» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: Longest Political Thread Ever

Written By: danootaandme on 01/21/09 at 8:05 am

The American President (1995) starring Michael Douglas and Annette Bening.  Very good movie.

Dion O'Banion was a florist/mobster, arch rival of Al Capone and orderer of many a hit.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/21/09 at 8:09 am

It's nice to see all the optimistic comments now that the day is finally here and everyone is ready for change. I  only wish
I could share the optimism. I hope Obama makes me eat my words, I hope he proves how wrong I've been, I hope he
makes me so proud that he is our President that I will work diligently for his reelection in 4 years. As of right now though,
I can't help but feel that he just pulled off the biggest scam in history.

Then you missed the 2000 election?

Written By: philbo on 01/21/09 at 10:41 am

You think that was a bigger scam than the 2004 one?

IMO, if the majority (or even a substantial enough majority) of the population had a proper understanding of statistics, the 2004 result wouldn't have stood.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/21/09 at 8:18 pm

I don't consider 2000 a scam at all. Bush didn't convince the majority of the population that he was the answer to
all the nation's woes. The 2000 election, as well as 2004, was the biggest sham of an election not really a scam.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/09 at 9:41 pm

That he duped millions of American voters into thinking he's the great savior. The one to right the ship and get us out
of this economic hellhole and to fix all the wrongs inflicted upon us from the Bush administration only to prove he has his
own selfish agendas and all his promises of American glory was just a smoke screen to set him on his path to fame and
fortune while "we the people," suffer through 4 more years of the same old bullcrap.

Like I said though, I hope he proves me wrong and if he does it will be the most satisfying bit of crow I will ever eat.

I share the same concerns.  However, he's got his fame and fortune.  From a selfish standpoint, it's in his best interest to secure a great legacy.  To that end, he has to show Bush up to be the worst president ever and himself to be great reformer and healer.  Like FDR, public sentiment will be on his side if he stands up to the fat cats and the establishment political class. 

Written By: danootaandme on 01/22/09 at 7:41 am

That he duped millions of American voters into thinking he's the great savior. The one to right the ship and get us out
of this economic hellhole and to fix all the wrongs inflicted upon us from the Bush administration only to prove he has his
own selfish agendas and all his promises of American glory was just a smoke screen to set him on his path to fame and
fortune while "we the people," suffer through 4 more years of the same old bullcrap.

Like I said though, I hope he proves me wrong and if he does it will be the most satisfying bit of crow I will ever eat.

So if he repeats the bush administration........

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/09 at 8:16 am

With BHO swearing for the second time, does it mean the USA was without a true President for two days?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/22/09 at 8:48 am

No, he was still President as of noon on January 20th.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/09 at 8:49 am

No, he was still President as of noon on January 20th.
...or was it a few minutes after midday?

Written By: philbo on 01/22/09 at 8:52 am

With BHO swearing for the second time, does it mean the USA was without a true President for two days?

As opposed to 8 years?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/09 at 8:53 am

As opposed to 8 years?
Too true.

Written By: Tia on 01/22/09 at 9:13 am

...or was it a few minutes after midday?
yeah, i think technically they were a couple minutes late with the oath so for a few minutes biden was technically president.

just think, if mccain had won and the same thing had happened, for a few minutes sarah palin would have technically been president.  :o

i wonder if mccain might have won if he'd picked a different running mate. food for thought.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/22/09 at 10:20 am

The President-elect assumes the duties of the President the moment the term of the President ends.  So even though he hasn't taken the oath he is acting as President.  So, oath or not, Obama was President the same moment Bush stopped being President.  The oath is a formality.  Obama was right in having it re-done.  Can you imagine the rightrightright laying in wait on that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/09 at 12:25 pm

Amendment 20 - Presidential, Congressional Terms. Ratified 1/23/1933. History

1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

2. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.

3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

4. The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

5. Sections 1 and 2 shall take effect on the 15th day of October following the ratification of this article.

6. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission.

