inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Someone in Ohio won 207 million dollars.What would you do with the money?

Written By: ninny on 12/13/08 at 7:15 am

Someone in Ohio had the winning Mega Million ticket worth $207 million dollars. If you would of won what would you do with your money?

I would buy a new vehicle for the family
I would buy Timmy a new vehicle
I would put money away for the rest of Timmy's college
I would put money away for my grandson and any future grandkids
I would build a new house and let my sister-in-law and her 3 kids live here (she lives with her mother and step-father)
I would pay off the mortgage that my other sister-in-law owes
I would find a cute little place for Missy and Dan to live
I would find out what my father wanted (he will be 80 in March so he may not want lots of stuff)
I would also ask my sister the same thing
I would either fix or rebuild a house for my mother-in-law
I would put a certain amount of money away for Timmy & Missy
I would give some to Cancer research,The Heart Foundation & Muscular Dystrophy
I would start 2 scholarship at my kids high school.
I would buy a RV
Then hopefully I could live the rest of my life enjoying all that money.

I almost forgot my 3 nieces  :-[ I would have to put some money away for college for them

Subject: Re: Someone in Ohio won 207 million dollars.What would you do with the money?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/13/08 at 9:25 am

Split it with my mom, sister and best friend.  I would pay off my house and all my other bills.  I would put a huge chunk in my daughters college fund and buy a Ford Escape Hybrid.   I would also donate a bunch to the church and the charities they support.  I worry about scammers so the church would be my best bet.  They help the local homeless shelter, pregnancy resource center, our church has adopted a community in Nigeria to help build homes and plant crops.  Plus, I could do more than 2 ornaments on the Angel Tree for kids without Christmas.

And I would hire a housekeeper! :D

Subject: Re: Someone in Ohio won 207 million dollars.What would you do with the money?

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/08 at 9:30 am

1.  Pay off my student loan.
2.  Pay off Micah's and finish putting her through college.
3.  Put money away for her to go to grad school.
4.  Buy my parents' house and tell them they can stay there in the summer.
5.  Buy them a place anywhere they want to live in the winter.
6.  Get a housekeeper for them (for both houses).
7.  Buy them a new car.
8.  Buy Micah a car.
9.  Get my parents more insurance.
10. Put the rest away for my old age.

:)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/08 at 9:42 am

I would not know where to start.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/13/08 at 10:33 am

Well, after paying the hospital bill for the heart attack, I'd:

Make  the lives of the people closest to me comfortable

Open a college fund for my daughter

Pay off my house

Support charities dear to my heart

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/08 at 10:35 am

$207 Million is way more money than a person needs to live on for a lifetime, so I would give atleast $50 million to various charities

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 1:34 pm

Man! I totally had this spent in my head after buying the ticket yesterday.  >:(

1. Taxes man...gotta pay those taxes... I like to think there'd be 50% left cuz if there's more that's just a bonus...

So with the reamaining 103.5 mil. I would

2. Take the $50,000 and pay the outstanding debt I have.
3. Buy a new car
4. Buy a house in Santa Barbara... that's still a million for a normal sized  home  ;D
5. Buy a small house in the LA area so that I don't have to drive 90 miles each way everytime I do something down there.
6. Pay off my parents house, fix everything that is broken and then give it to my mom's friend who lives in a townhouse in AZ.
7. Move my parents into a house in CA so I NEVER have to drive to AZ again ;)
8. Give my parents money so they can travel or whatever...
9. Put about $25 million into this charity idea I have.
10. I have a couple of friends who have kids in college.... I'd like to cover their loans or at least buy the kids books something
11. Two of my aunts need money so I'd give it to them
12. I think I figured out a way to give my friends money without them having to pay taxes.... I would give them Visa Gift Cards. $500 or $5000 each card and just hand them out to anyone who's important to me.

And then with the money left over I would start....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/qslogo.jpg

My own production company and start producing my scripts and scripts my friends have written.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 1:37 pm

Well, after paying the hospital bill for the heart attack, I'd:

Make  the lives of the people closest to me comfortable

Open a college fund for my daughter

Pay off my house

Support charities dear to my heart

You're hysterical!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 1:38 pm

$207 Million is way more money than a person needs to live on for a lifetime, so I would give atleast $50 million to various charities

but you forgot about the taxes!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/08 at 2:01 pm

There is so much that I would love to do.

Yeah, yeah, taxes come first. 

Then (not necessarily in this order)

-Start a scholarship or two at my Alma mater.
-Do A LOT of home improvement.
-Donate A LOT.
-Make sure step-kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews get a college education.
-Buy coins.  :D :D ;D ;D

BTW, a little FYI for people. You can receive up to $9,999 a year before you have to pay taxes on it. If you receive $10,000-then you have to pay taxes. So, if you are planning on giving someone a gift and don't want them to pay taxes, make sure it is under that amount.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/13/08 at 2:34 pm

pay off some purchases
buy a prostitute and make her my wife
buy a new house or brand new apartment
buy an HDTV.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 4:00 pm

-Donate A LOT.

BTW, a little FYI for people. You can receive up to $9,999 a year before you have to pay taxes on it. If you receive $10,000-then you have to pay taxes. So, if you are planning on giving someone a gift and don't want them to pay taxes, make sure it is under that amount.

Cat

by the way...for the record... I will officially be declaring myself a nonprofit charitable organization....all donations for my cause will be welcome!  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 12/13/08 at 5:29 pm

Like many here...

I'd pay my taxes... >:(
I'd financially set up my family and friends for life (includes $10 million each to my 4 children). :)
I would then keep only 10-20 million for my wife and myslef..
The remainder (whatever that figure may be) would go to various charities/organisations that we already give to or wished we had money to give to.

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/08 at 7:34 pm

-Donate A LOT.

Cat

That's good to know.  I actually just rounded up to 50% that would be gone before I ever saw it, but didn't know about the 10k rule.  There are so many charities out there....do they have to pay taxes on donations they receive?  If so, then 9999 to St. Judes, 9999 to ACS, 9999 to various research organizations......to start.  I would also want to help out my brother.

Written By: ninny on 12/13/08 at 8:18 pm

Man! I totally had this spent in my head after buying the ticket yesterday.  >:(

1. Taxes man...gotta pay those taxes... I like to think there'd be 50% left cuz if there's more that's just a bonus...

So with the reamaining 103.5 mil. I would

2. Take the $50,000 and pay the outstanding debt I have.
3. Buy a new car
4. Buy a house in Santa Barbara... that's still a million for a normal sized  home  ;D
5. Buy a small house in the LA area so that I don't have to drive 90 miles each way everytime I do something down there.
6. Pay off my parents house, fix everything that is broken and then give it to my mom's friend who lives in a townhouse in AZ.
7. Move my parents into a house in CA so I NEVER have to drive to AZ again ;)
8. Give my parents money so they can travel or whatever...
9. Put about $25 million into this charity idea I have.
10. I have a couple of friends who have kids in college.... I'd like to cover their loans or at least buy the kids books something
11. Two of my aunts need money so I'd give it to them
12. I think I figured out a way to give my friends money without them having to pay taxes.... I would give them Visa Gift Cards. $500 or $5000 each card and just hand them out to anyone who's important to me.

And then with the money left over I would start....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/qslogo.jpg

My own production company and start producing my scripts and scripts my friends have written.

I didn't figure the taxes because it is taken out of it once you receive your money,at least that is how it is done in NY.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 8:23 pm

I didn't figure the taxes because it is taken out of it once you receive your money,at least that is how it is done in NY.

I just figure most people will spend 207 mill in their heads rather than the figure they will actually receive.

Aim,

I don't think the 10K rule applies to charities just to individuals.

Will someone please give me $9,998?  See I'm easy I don't even want the whole thing.  ;D

So Cat,

What about my idea to give the Visa Gift Cards.
I mean morally you should pay taxes on it but if you just use the card and don't the money in the bank they can't really trace it can they? Its not like a visa card its more like a gift certificate in the shape of a visa card.

or am I wrong?

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/08 at 8:32 pm

I just figure most people will spend 207 mill in their heads rather than the figure they will actually receive.

Will someone please give me $9,998?  See I'm easy I don't even want the whole thing.  ;D

lol I'll hook you up as soon as I win

but since I never play.....guess you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for a check from me.

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 8:48 pm

but since I never play.....guess you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for a check from me.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bounce2.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/brakelamp.gif

:\'(

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/08 at 9:11 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bounce2.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/brakelamp.gif

:\'(

Um, I'm not reallly feelin the love here, Q!  ;D  And I hope you don't have my pic put up on that lamp you keep breaking (or that's me you are bouncing on).

(((hugs)))  all better?  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/08 at 9:48 pm

hugs always make it better  :)

for the record

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bounce2.gif = Q jumps for joy

but since I never play.....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/brakelamp.gif = bursting bubble... crushing of dreams...that old sinking feeling

guess you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for a check from me.

:\'(  (Self explanatory I think.)

;D

Written By: statsqueen on 12/13/08 at 10:13 pm

hugs always make it better  :)

:\'(  (Self explanatory I think.)

;D

Yeah, that's why the hugs.  Sorry if I got off topic :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/08 at 3:59 am

Is that someone in Ohio a member here?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/08 at 6:45 am

Is that someone in Ohio a member here?

ninny pm'd me to ask if it was me.  Alas, twas not I (although I did drive by a billboard advertising the jackpot and thought briefly of buying a ticket.)

Written By: Howard on 12/14/08 at 6:48 am

Was it a woman who won the 207 million? ???

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 8:56 am

Was it a woman who won the 207 million? ???

I don't think they have come forward yet.
This is some more info on it
And just in time for the holiday's. A single ticket sold in western Ohio is the winner of the 207 million dollar jackpot in the multistate Mega Millions lottery. The Ohio Lottery says the very valuable ticket was purchased at a Kroger supermarket in the community of Piqua. Sounds like its going to be a very Merry Christmas for the winner

My luck I would win and kick the bucket at the same time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/08 at 11:32 am

I don't think they have come forward yet.
This is some more info on it
And just in time for the holiday's. A single ticket sold in western Ohio is the winner of the 207 million dollar jackpot in the multistate Mega Millions lottery. The Ohio Lottery says the very valuable ticket was purchased at a Kroger supermarket in the community of Piqua. Sounds like its going to be a very Merry Christmas for the winner

My luck I would win and kick the bucket at the same time.
So the winner is still not known?

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 11:34 am

So the winner is still not known?

No they are probably waiting till Monday,when the lottery office is open.
Or maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/08 at 11:36 am

No they are probably waiting till Monday,when the lottery office is open.
Or maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet
..or the shock of knowing has throw the winner into a state of tramua

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/08 at 11:47 am

If it were me no one would ever know...

I would be sure they let me remain anonymous.

That guy who won 300+ million around Christmas a few years ago has had his house and his car burgled on several occasions of course he got in the bad habit of leaving bundles of cash laying around.

The one thing that bugs me is if you win a jackpot everyone expects you to help them out..  No one comes up to you on payday and says.. Hey you just got paid! Can I have 10%? but win a million dollars and everyone expects you to give them 10,000. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't share but if you EXPECT me to give you money you will be put way down on the bottom of the list. If you say me, I am genuinely happy for you...then you're more apt to get something.

the other thing is, some of my friends have really good jobs and don't need money- so I'm more inclined to help the ones who are struggling.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/08 at 12:30 pm

That's good to know.  I actually just rounded up to 50% that would be gone before I ever saw it, but didn't know about the 10k rule.  There are so many charities out there....do they have to pay taxes on donations they receive?  If so, then 9999 to St. Judes, 9999 to ACS, 9999 to various research organizations......to start.  I would also want to help out my brother.

Not for profit organizations are usually tax exempt. They receive what is called a 501(c)(3) which is a form stating that they are non-profit. When I was working at the Food Shelf, I had to provide a copy of our 501(c)(3) many, many times. Churches also fall under this, too.

So Cat,

What about my idea to give the Visa Gift Cards.
I mean morally you should pay taxes on it but if you just use the card and don't the money in the bank they can't really trace it can they? Its not like a visa card its more like a gift certificate in the shape of a visa card.

or am I wrong?

I have absolutely no idea.  ???

Cat

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 1:47 pm

If it were me no one would ever know...

I would be sure they let me remain anonymous.

That guy who won 300+ million around Christmas a few years ago has had his house and his car burgled on several occasions of course he got in the bad habit of leaving bundles of cash laying around.

The one thing that bugs me is if you win a jackpot everyone expects you to help them out..  No one comes up to you on payday and says.. Hey you just got paid! Can I have 10%? but win a million dollars and everyone expects you to give them 10,000. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't share but if you EXPECT me to give you money you will be put way down on the bottom of the list. If you say me, I am genuinely happy for you...then you're more apt to get something.

the other thing is, some of my friends have really good jobs and don't need money- so I'm more inclined to help the ones who are struggling.

It would be nice to be anonymous,but lots of times they make you do  a press conference. Plus you tell one person and they tell someone and next thing you know someone leaks it to the press
People you hardly know want money,or people give you the evil glare because you won.

