I used to be friends with Goldie but we lost touch years ago.  :(

'Ahm' Bobo from me too!

that's a shame :-\\ I admit having lost touch with various people over the years too.

Goldie I haven't seen in ages.

That's because she went bye bye a while ago, sometime around 2004/05. :(

Written By: Step-chan on 10/06/08 at 6:23 pm

I remember him well.  He ripped into me big time because I was listening to 'I Don't Like Mondays' by The Boomtown Rats in the "What 80s song are you listening to" thread

I've been trying to find that thread so I could see what he said.

I've went through 20-something pages now and still haven't seen it.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/08 at 6:44 pm

I remember when Jiminy caused trouble on here years ago. ;D

Written By: nally on 10/06/08 at 10:49 pm

Yeah I remember you told me about that. Seemed rather rude of him. >:(

I've been trying to find that thread so I could see what he said.

I've went through 20-something pages now and still haven't seen it.

It was probably two or three years ago; that thread is kinda long so the response in question might take awhile to find. I'm thinking it was probably 2006 because that's when "..." really started to get on people's nerves.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/07/08 at 12:58 am

It was probably two or three years ago; that thread is kinda long so the response in question might take awhile to find. I'm thinking it was probably 2006 because that's when "..." really started to get on people's nerves.

I thought it might have been somewhat more recent.

I know that the any decade tends to stay near the top(for reasons due to flexibility).

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/08 at 1:24 am

I agree with Cat - this is a v funny story.  My family think so too!

...now, just suppose whistledog (or you, or Cat, or anyone reading this) were to buy one of these kits for a tv-b-gone, (or the pre-built version) and were to discreetly mount it in one's clothing, and go for a casual stroll through the TV aisle of your local department store...

Written By: Howard on 10/07/08 at 7:11 am

I remember when Erin disguised herself as my ex. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/07/08 at 7:14 am

I remember when Erin disguised herself as my ex. ;D

See ... there WAS harmless fun to be had .... when we could assume other guises !    8)

Written By: Howard on 10/07/08 at 7:22 am

See ... there WAS harmless fun to be had .... when we could assume other guises !    8)

and I thought Robin was online. ;D

Written By: nally on 10/07/08 at 10:20 am

I thought it might have been somewhat more recent.

well maybe it could've been last year; I just know that I haven't seen that Ellipsis dude recently at all, although maybe he might still be lurking somewhere.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/08 at 2:59 pm

well maybe it could've been last year; I just know that I haven't seen that Ellipsis dude recently at all, although maybe he might still be lurking somewhere.

That's the guy with the "." sign? ???

Written By: nally on 10/07/08 at 6:19 pm

That's the guy with the "." sign? ???

Yeah, he used three periods; that's called an ellipsis. You remember him too?

Written By: Howard on 10/07/08 at 10:24 pm

Yeah, he used three periods; that's called an ellipsis. You remember him too?

From a couple of years ago.

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/08 at 9:58 am

One that still makes me laugh was this which I posted ...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=24529.0

Written By: Tam on 10/09/08 at 11:37 am

Jason - you had me almost peeing my pants AGAIN!!! ;D

I forgot all about that thread!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/08 at 11:40 am

It just isn't a message board reminiscing thread without mentioning the kid who wanted money to buy an ipod and the Tom Cruise thread.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/09/08 at 7:10 pm

It just isn't a message board reminiscing thread without mentioning the kid who wanted money to buy an ipod and the Tom Cruise thread.

Cat

There was a Tom Cruise thread? ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/08 at 9:50 pm

Jason - you had me almost peeing my pants AGAIN!!! ;D

I forgot all about that thread!!

It still cracks me up too.  The guy only wanted advice on a car body kit, and he ends up getting requests for pictures of his sasquatch arm ;D

What's even funnier is the thread I started about the threadjack ended up getting threadjacked when Howard went off topic ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/10/08 at 6:03 am

It still cracks me up too.  The guy only wanted advice on a car body kit, and he ends up getting requests for pictures of his sasquatch arm ;D

What's even funnier is the thread I started about the threadjack ended up getting threadjacked when Howard went off topic ;D

Oh Yeah,I remember that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/08 at 6:41 am

Oh Yeah,I remember that.
That was not your arm Howard?

Written By: Howard on 10/10/08 at 3:56 pm

That was not your arm Howard?

I don't even remember the year I got offtopic.  ???

Written By: nally on 10/13/08 at 7:59 pm

yeah, those were nice. But no one seems to wanna use flashchat anymore, and I don't know why. :-\\ I remember when it was temporarily uninstalled due to a January 2007 hacking attempt, but since it was reinstalled, not very many people have wanted to use it. Maybe it's because there's no longer a list in the top right corner that displays the people's names?

And before that, we had a "chatty" system where anyone could type in any name; by default we were given "Guest" names with a 4-digit number. I remember that one was filled with tons of lurkers.

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/08 at 8:01 pm

And before that, we had a "chatty" system where anyone could type in any name; by default we were given "Guest" names with a 4-digit number. I remember that one was filled with tons of lurkers.

Poop Pants

Written By: nally on 10/13/08 at 8:02 pm

Poop Pants

and Stinky Bum?