He was officially prez as of noon according to the Constitution. Going back in history (granted this was before the 20th Amendment was passed), VP Calvin Coolidge was visiting his father here in Vermont when Harding died. News reached CC in the middle of the night. Even though he had not taken the oath, he WAS president. They were trying to figure out what to do and they decided rather than waiting until CC got back to D.C. for the Chief Justice to administer the oath, to have a notary public administer it-which just happened to be Calvin's father.

Cat 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/22/09 at 12:29 pm

It was to tell FOXNEWS to STFU.

Written By: Tia on 01/22/09 at 12:29 pm

It was to tell FOXNEWS to STFU.
does that ever work, though?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/22/09 at 12:30 pm

does that ever work, though?

I dunno, I stopped watching FOX News years ago.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/22/09 at 12:48 pm

Amendment 20 - Presidential, Congressional Terms. Ratified 1/23/1933. History

1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

2. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.

3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

4. The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

5. Sections 1 and 2 shall take effect on the 15th day of October following the ratification of this article.

6. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission.

He was officially prez as of noon according to the Constitution. Going back in history (granted this was before the 20th Amendment was passed), VP Calvin Coolidge was visiting his father here in Vermont when Harding died. News reached CC in the middle of the night. Even though he had not taken the oath, he WAS president. They were trying to figure out what to do and they decided rather than waiting until CC got back to D.C. for the Chief Justice to administer the oath, to have a notary public administer it-which just happened to be Calvin's father.

Cat   

This part was ratified because Herbert Hoover was considered the worst president ever...for his time (But I still think Warren G. Harding keeps that role).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/22/09 at 12:49 pm

The President-elect assumes the duties of the President the moment the term of the President ends.  So even though he hasn't taken the oath he is acting as President.  So, oath or not, Obama was President the same moment Bush stopped being President.  The oath is a formality.  Obama was right in having it re-done.  Can you imagine the rightrightright laying in wait on that.

Yeah, Chris Wallace, El Dorko Supremo at FOX News, was squawking about Obama not really being President because they flubbed the oath.  However, as Keith Olbermann pointed out, the president-elect becomes the president at noon on January 20th, whether he's swearing the oath or taking a bath.  He added, "What are you, eleven years old?," in regards to Wallace.  

One of Olbermann's guests remarked that the conspiracy nuts could rest assured.  Olbermann commented, "They'll find something else."  So true, they will!
::)

Written By: statsqueen on 01/22/09 at 8:33 pm

This part was ratified because Herbert Hoover was considered the worst president ever...for his time (But I still think Warren G. Harding keeps that role).

Don't forget James Buchanan.  My hometown was named for him when he was a Senator.  ::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/22/09 at 9:05 pm

Don't forget James Buchanan.  My hometown was named for him when he was a Senator.   ::)

I didn't forget. He was sooooo bad, he was considered the last President. Something that Bush wasn't called too much.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/22/09 at 9:48 pm

Don't forget James Buchanan.  My hometown was named for him when he was a Senator.   ::)

He was never a Senator he was a congressman.  BTW, I'm from Lancaster . . . where he lived.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/22/09 at 9:50 pm

I didn't forget. He was sooooo bad, he was considered the last President. Something that Bush wasn't called too much.

Some of us have a better understanding of the man.  Even remotely comparing him to Bush is a slap in the face to Buchanan. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/23/09 at 1:26 am

He was never a Senator he was a congressman.  BTW, I'm from Lancaster . . . where he lived.

Did you go to James Buchanan High or something?
???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/23/09 at 10:16 am

Did you go to James Buchanan High or something?
???

No however my friend and I did get yelled at for kicking around a soccerball in his back yard.  My grimmy fingerprints are also on his writing desk.  My Mom's friend was a guide at Wheatland which was his home.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/09 at 5:49 pm

No however my friend and I did get yelled at for kicking around a soccerball in his back yard.  My grimmy fingerprints are also on his writing desk.  My Mom's friend was a guide at Wheatland which was his home.