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/08 at 1:48 pm

It would be nice to be anonymous,but lots of times they make you do  a press conference. Plus you tell one person and they tell someone and next thing you know someone leaks it to the press
People you hardly know want money,or people give you the evil glare because you won.

I always thought winners had to option of going public or staying private...

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/08 at 1:52 pm

remember this couple? They won 270 mil...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI63LFIxqCw&feature=related

I wonder where they are now?

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/08 at 1:57 pm

They can TRY to remain anonymous. Usually the store that sold the ticket is announced (either by the lottery people or the store themselves). Then the media descends upon the store and stakes it out until the winner shows up to claim the prize. If they KNOW they are the winner, the best bet is wait several weeks (maybe months) to claim the prize. They have a year to claim. By waiting, the media will grow tired of staking out the place. However, if they don't know they have won, goes in to check their ticket-and then they find out and the media is right there in their face. So much for remaining anonymous.

If I win-I would try to maintain my anonymity as best as I could.  I'm sure everyone who has ever won the lottery discovered they had a whole bunch of new best friends-including people they didn't know before buying their ticket.  ::)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/08 at 2:04 pm

They can TRY to remain anonymous. Usually the store that sold the ticket is announced (either by the lottery people or the store themselves). Then the media descends upon the store and stakes it out until the winner shows up to claim the prize. If they KNOW they are the winner, the best bet is wait several weeks (maybe months) to claim the prize. They have a year to claim. By waiting, the media will grow tired of staking out the place. However, if they don't know they have won, goes in to check their ticket-and then they find out and the media is right there in their face. So much for remaining anonymous.

If I win-I would try to maintain my anonymity as best as I could.  I'm sure everyone who has ever won the lottery discovered they had a whole bunch of new best friends-including people they didn't know before buying their ticket.  ::)

Cat

I'll tell my parents and probably one of my closest friends but otherwise everyone else would be in the dark.... Heck if I'd won the 207 million... I would have told people I'd won a smaller amount.

I'd quit my job but tell them I got a job in LA... they all know I want to move there anyway. I'd buy a new car (a less flashy one for driving in SB and if I ran into anyone I knew I'd just say I was in town visiting...  ;D )

No one ever sees where I live anyway so I could buy a freaking mansion and no one would know  ;D

With the 'rents  I'd get a joint bank account with them deposit the funds and give them bank cards and let them think the money was all of ours but never tap that account myself. Its not that I don't trust them I totally do but we have different ideas and rather than have my mom tell me what I should do with my money... I'll let her think she's handling my money while my real money sits elsewhere.

Its exhausting being the only person she has to focus on.

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 2:06 pm

Cat

What Cat said is right,you have to hand your ticket into a lottery office,they already know what store it's from and everything,then they set up a press conference,lots of times they try to do it where you got the winning ticket.Unless it's a big prize like this then I'm sure all the major networks and papers are there.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/08 at 2:37 pm

I'll tell my parents and probably one of my closest friends but otherwise everyone else would be in the dark.... Heck if I'd won the 207 million... I would have told people I'd won a smaller amount.

I'd quit my job but tell them I got a job in LA... they all know I want to move there anyway. I'd buy a new car (a less flashy one for driving in SB and if I ran into anyone I knew I'd just say I was in town visiting...  ;D )

No one ever sees where I live anyway so I could buy a freaking mansion and no one would know  ;D

With the 'rents  I'd get a joint bank account with them deposit the funds and give them bank cards and let them think the money was all of ours but never tap that account myself. Its not that I don't trust them I totally do but we have different ideas and rather than have my mom tell me what I should do with my money... I'll let her think she's handling my money while my real money sits elsewhere.

Its exhausting being the only person she has to focus on.

With my knowledge of all of this, how do you know that I haven't won already.  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/14/08 at 2:46 pm

With my knowledge of all of this, how do you know that I haven't won already.  ;)

Cat

I don't but I figure I have posted my needs on the board enough that if you had you probably would have given it ot me ;D 

for the record ,1800 would make my life easy.

7,500 would take care of all my immediate debt

and 50,000 would clear my debt completely and give me a 1 month cushion "just in case"

;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/14/08 at 3:43 pm

If I won $207 million, I'd spend most of it on beer and women.

The rest I'd just waste.  :D :D :D

Written By: ninny on 12/14/08 at 3:48 pm

Cat

Yes how do we know? ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/14/08 at 8:07 pm

If I won that much money, I'd donate lots of it to charity, buy a few things I've always wanted, and do a lot of traveling around the world.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/15/08 at 12:47 am

I'm oversimplifying things here, but the way you solve the anonymity problem is relatively simple:

1) I create a trust.  A trust is an entity legally separate from its owner.
2) The trust hires a lawyer.
3) The lawyer claims the ticket on behalf of the trust.
4) The lottery pays the $207M (lump sum) or $whatever (monthly payments) to the trust.
5) Whenever I feel like I could use a few bucks, the trust, in its infinite wisdom, cuts a check that happens to be payable to Foo Bar. 

The lottery can have whatever kind of press conference it wants.  The trust's lawyer will have been instructed to respond to every question with "no comment", and the lawyer is bound by attorney-client privilege not to reveal the only important thing, which is the name of the individual who controls the trust.

The lottery folks are wise to this, of course:  there's no PR advantage to be had by such a boring press conference.  And the kind of person who goes to these steps isn't going to be giving the kind of "Wow, I'm buying a Ferrari and driving to Disneyland!" soundbites that make for good lottery commercials, so they don't bother holding the press conference.  The lottery folks also don't take it personally; it's a business, and they know that they only have to wait for a few weeks until they award a prize to someone who does want to be a celebrity for a day.

(Back to the original question, I'd have about $100M left over after taxes.  $90M after setting up a fund that'll pay for everything I need (read: being able to ensure good food and shelter for my parents and a few friends) for the rest of my life.  $80M after buying everything I want (read: toys) for the rest of my life.  Probably blow the remaining $80M on space tourism startups in business.)

P.S.  All of this talk about breaking the money up into sub-$10K amounts?  Very Bad Idea.  Without going into too much detail, banks are required to file suspicious transaction reports over $10K, but they also have the option of looking for "smurfing" (Imagine 100 smurfs, all identical, marching in unison...), and multiple cash transactions for $9999 are a colossal red flag.  Although cash is anonymous, but every way of legitimately using large sums of cash is tracked. 

If you're carrying a large amount of cash and you're lucky, the cops will accuse it of being drug money and seize it -- because there's no evidence against you, you don't get charged, but the money does.  Seriously.  The court case shows up as "U.S. vs. $100,000", and since the cash doesn't say much in its own defense when the court case comes up (nor does it even ask for a lawyer), it almost always loses the case.  For a good laugh, google "asset forfeiture".  That's if you're lucky.  If you're unlucky, the cash is accused of involvement, not with drugs, but with terrorism, and the judicial system no longer deals with those cases.  The cash, its owner, and all of the owner's other bank accounts, simply disappear.

When you have $207M, you stay on the grid, and you make damn sure you pay all your taxes.  And you not only pay your taxes, you make sure you donate at least $100K in protection money to various politicians at the local, state, and federal levels, just to be sure that nobody at the local, state, or federal level decides to speculate otherwise.  Call it the modern version of progressive taxation.  Nice bank account you got there, shame if something were to happen to it.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/08 at 7:06 am

I'd spend it on a new wardrobe.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/15/08 at 7:40 am

I'd spend it on a new wardrobe.

Well yes, you'll need to impress that prostitute/wife you were speaking of buying earlier. ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/15/08 at 8:07 am

Well yes, you'll need to impress that prostitute/wife you were speaking of buying earlier. ;D

Somehow I don't think she'll be looking at his new clothes,just the new wad of bills in his wallet ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/15/08 at 6:37 pm

It'd be more than 1,000 dollars.

Written By: ninny on 12/17/08 at 11:48 am

It seems 12-14 city workers from The town of Piqua,OH are the big winners,They are trying to stay anonymous.
PIQUA-Winners of the 207-Mega Million Dollar Lottery have asked to remain anonymous but it seems everyone in Piqua knows who they are.
Friends of the 12 to 14 city workers from the street department are keeping the secret but they say they're very happy for the new found fortune.
People we spoke with from the small community of Piqua say many of the workers plan to keep their jobs at least until they figure out what to do with the money.
The winners have obtained an attorney who say they're identities will be released next week.Mega Million Winners ID

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/17/08 at 12:38 pm

It seems 12-14 city workers from The town of Piqua,OH are the big winners,They are trying to stay anonymous.
PIQUA-Winners of the 207-Mega Million Dollar Lottery have asked to remain anonymous but it seems everyone in Piqua knows who they are.
Friends of the 12 to 14 city workers from the street department are keeping the secret but they say they're very happy for the new found fortune.
People we spoke with from the small community of Piqua say many of the workers plan to keep their jobs at least until they figure out what to do with the money.
The winners have obtained an attorney who say they're identities will be released next week.Mega Million Winners ID
Listen out for when the party happens!

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/08 at 12:58 pm

whoo hoo 14 jobs just opened in Piqua Ohio! That's gotta be good for that town

Written By: Howard on 12/17/08 at 2:50 pm

I'll invest in a brand new home for myself.

Written By: ninny on 12/17/08 at 6:20 pm

whoo hoo 14 jobs just opened in Piqua Ohio! That's gotta be good for that town

I liked how they plan on keeping their jobs...at least till they figure out what to do with their money
Who's good at math? How much is that a person?.Of course you got federal & I think Ohio has state tax...So maybe 10 million per person :-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/17/08 at 6:30 pm

I would probably . . .

Set a lot aside for more college.
Buy a house
Buy the part of the Antietem Battlefield that Wal-Mart has their eyes on. 
Buy a U.S. Senate seat.

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/08 at 11:43 pm

If there are 12 of them its $17,250,000  so a 8.5-9 million each after taxes...they're stupid. I'd quite.  Its a city job- every nut in the county will be suing them for no reason at all.

Written By: La Roche on 12/17/08 at 11:51 pm

I'd try and buy off SAC and get me a nuke. It's an investment, who wouldn't give an unhinged millionaire with a nuke whatever he wanted?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/18/08 at 1:46 am

Did I post here yet?

I think I'd pay cash for a nice house somewhere in the Rockies, get a reliable fuel-efficient car, help my parents and parents-in-law retire, pay off my debts, put about $5M in an interest-earning account (no stocks needed now :P) and then donate the rest to charity.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/08 at 6:51 am

I'd buy scratch off lottery tickets,207 million worth.  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/18/08 at 7:01 am

Honestly ..... I really don't know.

I'd want the latest computers, huge monitors, hdtv plasma brilliant stereo  ... in various properties around the globe ... USA / UK /Australia .. in particular (?).

Guess I'd hire people to outfit me in clothes that were smart ... but primarily comfortable (in hot weather too)  .... since that's always been my priority.

I don't know ... I just can't REALLY imagine ever being rich. I've lived on a shoestring most my life. Haven't squandered what money I have ..... and I just can't get my head around how some blow it ... when they get the chance to live 'the dream' (easy come, easy go, I guess ? ) .

No, I reckon I'd make the money last a lifetime, as it SHOULD !

Written By: ninny on 12/18/08 at 7:29 am

What if they were all losers?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/18/08 at 8:24 am

There would only be one loser.

Written By: karen on 12/18/08 at 10:54 am

There was some news item the other day about someone who stole thousands of pounds of scratch cards  and won £50

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/18/08 at 10:56 am

There was some news item the other day about someone who stole thousands of pounds of scratch cards  and won £50
Obviously stole the wrong batch?

Written By: ninny on 12/18/08 at 2:09 pm

I'm surprised they could cash them in,because in Ny they have to be scaned first when you buy them.

Written By: snozberries on 12/18/08 at 3:34 pm

There would only be one loser.

Excellent reply...... and karma worthy too! O0

Written By: snozberries on 12/18/08 at 3:40 pm

I'm surprised they could cash them in,because in Ny they have to be scaned first when you buy them.

in Ca all the scratchers are numbered so the store would report the batch number that was stolen and alerts would go out all retailers... anyone trying to cash in the ticket could be caught.

if it were me- I'd scratch them, drive to the next town, put fake info on the back of the ticket, put on gloves, wipe off my fingerprints, and then redeem the ticket all within 30 minutes because it'll take that long for the police to come and get info for the report. The store owner wouldn't have time to call the lotto office..... God help you tho if you win big money because you'll go into the lotto office to cash that and they'll have you sitting in an office filling out paperwork until the feds show up!

Even if you were able to get the money before the lotto office knew those were stolen scratchers..... they'd have your id, social security number and everything else....then the cops would be busting down your door.

Written By: ninny on 12/18/08 at 6:45 pm

in Ca all the scratchers are numbered so the store would report the batch number that was stolen and alerts would go out all retailers... anyone trying to cash in the ticket could be caught.

if it were me- I'd scratch them, drive to the next town, put fake info on the back of the ticket, put on gloves, wipe off my fingerprints, and then redeem the ticket all within 30 minutes because it'll take that long for the police to come and get info for the report. The store owner wouldn't have time to call the lotto office..... God help you tho if you win big money because you'll go into the lotto office to cash that and they'll have you sitting in an office filling out paperwork until the feds show up!