I think I saw Ellipsis in there on an occasion or two. ::) And Robocop

Written By: gibbo on 10/13/08 at 8:07 pm

He got more than he bargained for........hilarious!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/14/08 at 7:21 am

and Stinky Bum?

I think I saw Ellipsis in there on an occasion or two. ::) And Robocop

is he gone again?

Written By: nally on 10/14/08 at 9:29 am

is he gone again?

Who, Robocop? I hope so.

I was talking about the old chatty system, which was in place from late 2005 through April/May 2006.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/08 at 4:25 pm

Who, Robocop? I hope so.

I was talking about the old chatty system, which was in place from late 2005 through April/May 2006.

Yeah I remember when I used to join late night and talk to people on there.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/14/08 at 8:32 pm

Cat

I remember the kid who wanted everyone to chip in to buy him an iPod.  Strange duck.

Written By: nally on 10/14/08 at 11:19 pm

Yeah I remember when I used to join late night and talk to people on there.

yes, I remember you would come in on various occasions. But still, anybody could type in any name so you couldn't really know for sure if the actual person was there.

Written By: Howard on 10/15/08 at 6:40 am

yes, I remember you would come in on various occasions. But still, anybody could type in any name so you couldn't really know for sure if the actual person was there.

I thnk it was about 11pm when I was on Flashchat.

Written By: nally on 10/15/08 at 1:47 pm

I thnk it was about 11pm when I was on Flashchat.

Yeah...with Flashchat, we definitely know for sure who's in, because it's for members only. I liked chatting with everyone in Flashchat back in the day......as said above, I miss the conversations we used to have in there. :-\\

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/15/08 at 2:51 pm

yeah, those were nice. But no one seems to wanna use flashchat anymore, and I don't know why. :-\\ I remember when it was temporarily uninstalled due to a January 2007 hacking attempt, but since it was reinstalled, not very many people have wanted to use it. Maybe it's because there's no longer a list in the top right corner that displays the people's names?

There's a inthe00s chatroom??? You must be kidding :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/08 at 3:05 pm

There's a inthe00s chatroom??? You must be kidding :o

Yup-if you look at the top of the page where it says "key stats", it will say Flashchat. No one uses it anymore.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/15/08 at 3:08 pm

Yup-if you look at the top of the page where it says "key stats", it will say Flashchat. No one uses it anymore.

Cat

I've tried a couple of times but it was a bit lonely.

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/15/08 at 3:14 pm

Ah ah i'm there Philip got out as soon as i got in ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/08 at 3:15 pm

Ah ah i'm there Philip got out as soon as i got in ;D
Nothing was happening, no one was there, so I left.

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/15/08 at 3:20 pm

Nothing was happening, no one was there, so I left.

I see. Too bad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/08 at 3:32 pm

I see. Too bad.
I now have to be on the laptop, and on that I keep website visits to the minimal

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/15/08 at 3:38 pm

I now have to be on the laptop, and on that I keep website visits to the minimal

It's all good,Philip. You don't need to explain,i didn't find it rude or anything ;)

Written By: nally on 10/15/08 at 6:13 pm

I've tried a couple of times but it was a bit lonely.

I can relate, everytime I go in there it seems lonely too, so I just leave. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/15/08 at 6:47 pm

Yeah...with Flashchat, we definitely know for sure who's in, because it's for members only. I liked chatting with everyone in Flashchat back in the day......as said above, I miss the conversations we used to have in there. :-\\

We can still have those conversations if we wanted to.

Written By: nally on 10/23/08 at 4:11 pm

We can still have those conversations if we wanted to.

I think part of the problem is that the Flashchat thingy doesn't list who's in there at the moment, only the number of users in there. Still, I'd like for us to go back in there at some point

Written By: Midas on 10/23/08 at 4:32 pm

I remembers them! :D  I met goldie's sister (youngcricket) 4 years ago.  I've talked to Fuss and Zella on the phone in the past but it's been awhile.  They were fun to hang out with and read their posts.  Anyone who can make me spit my drink with laughter while reading something they wrote is OK in my book :D

Written By: Howard on 10/23/08 at 7:08 pm

I think part of the problem is that the Flashchat thingy doesn't list who's in there at the moment, only the number of users in there. Still, I'd like for us to go back in there at some point

That would be a good idea.

Written By: Midas on 11/13/08 at 9:00 am

Howard used to want to put cellphones in the toaster while jammin' to Billy Ocean's "Nights (Feel Like Getting Down)" or something.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/08 at 3:40 pm

Howard used to want to put cellphones in the toaster while jammin' to Billy Ocean's "Nights (Feel Like Getting Down)" or something.

Yeah,good times! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/08 at 6:25 am

Which did you get repaired first?

Written By: Howard on 11/14/08 at 7:04 am

Which did you get repaired first?

The Nokia.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/08 at 7:10 am

The Nokia.
Was it worth repairing the toaster?

Written By: Howard on 11/14/08 at 7:27 pm

Was it worth repairing the toaster?

No you don't get it toasting phones was a joke,I wasn't repairing a toaster. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 5:56 am

No you don't get it toasting phones was a joke,I wasn't repairing a toaster. ;D
So you had to buy a new one?

Written By: Howard on 11/17/08 at 6:10 am

So you had to buy a new one?