I have relatives in Lanchester. They would go to Clearfield which is near Penn State every August. I didn't go last year, but I'll be going sometime this spring.

Maybe I'll ask what their opinions on Buchanan to them!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/24/09 at 6:14 pm

I have relatives in Lanchester. They would go to Clearfield which is near Penn State every August. I didn't go last year, but I'll be going sometime this spring.

Maybe I'll ask what their opinions on Buchanan to them!

Lanchester?  Where is that?  Do you mean Lancaster?  Clearfield is up towards State College which is about 135 miles away from Lancaster.  Why would they have an opinion on Buchanan?  By the way there are two Penn State campuses in that area.  One in State College and one in Harrisburg.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/09 at 7:08 pm

Lanchester?  Where is that?  Do you mean Lancaster?  Clearfield is up towards State College which is about 135 miles away from Lancaster.  Why would they have an opinion on Buchanan?  By the way there are two Penn State campuses in that area.  One in State College and one in Harrisburg.

I mean the one in State College.

And I'm sorry that I misspelled your home city.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/24/09 at 7:12 pm

I mean the one in State College.

And I'm sorry that I misspelled your home city.

State College took over Dickinson Law School which was where Buchanan graduated from.  This should be interesting, maybe they would have an opinion.

Written By: Tia on 01/25/09 at 9:43 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/pvsmack/assorted/internet-tough-guy.jpg

Written By: statsqueen on 01/25/09 at 11:45 am

He was never a Senator he was a congressman. 

That makes it worse, somehow.  Although maybe he was a better Congressman than President, so at the time there was some "honor" in it.  Guess the town should have waited to see how it all played out and named themselves something else.  Doesn't it make you wonder how someone from the "lower house" can jump right to president?  Maybe he should have done some time as Senator before striving for president.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/09 at 5:10 pm

That makes it worse, somehow.  Although maybe he was a better Congressman than President, so at the time there was some "honor" in it.  Guess the town should have waited to see how it all played out and named themselves something else.  Doesn't it make you wonder how someone from the "lower house" can jump right to president?  Maybe he should have done some time as Senator before striving for president.

Many of our Presidents were never in the Senate.  They pretty well split between Senators, Congressmen and Governors.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/25/09 at 9:28 pm

Lincoln was only a congressman too.  Quite a few have gone from Congressman to President.  How about U.S. Grant who went from being a General to being president.  Basing his qualifications on the fact that he was a war hero.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/09 at 10:44 am

Lincoln was only a congressman too.  Quite a few have gone from Congressman to President.  How about U.S. Grant who went from being a General to being president.  Basing his qualifications on the fact that he was a war hero.

Washington and Eisenhower took that route.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/09 at 10:45 am

...and Jackson

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/09 at 2:47 pm

John Q. Adams went from the White House to the House.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/09 at 2:50 pm

John Q. Adams went from the White House to the House.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

I forgot about that one.  God bless him, he gave 'em a run for their money once he got there, too  :)

Written By: Tia on 01/27/09 at 4:16 pm

random blog comment on sadly no:

The “USS Free Enterprise” has fires on all decks & their Talking Point deflector-shields are shot to hell - Barack “Khan” Obama is pwning them already, & he hasn’t even been in the Oval Office for a whole month yet. The GOP thinks it’s still 1997 & they can be The Roadblock Party with impunity - & that delusion is going to buy them a political headshot.

Obama offered to play nice & got blown off … now he doesn’t have to play nice AT ALL any more if he feels like breaking out the brass-knuckles … & I’m pretty sure he counted on being given just that opening. He’s well-positioned right now to rip the GOP in half, & if he does there won’t be much sorrow across the fruited plains for the demise of America’s political Yakuza. Dude’s not fudgeing around - unlike the vacation-whore he replaced.

the Wingnutz can smell their bacon sizzling, & they aren’t loving it. But now their beloved FUD blitz just does a 180 & winds up all over their pointy heads … & unfortunately, they’ve long since forgotten how to think, so it’s all they know how to do any more.