Even if you were able to get the money before the lotto office knew those were stolen scratchers..... they'd have your id, social security number and everything else....then the cops would be busting down your door.

Yep, not worth the risk....Unless you stoled the whole machine full of tickets, :-\\ Nah

Written By: Howard on 12/18/08 at 7:31 pm

One of them has to be winners.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 5:17 am

One of them has to be winners.
There is a ratio for winner/loser, and in the UK the scratch card is (should be) 6:1, but it has not been proved yet.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/08 at 7:09 am

There is a ratio for winner/loser, and in the UK the scratch card is (should be) 6:1, but it has not been proved yet.

So no one has won the UK Lottery? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 9:48 am

So no one has won the UK Lottery? ???
This is scratch cards, there has been plenty of UK Lottery winners.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 9:49 am

This is scratch cards, there has been plenty of UK Lottery winners.
I am not one of them.

Written By: ninny on 12/19/08 at 9:55 am

I am not one of them.

I hate those fake E-mails pretending you won money.I was once told I won a UK lottery (that I never even entered)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/08 at 10:01 am

I hate those fake E-mails pretending you won money.I was once told I won a UK lottery (that I never even entered)

I won the UK lottery and got an inheritance both this week.  The UK lottery was 880,000 pounds and the inheritance was $1.5 million.  woohoo ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/19/08 at 10:10 am

I won the UK lottery and got an inheritance both this week.  The UK lottery was 880,000 pounds and the inheritance was $1.5 million.  woohoo ;D

Was the inheritance from someone in Nigeria? Mine are usually from there.
Now you can eat Bon Bons
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/tknoppe/bon-bons.jpg
and be treated like a queen
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/aeinbrea/JC%20Penney%20Jewelries/sapphirendiamondcrownpendant.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/08 at 10:27 am

Was the inheritance from someone in Nigeria? Mine are usually from there.
Now you can eat Bon Bons
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/tknoppe/bon-bons.jpg
and be treated like a queen
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/aeinbrea/JC%20Penney%20Jewelries/sapphirendiamondcrownpendant.jpg

No it wasn't, surprisingly enough.  It was a "long lost relative" that happened to have my email.  He died a while ago and my email was overlooked in the will. ::)

The Nigeria guys have been leaving me alone lately...guess they are gearing up for a new campaign. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 10:44 am

Which bank account details did you have to give?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/08 at 10:59 am

Which bank account details did you have to give?

Haven't decided which ones, yet. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 11:01 am

Haven't decided which ones, yet. ;)
That is good to hear, why not ask them to delivery the cash to your door instead?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/08 at 11:20 am

That is good to hear, why not ask them to delivery the cash to your door instead?

That's a great idea....I won't hold my breath, though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 11:27 am

That's a great idea....I won't hold my breath, though.
It is a long way from Nigeria ?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/08 at 11:33 am

It is a long way from Nigeria ?

Well, then they can send a check. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/08 at 11:34 am

Well, then they can send a check. 
I would rather have the cash.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/08 at 3:13 pm

Yeah really,Show me the money!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/08 at 7:18 pm

can you buy me a new car?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/08 at 7:27 pm

Once the check clears. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/08 at 7:30 pm

Once the check clears. ;)

well tell them to hurry up! I need something to drive to AZ on Tuesday.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/08 at 9:47 pm

can she buy me a new house?

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/08 at 10:39 pm

can she buy me a new house?

yes but she said she's only buying in Montana....are you willing to move?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/20/08 at 2:02 am

pay off some purchases
buy a prostitute and make her my wife
buy a new house or brand new apartment
buy an HDTV.
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif    ok, that's a good start Howard, and now after that, you still have just a bit more than 206 million left to spend.  you could buy a Au Bon Pain & your own Pathmark store too,  and many more prostitutes.

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 6:54 am

I guess so,any place to get away from my parents.

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 6:55 am

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif     ok, that's a good start Howard, and now after that, you still have just a bit more than 206 million left to spend.  you could buy a Au Bon Pain & your own Pathmark store too,  and many more prostitutes.

I wouldn't want to buy the companies,I don't want to seem stuck-up. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 8:16 am

What the hell?  You spending my money?   >:( >:( >:(  ;) ;) ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 9:41 am

What the hell?  You spending my money?   >:( >:( >:(  ;) ;) ;)

Well I figure he won't want to move to Montana so you won't be out a penny but Howard can't say you didn't offer to buy him a house.

see.... win-win  can I still have my new car?

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 9:54 am

Well I figure he won't want to move to Montana so you won't be out a penny but Howard can't say you didn't offer to buy him a house.

Sure...then he posted this:

I guess so,any place to get away from my parents.

Again, you spending my money?  >:( >:( ;D ;D

Yes, you can still have the car just as soon as the check clears.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 9:58 am

Sure...then he posted this:

Again, you spending my money?  >:( >:( ;D ;D

Yes, you can still have the car just as soon as the check clears.  :P

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/bcheatham_photos/Landscapes/OldBldgBW.jpg

here's the house you're gonna get Howard.  Dag I think its only cost $8.95  ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 11:13 am

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn197/bcheatham_photos/Landscapes/OldBldgBW.jpg

here's the house you're gonna get Howard.  Dag I think its only cost $8.95  ;D

LOL perfect for Howard & The Prostitute,nice and cozy.

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 11:15 am

Howard could even put a neon sign up and use the pro to get a return on dag's investment  :D

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 11:22 am

Howard could even put a neon sign up and use the pro to get a return on dag's investment  :D

Crap one john and she gets her money back ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 11:24 am

Crap one john and she gets her money back ;D

that's some cheap a$$ ho Howard's hooked up with  ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 11:30 am

that's some cheap a$$ ho Howard's hooked up with  ;D

She'll have to do a couple for running water & a toilet :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 11:39 am

She'll have to do a couple for running water & a toilet :)

and the satelite dish...its all about the "PRIORITIES"

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/1192335910713.jpg

I love this picture

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 12:17 pm

and the satelite dish...its all about the "PRIORITIES"

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/1192335910713.jpg

I love this picture

Hell yeah..where's the monster tuck in the driveway?

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 12:20 pm

Hell yeah..where's the monster tuck in the driveway?

Howie took it to go pic up more Johns  ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 2:03 pm

Howie took it to go pic up more Johns  ;D

Or maybe Sir Billzy ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 2:13 pm

Or maybe Sir Billzy ;)

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 2:40 pm

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You guys are killing me here.  I am crying from laughing so hard. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 2:42 pm

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

You guys are killing me here.  I am crying from laughing so hard. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

well the mission for today was cheer Cat up...glad we succeeded!

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 2:49 pm

well the mission for today was cheer Cat up...glad we succeeded!

Ditto that :) :)

Howard to  the rescue
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/wbelgium/Prostitute.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 2:51 pm

I'm just buying the house, priorities are his problem. ;D

Thanks for finding the house snoz. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 2:54 pm

Ditto that :) :)

Howard to  the rescue
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/wbelgium/Prostitute.jpg

hmmmm that pic is just prime for photoshopping...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 2:57 pm

Where's Alan when you need him?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 3:07 pm

Cat

I know I just tried but that's not something I can do from work.

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 4:19 pm

Cat

I know I wish I knew how to do it.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/20/08 at 7:16 pm

Cat

I MIGHT have gotten here sooner, had somebody just PM'd me .... or snoz had not sent me on wild goose chases ... to find out about this request.

Well, now that I DO know about it .... I'll get started.  Be back later. By the way, did the pic you have in mind, look anything like ....

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/334/prostituteve4.jpg

:D                                                            ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 7:16 pm

I MIGHT have gotten here sooner, had somebody just PM'd me .... or snoz had not sent me on wild goose chases ... to find out about this request.

Well, now that I DO know about it .... I'll get started.  Be back later. By the way, did the pic you have in mind, look anything like ....

:D                                                             ;D

YES!!!! That's what I was waiting for... Thank you Alan!  ;D 

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 7:19 pm

Yes, you can still have the car just as soon as the check clears

No Thanks I'll take public transportation.

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 7:20 pm

No Thanks I'll take public transportation.

um the car is for me howard....you're getting the shack um house

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 7:23 pm

um the car is for me howard....you're getting the shack um house

that small little thing,nah I don't want it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 7:26 pm

that small little thing,nah I don't want it.

That is a nice love nest for you and your prostitute wife.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 7:39 pm

That is a nice love nest for you and your prostitute wife.

Cat

It won't be big enough.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 7:40 pm

It won't be big enough.

That's all you're getting.  Take it or leave it.*

* when the check clears. ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 7:41 pm

That's all you're getting.  Take it or leave it.*

* when the check clears. ;)

Ok fine I'll take it.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 7:41 pm

Ok fine I'll take it.  ::)

Don't roll your eyes at me, mister.  I just may take the house back. :P

Written By: Howard on 12/20/08 at 7:43 pm

Don't roll your eyes at me, mister.  I just may take the house back. :P

I'll buy myself a luxury suite instead.

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 9:07 pm

It won't be big enough.

How the hell big do you need it,she's a prostitute,she could do it standing up
What you really need for your shac umm love nest is this
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/hyperpearlgirl/Revolving_Door.gif
;D

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 9:09 pm

:D                                                             ;D

How Hard cums to the rescue..Nice job Alan

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 9:11 pm

;D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/eghatchintheham/threadlikewheregoing753cz2.jpg

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 9:22 pm

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/eghatchintheham/threadlikewheregoing753cz2.jpg

Yes it's all downhill from now..unless Howard can get it to rise back up ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 9:26 pm

oh no she didn't!  :o

Written By: Howard on 12/21/08 at 7:03 am

;D

A revolving door,you must be joking!  ::)

Written By: ninny on 12/21/08 at 9:02 am

A revolving door,you must be joking!  ::)

You want your lady to bring home the bacon don't you?
Here's a fine example
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/agrand31/857910139_m.jpg
:D

Written By: Howard on 12/21/08 at 10:12 pm

You want your lady to bring home the bacon don't you?
Here's a fine example
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l210/agrand31/857910139_m.jpg
:D

That's a man,baby!

Written By: ninny on 12/22/08 at 5:08 am

That's a man,baby!

Of course it's a man..your wife is a prostitute and she is bringing home the bacon..he's the bacon ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/08 at 6:48 am

Of course it's a man..your wife is a prostitute and she is bringing home the bacon..he's the bacon ;D
Bacon the streets again?

Written By: Howard on 12/22/08 at 6:49 am

bacon,he looks more like a pound of beef.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/08 at 6:53 am

bacon,he looks more like a pound of beef.  :P
Would you describe him as beefy?

Written By: Howard on 12/22/08 at 7:07 am

Would you describe him as beefy?

with loads of fat.

Written By: ninny on 12/22/08 at 7:49 am

Bacon the streets again?

Ah the life of a prostitute. Howard probably thinks there all like pretty woman :)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa271/smokiechick/prostitute_out_of_work.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/08 at 7:52 am

Ah the life of a prostitute. Howard probably thinks there all like pretty woman :)

Sausages?

Written By: ninny on 12/22/08 at 8:04 am

Sausages?

Pepperoni or Salami sticks?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/08 at 11:23 am

IT'S BACON!!!!!

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:f50v1sBLtjonOM:http://www.grandecane.pl/images/Beggin%2520Crispy%2520Bacon%2520FOP.jpg

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/08 at 11:48 am

Never Turn Your Bacon Mother Earth ~ Sparks

Written By: Howard on 12/22/08 at 7:05 pm

Pepperoni or Salami sticks?

Sorry mine is not a pepperoni nor a sausage/salami stick. :(

Written By: Howard on 12/22/08 at 7:06 pm

Is she hot? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/22/08 at 7:42 pm

Is she hot? ;D

Neg-ga-tive  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/22/08 at 9:15 pm

Sorry mine is not a pepperoni nor a sausage/salami stick. :(

But even as a non pork eater, I'm sure you'd manage a good porking ?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/23/08 at 12:35 am

I'd buy a big house where we all could live

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 2:49 am

I'd buy a big house where we all could live
It will have to have a big garden.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/23/08 at 2:52 am

It will have to have a big garden.
for the garden party?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 2:53 am

for the garden party?
It will be a continuous party.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/23/08 at 3:12 am

It will be a continuous party.
I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends
A chance to share old memories and play our songs again

Written By: ninny on 12/23/08 at 5:10 am

Yes because you can't sing any new songs,just the old ones..Hello Mary Lou...........

Written By: gibbo on 12/23/08 at 5:19 am

When I got to the garden party, they all knew my name
No one recognized me, I didn't look the same

Written By: Howard on 12/23/08 at 6:06 am

But even as a non pork eater, I'm sure you'd manage a good porking ?

Pork is good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 6:39 am

Pork is good.
Not beef?

Written By: ninny on 12/23/08 at 7:44 am

Not beef?

Beef it's what's for supper.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 7:46 am

Beef it's what's for supper.
Roasted?