No,It was fixed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 10:13 am

No,It was fixed.
You were soon able to have toast.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/08 at 5:05 pm

You were soon able to have toast.

Then later I could toast my phone.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/08 at 5:38 am

Then later I could toast my phone.  ;D
Keep the two items in separate rooms.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/08 at 7:06 am

Keep the two items in separate rooms.

the toaster and the phone?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/08 at 5:41 pm

the toaster and the phone?
Yes, never answer the phone in the kitchen again

Written By: nally on 11/19/08 at 12:03 pm

Remember when:

The new member spammed our inboxes with his Asian Penis pictures and comments!
That was freakin' hilarious, mind you probably a pain for Chucky write a prgm to delete them from our inboxes.

Good times, good times! 8)

I do sorta remember an incident of that nature, but the spammer must've hit us when I wasn't on. Cuz when I got back, I found out about it from an announcement on Penguin News, and there was a brief discrepancy in my total number of pm's. Eventually it was taken care of.

On a similar note, there was a sicko spammer in February of '05 who spammed just about all the threads with obscene pictures; Chucky took care of him fast. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/19/08 at 2:05 pm

On a similar note, there was a sicko spammer in February of '05 who spammed just about all the threads with obscene pictures; Chucky took care of him fast.

Yeah,I remember that one.

Written By: Jessica on 11/19/08 at 2:31 pm

So while I was sitting on the toilet right now (I do my best thinking in the bathroom), I realized that I have known Rice for six years, we've been together for five, and we've been married for almost four.

Time flies when you're having fun. :D

Written By: Howard on 11/19/08 at 2:32 pm

So while I was sitting on the toilet right now (I do my best thinking in the bathroom), I realized that I have known Rice for six years, we've been together for five, and we've been married for almost four.

congratulations Jessica.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/08 at 2:42 pm

So, you think about your husband when your sitting on the toilet? Is that some sort of Freudian issue there?  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobo on 11/19/08 at 3:06 pm

So, you think about your husband when your sitting on the toilet? Is that some sort of Freudian issue there?  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

No no, that's if you think about his mother...

Edit: ..or is that Oedipus?

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/19/08 at 4:03 pm

You had enough,leave him now Jess. I'll love you more :-*

Written By: Howard on 11/20/08 at 7:17 am

posters posed as somebody else? ;D

Written By: Jessica on 11/20/08 at 9:45 am

You had enough,leave him now Jess. I'll love you more :-*

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: nally on 11/22/08 at 5:21 pm

posters posed as somebody else? ;D

Yes...I remember there were some Rubixgirl impersonators on September 20th of 2005. That was due to a multitude guests viewing the real rubixgirl's profile.

Also in the old chatty, some of our regulars were posting as others.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/08 at 7:42 pm

Yes...I remember there were some Rubixgirl impersonators on September 20th of 2005. That was due to a multitude guests viewing the real rubixgirl's profile.

Also in the old chatty, some of our regulars were posting as others.

I think it was meant as a joke.

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/08 at 12:19 am

Remember bigrene?

It's kind of sketchy how she came to be, but as I recall, she would quote old posts (some like 2 years ago) she disagreed on, and would pretty much call that person stupid.  Then she would post as a guest, and quote a post she'd already made, which I still never understood the logic behind that.  I don't think she was playing with a full deck

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/08 at 12:30 am

Remember bigrene?

It's kind of sketchy how she came to be, but as I recall, she would quote old posts (some like 2 years ago) she disagreed on, and would pretty much call that person stupid.  Then she would post as a guest, and quote a post she'd already made, which I still never understood the logic behind that.  I don't think she was playing with a full deck

There are a lot of those people out there.  I especially loved it when people had multiple accounts and tried to act like they had support when they were acting like f*cking buttheads.

Ah, the good old days......

Written By: Howard on 11/27/08 at 5:44 am

Remember bigrene?

I remember her,She was weird.

Written By: Midas on 12/01/08 at 10:05 am

Crap :D That means I've known you about that long too ;D

Written By: Jessica on 12/01/08 at 10:15 am

Crap :D That means I've known you about that long too ;D

If not longer.  We used to post a hella long time ago on the old old board.  I need to contemplate this more.

*heads to toilet*

;D

Written By: Howard on 12/01/08 at 4:57 pm

remember when I first started 7 years ago?

Written By: Midas on 12/01/08 at 5:06 pm

remember when I first started 7 years ago?

Yeah I pictured you jammin to oldies down the streets of NYC wanting to toast cellphones. :D

Written By: Howard on 12/01/08 at 5:43 pm

Yeah I pictured you jammin to oldies down the streets of NYC wanting to toast cellphones. :D

Oh Yeah,good times. O0

Written By: whistledog on 03/15/11 at 12:32 am

Remember 'The Many Faces of Howard'?