Mammoths probably enjoyed those nice toasty tar-pits on cold Ice Age mornings … until they tried to get out of them.

oh snap

Written By: Tia on 01/28/09 at 10:25 am

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mccain.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/28/09 at 2:24 pm

Okay...that was just wrong. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/09 at 8:35 pm

Grrrross!

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/29/09 at 12:16 am

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/koifish123/bunnyimagecs1.jpg

(For a good time, google "Bunny Suicides".)

Written By: Tia on 01/29/09 at 12:21 am

lol i tried to make it my avatar but i couldn't make it work right so i went with the pretty cute tongue action, rather than the satanic, hideous tongue action.

i love how the background is "my friends" over and over again. that's a laffriot right there.

Written By: Tia on 01/29/09 at 12:23 am

just think about all those nights you KNOW john mcC was licking sarah palin's ear for hours and hours at a pop. that's late night!

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/05/09 at 10:24 pm

Remember Ted Haggard?  How he said it's not really gay if you're only naked and doing meth with another naked guy?  And how the general response was that he should go frack himself? 

Well it he was way ahead of us on that front, because it maybe it's also not really gay if it's made of plastic and a replica of...

...anyways, that's just how cognitive dissonance works:  you give him an inch and he'll take a mile.  And he'll call it "Ted Two".

On that note, we're gonna sign this post off with the other immortal words of Ron Burgundy: "You stay classy, Ted."

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/09 at 1:05 am

Remember Ted Haggard?  How he said it's not really gay if you're only naked and doing meth with another naked guy?  And how the general response was that he should go frack himself? 

Well it he was way ahead of us on that front, because it maybe it's also not really gay if it's made of plastic and a replica of...

...anyways, that's just how cognitive dissonance works:  you give him an inch and he'll take a mile.  And he'll call it "Ted Two".

On that note, we're gonna sign this post off with the other immortal words of Ron Burgundy: "You stay classy, Ted."

He been diagnosed with heterosexual complications, but . . . he's not gay. ::)

So, I guess he's out of personal trainers to do meth and "pal" around with.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/06/09 at 1:13 am

He been diagnosed with heterosexual complications, but . . . he's not gay. ::)

So, I guess he's out of personal trainers to do meth and "pal" around with.

Well, there's always this guy.  Oh, wait.  Female inflatable dolls.  Totally not Ted's type of plastic.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/09 at 1:19 am

Well, there's always this guy.  Oh, wait.  Female inflatable dolls.  Totally not Ted's type of plastic.

I suppose plastic is the only thing some people can get.  Guy looks kind of homely.  Ted's type doesn't have the extras that normal inflatable dolls have.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/06/09 at 7:14 am

The George W. Bush Presidential Library, now in the planning stages, is accepting donations.

The Library will include:

The Hurricane Katrina Room, which is still under construction.
The Alberto Gonzales Room, which contains no memories.
The Walter Reed Hospital Room, where they don't let you in.
The Guantanamo Bay Room, where they don't let you out.
The Texas Air National Guard Room, where you don't even have to show up.
The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room, which no one has been able to find.
The National Debt Room, which is huge and has no ceiling.
The Tax Cut Room, with entry only to the wealthy.
The Economy Room, which is in the toilet.
The Iraq War Room. (After you complete your first visit, they make you go
back for a second, third, fourth, and sometimes fifth visit.)
The Dick Cheney Room, in the famous undisclosed location, complete with shooting gallery.
The Environmental Conservation Room, still empty.
The Supreme Gift Shop, where you can buy an election.
The Airport Men's Room, where you can meet some of your favorite Republican Senators.
The Decider Room, complete with dart board, magic 8-ball, Ouija board, dice, coins, and straws.

Note: The library will feature an electron microscope to help you locate and
view the President's accomplishments.