Written By: ninny on 12/23/08 at 9:06 am

Roasted?

Of course :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 9:10 am

Of course :)
With gravy?

Written By: ninny on 12/23/08 at 12:08 pm

With gravy?

Yeah and mashed potatoes.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/23/08 at 12:13 pm

Buy a (modest) home! Buy my mom, brother a home and pay off my Dad's home. I'd have children because I'd feel financially secure to take care of them. I'd still be frugal to a degree though, and not spoil them. I'd pay my boyfriend (probably husband by that point) to design our kitchen because he does that for a living and who would be better to do that than the one you love :0) Plus, we wouldn't have to work, technically, because we'd have the money to just stay home. I would want to get everyone's health in line so we could all live healthier lives and live longer. Take a few wel deserved trips, such as to Europe, the Tropics, visit family members in other states. I'd love to take a cross country road trip. Own my own business, and sale my paintings for charity.

Ohh, what the world woudl be like if we all had riches...

Written By: Howard on 12/23/08 at 2:29 pm

Not beef?

How much beef can you buy with 207 million? :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 4:56 pm

How much beef can you buy with 207 million? :o
Lots

Written By: Howard on 12/24/08 at 6:58 am

Lots

and a lot of hamburgers. :o

Written By: Dude111 on 12/28/08 at 10:54 pm

I would be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happy!

Written By: Howard on 12/29/08 at 5:46 am

Buy myself a brand new apartment.

Written By: ninny on 12/29/08 at 6:23 am

Buy myself a brand new apartment.

An apartment,you could own the whole building, or buy a house. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/29/08 at 4:57 pm

An apartment,you could own the whole building, or buy a house. :)

or be my own super.

Written By: NbC on 12/29/08 at 9:00 pm

I would hope to be stress free.  Hope, that is!

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/08 at 9:10 pm

Money may not buy happiness but it will help me buy lots of the things that make me happy damn it!  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/30/08 at 2:19 am

Money may not buy happiness but it will help me buy lots of the things that make me happy damn it!  ;D

So if money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it!
  - Weird Al, This Is The Life, (as in Johnny Dangerously, and as found on Dare to be Stupid, 1985).

(Fixed that for you :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/08 at 2:46 am

I'd buy a professional baseball team or at least be a share owner of a team and then I'd let all of you guys come to all the games for free and you'd all get free food and drink as my personal guests.  8)

Written By: Howard on 12/30/08 at 6:35 am

I'd be a deejay and play all the hits from the 70's and 80's since I was jamminoldies in the past.

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 10:15 am

I'd buy a professional baseball team or at least be a share owner of a team and then I'd let all of you guys come to all the games for free and you'd all get free food and drink as my personal guests.  8)

wait which team?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/30/08 at 10:17 am

wait which team?

who cares?  ;D

Free food and drink, I'm there baby!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 10:18 am

I'd be a deejay and play all the hits from the 70's and 80's since I was jamminoldies in the past.

not a bad Idea... think I'd buy my own network (or two) one to play all the TV shows I've loved my whole life - even some of the less critically acclaimed tho entertaining ones... and the other network to air the TV movies they never air anymore... aw forget the second network I will buy the first and then become friends with those in charge at Lifetime and get them to let me educate the head programmer for Lifetime Movie Network  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 10:20 am

who cares?   ;D

Free food and drink, I'm there baby!  ;)

well I don't know a lot about Baseball but don't the Cubbies kinda suck so who wants to go see that. I want Mike to buy a winning team.... .or the Dodgers because when you have Dodger Dogs you're too happy to care who's winning  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/30/08 at 4:55 pm

well I don't know a lot about Baseball but don't the Cubbies kinda suck so who wants to go see that.

Me!  I love the Cubbies and Mike has a great idea.  I would buy the Cubbies and Wrigley Field.  I love my Cubbies.  They don't suck, they took Central division, they just flaked in the playoffs.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/30/08 at 5:01 pm

Me!  I love the Cubbies and Mike has a great idea.  I would buy the Cubbies and Wrigley Field.  I love my Cubbies.  They don't suck, they took Central division, they just flaked in the playoffs.

Two years in a row :\'(

But if I actually owned the Cubs, I think I'd make some pretty good decisions :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/08 at 5:33 pm

well I don't know a lot about Baseball but don't the Cubbies kinda suck so who wants to go see that. I want Mike to buy a winning team.... .or the Dodgers because when you have Dodger Dogs you're too happy to care who's winning  ;D
Dodgers  :o  no way!  maybe the Diamondbacks, since thats somewhat near Winslow or the Orioles so I could pal around with Cal Ripken Jr. in our luxury box.

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 5:34 pm

well I'll go to a cubs game but only if someone hooks me up with Oprah tickets too... I mean if I'm gonna have to be in Chicago ya might as welll make it worth my time. Hey plus we could hang with Jess & Rice... okay I'm in but I still want Oprah Tickets.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/30/08 at 5:37 pm

well I'll go to a cubs game but only if someone hooks me up with Oprah tickets too... I mean if I'm gonna have to be in Chicago ya might as welll make it worth my time. Hey plus we could hang with Jess & Rice... okay I'm in but I still want Oprah Tickets.
Chicago style deep dish pizza  after the game, I'm down with that  :)  but I ain't going to no talk show  >:(  maybe you could take Howard with you on Oprah and she could help him get a girlfriend  ::)  she's always doing nice stuff for people. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 5:40 pm

Chicago style deep dish pizza  after the game, I'm down with that  :)  but I ain't going to no talk show  >:(   maybe you could take Howard with you on Oprah and she could help him get a girlfriend  ::)  she's always doing nice stuff for people. 

No if I'm going to Oprah she WILL be doing her favorite things or she'll have a celebrity on damn it... If I go to Oprah and she has a freaking my marriage sux or a makeover show I will be on the news for going nuts in the audience because I finally got to see oprah and all she had on was one of those eps I always delete.

She can have Nate Berkus on or Peter Walsh tho because I love those guys.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/08 at 6:50 pm

not a bad Idea... think I'd buy my own network (or two) one to play all the TV shows I've loved my whole life - even some of the less critically acclaimed tho entertaining ones... and the other network to air the TV movies they never air anymore... aw forget the second network I will buy the first and then become friends with those in charge at Lifetime and get them to let me educate the head programmer for Lifetime Movie Network  ;D

or just call it The Snoz Network!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/08 at 7:13 pm

or just call it The Snoz Network!  ;D

LOL I was going to call it Q-TV.  but snoz net sounds good too

Written By: ninny on 12/31/08 at 6:19 am

Q for Quality :)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 7:07 am

or just create a website called snoz.com  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 7:08 am

maybe you could take Howard with you on Oprah and she could help him get a girlfriend

It would take more than 207 million to get me on Oprah.

Written By: ninny on 12/31/08 at 9:13 am

It would take more than 207 million to get me on Oprah.

Why? You could wrte a book about it...

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 2:01 pm

Why? You could wrte a book about it...

and what would it be named?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 2:05 pm

How I Won 207 Million Dollars and Stayed the Same  by How Hard

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 2:07 pm

who would be the author?

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 2:10 pm

who would be the author?

*sigh* 

Typically when you have a book title written down followed by the word "by"  then presumably the author's name follows....

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 2:12 pm

*sigh*   

Typically when you have a book title written down followed by the word "by"  then presumably the author's name follows....

I don't like How Hard.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 2:13 pm

I don't like How Hard.

okay....

How I Won 207 Million Dollars and Stayed the Same
                                by
Howard (I'm not gonna tell you my last name because I don't want you to find me and kill me for the money)

;D

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 2:15 pm

okay.... How I Won 207 Million Dollars and Stayed the Same by Howard (I'm not gonna tell you my last name because I don't want you to find me and kill me for the money)

;D

Mrs.Berries?  ;D

Written By: ninny on 12/31/08 at 3:14 pm

Just read this in the New York Lottery news

Queens Lottery Retailer Returns $1,000,000 Winning Stratch-Off Ticket to Grateful Owner
Schenectady, NY – Mary Alice Fallon of Rockaway Point, Queens, and her seven children have a million reasons to thank the Queens grocery store clerk who decided to double check a discarded Lottery scratch-off ticket before disposing of it. The ticket, left on the store counter by Fallon because she thought it was a non-winner, turned out to be worth $1,000,000.

“I didn’t think about whether I should return (the ticket) to the customer or not; I just did,” said Christopher “Chris” Connelly, the clerk at Deirdre Maeves Supermarket in Breezy Point, NY. “I yelled, ‘wait, wait you need to come back. This is a big winner!’” After calling Fallon back to the counter, Connelly handed the $1,000,000 Mania instant ticket to the great grandmother of two and told her it was a $1,000,000 winner. Fallon immediately thanked Connelly for his honesty.

“I didn’t scratch the whole ticket. That was a mistake,” said Fallon. “If it wasn’t for (Chris) and his honesty, I could have thrown away $1,000,000 without knowing it. I guess someone was watching out for me.”

Fallon is a regular at the Breezy Point supermarket owned by Connelly’s mother Deirdre Connolly. The avid church-goer said she went to the neighborhood store on November 24, 2008 to buy Lottery scratch off tickets - one ticket from each of the store’s three different vending machines – as part of a routine she has followed religiously for the past 10 years. She never expected that she and her seven children - four sons and three daughters - would be traveling to the Lottery’s Customer Service Center in Garden City the following day to claim a $1,000,000 top prize on one of those tickets.

“Sharing this with my family, being able to give each of them a little extra something, means everything to me,” said the former homemaker who enjoys playing Lottery games as “one of life’s simple pleasures.”

Fallon and her children opted to claim the ticket as a group and will split the $1,000,000 annuity prize. Each will receive an annual payment of $6,250 before taxes. The annual net check for each will total more than $4,000. The Fallon family members scheduled to receive a share of the $1,000,000 prize include:

Mary Alice Fallon, retired homemaker, of Rockaway Point, Queens County
Peter Fallon, retired entrepreneur, of Queens Village, Queens County
David Fallon, retired marine biologist, of Miller Place, Suffolk County
Bernadette Fallon, retired school teacher and wife of Dennis Fallon, retired Wall St. trader, both of Breezy Point, Queens County
Paul Fallon, MTA administrator, of Bedford Hills, Westchester County
Susan Fallon Blum, church program administrator, of Garden City, Nassau County
Kevin Fallon, deputy inspector for the Suffolk County Police Department, of Holtsville, Suffolk County
Mary A. Fallon, attorney, of Ridgewood, NJ

I seemed to missed in the article how much she gave the gentlemen for being honest and telling her it was a winner.
It makes you think would you be that honest if you found the ticket?

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 3:35 pm

that's kind of disappointing.... not the good samaritan part but the $4000 a year... mean.... seriously- take the lump sum already

I did the math and that's an extra $333 dollars a month...sure you can buy stuff but it's not enough to "make a difference" I'd have to keep to my job on that kind of return

and personally... I think the attorney, the police inspector and the retired entrepanuer (providing he was a successful) should give the retired homemaker mom and the retired teacher their funds...because their the ones who need it most.

Written By: ninny on 12/31/08 at 3:55 pm

that's kind of disappointing.... not the good samaritan part but the $4000 a year... mean.... seriously- take the lump sum already

I did the math and that's an extra $333 dollars a month...sure you can buy stuff but it's not enough to "make a difference" I'd have to keep to my job on that kind of return

and personally... I think the attorney, the police inspector and the retired entrepanuer (providing he was a successful) should give the retired homemaker mom and the retired teacher their funds...because their the ones who need it most.

There is no lump sum on scratch offs, if she would of claimed the ticket for herself she would have gotten @$34,000 a year after taxes..you don't actually win a million it turns out to be @ $850,000. but you get a payment for 20 years. unless you seell your annuities to a company.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 4:09 pm

There is no lump sum on scratch offs, if she would of claimed the ticket for herself she would have gotten @$34,000 a year after taxes..you don't actually win a million it turns out to be @ $850,000. but you get a payment for 20 years. unless you seell your annuities to a company.

yeah I knew a million is never really a million....and 34K is a damn sight better than 4 sorry kids... mommy already raised you. Now you're on your own  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 12/31/08 at 4:14 pm

yeah I knew a million is never really a million....and 34K is a damn sight better than 4 sorry kids... mommy already raised you. Now you're on your own  ;D

Yes...fly ..  be free!    Boot.... :o

Written By: ninny on 12/31/08 at 4:17 pm

I know $4000 a piece what a joke,let mom keep the money.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 4:21 pm

yeah I just read the list again and screw that! all the kids did fine for themselves

they are all administrators which means they've achieved some level of success...and, upon further inspection I see the retired teacher is married to a wall street analyst....so screw the selfish kids... they should just give mom the money back

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 9:39 am

maybe own a franchise.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/06/09 at 2:40 am

I think I'd like to build a state of the art softball complex with 4 fields, one of them a domed stadium. that would probably use up about 40 million

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/miketigerstadium.jpg welcome to my ballpark  8)

Written By: Davester on 01/06/09 at 2:42 am

Give it to a charity...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/06/09 at 2:44 am

Give it to a charity...
what a waste  ::) 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/06/09 at 2:44 am

Give it to a charity...
of course I was only kidding.  that's admirable Davester, any particular ones in mind?