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8771/howardheadroomit4.png

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3771/villagepeople4qw7.pnghttp://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7787/villagepeople1xb0.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2585/villagepeople2ga4.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8995/villagepeople3zl9.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8608/villagepeople5uo3.png

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/shaggy.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/daphne.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/velma.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/fred.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5339/dukesofhoward1kk3.pnghttp://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6584/dukesofhoward3tc4.png

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Jetson.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Elroy.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Judy.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Jane.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/750/austinhowardsdu9.png

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4935/inspectorgadgethowardxd5.png

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/600/ricehoward3lm5.pnghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9853/ricehoward2dx8.pnghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5060/ricehoward1be1.png

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/RandyHoward.gif

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/IncredibleHoward2.gif

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/842/howardrio.png

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/11 at 1:48 am

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3771/villagepeople4qw7.pnghttp://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7787/villagepeople1xb0.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2585/villagepeople2ga4.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8995/villagepeople3zl9.pnghttp://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8608/villagepeople5uo3.png

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/shaggy.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/daphne.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/velma.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/fred.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5339/dukesofhoward1kk3.pnghttp://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6584/dukesofhoward3tc4.png

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Jetson.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Elroy.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Judy.jpghttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Jane.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/600/ricehoward3lm5.pnghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9853/ricehoward2dx8.pnghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5060/ricehoward1be1.png

My word, there was many!

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/15/11 at 6:45 am

LMAO - I haven't seen those... there have been a few others I have seen, but not those.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/11 at 6:51 am

There should be new faces but I have to try to update my photo whenever I can.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/15/11 at 10:05 am

There should be new faces but I have to try to update my photo whenever I can.

Wow you're multifaceted!  :(

Written By: Howard on 03/15/11 at 7:23 pm

Wow you're multifaceted!  :(

I like em all. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 04/02/11 at 10:43 pm

Hmm... most of my favorite memories seem to involve us being up to no good.

One of my favorites was Jeff's reaction to his post count being cut down just after he posted his "50000th Post" celebration thread :)

Written By: nally on 04/02/11 at 10:46 pm

One of my favorites was Jeff's reaction to his post count being cut down just after he posted his "50000th Post" celebration thread :)

Yes, you'd talked about that in another thread ("Funniest moments", I think) and I mentioned how I had to go investigate why it had unexpectedly got reduced. But I did regain the milestone the very next day and I never looked back.

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/11 at 10:51 pm

Here's one that still makes me chuckle.  Not every post in it was by "you know who" ...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=22086.0

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/11 at 10:53 pm

Also, remember TarzSp, Wkm82 and 5*19*86?

They all got banned for similar behaviour.  I used to refer to them as the "Banned of Brothers". 

Written By: nally on 04/02/11 at 11:05 pm

Here's one that still makes me chuckle.  Not every post in it was by "you know who" ...

That one was hilarious, to some extent.

Written By: Henk on 04/03/11 at 12:50 am

Ah, I remember that... Good times good times. ::) :-X

Written By: Howard on 04/03/11 at 6:52 am

Sister Morphine? I didn't like her.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/03/11 at 6:53 am

I talked about that certain someone almost all the time? ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/11 at 11:36 am

I talked about that certain someone almost all the time? ;D

Robocop?

Written By: nally on 04/03/11 at 12:21 pm

Robocop?

...insert number here? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/11 at 12:23 pm

...insert number here? ;D
Don't remind us.

Written By: nally on 04/03/11 at 12:24 pm

Don't remind us.

Of course not. :-X

Written By: Howard on 04/03/11 at 1:21 pm

Robocop?

someone who I was with almost every Sunday.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/11 at 1:37 pm

someone who I was with almost every Sunday.  ::)

Sir Billzy?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/03/11 at 1:40 pm

Sir Billzy?

Cat

I'm not mentioning this girl I was with anymore.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/03/11 at 1:51 pm

You just did.

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/03/11 at 4:38 pm

Kamika/Tamika?

Written By: Howard on 04/04/11 at 7:02 am

Kamika/Tamika?

No,that was a co-worker from the old Pathmark,this was someone who cheated on me through a dating web site.

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/11 at 11:45 pm

Sir Bilzy is a girl?

Written By: gibbo on 04/04/11 at 11:50 pm

Sir Bilzy is a girl?

Is that a statement ... or a question?  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/04/11 at 11:56 pm

Is that a statement ... or a question?  ;D

Maybe a bit of both.  It would make it easier for Howard :o ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/05/11 at 7:09 am

Sir Bilzy is a girl?

never mind!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/11 at 7:10 am

Maybe a bit of both.  It would make it easier for Howard :o ;D

What's this have to do with Billzy?  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 04/05/11 at 11:13 pm

What's this have to with Billzy?  ::)

I dunno .. you tell us? :o

Written By: gibbo on 04/05/11 at 11:18 pm

What's this have to with Billzy?  ::)

Sooo .... it doesn't matter to you if Sir Billzy is a boy or a girl then?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/06/11 at 7:07 am

I dunno .. you tell us? :o

I don't know and I don't care!  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/06/11 at 7:08 am

Sooo .... it doesn't matter to you if Sir Billzy is a boy or a girl then?  ::)

Ok let's move on please!!!  ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 04/12/11 at 10:34 pm

I missed a few of those. :D

Written By: Howard on 04/13/11 at 7:03 am

I missed a few of those. :D

I love em all.  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 04/13/11 at 10:09 am

The Shaggy one is my favorite.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/15/11 at 12:53 am

Even though it's five years old and half the Photoshops have vanished, the original is still up, so I'm just gonna leave this here

Written By: Howard on 04/15/11 at 6:58 am

Even though it's five years old and half the Photoshops have vanished, the original is still up, so I'm just gonna leave this here

It's a girl not a bird. ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/15/11 at 7:09 am

I love those.  Heck I love most any type of photoshop thread.  I should "read" more of them.  One of my faves are from worth1000.com.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/12 at 12:30 pm

BAHAHAHA. Probably your best idea ever.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/12 at 12:33 pm

Kamika/Tamika?