The library will also include many famous Quotes by George W. Bush:

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
"No senior citizen should ever have to choose between prescription drugs and medicine."
"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy
- but that could change."
"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
"The future will be better tomorrow."
"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."
"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

Written By: philbo on 02/06/09 at 8:39 am

:)

Not sure which room would count as my favourite in that list.  Wonderful stuff.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/09 at 10:15 am

:)

Not sure which room would count as my favourite in that list.  Wonderful stuff.

The Alberto Gonzales room looks like fun, sorta like Romper Room for the political minded. :)

Written By: Tia on 02/06/09 at 10:20 am

The Alberto Gonzales room looks like fun, sorta like Romper Room for the political minded. :)
what happens in the gonzales room, stays in the gonzales room.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/09 at 11:18 am

what happens in the gonzales room, stays in the gonzales room.

If you break the oath of silence you end up in the Guantamo Bay Room.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/09 at 2:30 pm

The George W. Bush Presidential Library, now in the planning stages, is accepting donations.

The Library will include:

The Hurricane Katrina Room, which is still under construction.
The Alberto Gonzales Room, which contains no memories.
The Walter Reed Hospital Room, where they don't let you in.
The Guantanamo Bay Room, where they don't let you out.
The Texas Air National Guard Room, where you don't even have to show up.
The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room, which no one has been able to find.
The National Debt Room, which is huge and has no ceiling.
The Tax Cut Room, with entry only to the wealthy.
The Economy Room, which is in the toilet.
The Iraq War Room. (After you complete your first visit, they make you go
back for a second, third, fourth, and sometimes fifth visit.)
The Dick Cheney Room, in the famous undisclosed location, complete with shooting gallery.
The Environmental Conservation Room, still empty.
The Supreme Gift Shop, where you can buy an election.
The Airport Men's Room, where you can meet some of your favorite Republican Senators.
The Decider Room, complete with dart board, magic 8-ball, Ouija board, dice, coins, and straws.

Note: The library will feature an electron microscope to help you locate and
view the President's accomplishments.

The library will also include many famous Quotes by George W. Bush:

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
"No senior citizen should ever have to choose between prescription drugs and medicine."
"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy
- but that could change."
"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
"The future will be better tomorrow."
"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."
"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/applause.gif

(I owe you a karma)

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 02/06/09 at 2:32 pm

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/applause.gif

(I owe you a karma)

Cat

A friend sent that to me.  Priceless  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/07/09 at 11:06 am

A friend sent that to me.  Priceless   :)

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I laughed even though I was in lots of pain.  Just to funny.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/09 at 11:30 am

Frank & Stein

http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/march242008/frank_barney.jpg

http://blogs.abcnews.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/30/ben_stein_080218_main.jpg

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/09 at 10:09 pm

Frank & Stein

http://www.salem-news.com/stimg/march242008/frank_barney.jpg

http://blogs.abcnews.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/30/ben_stein_080218_main.jpg

Cat

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Karma +1!  Did you make that up?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/09 at 12:31 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Karma +1!  Did you make that up?

Naw-I stole it from Larry King.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

I still think it is funny.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/27/09 at 12:13 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bush-reads.jpg

Written By: Tia on 02/27/09 at 3:44 pm

http://content.cartoonbox.slate.com/?feature=5e970569233410593ee6c9d7e4741fec

Written By: Tia on 02/28/09 at 7:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aPR8LKy-2k

ha! janeane garofalo is HARSH. :o

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/28/09 at 11:30 am

Harsh?  I thought she made sense.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/09 at 2:23 pm

Harsh?  I thought she made sense.
yeah, it's a good harsh.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/09 at 6:18 pm

Those tattoos are harsh!

Written By: Tia on 02/28/09 at 6:24 pm

Those tattoos are harsh!
they are a bit. i hope they're temporary for a movie or something.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/09 at 10:59 pm

they are a bit. i hope they're temporary for a movie or something.

My apologies to Ms. G., but 'toos are age-biased.  A 25-year-old woman with tattoos running down her arms = confused identity.  A 45-year-old woman with tattoos running down her arms = identity never to be figured out.  I have no stake in the tattoo game personally, I'm just going by what I've observed!