Written By: Davester on 01/06/09 at 2:47 am

what a waste  ::) 

;D

of course I was only kidding.  that's admirable Davester, any particular ones in mind?

I knew that...

Um, I haven't figured out which charity yet.  One that feeds hungry children, or something...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/06/09 at 2:50 am

;D

I knew that...

Um, I haven't figured out which charity yet.  One that feeds hungry children, or something...
wow, there's are lots of those. so after feeding thousands of hungry children and villages, how about spending on something outrageously cool for yourself

Written By: Davester on 01/06/09 at 2:52 am

wow, there's are lots of those. so after feeding thousands of hungry children and villages, how about spending on something outrageously cool for yourself

There's a Full Metal Jacket DVD box set that may be out of print.  It would be cool to track one of those down...

Written By: Howard on 01/06/09 at 6:43 am

I think I'd like to build a state of the art softball complex with 4 fields, one of them a domed stadium. that would probably use up about 40 million

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/miketigerstadium.jpg welcome to my ballpark  8)

call it Badfinger Field?  ???

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/09 at 6:46 am

buy the Playboy Mansion. ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1245/544377250_d5df479919.jpg

O0

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/09 at 8:05 pm

Give it to a charity...

would you please take the time to consider me a viable charity?  ;D

for the record... I was once a child and  I am always hungry  ;)

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/07/09 at 6:53 am

I'd buy Pathmark. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/09 at 12:20 pm

Has the money been spent yet?

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/09 at 1:38 pm

It has in my head  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/30/09 at 2:16 pm

No,there is plenty of money left over.

Written By: ninny on 01/31/09 at 6:40 am

We could buy the riverboat casino for all of us lunatics ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/31/09 at 6:42 am

We could buy the riverboat casino for all of us lunatics ;D

It'll be better than keeping this cheese bus.  ;D

Written By: ninny on 04/16/09 at 9:59 am

The mega millions is building back up..it's now 109 million. :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 04/16/09 at 11:05 am

Well first I would hire my MIL to be my housekeeper, a fantasy of mine.
Buy a lighthouse in Maine to summer in
Buy an island so I could make my own laws
Fund research on a time machine
Give my kids each 1 million dollars except the 18 yr old, him I would send to Military school
Take a cruise around the world to decide how to best invest my money.
Oh yeah buy a new heart on the black market, for a transplant.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/09 at 2:59 pm

The mega millions is building back up..it's now 109 million. :)

Wow,that's a lot but when they take out taxes how much would you come home with?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/09 at 3:01 pm

Would all this money solved the current credit crunch?

Written By: Howard on 04/16/09 at 3:48 pm

might not be enough to cover it.  :(

Written By: greenjello74 on 04/16/09 at 6:57 pm

It would mine.....

Written By: Frank on 04/17/09 at 12:04 am

Buy a big house, travel around the world, get a really COOL stereo...and bank the rest

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/09 at 1:57 am

Buy a big house, travel around the world, get a really COOL stereo...and bank the rest
Can you spend some of it?

Written By: Howard on 04/17/09 at 6:30 am

Can you spend some of it?

I know I would have to.

Written By: ninny on 04/19/09 at 11:44 am

It's now 130 million. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/09 at 3:37 pm

It's gone down?

Written By: Howard on 04/19/09 at 3:57 pm

Do you mean The New York State Lottery Jackpot? I'd take 130 million.

Written By: ninny on 04/19/09 at 7:27 pm

Do you mean The New York State Lottery Jackpot? I'd take 130 million.

No that's 34 million,the mega million is 130 million..CA · GA · IL · MD · MA · MI · NJ · NY · OH · TX · VA · WA.these are the states it is played in.

It's gone down?

This is a different one,someone won the 207 million a while back. no one has won it in a while so it is back up to 130 million. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/20/09 at 6:43 am

I'd take the money and renovate Pathmark. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/09 at 6:45 am

All of the Pathmark stores?

Written By: Howard on 04/20/09 at 7:19 am

All of the Pathmark stores?

just the one where I'm working now,It's a pigsty and I'll even put in flyer recyclable garbage bins.

Written By: ninny on 04/20/09 at 7:28 pm

Does it do a lot of business at your store? Would it make a profit?

Written By: Howard on 04/20/09 at 7:37 pm

Does it do a lot of business at your store? Would it make a profit?

Yes,pretty much on busy days.within the next few months The Pathmark in West Hempstead Long Island will close so that means more business and even MORE wagons than before. :)

Written By: ninny on 04/21/09 at 5:18 am

Yes,pretty much on busy days.within the next few months The Pathmark in West Hempstead Long Island will close so that means more business and even MORE wagons than before. :)

That is good for your store but unfortunate for the employees of the West Hempstead store. Will any of their workers get switched to another store?

Written By: Howard on 04/21/09 at 6:37 am

That is good for your store but unfortunate for the employees of the West Hempstead store. Will any of their workers get switched to another store?

I'm pretty sure there will be more workers coming from West Hempstead to Garden City possibly within the next few months or so,nobody knows for sure yet but there is a good chance that there will be even more wagons and maybe more new workers so that means maybe my hours will be cut,who knows?  ???

Written By: ninny on 04/21/09 at 7:27 am

I'm pretty sure there will be more workers coming from West Hempstead to Garden City possibly within the next few months or so,nobody knows for sure yet but there is a good chance that there will be even more wagons and maybe more new workers so that means maybe my hours will be cut,who knows?  ???

Lets hope your hours aren't cut.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/09 at 3:03 pm

Lets hope your hours aren't cut.

Well,if they are well then instead of 20-30hrs,It might be something like 15-20 or 20-25.And that also means 3 days instead of 2 days.

Written By: ninny on 04/22/09 at 7:36 am

No one won on Tuesday so the amount is...$155 million,cash option.$102.5 million

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/09 at 7:40 am

No one won on Tuesday so the amount is...$155 million,cash option.$102.5 million
So you did not win it then?

Written By: ninny on 04/22/09 at 10:14 am

So you did not win it then?

No,my husband did not even spend money on it. I told him he was lucky no one won,so he better spend some for Fridays drawing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/09 at 11:52 am

No,my husband did not even spend money on it. I told him he was lucky no one won,so he better spend some for Fridays drawing.
You must work out a system on the numbers previously drawn.

Written By: Howard on 04/22/09 at 4:27 pm

Damn,I need that money.

Written By: ninny on 04/23/09 at 7:26 am

You must work out a system on the numbers previously drawn.

It would be nice if it was that easy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/09 at 7:48 am

It would be nice if it was that easy.
I will take a long while to do.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/09 at 2:53 pm

I would probably need to pay some bills.

Written By: ninny on 04/24/09 at 6:09 am

I would probably need to pay some bills.

Me too. ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/24/09 at 6:35 am

I would also help to pay for things are needed to be paid off such as the mortgage,electricity,and stuff around the house.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/09 at 6:48 am

I would also help to pay for things are needed to be paid off such as the mortgage,electricity,and stuff around the house.
...buy a new house ?

Written By: Howard on 04/24/09 at 7:00 am

...buy a new house ?

I think my Father wants to keep this house,We've been here living in this home for almost 35 years.

Written By: ninny on 04/24/09 at 10:30 am

That is very sweet of you.

I think my Father wants to keep this house,We've been here living in this home for almost 35 years.

Maybe due some repairs if it needs it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/09 at 10:31 am

That is very sweet of you.
Where do we start the queue?

Written By: Howard on 04/24/09 at 7:23 pm

That is very sweet of you.Maybe due some repairs if it needs it.

Most of the repairs would have to come out of my paycheck if it happens since I'm the only one coming home with money right now.

Written By: ninny on 04/25/09 at 4:37 am

No one won so the estimated amount for Tuesdays drawing is $181 million,with the cash option of $117.4 million

Written By: Howard on 04/25/09 at 6:29 am

No one won so the estimated amount for Tuesdays drawing is $181 million,with the cash option of $117.4 million

Wow,that's a lot of money to spend.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/09 at 6:31 am

Tax free ?

Written By: Howard on 04/25/09 at 6:34 am

Tax free ?

So that means they are going to take out taxes?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/09 at 6:36 am

So that means they are going to take out taxes?  ???
Creditors chasing you?

Written By: Howard on 04/25/09 at 6:38 am

Creditors chasing you?

There shouldn't be.

Written By: ninny on 04/25/09 at 9:26 am

Tax free ?

I believe that is what the cash option is
If you win a Mega Millions jackpot, you will choose how to be paid: Cash Option or Annual Payout. Prize claim parameters vary from state to state. Contact your Mega Millions lottery for detailed information.

Annuity option: Provides annual payments over a 26-year period.

Cash option: A one-time, lump-sum payment that is equal to the cash in the Mega Millions jackpot prize pool.

Choose how you want to receive your jackpot prize:

Advertised Jackpot Annual Payout Approx. Cash Value
$12 million $461,538/year $7,042,000
$25 million $961,538/year $14,670,000
$60 million $2,307,692/year $35,210,000
$137 million $5,269,231/year $80,396,000
$270 million $10,384,615/year $158,445,000
$331 million $12,730,769/year $194,242,000

NOTE: The cash value amounts above are estimates, subject to market and/or interest rate fluctuations.

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/09 at 5:23 pm

Well first I would hire my MIL to be my housekeeper, a fantasy of mine.
Buy a lighthouse in Maine to summer in
Buy an island so I could make my own laws
Fund research on a time machine
Give my kids each 1 million dollars except the 18 yr old, him I would send to Military school
Take a cruise around the world to decide how to best invest my money.
Oh yeah buy a new heart on the black market, for a transplant.

Deliciously evil... I like it!

I keep changing...

Now I would buy front row seats for me and my friends at the TV event I go to each year.
I'd buy a certain friend two cars...one for her and one for her daughter...oh and plane tickets to come see me
My mom gets her cruise (I guess she can take my dad with her  ;D )
I need a new car and a crash pad in LA...plus my Santa Barbara home.
And charity... I would give a bunch to charity...there's one I want to start....I think its a good idea too

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/09 at 5:26 pm

I believe that is what the cash option is
If you win a Mega Millions jackpot, you will choose how to be paid: Cash Option or Annual Payout. Prize claim parameters vary from state to state. Contact your Mega Millions lottery for detailed information.

Cash option: A one-time, lump-sum payment that is equal to the cash in the Mega Millions jackpot prize pool.

Choose how you want to receive your jackpot prize:

Advertised Jackpot Annual Payout Approx. Cash Value
$12 million $461,538/year $7,042,000
$25 million $961,538/year $14,670,000
$60 million $2,307,692/year $35,210,000
$137 million $5,269,231/year $80,396,000
$270 million $10,384,615/year $158,445,000
$331 million $12,730,769/year $194,242,000

NOTE: The cash value amounts above are estimates, subject to market and/or interest rate fluctuations.

here's my question... lets say you win the 137 mil. and you take the cash value...you quit your job and you don't invest the money so you no longer earn an income.... are you exempt from filing a tax return for the rest of your life? I'm glad I have friend who are lawyers and will be there to advise me when I win....

Written By: Howard on 04/25/09 at 6:45 pm

I would give some to friends and family,the people who need it the most. :)

Written By: ninny on 04/26/09 at 5:52 am

here's my question... lets say you win the 137 mil. and you take the cash value...you quit your job and you don't invest the money so you no longer earn an income.... are you exempt from filing a tax return for the rest of your life? I'm glad I have friend who are lawyers and will be there to advise me when I win....

Good question. I think if you keep the money yourself and don't put it in the bank,and you have no other source of income that you would not have to file taxes. They should take your taxes out when you get your money if you do the cash option, if you take payments then you get taxed every year,but you are responsible after the first payment to pay your own taxes.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/09 at 6:35 am

I would like to be a deejay since I have so many CDs and music cassette tapes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/09 at 6:42 am

I would like to be a deejay since I have so many CDs and music cassette tapes.
Start your own online radio station?

Written By: Howard on 04/26/09 at 6:43 am

Start your own online radio station?

call myself DJ jamminoldies.

Written By: ninny on 04/26/09 at 7:44 am

call myself DJ jamminoldies.

Would you own your own club?

Written By: Howard on 04/27/09 at 5:41 am

Would you own your own club?

Yes I would if I was never on SSD and made tons of money.

Written By: ninny on 04/27/09 at 5:49 am

Yes I would if I was never on SSD and made tons of money.

They would not give you SSD payments if you win the money either.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/09 at 5:54 am

They would not give you SSD payments if you win the money either.

Hey,that's fine with me.

Written By: ninny on 04/27/09 at 12:54 pm

Hey,that's fine with me.

Yeah if you had that kind of money you would not need SSD.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/09 at 2:41 pm

Yeah if you had that kind of money you would not need SSD.

Yeah Ninny I kind of feel that being on SSI stopped me from getting a full time job and making a good amount of money.Well,I no longer receive SSI now I get SSD cause my Father's retirement and disability and my Mother's part time job.