Oh man, I missed a whole saga of Howard's dating life!?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/12 at 12:35 pm

Of course there is is a new avatar for Howard now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/12 at 12:35 pm

You do have a lot to catch up on.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/12 at 12:42 pm

Does this mean a second thread for Howard's face?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/12 at 12:45 pm

Not yet....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/12 at 12:54 pm

With a bunny ear.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/12 at 1:10 pm

Cat
http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_74.png

This one.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/12 at 3:53 pm

I don't miss my dating life, the women who I dated in the past are long gone all out of my life so the hell with them It's time for me to move on and I did a long time ago but maybe I'll date in the future I don't know yet.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/12 at 3:55 pm

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/07/12 at 9:29 pm

Let me contribute

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/christmasstoryhoward-1.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/08/12 at 4:36 pm

Let me contribute

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/christmasstoryhoward-1.jpg

;D HA!

Written By: nally on 01/08/12 at 8:49 pm

;D HA!

Interesting!

I wonder if his current picture could be made with the disguises that were used for his old picture (as quoted on the previous page)?

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/08/12 at 11:02 pm

I don't miss my dating life, the women who I dated in the past are long gone all out of my life so the hell with them It's time for me to move on and I did a long time ago but maybe I'll date in the future I don't know yet.

That's a good attitude.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/12 at 7:02 am

Interesting!

I wonder if his current picture could be made with the disguises that were used for his old picture (as quoted on the previous page)?

sure go right ahead.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/12 at 1:32 pm

Let me contribute

We may have to start calling Howard "Harvey" instead? http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/grin.gif

Written By: nally on 01/09/12 at 2:03 pm

sure go right ahead.

I would, but I don't know how to use photoshop. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/09/12 at 8:02 pm

We may have to start calling Howard "Harvey" instead? http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/easter/grin.gif

My father used to call me Harvey.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/10/12 at 12:31 am

My father used to call me Harvey.

Tenchi Muyo + Weird Al Yankovic, Harvey the Wonder Hamster:

VweDCf8uV4Q

Before there were PMVs, there were AMVs. 

And going further back than AMVs, back in the day before color TV existed, there was these vicious beasts... in these deep crevasses. And they sure looked like pumas bunnies.

Boil this thread on down, boy, turn, turn, the hotcakes brown, only song my Grandma did sing was "Boil that thread on down".

Written By: Howard on 01/10/12 at 6:56 am

Remember when there used to be fights all the time on here?

Written By: Henk on 01/10/12 at 9:55 am

Remember when there used to be fights all the time on here?

Why would I want to remember..? :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/10/12 at 10:54 am

Let me contribute

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.
LOLOLOL!!!  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/15/12 at 11:40 pm

Remember when Phillip Eno got enough posts to be considered a geek?

And Justin's maniacal exit?

Written By: Howard on 01/16/12 at 7:05 am

Remember The Howard Fun Club?

Written By: nally on 01/16/12 at 2:37 pm

Remember The Howard Fun Club?

Isn't that still around?

Written By: Howard on 01/17/12 at 7:04 am

Isn't that still around?

I bumped it up somewhere.

Written By: karen on 01/17/12 at 10:04 am

I bumped it up somewhere.

immediately after your previous post in this thread I suspect

Written By: whistledog on 01/10/13 at 11:43 pm

I was watching something on TV, and I heard the phrase "va-va-voom" and it made me remember something that I'd forgotten about!

Remember that girl named Andria?  She threatened to report me for harassement after I made what I thought was a nice comment towards her picture.  She then went on about her perfect appearance, and then made it clear that she was off the market, and threatened to report people if they made any comments towards her that she didn't like

She was looney tunes :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/13 at 11:48 am

I was watching something on TV, and I heard the phrase "va-va-voom" and it made me remember something that I'd forgotten about!

Remember that girl named Andria?  She threatened to report me for harassement after I made what I thought was a nice comment towards her picture.  She then went on about her perfect appearance, and then made it clear that she was off the market, and threatened to report people if they made any comments towards her that she didn't like

She was looney tunes :D

Yeah, we have had our share of looney tunes.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/12/13 at 6:31 pm

Let me contribute

Ok, is it just me or does it look like Howard's dressed up like a pink Cadillac in that pic?

Written By: Howard on 01/12/13 at 7:58 pm

Ok, is it just me or does it look like Howard's dressed up like a pink Cadillac in that pic?

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/12/13 at 8:27 pm

Howard what have they done to you! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/13 at 11:46 pm

The things we did to Howard, I could've almost made it a quiz:  "Name That Howard!" ...