Written By: Tia on 03/01/09 at 12:09 am

My apologies to Ms. G., but 'toos are age-biased.  A 25-year-old woman with tattoos running down her arms = confused identity.  A 45-year-old woman with tattoos running down her arms = identity never to be figured out.  I have no stake in the tattoo game personally, I'm just going by what I've observed!
it's okay because she's still hot

Written By: Tia on 03/01/09 at 12:12 am

and plus, wait, if you have tattoos at 25, aren't you still going to have tattoos at 45? i mean sorta by definition? regardless of whatever insights of identity might take place in the interim?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/01/09 at 12:48 am

and plus, wait, if you have tattoos at 25, aren't you still going to have tattoos at 45? i mean sorta by definition? regardless of whatever insights of identity might take place in the interim?

I've asked 20-year-olds with entire pagan festivity rites inked on their torsos what they're going to do in 20 years after they've had three kids and the their flesh is sagging and the ink is faded.  "Oh, I don't think about that" is the answer.  As though it was any of my affair to start with.  See, I've seen it after 20 years and three kids.  The problem is, they've been divorced for three years and they're dealing with men who wish they could get the 25-year-old with the fresh 'toos, but they can only get the ones they're age because the men have jutting beer guts, double chins, prostate issues, and their own drooping tats! 

Then there is the 45-year-old woman newly divorced who gets the soleilmoon tattoo as a symbol of (fill-in-the-blank) and the Incan dragon as a symbol of (fill-in-the-blank) and I ask, what happens when your 65 years old, and...
"I don't think about that."

Anyway, when they're 65, they have all new 'toos!

I ain't knocking it, I'm just saying, maybe you'd prefer to have teenage children who respect you....

Written By: Tia on 03/01/09 at 10:03 am

omg jindal's giving the response to obama again ? :o

Written By: Tia on 03/02/09 at 1:30 pm

joe the plumber threw a book signing and nobody came.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/26/AR2009022600005.html

Joe the Plumber (no longer a plumber; first name actually Samuel) popped into our town yesterday evening to sell his new book and to remind people that he's still a plain and simple guy. Mission accomplished, on at least one of his missions.

About 11 people wandered into the rows of seats set up hopefully in the basement of a downtown Border's bookstore to hear Joe speak. Joe addressed them from behind a lectern and with a microphone, but that seemed unnecessarily formal.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/02/09 at 3:14 pm

I've asked 20-year-olds with entire pagan festivity rites inked on their torsos what they're going to do in 20 years after they've had three kids and the their flesh is sagging and the ink is faded.  "Oh, I don't think about that" is the answer.  As though it was any of my affair to start with.  See, I've seen it after 20 years and three kids.  The problem is, they've been divorced for three years and they're dealing with men who wish they could get the 25-year-old with the fresh 'toos, but they can only get the ones they're age because the men have jutting beer guts, double chins, prostate issues, and their own drooping tats! 

Then there is the 45-year-old woman newly divorced who gets the soleilmoon tattoo as a symbol of (fill-in-the-blank) and the Incan dragon as a symbol of (fill-in-the-blank) and I ask, what happens when your 65 years old, and...
"I don't think about that."

I ain't knocking it, I'm just saying, maybe you'd prefer to have teenage children who respect you....

I think you're knocking it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/02/09 at 4:58 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/26/AR2009022600005.html

I was questioning his ability to read.  Wow someone wrote a book and is giving him credit. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/09 at 5:08 pm

Knock it!  Then run out and invest in a Tat removal clinic

http://media.ocweekly.com/1919846.0.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 03/02/09 at 5:13 pm

Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome, time for this one to come home

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/09 at 8:33 pm

I think you're knocking it.

Am not!
>:(

Written By: Tia on 03/03/09 at 5:12 pm

suspect charged in chandra levy case!

wait. chandra who?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 5:28 pm

wait. chandra who?