Written By: ninny on 04/27/09 at 7:41 pm

Yeah Ninny I kind of feel that being on SSI stopped me from getting a full time job and making a good amount of money.Well,I no longer receive SSI now I get SSD cause my Father's retirement and disability and my Mother's part time job.

I know how you feel.I have a bad back that affects my left leg so I get SSD and Missy gets it because she is 17 & still in high school. I could work part time ,but the job I had before disability was at Arby's and my husband is afraid I will make my back worse.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/09 at 6:35 am

I know how you feel.I have a bad back that affects my left leg so I get SSD and Missy gets it because she is 17 & still in high school. I could work part time ,but the job I had before disability was at Arby's and my husband is afraid I will make my back worse.

Do you get both SSI and SSD?

Written By: ninny on 04/28/09 at 7:03 am

Do you get both SSI and SSD?

I only get SSD

Written By: Howard on 04/28/09 at 7:19 pm

I only get SSD

I get SSD but I get it through Direct Deposit.

Written By: ninny on 04/29/09 at 3:57 am

I get SSD but I get it through Direct Deposit.

I have a debit card it goes in.

No one won last night,so the jackpot is $220 million with a cash option of $1143,5 million :)

Written By: Howard on 04/29/09 at 6:09 am

I have a debit card it goes in.

No one won last night,so the jackpot is $220 million with a cash option of $1143,5 million :)

Wow,you must be joking,that sure a lot of money,I'd take it.

Written By: ninny on 04/29/09 at 8:49 am

Wow,you must be joking,that sure a lot of money,I'd take it.

You and me both

Written By: Howard on 04/29/09 at 1:50 pm

But how much of the taxes would be taken out from the 207?

Written By: ninny on 04/30/09 at 10:31 am

But how much of the taxes would be taken out from the 207?

It's up to 220 million  If you win a Mega Millions jackpot, you will choose how to be paid: Cash Option or Annual Payout. Prize claim parameters vary from state to state. Contact your Mega Millions lottery for detailed information.

Hopefully if you take the cash option the taxes are already taken out.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/09 at 4:10 pm

It's up to 220 million  If you win a Mega Millions jackpot, you will choose how to be paid: Cash Option or Annual Payout. Prize claim parameters vary from state to state. Contact your Mega Millions lottery for detailed information.

I don't trust that...

A) I will be around for 26 years

and

B) even if I am what if they run out of money???? 

nope...I'm all about the lump sum!!!!

Written By: barefootrobin on 04/30/09 at 4:11 pm

I would buy a huge mansion in the country and open an Abused Women Rehabiliation Centre.  A place where women and their children who have suffered extreme physical and emotional abuse can go to be rehabilitated.  They would stay for a year and receive daily, intense self esteem boosting treatments, an education, anti brainwashing, etc. etc.  While they stayed their children would receive the same treatments in order to end the cycle.  

The grounds would be gated and heavily guarded.  The women and children would receive the best education from the best tutors.  There would be a spa, a gym,and cooking, entertaining  and etiquette courses.  

This facility would turn out a whole new breed of Super Women and their children.  I would turn victims into survivors and they will come out strong and will never give their power away again.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/09 at 4:18 pm

I would buy a huge mansion in the country and open an Abused Women Rehabiliation Centre.  A place where women and their children who have suffered extreme physical and emotional abuse can go to be rehabilitated.  They would stay for a year and receive daily, intense self esteem boosting treatments, an education, anti brainwashing, etc. etc.  While they stayed their children would receive the same treatments in order to end the cycle.  

The grounds would be gated and heavily guarded.  The women and children would receive the best education from the best tutors.  There would be a spa, a gym,and cooking, entertaining  and etiquette courses.  

This facility would turn out a whole new breed of Super Women and their children.  I would turn victims into survivors and they will come out strong and will never give their power away again.

I thought of something like this... I was actually thinking along the lines of purchasing an apartment complex... giving each family a two bedroom apartment to reside in until they can get on their feet...starting a community with day care, job coaching and counseling... just something to make it feel more like a home than a shelter...

I like your idea too!

Written By: barefootrobin on 04/30/09 at 4:34 pm

I thought of something like this... I was actually thinking along the lines of purchasing an apartment complex... giving each family a two bedroom apartment to reside in until they can get on their feet...starting a community with day care, job coaching and counseling... just something to make it feel more like a home than a shelter...

I like your idea too!

I like your idea too! :)

Written By: Howard on 04/30/09 at 6:55 pm

I'll take the cash option.

Written By: ninny on 05/02/09 at 6:16 am

I'll take the cash option.

3 people won last night. They were from California, Ohio & Virginia. NY had 9 second place winners who will get $250,000 each.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 6:27 am

3 people won last night. They were from California, Ohio & Virginia. NY had 9 second place winners who will get $250,000 each.

hey I'm in Cali!!! DID I WIN????  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/09 at 6:36 am

Did Jeff win?

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 6:38 am

Did Jeff win?

no I think it was me!  ;)

Written By: ninny on 05/02/09 at 7:48 am

And your going to share the wealth......right ;D

Written By: ninny on 05/02/09 at 7:57 am

Here are the 2nd place winners in NY state.
Winning Counties: Albany(QP), Bronx(2), Kings, Queens, Richmond(2)(QP), Rockland(QP), Westchester(QP)

All downstate >:( what a croc, nobody in Western Ny,the Southern Tier,Central Ny, nobody any farther north than Albany county. >:( >:(.
I swear sometimes they are fixed.
Tim says it's because more people live there so they have more chances :-\\..I'm still mad.

Woops I almost forgot I did win $2 for having the mega ball ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/02/09 at 2:41 pm

Was My family one of them?

Written By: Howard on 05/02/09 at 2:42 pm

yes you won another scratch off lottery ticket.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/09 at 6:47 am

I'd buy myself a new computer with the money,this laptop has had it.

Written By: ninny on 08/20/09 at 11:51 am

It's back up to 207 million again :)

Written By: Frank on 08/20/09 at 12:12 pm

Buy a house. Buy a car. Buy a better computer
Give loads of it to third world countries and feed the poor and starving.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/09 at 12:31 pm

Oh, like the United States?  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/09 at 12:44 pm

I'm feeling hungry at the moment.

Written By: Frank on 08/20/09 at 2:37 pm

Oh, like the United States?  :-\\

Cat

I was thinking of countries within the 10-40 window (Africa, Middle east, parts of Asia)

Written By: Howard on 08/20/09 at 3:21 pm

I feel like buying myself an old Nintendo System complete with Laser Gun.

Written By: Frank on 08/20/09 at 6:00 pm

..and what would you do with the rest of the 206.9 Million dollars?

Written By: Womble on 08/20/09 at 7:00 pm

I'd probably sail around the world.........and then some!  :)

Written By: La Roche on 08/20/09 at 7:09 pm

I'd buy a judge, a few Congressmen and a Senator then basically act like a Kennedy.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/20/09 at 7:45 pm

I'd buy a judge, a few Congressmen and a Senator then basically act like a Kennedy.  ;D
you'd be like Don Corleone, with all those judges and politicians in your pocket like so many nickles and dimes

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/09 at 8:20 pm

how much you willing to pay?

Written By: Howard on 08/20/09 at 9:32 pm

a million dollars worth of Nintendo games?

Written By: Howard on 08/20/09 at 9:33 pm

how much you willing to pay?

300 dollars.

Written By: Bobo on 08/20/09 at 9:38 pm

a million dollars worth of Nintendo games?

Just a million dollars' worth of games for 207 million? That's a bit expensive!

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/09 at 10:30 pm

300 dollars.

for 300 dollars I will sell you my old school nintendo and laser gun.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/09 at 5:51 am

Just a million dollars' worth of games for 207 million? That's a bit expensive!

Well,Nintendo games aren't that expensive.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/09 at 5:51 am

for 300 dollars I will sell you my old school nintendo and laser gun.

What games do you have?

Written By: Howard on 08/21/09 at 5:54 am

Then I'd buy myself a supermodel.

Written By: ninny on 08/21/09 at 7:04 am

Then I'd buy myself a supermodel.

With your spare change ;D

Can you buy your Mega Million where you work?

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/09 at 12:26 pm

What games do you have?

let me get back to  you on that..

Written By: Howard on 08/21/09 at 6:28 pm

With your spare change ;D

Can you buy your Mega Million where you work?

spare change? I'd buy my supermodel for 1 million dollars.

Written By: ninny on 08/22/09 at 6:11 am

No one won so it is up to..$252 million with a cash option of $159.2 million :)
24 people win $250 thousand

California(4), Georgia(3), Michigan(2), New Jersey(6), New York(3), Ohio(2), Texas(2) and Virginia(2).

Written By: Howard on 08/22/09 at 6:49 am

I'd buy me the Playboy Mansion and take over Hugh Hefner's job. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/09 at 10:14 am

No one won so it is up to..$252 million with a cash option of $159.2 million :)
24 people win $250 thousand

California(4), Georgia(3), Michigan(2), New Jersey(6), New York(3), Ohio(2), Texas(2) and Virginia(2).

that sucks.... you think you won 250K and go cash it in only to find out you actually won less than 10k (figure 50% for taxes its 5K) I'd almost rather not win than have that slap in the face.......hey I said almost!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/09 at 10:15 am

I'd buy me the Playboy Mansion and take over Hugh Hefner's job. ;)

I doubt you'd know what to do with it once you had it Howard  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/22/09 at 3:39 pm

I doubt you'd know what to do with it once you had it Howard  ;)

I'd hire some Playboy Bunnies. ;D

Written By: ninny on 08/26/09 at 6:49 am

It's up to $325 million or cash option $204 million.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/09 at 6:51 am

No one has won it yet?

Written By: ninny on 08/26/09 at 3:57 pm

No one has won it yet?

Nope, next drawing is Friday night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/09 at 4:02 pm

Nope, next drawing is Friday night.
Got your tickets yet?

Written By: ninny on 08/26/09 at 4:19 pm

Got your tickets yet?

No hopefully I will get some on Friday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/09 at 4:46 pm

No hopefully I will get some on Friday.
Don't leave it till too late.

Written By: ninny on 08/26/09 at 5:22 pm

Don't leave it till too late.

Tim has Friday off and we have to take Missy & Daniel back home, so I will have him stop somewhere to buy them.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/09 at 5:51 pm

With that much,I'd buy myself a mansion.

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 5:01 am

There was 2 winners last night,one in California and the other in New York.
A lucky winner of the giant jackpot bought their ticket in the Bronx, Mega Millions officials said. The other ticket was sold in San Gabriel, California.
The two winning tickets are now each worth $166.5 million.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 5:49 am

There was 2 winners last night,one in California and the other in New York.
A lucky winner of the giant jackpot bought their ticket in the Bronx, Mega Millions officials said. The other ticket was sold in San Gabriel, California.
The two winning tickets are now each worth $166.5 million.

Not you then?

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 6:34 am

Not you then?

I wish it was me that won the money.  :(

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 6:37 am

Not you then?

I wish it was me that won the money.  :(

I know the feeling >:(..Hey you had a better chance the Bronx is closer to you than me.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 6:40 am

I know the feeling >:(..Hey you had a better chance the Bronx is closer to you than me.

But I rarely play the lottery,only those scratch off lottery tickets is what I play.

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 7:42 am

But I rarely play the lottery,only those scratch off lottery tickets is what I play.

Well there you go how are you suppose to win if you hardly play.

Written By: ninny on 08/29/09 at 3:26 pm

This is where the Mega Million ticket was purchased:
Fordham Convenience, 38 W. Fordham Rd., Bronx (Quick Pick)
If this is near you Howie you need to go buy tickets there, they have had other winners.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 3:29 pm

If this is near you Howie you need to go buy tickets there, they have had other winners.
Bronx, that's in New York, so could if had been Howard?

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 3:32 pm

Bronx, that's in New York, so could if had been Howard?

I wish I was the winner.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 3:33 pm

I'm not going to The Bronx for lottery tickets,I'll stick to Queens.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 3:33 pm

what's wrong with the bronx? some of my favorite TV characters live in the Bronx.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 3:36 pm

what's wrong with the bronx? some of my favorite TV characters live in the Bronx.

nothing's wrong with Bronx,I just don't want to travel over there.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 3:37 pm

nothing's wrong with Bronx,I just don't want to travel over there.

but what if you could win a hundred million dollars if you did?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 3:38 pm

I wish I was the winner.
So it is not you?

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 3:39 pm

but what if you could win a hundred million dollars if you did?

I sure wouldn't be living here.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 3:40 pm

So it is not you?

No.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 3:41 pm

Why, too expensive?

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 3:44 pm

I didn't say you had to live there... I just wondered if you would go there if it meant increasing your chances to win 100 million dollars  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/09 at 3:45 pm

I didn't say you had to live there... I just wondered if you would go there if it meant increasing your chances to win 100 million dollars  ::)
A lucky lottery machine?