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3230/howardwendyhq8.png http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6919/mrthowardzt3.png http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/4670/howardthehorribleno5.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/betty.jpghttp://img489.imageshack.us/img489/4452/boygeorgehowarddm8.png http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8771/howardheadroomit4.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/shaggy.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/daphne.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/velma.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/fred.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Jetson.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Elroy.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Judy.jpg http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Jane.jpg http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/750/austinhowardsdu9.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/Pinocchio.jpg http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7995/howardwaldonw6.png http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3710/howardvaughnix8.png http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1229/electrohowardvg0.png http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7865/damehowardck0.png http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/WKRP-3.jpg http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4935/inspectorgadgethowardxd5.png http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/CapnHoward.jpg http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7328/ponchchipsga7.png http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9157/lettermanhowardps7.png http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/RandyHoward.gif http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/HowardGarrett.jpg http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1958/peeweehowardpz5.png http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/ShaggyDog.gif http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/TeenWolf.gif http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/IncredibleHoward.gif http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/Two-Face.jpg http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/plaqueattackcan/Howard-Limahl.jpg http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5351/howard1ui7.png http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5251/howardbrewsterwx7.png

Written By: nally on 01/13/13 at 12:45 am

^ I remember all of those. :D

Written By: Howard on 01/13/13 at 3:57 pm

Howard what have they done to you! ;D

They've been doing that to me for 11 years so I'm used to it by now.

Written By: nally on 01/14/13 at 12:14 am

They've been doing that to me for 11 years so I'm used to it by now.

Do you think any similar creations could be done with your newer picture?

Written By: Howard on 01/14/13 at 7:12 am

Do you think any similar creations could be done with your newer picture?

They could try.

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/14/13 at 9:21 am

They could try.

..as the Wendy's girl lol :D :D

Written By: nally on 01/14/13 at 11:09 am

They could try.

Like I've said before, I would try to do it myself, but I don't know how to use Photoshop.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/13 at 1:12 pm

..as the Wendy's girl lol :D :D

something other than The Wendy's girl.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/13 at 9:07 pm

When Jacks and I made alot of those avatars, we didn't use photoshop.  We used Windows Paintbrush

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4864/whlkp3.png

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/13 at 10:00 pm

What was the guy's name, Squirrel Nut or something?  He once had a thread, "Who else here misses C. Everett Koop?"

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/13 at 10:05 pm

^ AndrewTalkingWalnut

Written By: Howard on 01/15/13 at 8:15 am

When Jacks and I made alot of those avatars, we didn't use photoshop.  We used Windows Paintbrush

HA! good one.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/15/13 at 8:16 am

^ AndrewTalkingWalnut

I remember that guy.

Written By: wildcard on 01/15/13 at 12:32 pm

you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berserk??

Written By: Howard on 01/15/13 at 2:41 pm

Remember the first person who started The Howard Fun Club?

Written By: nally on 01/15/13 at 3:22 pm

Ah, thanks for the info. Again, another graphics program that I don't really know much about, but I could learn.

And that was a funny pic too. :D

Written By: nally on 01/15/13 at 3:23 pm

^ AndrewTalkingWalnut

I remember that guy.

As do I; he was around mostly in 2004.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/13 at 5:16 pm

you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berserk??

But then you left me anyhow and then the days got worse & worse and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/15/13 at 9:22 pm

But then you left me anyhow and then the days got worse & worse and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind.

Cat

AND

They're coming to take me away, ha ha
They're coming to take me away, ho ho hee hee ha ha
to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/13 at 9:58 pm

^ AndrewTalkingWalnut

Yeah, that's the guy.  He was squirrely and nutty.  Amusing in small doses, but he never gave you small doses!

I miss my friend AbsolutelyVile from Winnipeg.  R.I.P.
:\'(

Written By: whistledog on 01/15/13 at 11:28 pm

She passed away ??

Written By: nally on 01/16/13 at 12:04 am

She passed away ??

That's news to me.

I know she'd been a member here in 2004 and early 2005 before deciding to cancel her account. I don't know what became of her after that, altho some people on here had been in touch with her (or at least I thought...).

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/16/13 at 1:57 am

Yeah, that's the guy.  He was squirrely and nutty.  Amusing in small doses, but he never gave you small doses!

/salute.  Vague memories of the nickname. 

One of the weirder social changes to come about as the result of the 'net is you never know who left a site because they lost interest, or who left a site because they literally dropped out of existence, and nobody they knew was aware of all of their message board personae.

Written By: Henk on 01/16/13 at 5:30 am

One of the weirder social changes to come about as the result of the 'net is you never know who left a site because they lost interest, or who left a site because they literally dropped out of existence, and nobody they knew was aware of all of their message board personae.

Ain't that the truth!

I remember two former members that posted prolifically, and then disappeared completely: tokjct and RobertK.
I know tokjct was the oldest member around at the time (or at least he claimed to be), so for all I know he could be dead - but there's no way of knowing.
RobertK used to post in the quizzes section. His quizzes were hard, but great fun. And then one day he disappeared, never to be heard of again. :-\\

And whatever happened to MERV SKILTON and Miss Tainted, to name but a few?

Written By: Howard on 01/16/13 at 7:46 am

As do I; he was around mostly in 2004.

I think he left after that incident.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/13 at 7:48 am

She passed away ??

I remember her but when did she pass away?  ???

Written By: nally on 01/16/13 at 10:53 am

I think he left after that incident.