Not Gary Condit! At last there was a guy who REALLY DIDN'T do it...and then 9/11 killed the story before they could clear his name.  In the fall of 2001 it was clear Condit could not have offed Chandra, but there might have been a half a paragraph about it on page Z99!  So Gary got stuck with it! 
"Gary Condit?  He's the congressman who killed that girl before 9/11, right?"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/03/09 at 6:12 pm

wait. chandra who?

She was the suck-up intern for a politician.  New story is she was bumped off by an illegal immigrant that's doing time for killing two others.  *sigh* No need to read the National Inquirer anymore this crap is now headline news.

Written By: Tia on 03/03/09 at 6:13 pm

She was the suck-up intern for a politician.  New story is she was bumped off by an illegal immigrant that's doing time for killing two others.  *sigh* No need to read the National Inquirer anymore this crap is now headline news.
i dont mean to get all oliver stone on you but something about this illegal immigrant cat just screams patsy

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/03/09 at 6:15 pm

i dont mean to get all oliver stone on you but something about this illegal immigrant cat just screams patsy

Yep, patsy, convenient scapegoat.  Watch him turn out not to have done it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/09 at 6:31 pm

Why not?  Gary Condit got oliver clothes off!

(sorry)
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

Written By: Tia on 03/06/09 at 1:20 pm

All this talk of "European-style" anything about what Obama and the rest of non-Limbaughstic America is trying to achieve is an attempt to divert attention from the fact that the Party of Reagan managed to provide a model for Putinist Russia.

Republicans tried (and, to too great a degree, succeeded) to upend our great nation and sell-off huge segments of its inherent goodness to their crony capitalist buddies.

What we got was a hollowed-out shell of a society.

Now, trying to rebuild that society, Democrats (and Independents and moderate Republicans) are being smeared with the "socialist" label.

"Societist" would be a better description.

The liberal-moderate coalition in post-Bush America are trying to restore our "society."

A nation without the universal rules of a common social contract has good models out there: When you hear the Anti-Tax, Anti-Government Republican mobsters trying to bully us all into their Anti-Society framework, imagine their models:

Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uganda, Rawanda -- all nations with low taxes, weak governments, little social structure.

a fun messageboard response to an unusally asinine michael gerson piece in the washington post. i've been thinking of that lately: that conservative ideology has this curious lust for failed states. and i like this term "societist," i'd like to see that catch on.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/05/AR2009030502950.html

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/06/09 at 3:25 pm

It's like a guy strapped into an electric chair saying to his lawyer, "Hey, what are you trying to do, get me in trouble?"

These Republican blowhards keep fingerwagging about how we better not go with Obama's stimulus plan because "it could hurt our economy," and "we could see a lot of job losses."

To put it another way, it reminds me of that scene in "Titanic" where the porter says to Jack, "That's White Star property!  You'll have to pay for that!"

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/09 at 2:02 pm

I watched this last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVVhWcK9iDM

And I was thinking WTF?? I know, I know. I really should consider the source but he are still trying to spread fear. "Socialism" is the catchphrase of the day. I want to know, what is so wrong about socialism? IMO, socialism is a good thing-it pays for roads, schools, and other public needs. And he are basically saying if you want to bring criminals to justice, then you are unAmerican.  ::)

Ok, I feel better. Got that off my chest.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 03/07/09 at 2:17 pm

I watched this last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVVhWcK9iDM

And I was thinking WTF?? I know, I know. I really should consider the source but he are still trying to spread fear. "Socialism" is the catchphrase of the day. I want to know, what is so wrong about socialism? IMO, socialism is a good thing-it pays for roads, schools, and other public needs. And he are basically saying if you want to bring criminals to justice, then you are unAmerican.  ::)

Ok, I feel better. Got that off my chest.