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 4:08 pm

No I mean here at my house the one I've been living for 36 years.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/09 at 4:09 pm

Why, too expensive?

a little too expensive.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/09 at 5:09 pm

No I mean here at my house the one I've been living for 36 years.

oh I get it sorry its my turn to misread a post.....but the question still stands...would you go to the bronx to buy a ticket if the odds of winning are better there?

Written By: Howard on 08/30/09 at 6:46 am

oh I get it sorry its my turn to misread a post.....but the question still stands...would you go to the bronx to buy a ticket if the odds of winning are better there?

Yeah sure I would.

Written By: ninny on 08/30/09 at 7:07 am

They have a lot of winners in Queens county too. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/30/09 at 7:14 am

They have a lot of winners in Queens county too. :)

But why can't the Starr Family be one of them?  :(

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 9:59 am

But why can't the Starr Family be one of them?  :(

because of this......

Written By: ninny on 08/30/09 at 11:00 am

Shiv Convenience, 169-07 Hillside Ave., Jamaica (Free Play)
Fortune Hut, 76-11 101 Ave., Ozone Park (Quick Pick)
Rockline News, 60-19 Roosevelt Ave., Woodside (Quick Pick)
RS 2001, 37-67 90th Street, Jackson Heights (Free Play)
Kong's Stationary, 58-18 99th St., Corona (Quick Pick)
Prime Stationers Inc., 107-36 71st Ave., Forest Hills
Shah & Shah, 79-24 Parson Blvd., Flushing
# Lucky Corona, 103-01 Roosevelt Ave., Corona (Quick Pick)
# Pramukh 162, 162-20 Northern Blvd., Flushing (Quick Pick)
# E & B Colony Wines, 84-01 37th Ave., Jackson Heights (Quick Pick)
# Hess Mart, 285 Wading River Rd., Manorville (Quick Pick)
Sunnyside Executive, 46-22 Queens Blvd., Sunnyside (Quick Pick)

This is the partial list in Queens county that have had winners in Take 5 and second place in Mega Millions.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 11:17 am

This is the partial list in Queens county that have had winners in Take 5 and second place in Mega Millions.

can you compile one of these for the Santa Barbara/Goleta Area in Cali?  ;)

Written By: ninny on 08/30/09 at 2:34 pm

can you compile one of these for the Santa Barbara/Goleta Area in Cali?  ;)

I tried to look it up, but I could not get it to show where the winners were from :( all it would give me was a list of stores in your are where you can purchase tickets.
RALPHS GROCERY #010 5170 HOLLISTER AV
That looks like a good place

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/09 at 2:39 pm

I tried to look it up, but I could not get it to show where the winners were from :( all it would give me was a list of stores in your are where you can purchase tickets.
Who lives the nearest to heer?

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 2:58 pm

thanks for looking.

Who lives the nearest to heer?

well I pass it everyday on my way to and from work.... 

Written By: ninny on 08/30/09 at 3:45 pm

thanks for looking.

well I pass it everyday on my way to and from work.... 

this is the list for Goleta
7-ELEVEN 2133-13888B 7443 HOLLISTER AVE GOLETA 93117
7-ELEVEN 2133-15191A 7390 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
7-ELEVEN 2133-18823D 5810 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS #6354 7127 HOLLISTER AV 27 GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS #6357 5801 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS 6354 7127 HOLLISTER AV 27 GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS 6357 5801 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
ANGELO'S LIQUOR 5599 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
BAYOU & DEMISSE SNACK 5648 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
BEACON 352-3752 5661 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
CHEERS LIQUOR 7320 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
CHEERS LIQUORS 7320 HOLLISTER AV #2 GOLETA 93117
CONTINENTAL LIQUORS 290 B STORK RD GOLETA 93117
CVS PHARMACY #9156 5875 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
FRONT PAGE 5737 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
INDO CHINA MARKET 6831 HOLLISTER AVE GOLETA 93117
ISLA VISTA MKT 939 EMBARCADERO DEL MAR GOLETA 93117
LONGS DRUG NO 156 5875 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
OLD TOWN TAVERN 261 ORANGE AV GOLETA 93117
ORCHID BOWL 5925 CALLE REAL
ORIENTAL MARKET 5863 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
ORIENTAL MARKET & LIQUOR 5863 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
RALPHS GROCERY #010 5170 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93111
TIME FOR LIQUOR 109 S FAIRVIEW AV GOLETA 93117
VALERO #3752 5661 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
VONS FUEL CENTER 2691 165 N FAIRVIEW AV GOLETA 93117
VONS GROCERY 2691 175 N FAIRVIEW AVE GOLETA 93117
WALNUT SHELL 5097 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93111
WINCHESTER 76 + MARKET 20 WINCHESTER CYN RD GOLETA 93117
ZODO'S BOWLING & BEYOND 5925 CALLE REAL GOLETA 931

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 4:00 pm

this is the list for Goleta
7-ELEVEN 2133-13888B 7443 HOLLISTER AVE GOLETA 93117
7-ELEVEN 2133-15191A 7390 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
7-ELEVEN 2133-18823D 5810 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS #6354 7127 HOLLISTER AV 27 GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS #6357 5801 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS 6354 7127 HOLLISTER AV 27 GOLETA 93117
ALBERTSONS 6357 5801 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
ANGELO'S LIQUOR 5599 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
BAYOU & DEMISSE SNACK 5648 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
BEACON 352-3752 5661 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
CHEERS LIQUOR 7320 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
CHEERS LIQUORS 7320 HOLLISTER AV #2 GOLETA 93117
CONTINENTAL LIQUORS 290 B STORK RD GOLETA 93117
CVS PHARMACY #9156 5875 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
FRONT PAGE 5737 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
INDO CHINA MARKET 6831 HOLLISTER AVE GOLETA 93117
ISLA VISTA MKT 939 EMBARCADERO DEL MAR GOLETA 93117
LONGS DRUG NO 156 5875 CALLE REAL GOLETA 93117
OLD TOWN TAVERN 261 ORANGE AV GOLETA 93117
ORCHID BOWL 5925 CALLE REAL
ORIENTAL MARKET 5863 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
ORIENTAL MARKET & LIQUOR 5863 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93117
RALPHS GROCERY #010 5170 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93111
TIME FOR LIQUOR 109 S FAIRVIEW AV GOLETA 93117
VONS FUEL CENTER 2691 165 N FAIRVIEW AV GOLETA 93117
VONS GROCERY 2691 175 N FAIRVIEW AVE GOLETA 93117
WALNUT SHELL 5097 HOLLISTER AV GOLETA 93111
WINCHESTER 76 + MARKET 20 WINCHESTER CYN RD GOLETA 93117
ZODO'S BOWLING & BEYOND 5925 CALLE REAL GOLETA 931

are these the ones with good odds of winning or just more to choose from? 

for the record I regularly buy from Continental liquors

hmmm  a couple places are listed twice maybe that's a sign!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/09 at 5:50 am

Wow,that's a lot.  :o

Written By: ninny on 08/31/09 at 6:19 am

are these the ones with good odds of winning or just more to choose from? 

for the record I regularly buy from Continental liquors

hmmm  a couple places are listed twice maybe that's a sign!  ;)

Just to choose from.

Written By: ninny on 08/31/09 at 6:21 am

Wow,that's a lot.  :o

Yes it is..Tim & I always get mad because when we look up the winners there is a lot from Queens County.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/09 at 6:01 pm

Yes it is..Tim & I always get mad because when we look up the winners there is a lot from Queens County.

and too bad our family is not one of them.  :(

Written By: ninny on 08/31/09 at 6:18 pm

and too bad our family is not one of them.  :(

Are any of those stores near you?

Written By: Howard on 09/01/09 at 6:43 am

Are any of those stores near you?

Yeah,there's a Hallmark store around the corner from us.

Written By: ninny on 09/01/09 at 10:09 am

I didn't see that on the list.

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/09 at 12:49 pm

hallmark sells lottery tickets?!?

What's their slogan?  When you care enough to send the gift that hardly ever gives back???  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/01/09 at 2:32 pm

hallmark sells lottery tickets?!?

What's their slogan?  When you care enough to send the gift that hardly ever gives back???  ;D

It's not called Hallmark anymore,it's called Cards And Gifts.

Written By: ninny on 09/01/09 at 2:50 pm

Some more winners in Queens County
# Pkg Card & News Inc., 57-03 Junction Blvd., Elmhurst
# Larry's Liquor & Wine Inc., 95-15 57th Ave., Elmhurst
Snug Store Inc., 101-22 Queens Blvd., Forest Hills (Free Play)
Alam Newsstand, 74-19A Roosevelt Ave., Jackson Heights (Free Play)
V & F Food Inc., 108-02 Liberty Ave., Richmond Hill
Lucky 1 Food Corp., 86-10 Rockaway Beach Blvd., Far Rockaway
Ganesh Grocery Inc., 66-99 Fresh Pond Road, Ridgewood
Woodan 29-36 Union St., Flushing (Quick Pick)
Middle Village Card, 79-24 Eliot Ave., Middle Village (Free Play)
LIC Deli & Grocery, 29-01 39th Ave., Long Island City
S & F Petro Inc, 148-12 Rockaway Blvd, South Ozone Park
22-44 News & Magazines, 22-44 31st St. Astoria (Quick Pick)
MSK Food, 2 Bay Club Drive, Bayside (Quick Pick)

All these places have had first place winners in the Take 5 in the month of July

Written By: Howard on 09/01/09 at 2:56 pm

This is much closer.^

Written By: ninny on 09/01/09 at 3:58 pm

This is much closer.^

You need to go there.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/09 at 5:59 am

You need to go there.

I'll wait till it comes here.

Written By: ninny on 09/02/09 at 9:36 am

I'll wait till it comes here.

Not worth going there for a chance of a winner.

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/09 at 4:03 pm

Not worth going there for a chance of a winner.

you're fighting a battle  you can't win ninny... I've already tried and given up.

Howard is impervious to logic and reason  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/09 at 5:54 pm

you're fighting a battle  you can't win ninny... I've already tried and given up.

;D That's why I win and she loses.  ;D

Written By: anabel on 09/04/09 at 8:56 am

Some more winners in Queens County
# Pkg Card & News Inc., 57-03 Junction Blvd., Elmhurst
# Larry's Liquor & Wine Inc., 95-15 57th Ave., Elmhurst
Snug Store Inc., 101-22 Queens Blvd., Forest Hills (Free Play)
Alam Newsstand, 74-19A Roosevelt Ave., Jackson Heights (Free Play)
V & F Food Inc., 108-02 Liberty Ave., Richmond Hill
Lucky 1 Food Corp., 86-10 Rockaway Beach Blvd., Far Rockaway
Ganesh Grocery Inc., 66-99 Fresh Pond Road, Ridgewood
Woodan 29-36 Union St., Flushing (Quick Pick)
Middle Village Card, 79-24 Eliot Ave., Middle Village (Free Play)
LIC Deli & Grocery, 29-01 39th Ave., Long Island City
S & F Petro Inc, 148-12 Rockaway Blvd, South Ozone Park
22-44 News & Magazines, 22-44 31st St. Astoria (Quick Pick)

All these places have had first place winners in the Take 5 in the month of July

Gosh, those "New Yorkans" are sure lucky!  ;D

Yes, I know it's really New Yorkers.  ;)

Written By: ninny on 09/04/09 at 11:10 am

I 'm starting to figure that out now :)

Written By: ninny on 09/04/09 at 11:11 am

;D That's why I win and she loses.  ;D

No you lose because you wont go to the winning stores ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/09 at 6:30 pm

hmmmm maybe you can win after all!!!!

Written By: Howard on 09/04/09 at 6:32 pm

I don't win anyways so who cares.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/04/09 at 6:33 pm

I'd buy Pathmark brand new spanking carts.

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/09 at 8:58 pm

I'd buy Pathmark brand new spanking carts.

:o  why not just give me half of what it would cost for new carts for Pathmark that way the money goes to better use?  ;)

Written By: ninny on 09/05/09 at 4:49 am

I don't win anyways so who cares.  :P

You would if you went to the right store :)

Written By: Howard on 09/05/09 at 6:38 am

:o   why not just give me half of what it would cost for new carts for Pathmark that way the money goes to better use?  ;)

But they need some new carts,I mean look at the old ones they're starting to get corroded with rust.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/09 at 6:39 am

You would if you went to the right store :)

The only thing I win is a measley 1 or 2 dollars from those stupid scratch off lottery tickets.

Written By: ninny on 09/05/09 at 6:54 am

The only thing I win is a measley 1 or 2 dollars from those stupid scratch off lottery tickets.

Instead of the scratch off tickets try playing the Take 5 or Lotto. If you do get scratch off tickets you actually are better off buying $5 or up to win a bigger prize.
The other day someone won $89,790.50 in Queens county on the Take 5.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/09 at 7:23 am

Instead of the scratch off tickets try playing the Take 5 or Lotto. If you do get scratch off tickets you actually are better off buying $5 or up to win a bigger prize.
The other day someone won $89,790.50 in Queens county on the Take 5.

Yeah maybe I should try the 5 dollar ones.

Written By: ninny on 09/05/09 at 7:27 am

Yeah maybe I should try the 5 dollar ones.