No, he got banned. Same for when he re-registered under a couple of different names.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/13 at 11:09 am

She passed away ??

Her husband came on in 2010 and told me about it in a PM. I didn't announce it on the board because I figured if he wanted it announced, he would have done it. I was trying to respect what I thought would be his wishes. He hadn't been on since. I have told a couple of people via PMs. She died from Peritonitis.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/16/13 at 1:12 pm

Her husband came on in 2010 and told me about it in a PM. I didn't announce it on the board because I figured if he wanted it announced, he would have done it. I was trying to respect what I thought would be his wishes. He hadn't been on since. I have told a couple of people via PMs. She died from Peritonitis.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

I'm sorry about the loss.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/16/13 at 1:13 pm

There was a woman on here years ago who was always angry and hated most people?  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/13 at 1:14 pm

You PM'd me when I inquired about her.  I didn't announce it on the board at the time for the same reason. 

Tara had a terrible case of spina bifida.  She was wheelchair bound with numerous physical challenges.  She was very brave and functioned remarkably well.  She had a supportive husband and built a good life for herself.  She was whip smart and witty too.  Her favorite band was Ultravox and me being a big fan of Ultravox too we became fast friends.  We were both on an Ultravox fan message board as well

Tara left the boards after some really bad blood with a certain Rock 'n' Roll Fan.  She and her husband founded their own board -- "Children of the Revolution" I think it was called -- but they couldn't make a go of it.  Then I lost track of her. I hoped she would return, but then I guess the medical complications arose and she passed away.  I'm sure she's in a better place now. 

http://www.dreamstime.com/aqua-emoticons-cry-thumb6136570.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/13 at 1:34 pm

You PM'd me when I inquired about her.  I didn't announce it on the board at the time for the same reason. 

Tara had a terrible case of spina bifida.  She was wheelchair bound with numerous physical challenges.  She was very brave and functioned remarkably well.  She had a supportive husband and built a good life for herself.  She was whip smart and witty too.  Her favorite band was Ultravox and me being a big fan of Ultravox too we became fast friends.  We were both on an Ultravox fan message board as well

Tara left the boards after some really bad blood with a certain Rock 'n' Roll Fan.  She and her husband founded their own board -- "Children of the Revolution" I think it was called -- but they couldn't make a go of it.  Then I lost track of her. I hoped she would return, but then I guess the medical complications arose and she passed away.  I'm sure she's in a better place now. 

http://www.dreamstime.com/aqua-emoticons-cry-thumb6136570.jpg

I thought her favorite band was Depeche Mode.  We did chat via IM for a bit. It is very sad. At least we do remember her.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 01/17/13 at 7:11 pm

AbsolutelyVile was a BIG Ultravox fan.  I knew her as TVOrphan on another message board.  I remember she commonly had a picture of Warren Cann as her avatar

Written By: nally on 01/17/13 at 10:10 pm

I thought her favorite band was Depeche Mode.  We did chat via IM for a bit. It is very sad. At least we do remember her.

Cat

AbsolutelyVile was a BIG Ultravox fan.  I knew her as TVOrphan on another message board.  I remember she commonly had a picture of Warren Cann as her avatar

Yeah, I think she liked both bands. She often mentioned several of their songs on the Link/Chain the Songs threads in PBG.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/01/14 at 2:52 pm

I don't know if these were mentioned already but...

1. When Howard said "Tight Frankfurter" and that's all we talked about for weeks.
2. Jiminy's "Photoshop Me!" thread that was quite the hit.
3. The giant gay/ghey debacle of 2005.
4. This picture of me marrying Beck which I will always treasure:
http://i61.tinypic.com/21drcbc.jpg

5. This picture of Andrew then stealing and marrying Beck (also, shortly before I capped his a$$):

http://i62.tinypic.com/jr3fi0.jpg
6. The Alyssa/Andrew mystery of 2005
7. Rock 'n' Roll Fan being kind of a massive creep
8. The dreaded day the "Happy Birthday Becks" thread was deleted
9. When the first "Show Us What You Look Like!" thread was accidentally deleted by Chucky and everyone mourned the loss of their post count.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/14 at 3:05 pm

1. When Howard said "Tight Frankfurter" and that's all we talked about for weeks

I remember that one.  ;D

Written By: Ripley on 05/01/14 at 4:12 pm

I wish I was here during those days.  It looks like everything was more fun.  :\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/03/16 at 10:13 pm

Remember marathon LTE posting? Rice Cube, Jess and bunch of us would go for hours. :)

Written By: Henk on 02/04/16 at 1:58 pm

Remember marathon LTE posting? Rice Cube, Jess and bunch of us would go for hours. :)

I remember!

Written By: Henk on 02/04/16 at 1:58 pm

Remember

Written By: Henk on 02/04/16 at 1:59 pm

How

We

Used

To

Rack

Up

Our

Written By: Henk on 02/04/16 at 2:00 pm

Written By: Henk on 02/04/16 at 2:00 pm

Count? ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/04/16 at 3:57 pm

I remember that.

Written By: nally on 02/04/16 at 6:33 pm

I wish I was here during those days.  It looks like everything was more fun.  :\'(

There were many different users here each day!

