inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Is Your Creativity?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/10 at 11:32 am

I believe that everyone has some form of creativity in them and I'm wondering what some of the things you do to create (besides a mess  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ).

Mine over the years have been:

-Dance
-Drawing/painting (you can see a few of my drawings here:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29510.0 )
-Photography (You can see many of my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23251068@N02/ Yeah, always have to do a plug.  :D ;D ;D
-Writing.

What are yours?

Cat

Subject: Re: What Is Your Creativity?

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/10 at 2:08 pm

That's a good question.  I'm not to sure.  I like to crochet and needlepoint....not very good at it but have fun doing them.  Does that count?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/10 at 2:28 pm

That's a good question.  I'm not to sure.  I like to crochet and needlepoint....not very good at it but have fun doing them.  Does that count?

Of course it counts. I would say both of those are very creative.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/16/10 at 6:42 pm

I used to know how to draw when I was growing up.

Written By: wildcard on 05/16/10 at 11:38 pm

I've always been able to draw and paint, an eye for color and shape.  Found out I'm not a bad parodist either.  I can come up with my own skit  or magic trick idea or whatever.   

I'm putting listen to my Aerosmith cd on my list tommarrow      maybe tommarrow the good lord will take it away 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/10 at 9:57 am

I've always been able to draw and paint, an eye for color and shape.   Found out I'm not a bad parodist either.  I can come up with my own skit  or magic trick idea or whatever.   

I'm putting listen to my Aerosmith cd on my list tommarrow      maybe tommarrow the good lord will take it away 

You are also into gardening. I would say that is creative.

Cat

Written By: Frank on 05/17/10 at 11:09 am

I like taking photographs. Used to be my hobby.

I also do creative writing, I've had a few poems published. I have written two stories (fiction...100+ pages each) and one day hoping to get them published as well.

I have written some songs (lyrics) and someone I know is trying to find music for it.
I tried to create my own comic strip in the 80s and since I can't draw, that didn't help. ;D
I'm also into gardening, but since I am a perfectionist, I spend way too much time trying to make things perfect.

Written By: wildcard on 05/17/10 at 11:25 am

You are also into gardening. I would say that is creative.

Cat

Yes, I'm just commenting more on my ability to work with color and shape. 

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/18/10 at 1:35 pm

Computer tech/programming
Music
Drawing

Written By: Midas on 05/18/10 at 10:55 pm

I've created over 200 remixes and a few mashups that are harmonically sound.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/19/10 at 11:07 am

I've created over 200 remixes and a few mashups that are harmonically sound.

I've created several mixes and a few original songs.

Written By: goodsin on 05/19/10 at 1:20 pm

My CV is usually quite creative, as are my Dating Site entries!  ;D

I used to do "Poetry Slams" in the early 90's, where you compete on a mic to outdo each other with rapping, toasting, spoken word etc...

Built a dry stone wall from a ton of slate for my landlady yesterday, she wants it re-done, so I think I'm lacking in that department!

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/19/10 at 11:04 pm

http://www.angryflower.com/asthew.gif
http://www.angryflower.com/ivedec.gif
http://www.angryflower.com/innerl.gif

I'll just leave these here, if you don't mind. (Not my comic, and the link isn't to my pic, nor are those my robots, but I've seen SRL live, and the pictures don't do it justice :)

Also, I dig giant flame-spewing robots.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/20/10 at 10:40 am

http://www.angryflower.com/asthew.gif
http://www.angryflower.com/ivedec.gif
http://www.angryflower.com/innerl.gif

I'll just leave these here, if you don't mind. (Not my comic, and the link isn't to my pic, nor are those my robots, but I've seen SRL live, and the pictures don't do it justice :)

Also, I dig giant flame-spewing robots.

So your creativity would be posting other people's pics?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 05/21/10 at 7:00 pm

I was thinking about this for awhile. I can draw a little, I make my own templates for pumpkin carving. I used to write
music, especially for drums, there's a little more to it then beating things with sticks. I would say though, neither really
screams creativity, so all I have is metal. I am quite proficient in metal work; welding, grinding and polishing. I make things
from scratch or modify existing things. Oil tanks, gas tanks, sissybars, handlebars or anything that has to do with motorcycles.
Motorcycles I've made parts for have been seen in magazines, (The Horse, Iron Horse, Easy Rider to name a few) and two
books, (Extreme Motorcycle Art and The Art Of The Bobber), I also do ornamental work. I always say, "If it can be welded
I can do it. If I can't do it, it can't be done." It sounds a bit boastful but when it comes to welding I like to think I'm the best.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/10 at 12:34 am

So your creativity would be posting other people's pics?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Don't blame me, blame the robot at the keyboard...