It wouldn't hurt as long as you don't spend too much money. You should try the Hit $500 they are suppose to have a lot of $500 winners.

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 9:55 am

But they need some new carts,I mean look at the old ones they're starting to get corroded with rust.

if you won a lot of money in the lotto would you still care about Pathmark and their carts?  ???

Personally, I would quit my job before I even collected the cash!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/05/09 at 2:55 pm

if you won a lot of money in the lotto would you still care about Pathmark and their carts?  ???

Personally, I would quit my job before I even collected the cash!  ;)

I would keep my job but I wouldn't care about the stupid carts,I would like to try to work indoors.

Written By: Frank on 09/05/09 at 5:46 pm

I would keep my job but I wouldn't care about the stupid carts,I would like to try to work indoors.

If you win 207 million, leave your job there right away.

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 5:55 pm

that's what I was thinking... hell.... if you win 5 million there;s still no reason to work at Pathmark. Indoors or out. 

Written By: Frank on 09/05/09 at 5:59 pm

that's what I was thinking... hell.... if you win 5 million there;s still no reason to work at Pathmark. Indoors or out. 

Even if you win 1 or 2 million.

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/09 at 6:02 pm

Even if you win 1 or 2 million.

true... I'm thinking if I win one or two million I would blow thru it pretty fast so I'd need to keep my job.  but maybe quit for a year or two and then find something else once the money's gone  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/06/09 at 6:55 am

Maybe you're right.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/09 at 6:56 am

I'd sure miss my buddies. :(

Written By: snozberries on 09/06/09 at 9:56 am

I'd sure miss my buddies. :(

they can still be your buddies you just wouldn't work with them anymore.

Written By: ninny on 09/06/09 at 10:50 am

Yeah after you win You find out how many "buddies" you really have...or never knew you had.

Written By: snozberries on 09/06/09 at 10:55 am

Yeah after you win You find out how many "buddies" you really have...or never knew you had.

so true....and all of them wanting stuff!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/09 at 5:29 am

But at least I can call them up to say hello. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/09 at 5:30 am

so true....and all of them wanting stuff!  ::)

like the money!

Written By: ninny on 09/08/09 at 1:30 pm

like the money!

Yep.

Written By: Silver Power on 09/08/09 at 5:25 pm

Half would go to:

World Wildlife Foundation, AIDs research, St. Jude's, Cancer Research, Stem Cell Research, Breast Cancer Research, Hurricane Katrina victims.

The other 103.5m would be divided as such:

10m to each of my parents,
10m to both of my grandparents that I live with
5m to my oldest brother
5m to Barack Obama

The rest would go to me, for which I would buy many things...
I would buy a house
I would buy a mouse
I would buy a car
I would buy a candy bar
I would buy a boat
I would buy a goat
RICH I AM!

Written By: Howard on 09/08/09 at 6:13 pm

I'd help those unfortunate people who can't help themselves
pay off some bills
re-decorate my room.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 1:30 pm

Has this been won yet?

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/09 at 2:47 pm

Has this been won yet?

Someone in Ohio won 207 million dollars. What would you do with the money?

The title of the thread suggests that it has....  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 2:52 pm

Someone in Ohio won 207 million dollars. What would you do with the money?

The title of the thread suggests that it has....  :D
What I meant to ask, has a lottery with that amount of winning has been won again.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/09 at 2:53 pm

What I meant to ask, has a lottery with that amount of winning has been won again.

oh yes several times... about two weeks ago the Mega Millions was up to $225 (or so)
A few months ago it was over $300 - it builds quickly- but I never seem to win.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 2:59 pm

oh yes several times... about two weeks ago the Mega Millions was up to $225 (or so)
No doubt you do try?

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/09 at 3:03 pm

The 207 million dollars was won Dec 12 2008. Here are all the winners since then.

Mega Millions
    *  October 16, 2009 - $200 million jackpot, unclaimed - won in Shenandoah, VA

* September 1, 2009 - $12 million won by Wayne Reese of Sharpsburg, GA
    * August 28, 2009 - $336 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($168 million each):
          o Kevyn Ogawa in San Gabriel, CA
          o James "Jimmy" Groves of the Bronx, NY
    * July 7, 2009 - $133 million won by The Archibald Trust of Queens, NY
    * May 29, 2009 - $35 million won by the Silverbrush Family of Syracuse, NY
    * May 15, 2009 - $38 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($19 million each):
          o Natalio Perez of Santa Ana, CA
          o Joe and Sue Claffy of Rappahannock County, VA
    * May 1, 2009 - $227 million jackpot - 3 winning tickets ($75.6 million each):
          o Anneliese Hansen and Brian Cabaud of Mill Valley, CA
          o The Ross County Beneficiary Trust of Chillicothe, OH
          o Joe Denette of Spotsylvania County, VA
    * March 13, 2009 - $26 million won by Isabel Zelaya of Suffolk County, New York
    * March 3, 2009 - $216 million won by 10 co-workers from Chubb Insurance in Whitheouse Station, NJ
    * January 13, 2009 - $22 million won by Janet Alnwick of Merrick, NY
    * January 2, 2009 - $47 million won by Todd Mointz of San Diego, CA

Here are the PowerBall winners - I can't believe only one person took the option to remain anonymous!  :o

Doug Miron Wisconsin October 14, 2009 Cash $31,400,000.00 annuity / $16,703,507.90 cash

Dr. William Steele Florida October 3, 2009 Cash $189,000,000.00 annuity / $101,160,403.68 cash

Solomon Jackson Jr. South Carolina August 19, 2009 Undecided $259,900,000.00 annuity / $129,777,212.43 cash

Rahul Patel Connecticut June 27, 2009 Cash $25,000,000.00 annuity / $12,506,253.12 cash

Jeff Wilson North Carolina June 20, 2009 Cash $88,100,000 annuity / $42,459,584.00 cash

Neal Wanless South Dakota May 27, 2009 Cash $232,100,000 annuity / $118,005,530.33 cash

Rockson, LLC Washington D.C. April 8, 2009 Cash $144,000,000 annuity /$79,681,116.60 cash

Anonymous Delaware February 28, 2009 Cash $87,200,000 annuity / $46,629,112.16 cash

Palmira Nicolo Pennsylvania February 28, 2009 Cash $87,200,000 annuity /$46,629,112.16 cash

GMTR Investments, LLC Indiana January 17, 2009 Cash $163,200,000 annuity / $97,966,541.99 cash

Written By: gibbo on 11/01/09 at 3:10 pm

I'd buy a new Howard...the old one isn't working so well anymore!  :P

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/09 at 3:12 pm

I'd buy a new Howard...the old one isn't working so well anymore!   :P

I'd buy a new gibbo...the old one seems to be repeating himself. 

you can't trick me by deleting the old post and then reposting it  :P :P :P

its still funny tho!  ;D and I gave ya karma for it the first time!

Written By: Howard on 11/01/09 at 3:13 pm

I'd buy a new Howard...the old one isn't working so well anymore!   :P

Please,spare me!  :P

Written By: Howard on 11/01/09 at 3:14 pm

In NY I don't think it's 207? ???

Written By: gibbo on 11/01/09 at 3:14 pm

I'd buy a new gibbo...the old one seems to be repeating himself.   

you can't trick me by deleting the old post and then reposting it   :P :P :P

its still funny tho!  ;D and I gave ya karma for it the first time!

I'm channeling an former banned member. That's the sort of 'fishing for laughs' stunt he used to pull!  :-[  Thought it got lost ....must be feeling insecure today!  :-\\  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/01/09 at 3:15 pm

Where in Ohio?  ???

Written By: gibbo on 11/01/09 at 3:17 pm

Please,spare me!  :P

Sorry...I wouldn't ever keep a spare Howard...one at a time is quite enough thank you!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/01/09 at 3:20 pm

Sorry...I wouldn't ever keep a spare Howard...one at a time is quite enough thank you!  ::)

Would you keep a spare Gibbo?

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/09 at 3:29 pm

I'm channeling an former banned member. That's the sort of 'fishing for laughs' stunt he used to pull!  :-[  Thought it got lost ....must be feeling insecure today!  :-\\  ;D

well it worked.... sort of....keep trying tho you'll get the hang of it!  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/01/09 at 3:30 pm

I wish I won the 207 Million.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/09 at 3:35 pm

me too!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 3:38 pm

The 207 million dollars was won Dec 12 2008. Here are all the winners since then.

Mega Millions
    *  October 16, 2009 - $200 million jackpot, unclaimed - won in Shenandoah, VA

* September 1, 2009 - $12 million won by Wayne Reese of Sharpsburg, GA
    * August 28, 2009 - $336 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($168 million each):
          o Kevyn Ogawa in San Gabriel, CA
          o James "Jimmy" Groves of the Bronx, NY
    * July 7, 2009 - $133 million won by The Archibald Trust of Queens, NY
    * May 29, 2009 - $35 million won by the Silverbrush Family of Syracuse, NY
    * May 15, 2009 - $38 million jackpot - 2 winning tickets ($19 million each):
          o Natalio Perez of Santa Ana, CA
          o Joe and Sue Claffy of Rappahannock County, VA
    * May 1, 2009 - $227 million jackpot - 3 winning tickets ($75.6 million each):
          o Anneliese Hansen and Brian Cabaud of Mill Valley, CA
          o The Ross County Beneficiary Trust of Chillicothe, OH
          o Joe Denette of Spotsylvania County, VA
    * March 13, 2009 - $26 million won by Isabel Zelaya of Suffolk County, New York
    * March 3, 2009 - $216 million won by 10 co-workers from Chubb Insurance in Whitheouse Station, NJ
    * January 13, 2009 - $22 million won by Janet Alnwick of Merrick, NY
    * January 2, 2009 - $47 million won by Todd Mointz of San Diego, CA

Here are the PowerBall winners - I can't believe only one person took the option to remain anonymous!  :o

Doug Miron Wisconsin October 14, 2009 Cash $31,400,000.00 annuity / $16,703,507.90 cash

Dr. William Steele Florida October 3, 2009 Cash $189,000,000.00 annuity / $101,160,403.68 cash

Solomon Jackson Jr. South Carolina August 19, 2009 Undecided $259,900,000.00 annuity / $129,777,212.43 cash

Rahul Patel Connecticut June 27, 2009 Cash $25,000,000.00 annuity / $12,506,253.12 cash

Jeff Wilson North Carolina June 20, 2009 Cash $88,100,000 annuity / $42,459,584.00 cash

Neal Wanless South Dakota May 27, 2009 Cash $232,100,000 annuity / $118,005,530.33 cash

Rockson, LLC Washington D.C. April 8, 2009 Cash $144,000,000 annuity /$79,681,116.60 cash

Anonymous Delaware February 28, 2009 Cash $87,200,000 annuity / $46,629,112.16 cash

Palmira Nicolo Pennsylvania February 28, 2009 Cash $87,200,000 annuity /$46,629,112.16 cash

GMTR Investments, LLC Indiana January 17, 2009 Cash $163,200,000 annuity / $97,966,541.99 cash
All potential members here?

Written By: Howard on 11/01/09 at 3:39 pm

me too!

what would you do with it?

Written By: gibbo on 11/01/09 at 4:49 pm

Would you keep a spare Gibbo?

There are NO spare gibbo's. They broke the mold BEFORE they made me!  ;) :D

Written By: Howard on 11/02/09 at 5:04 pm

Buy a recycling Bin for the store.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/02/09 at 5:42 pm

Why haven't I noticed this thread before?

If I won, I'd use it like this:

--Hire an agent and publish my novel.
--Buy some land and finally build the Queen Anne Victorian style home I want. I'd have my office for writing, and a room specially for my Michael Jackson memorobilia, and one for my Prince junk.
--Buy my father whatever car or truck he desires
--Buy me an Ferarri.  ;D
--Build a monument in my backyard to my mother.
--Hire a bodyguard to throw moochers off my property
--Give 10 thousand dollars to E'Casanova to bribe him into returning as an MJ tribute artist. (he's the BEST, trust me!)
--Get myself a complete make over
--Comb the globe to find a guy that looks like Michael Jackson!  8)
--And start a pageant clothing company.

I've thought about this... :)

Written By: ninny on 11/02/09 at 6:03 pm

In NY I don't think it's 207? ???

Right now it is $50 million for Tuesday's drawing.

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/09 at 6:19 pm

Why haven't I noticed this thread before?

If I won, I'd use it like this:

--Buy some land and finally build the Queen Anne Victorian style home I want. I'd have my office for writing, and a room specially for my Michael Jackson memorobilia, and one for my Prince junk.

MJ stuff is memorabilia and Prince stuff is junk....  ???  what happened to turn you off prince...

--Comb the globe to find a guy that looks like Michael Jackson!  8)

What about your guy who looks like Prince... or is there something about D you haven't told me..  ???  or would you take both? that would be great... traveling with an MJ an a Prince on your arm  ;D

I've thought about this... :)

Really? I couldn't tell  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/03/09 at 7:28 am

--Comb the globe to find a guy that looks like Michael Jackson!

Well you'll be searching quite a long time.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...