inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What have you been reading?

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/26/10 at 7:34 pm

Over the past week, here in Puerto Rico, while Cat monopolized the computer, I read a few interesting books.  The first was a bit esoteric, but interesting, A History of the Vikings.  The other two were adventure novels by Clive Caussen,  Dirk Pitt stories that rival the exploits of Indiana Jones.  The first was Trojan Odyssey and the second was Treasure of Khan, both have deep historical roots but take place in the 2000's.  Like I said, Indiana Jones stuff, but good reads, and potentially good movies.

So what are you guys reading?

Subject: Re: What have you been reading?

Written By: Frank on 09/26/10 at 8:18 pm

I am reading bits of a "Chicken soup for the soul " book, probably something I need to read at the moment to cheer me up.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/10 at 7:30 am

The Daily News.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/27/10 at 10:19 am

I need to go to the library or the bookstore because I have nothing good to read.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/27/10 at 1:21 pm

I'm just finishing "The 19th Wife" the story of Ann Eliza Young - Brigham Young's supposed 19th wife, but some say his 27th and others say his 54th.  Good book.  It takes her story and intertwines it with a story about a modern day polygamist wife murdering her husband.  She too, is the 19th wife. 

I'm also reading "The Night Country" a collection of essays by Loren Eiseley.  He is so incredible.  I have to be in the right state of mind to read his stuff, but when I am and I do he just absolutely blows my mind.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/05/10 at 6:44 am

Just picked up Sir Michael Caine's memoir of his career, An Elephant to Hollywood...

Written By: Howard on 12/05/10 at 6:58 am

Newspaper

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/12/22 at 7:19 am

I keep meaning to go to the library to see if the book I wish to read is on the shelf.

Written By: karen on 09/13/22 at 3:34 am

Currently reading No One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday by my friend Tracey Bloom. I recently downloaded her latest book in the series, but decided to start from the beginning.

Also recently read The Loneliness of the Long-distance Runner by Alan Sillitoe

Check for new replies or respond here...