Written By: whistledog on 05/29/10 at 2:47 pm

i make my own avatars.  as long as the nabisco/christie corporation doesn’t mind, i will keep using the current one lol

Written By: mooster on 05/29/10 at 11:47 pm

Costume/clothing design, window dressing and in store displays and web site designing.

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/10 at 7:49 pm

Drawing, painting and writing stories (the latter I am trying to work out at the moment via drawings to visualise my characters and world within).

Written By: karen on 06/01/10 at 6:46 am

I have lots of creative ideas in my head (like art/craft work for diplay in the home) but can't always get it to work in reality.

I also knit and sew things but I get overly ambitious for my skills.  Currently I am making a skirt for Elizabeth.  I had in mind essentially a tube (about twice her waist measurement) with a strip of elastic to make the waist the right size.  I got talked into making one with several rows of shirring at the top (v trendy at the moment).  I've never done any shirring before

Written By: mooster on 06/02/10 at 4:26 am

I have lots of creative ideas in my head (like art/craft work for diplay in the home) but can't always get it to work in reality.

I also knit and sew things but I get overly ambitious for my skills.  Currently I am making a skirt for Elizabeth.  I had in mind essentially a tube (about twice her waist measurement) with a strip of elastic to make the waist the right size. I got talked into making one with several rows of shirring at the top (v trendy at the moment).  I've never done any shirring before

It's a shame I'm not over there...I could show you how. Bit hard over the computer  :P

Written By: karen on 06/02/10 at 10:35 am

It's a shame I'm not over there...I could show you how. Bit hard over the computer  :P

I've read two or three blogs about it.  Would you use straight stitch or a zigzag stitich on your machine?

Written By: mooster on 06/03/10 at 3:24 am

I've read two or three blogs about it.  Would you use straight stitch or a zigzag stitich on your machine?

Zig zag... the stitching has to stretch with the elastic. Are you using thin elastic?

Written By: karen on 06/03/10 at 8:00 am

Zig zag... the stitching has to stretch with the elastic. Are you using thin elastic?

Yes I am.  Right I'm going to have a go today!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/12 at 11:34 am

Bump!

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 12:51 pm

I've always been able to draw and paint, an eye for color and shape.  Found out I'm not a bad parodist either.  I can come up with my own skit  or magic trick idea or whatever.   

Nope the good lord hasn't taken anything from me. I just have the CI now.  and have learned how to use it.

Written By: warped on 09/14/12 at 9:44 pm

My creativity is writing poetry and short stories.  I've tried to write songs as well.
I've also helped write a few plays...just for church and stuff, but that was long ago.

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 10:30 pm

I haven't parodied in a while but wonder if going back to it once in a while and using rhymezone will get me back to spelling a little better and stuff.  I don't even know if my parodies are at amiright, but I saved a lot of them on a storage device.  I have three of my old parody video's at my photobucket somewhere.

I enjoyed doing these activities better because it seeemed I could make more people happy then I could with a picture anyway.  I can see where it's much more likely I can sell paintings then become the next Weird Al,  It's just the fact she's tried to throw at me that I'm wasting time on fruitless persuits.  Thats what angered me at the time, seemed I couldn't do anything I wanted for fun even once in a while.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/12 at 10:54 am

My creativity is writing poetry and short stories.  I've tried to write songs as well.
I've also helped write a few plays...just for church and stuff, but that was long ago.

And your sunset photos.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 09/17/12 at 9:27 am

I'm not a creative person.  I think it died with the advent of the internet.

I supposedly write well, but it's usually just me bitching about my life on my blog.

I cook decently enough.  Rice Cube and the boy haven't died yet.

Written By: meesa on 09/20/12 at 11:43 am

I love to crochet, it is my winter activity.
Wire-wrapped jewelry is my summer activity.

My career is training and development; I create training materials, guides, activities, lessons & lesson plans and programs, both web based and more traditional paper-based methods. Although I can't do computer coding  :P--the trainings that I create that are web based use Articulate and other programs that are powerpoint based.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/12 at 3:57 pm

I'm pretty creative when it comes to doing voices.

Written By: warped on 09/20/12 at 3:58 pm

I'm pretty creative when it comes to doing voices.

List some of the voices you can do.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/12 at 4:14 pm

List some of the voices you can do.

Count Von Count
Bert and Ernie
Randy Macho Man Savage
Hulk Hogan

to name a few....

Written By: warped on 09/20/12 at 7:52 pm

Count Von Count
Bert and Ernie
Randy Macho Man Savage
Hulk Hogan

to name a few....

I like to do voices as well. Kermit the frog is one, "Barney" from the Simpsons, Also "Mr. Burns". And that cute little martian from "Bugs Bunny" cartoons.