Written By: Howard on 02/05/16 at 6:40 am

There were many different users here each day!

now there's not so much.

Written By: nally on 02/05/16 at 12:19 pm

now there's not so much.

Some of 'em have probably forgotten about this place, while others may have other pressing obligations that don't allow 'em to come here as much as they used to.

Written By: karen on 02/06/16 at 4:04 pm

Remember when you used to post here all the time?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/16 at 6:22 pm

Remember when you used to post here all the time?

Which is why I have returned. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/16 at 5:15 am

TTA2buWlNyM

Written By: Howard on 02/07/16 at 4:35 pm

glad you stayed. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 4:08 am

...and welcome back!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 7:40 am

Some of us have found we can't stay away for long.  I missed you guys and the never ending drama. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 7:47 am

Some of us have found we can't stay away for long.  I missed you guys and the never ending drama. :)
It forms into the way of life.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 7:51 am

It forms into the way of life.

Some of us have hung around for years.  Gosh you've been here over ten.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 7:56 am

I think 12 years in April.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 7:59 am

Have you gotten to the point where nothing on here surprises you? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 8:10 am

Have you gotten to the point where nothing on here surprises you? ;D
Yes, I have seen it all, and happenings reoccurring.

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 12:14 pm

According to your profile, you registered in May, so it'll be 12 yrs this May.

This month will mark 12 years for me as a member! (I registered on the old board two months before it went kaput.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 12:16 pm

According to your profile, you registered in May, so it'll be 12 yrs this May.

This month will mark 12 years for me as a member! (I registered on the old board two months before it went kaput.)
I stand corrected.

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 12:16 pm

I stand corrected.

Yes, and this April will mark 12 years since the old board went kaput and the new one (which we know today) replaced it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 12:18 pm

Yes, and this April will mark 12 years since the old board went kaput and the new one (which we know today) replaced it.
That's it, I know April meant something.

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 12:19 pm

That's it, I know April meant something.

Yes, and those of us who were on the old board (myself included) had to register brand-new accounts and start brand-new threads. We had no board for nearly a week, as I recall.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 12:20 pm

Yes, and those of us who were on the old board (myself included) had to register brand-new accounts and start brand-new threads. We had no board for nearly a week, as I recall.
A week in purgatory?

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 12:21 pm

A week in purgatory?

In a nutshell, pretty much. Especially for me personally, since I was in the middle of my most challenging and stressful academic semester of all. :P :-[

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 3:50 pm

A week in purgatory?

Speaking of purgatory.  I wonder if it has wifi?  Well . . . It is a waiting period/place.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/16 at 4:20 pm

I missed you too. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/08/16 at 4:21 pm

I've been here 15.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/16 at 4:22 pm

Has it been that long?  :o

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 4:23 pm

Has it been that long?  :o

Yes, it crashed on April 15th of 2004 and the new board was launched on the 21st.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 4:25 pm

I've been here 15.

Sticking around for 20? :)

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 4:27 pm

Hopefully this good ol' board will still be around then. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/16 at 3:54 pm

...and longer?

Written By: Howard on 03/08/16 at 4:02 pm

...and longer?

certainly hope so.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/16 at 4:10 pm

certainly hope so.
As long as the Internet exists.

Written By: nally on 03/09/16 at 12:08 pm

I'm sure it will continue to do so.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 12:26 pm

I'm sure it will continue to do so.
May be in another form?

Written By: Howard on 03/09/16 at 4:00 pm

and Inthe00's too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 4:02 pm

and Inthe00's too.
Yes, please!

Written By: nally on 03/10/16 at 6:16 pm

Yes, please!

I agree! This is a great place to be. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/16 at 4:45 am

I agree! This is a great place to be. :)
It is a part of our lives.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/16 at 8:14 am

and made plenty of buddies. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/20/16 at 11:54 pm

plenty is right, some have gone and never returned, some are still here

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/16 at 9:32 am

Virtual buddies!

Written By: Ripley on 03/21/16 at 12:16 pm

That's for sure :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/21/16 at 12:16 pm

Yes indeed!

Written By: Howard on 03/21/16 at 4:23 pm

Virtual buddies!

I agree.

Written By: nally on 03/21/16 at 5:25 pm

Virtual buddies!

Yes indeed!

I agree.

Certainly; over the years we have gotten to know each other very well on here. O0

Written By: nally on 04/02/16 at 4:15 pm

April Fools 2011, everyone's avatar pic was randomly changed, to things like...

http://www.inthe00s.com/april/11.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/13.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/09.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/07.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/22.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/08.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/02/16 at 6:17 pm

April Fools 2011, everyone's avatar pic was randomly changed, to things like...

http://www.inthe00s.com/april/11.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/13.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/09.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/07.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/22.jpg http://www.inthe00s.com/april/08.jpg

I remember that.

Written By: nally on 04/02/16 at 9:24 pm

I remember that.

I was just looking back on it, as there were several different pics that were used then. That was five years ago. I'm not going to show some of the other pics, because they contain some naughty things in them.

On the other hand, some of them were kinda cute in one way or another...

http://www.inthe00s.com/april/34.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/04/16 at 5:40 pm

plenty is right, some have gone and never returned, some are still here

Haven't seen you in awhile. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...