inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lets see your desktop and/or Browser

Written By: Dude111 on 07/06/17 at 12:53 am

I saw another thread for this but there are TOO MANY PICTURES GONE and I dont think it would look good so Im starting a new thread on a different base...... (This one :))

Here is my Desktop/Browser :)

Desktop: http://img.techpowerup.org/200620/desktop.png

Browser: http://img.techpowerup.org/200620/browser.png

Subject: Re: Lets see your desktop and/or Browser

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 1:00 am

I saw another thread for this but there are TOO MANY PICTURES GONE and I dont think it would look good so Im starting a new thread on a different base...... (This one :))

Here is my Desktop/Browser :)

Desktop: http://img3.hostingpics.net/pics/5388438023.png

Browser: http://img3.hostingpics.net/pics/657706Capture.png

How and why are you still using Windows 95 (or Windows 98)? :o

Written By: Dude111 on 07/06/17 at 2:21 am

Yup Windows 98se,my favourite OS :) (MyIE2 is my browser (Thats an IE wrapper))

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/06/17 at 10:16 am

Yup Windows 98se,my favourite OS :) (MyIE2 is my browser (Thats an IE wrapper))

How are you still using it? Do you not have Windows 10?

Subject: =ets see your desktop and/or Browser

Written By: Dude111 on 07/06/17 at 11:35 am

I dont want Win10... Spying garbage!!

I value my privacy more than most do these days.... On 98se I know im not being spied on (@ least by my OS and software)

My computer IS MINE,not someone elses!!!

Subject: Re: =ets see your desktop and/or Browser

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/06/17 at 5:52 pm

I dont want Win10... Spying garbage!!

I value my privacy more than most do these days.... On 98se I know im not being spied on (@ least by my OS and software)

My computer IS MINE,not someone elses!!!

You could still use a slightly newer OS like Windows XP, since it still has better support for internet browsers. Plus, they don't spy you on that OS. It also supports computers with little to 64MB of RAM.

Written By: Dude111 on 06/19/20 at 10:21 pm

Im sorry for my harshness above,I wasnt really in a good mood that day if I remember right...... (Maybe some could tell that)

Im just sick of all the privacy invasion now...... The lack of it..... Going out in public and having a spy phone camera in your face,etc........

Anyone else wanna share thier desktop or browser??

I like seeing all the different ones :)

Written By: Howard on 06/20/20 at 7:59 am

Im sorry for my harshness above,I wasnt really in a good mood that day if I remember right...... (Maybe some could tell that)

Im just sick of all the privacy invasion now...... The lack of it..... Going out in public and having a spy phone camera in your face,etc........

How do you that? ???

Written By: wixness on 06/20/20 at 10:16 am

IDK if Linux may be to your taste (if all you need is a word processor, a spreadsheet program and to browse the web, there are free and open source alternatives to Word and Excel, and Firefox better respects your privacy compared to Chrome). I use Windows 10 and Ubuntu (Ubuntu isn't the only Linux-based operating system out there though, and rightly so because new versions of Ubuntu are rather heavyweight). You don't even have to pay for Linux operating systems, but giving them a donation is always nice.

I'm quite reluctant to share screenshots here but I'll see what I can do - I can do my browser (Firefox) on either operating system at the very least.

Written By: wixness on 06/20/20 at 10:22 am

https://i.postimg.cc/YSDhS7rM/Annotation-2020-06-20-161811.png
A screenshot of Firefox on Windows 10 on my study* laptop. It runs alongside Ubuntu (although not at the same time), and I would have used Ubuntu only if I didn't need to use software that ran on Windows only.

*study because I specifically have software like Zotero (a bibliography manager) installed only on this operating system and laptop. I have a desktop that I probably used for the same purpose but eventually decided to ditch for everything but non-study stuff since I wanted a better work-life balance. The laptop would at least allow me to work wherever the heck I wanted to when I should without it completely taking over my non-study life.

Written By: Dude111 on 06/20/20 at 4:32 pm

Thank you........I notice all the nice colours!

Check for new replies or respond here...