Written By: wildcard on 09/20/12 at 9:53 pm

I can do Zorak and Brak pretty easily.  I could probably do a lot more.

Written By: wildcard on 09/20/12 at 11:24 pm

Did I mention that I do things like this?

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/uh%20O%20s/howbert.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/21/12 at 12:19 am

I used to be way more creative, like Jess, before the internet.

I used to draw as a child.  Loved doing it, not that I was all that good, but it brought me joy.  I haven't drawn, other then doodling, in a long time.

I used to do crafts too.  Lots of glitter, beads, popcicle sticks, and glue.  Last year, my cousin gave me back a sock snake that I made 30 years ago.  It was basically a fuzzy sock stuffed with fiberfill or other socks, sewn up at the bottom with sewn-on wiggley eyes.  It was neat seeing something that I remember doing so long ago.

When I was working at the library, I would do the display cases.  Feature a few of our books and add a few creative touches.  That was alot of fun. 

I used to make up my own songs on the tiny Casio keyboard I had.

Lately, I don't do much that's creative.  I have ideas about photography, but it never seems to turn out as I'd like it to (what I see in my head).

Written By: warped on 09/21/12 at 5:44 am

I wish I could draw. There are 5-year-olds who can draw better than I can. If we were on the same team playing "Pictionary", my drawings would add more grey hairs to you. "Hey warped...Is that a dog...or cat...possibly a lion...maybe an elephant?  (answer: it's a school bus)" :(

My wife can draw. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:50 am

I like to do voices as well. Kermit the frog is one, "Barney" from the Simpsons, Also "Mr. Burns". And that cute little martian from "Bugs Bunny" cartoons.

I grew up with children's television.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:52 am

I wish I could draw. There are 5-year-olds who can draw better than I can. If we were on the same team playing "Pictionary", my drawings would add more grey hairs to you. "Hey warped...Is that a dog...or cat...possibly a lion...maybe an elephant?  (answer: it's a school bus)" :(

My wife can draw. :)

She drew that? Wow she is quite the talent.  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/21/12 at 6:41 pm

I haven't done them for a while but mine are:

1. Song parody writing(at least when it comes to my obsessions)
2. Sketching, drawing
3. Character concepts and ideas

Written By: loki 13 on 09/22/12 at 10:38 am

To my absolute surprise I found this on youtube and because of that I can showoff my work.
First a disclaimer: I had nothing to to do with the mechanics of this bike nor did I have any
hand in assembling the bike and nothing to do with the paint. In fact, other than pictures and
this video I haven't seen any more than two parts of this bike in the same room at the same
time. What did I do than? Here's what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4_H3lgqpA

Modifications:

Frame:
Cut and rewelded the head tube changing the rake.
Added the piece with the three leaf clover (cut in by hand) at the 1:46 mark.
cut and rewelded the rear to accept a wider tire.

Gas Tank:
Cut out the bottom and replaced it with a shallower tunnel. (It makes the tank sit higher.)
Cut out the side panels and rewelded them inverted and on the opposite side creating indented look.
Though a CAD machine cut the Formee (erroneously callee Maltese) crosses I polished them to mirror
finish and welded them on the tank.
Moved the fuel fill cap to the top of the tank.
Welded the receptical for the speedometer where the fuel fill used to be.
Cut and lengthened the brake pedal and kick stand.

Made from scratch:
Formee cross oil tank, all Stainless Steel made from 10 individual pieces welded and polished to a mirror finish.
Exaust end caps
Handle Bars
Chain linkage for the gears
Tail light box and license plate holder.

Written By: Inertia on 09/23/12 at 9:16 am

I create improvisation songs with my sister. I also sing.

I draw both by hand and on the computer with digital art programs. Nowadays I create mostly vectors, but sometimes I make pixel art as well.

I can do photograph manipulation.

I write both fanfiction and original stories. I also roleplay when I am very bored.

I do craft projects occasionally.

I used to play trumpet, although I haven't done so in years.

Written By: wildcard on 12/02/12 at 9:48 pm

just lookin at what I posted here and bumping the thread.

Written By: nally on 12/02/12 at 9:57 pm

I seem to have a creativity for organizing scrapbook photo albums, as I recently completed one (actually a couple weeks ago, but still) for the cruise I had taken earlier this year.

And I have more creativities that I will list later.

Written By: nally on 12/02/12 at 10:00 pm

Excellent. 8) I seem to have an eye for color as well. Sometimes I even just play around in MS Paint to see if I can incorporate elements of various pictures I find online.

I, too, can imitate various cartoon voices. Including various Looney Tunes characters.

Written By: wildcard on 12/02/12 at 10:19 pm

I know I use to be able to do all kinds of voices too.  It's just a little bit trickier deaf now, but still believe I can.  Brak, Zorak, and Moltar are easy.

If I were to start recording me singing parodies, doing magic tricks, or just making a fool of myself some way,  might there be any requests or dares  anyone would like to give me?  I lack in a lot of motivation to get things started. 

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/09/12 at 11:28 am

Not sure if it is a "creativity", but one of the things I can do is I can sew and knit by hand without the use of a sewing machine :). I have been doing that since I was a child. I think it's pretty special that I can do something like that in this day and age, where not many things are done by hand anymore.

Written By: wildcard on 12/09/12 at 12:28 pm

Not sure if it is a "creativity", but one of the things I can do is I can sew and knit by hand without the use of a sewing machine :). I have been doing that since I was a child. I think it's pretty special that I can do something like that in this day and age, where not many things are done by hand anymore.

more like a talent maybe. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/09/12 at 1:11 pm

Christmas trees!!!!!!  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/12/12 at 6:55 am

I, too, can imitate various cartoon voices. Including various Looney Tunes characters.

I can't do Looney Tunes voices.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/03/13 at 10:43 am

Two of my latest paintings

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/002-8_zpsc93ee018.jpg

The top'sl schooner "America" after which the cup is named

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/004_zps1bd09526.jpg

A composite landscape

Written By: Howard on 04/03/13 at 7:58 pm

Two of my latest paintings

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/002-8_zpsc93ee018.jpg

The top'sl schooner "America" after which the cup is named

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/004_zps1bd09526.jpg

A composite landscape

very nice.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/03/13 at 8:23 pm

I can blow a nice whale hole.

Written By: warped on 04/03/13 at 9:49 pm

Nice paintings, Carlos. 

Written By: warped on 04/03/13 at 9:53 pm

Sometime I write poetry. This is one of the few that were published.

Solitude is: 

A shadow in the Dark that is never seen
A King not allowed to marry his Queen.
An Elevator that neither goes up or down
or a group of people without a hometown.

A man who is alone in his thoughts
Or a pair of dice without any dots.
A radio that doesn't make a sound
Or a dog that will never be found.

A beautiful figure skater gliding on the Ice
A cat in a house without any mice.
A candle burning gently down the hall
Or a baseball bat without a ball.

A dozen roses that are never sent
Or harsh words that are never meant.
A man without any bills to pay
Or a chicken without any eggs to lay.

A silent telephone that never rings
Or a boy that has Laryngitis when he sings.
A bottle of perfume that has no smell
Or a shopping mall that has nothing to sell.

A locomotive train which has no wheels
A restaurant that doesn't serve any meals.
A word that has never been said
And a poem that will never be read.

Written By: wildcard on 04/03/13 at 9:56 pm

Sometime I write poetry

and this one seems to rhyme

Written By: Howard on 04/04/13 at 8:02 am

I can blow a nice whale hole.

what?  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/13 at 11:26 am

Sometime I write poetry

Solitude is: 

A shadow in the Dark that is never seen
A King not allowed to marry his Queen.
An Elevator that neither goes up or down
or a group of people without a hometown.

A man who is alone in his thoughts
Or a pair of dice without any dots.
A radio that doesn't make a sound
Or a dog that will never be found.

A beautiful figure skater gliding on the Ice
A cat in a house without any mice.
A candle burning gently down the hall
Or a baseball bat without a ball.

A dozen roses that are never sent
Or harsh words that are never meant.
A man without any bills to pay
Or a chicken without any eggs to lay.

A silent telephone that never rings
Or a boy that has Laryngitis when he sings.
A bottle of perfume that has no smell
Or a shopping mall that has nothing to sell.

A locomotive train which has no wheels
A restaurant that doesn't serve any meals.
A word that has never been said
And a poem that will never be read.

For some reason, it reminds me of is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1coU4LkZFE

I have written poetry but haven't done it in a long time. I should dig up one of my poems and post it.

Cat

Written By: warped on 04/04/13 at 1:07 pm

For some reason, it reminds me of is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1coU4LkZFE

Sometimes you near this after "Nights in White Satin" on FM radio. Not too often though.

Written By: Katluver on 04/04/13 at 1:39 pm

Photography, assembling outfits/nail art (okay, that doesn't count), story writing (I'm currently writing one but don't know when that will get finished...), baking, and stamp art.

When I was younger, I acted more creative, and would write many stories (I even used an old jigsaw puzzle box as a book cover for one of my stories!), but somehow tend to keep it on the backburner.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/13 at 1:45 pm

Sometimes you near this after "Nights in White Satin" on FM radio. Not too often though.

Me too I love that part.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/13 at 1:47 pm

When I was younger I used to draw pictures.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/05/13 at 11:17 pm

what?  :o

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...