Cat
i think the tendency is to use "socialism" in a way that confuses public-sector spending with command economies. "socialism" is bad if it stifles opportunity or bends the public to the will of the government, but the way the right wants to define "socialism" everything the government does other than spend on the military and on border enforcement is the equivalent of stalinism.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/09 at 2:36 pm

Oh, another thing. If the Repubs in Congress want to have a spending freeze, I say let's do it and start with their pay.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/sagrin.gif

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/09 at 3:55 pm

i think the tendency is to use "socialism" in a way that confuses public-sector spending with command economies. "socialism" is bad if it stifles opportunity or bends the public to the will of the government, but the way the right wants to define "socialism" everything the government does other than spend on the military and on border enforcement is the equivalent of stalinism.

Socialized health care would improve entrepeneurship.  How?  If people didn't have to worry about buying health "insurance" for themselves and their families, they would feel freer to start their own businesses.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/09 at 4:00 pm

Socialized health care would improve entrepeneurship.  How?  If people didn't have to worry about buying health "insurance" for themselves and their families, they would feel freer to start their own businesses.

Or for their employees.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/09 at 7:44 pm

Or for their employees.

Cat

I've encountered this dilemma in my own job search.  I could do "freelance" work while I'm trying to get good enough to be hired by a corporation, but if I do, I'll have to forego health insurance.  It sucks.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/10/09 at 9:55 pm

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/files/2009/03/botchmen.jpg

Add your own joke about the blue guy as you see fit :)

Written By: Tia on 03/11/09 at 9:37 am

what's with two shooting sprees halfway across the world from each other happening on the same day?

when do we start seeing plagues of locusts and frogs?  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/09 at 9:45 am

when do we start seeing plagues of locusts and frogs?  :-\\
The were ten plagues and the first was the water turning into blood.

Written By: Tia on 03/11/09 at 9:53 am

The were ten plagues and the first was the water turning into blood.
ah thanks, i'll keep an eye out for that then.

Written By: Tia on 03/12/09 at 11:43 am

totally crushin' on elizabeth warren. dig this vid from 2006, she totally predicted the economic collapse, even mentioning that subprime mortgages would be the cause.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1520197000986018021&ei=5_C3SfHjIYaIqQP-soXzAw&q=elizabeth+warren&emb=1

Written By: Tia on 03/13/09 at 9:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEJg5zfdBs

Written By: Macphisto on 03/14/09 at 1:52 pm

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/files/2009/03/botchmen.jpg

Add your own joke about the blue guy as you see fit :)

Joe is definitely a comedian..  lol

Ozy-manuel...  clever one he is...

Written By: Tia on 03/19/09 at 7:26 am

best editorial EVAH!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20090319/cm_uc_crjcox/op_459394;_ylt=AjNjdhrlDcojzSh6Fdge1TH9wxIF

Disgruntled AIG employees may not just quit; they may sue us if we don't pay their bonuses. But let's see what happens in five years or so, as their lawsuit moves through the courts. Let's see how many of these executives really want to answer hard questions in a deposition about their dubious activities at AIG. And let's see how many of them suddenly realize that they may have criminal liability — like their old boss Joseph Cassano, the former head of AIG Financial Products, who has hired a top defense attorney.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/20/09 at 5:53 pm

Well there is a brouhaha about Obama making an aside about his bowling being so bad it's like the Special Olympics.  As a mother whose son just this past month bowled at the regional Special Olympics, call me insensitive, but I laughed when he said it.  As a matter of fact, after talking to a few of the other parents at school when picking the kids up, it seems that we are all pretty insensitive, because we all ranged from chuckle to laugh.  Why?  Because we sat and watched kids who bowled whole strings of gutter balls, and applauded, but as we applauded we laughed amongst ourselves.  It is the ones who cannot see the humor in it who are the ones who cannot cope and do a disservice to the children in their care.  So he said what we thought, no harm, no foul.

Written By: Jessica on 03/20/09 at 7:32 pm

Well there is a brouhaha about Obama making an aside about his bowling being so bad it's like the Special Olympics.  As a mother whose son just this past month bowled at the regional Special Olympics, call me insensitive, but I laughed when he said it.  As a matter of fact, after talking to a few of the other parents at school when picking the kids up, it seems that we are all pretty insensitive, because we all ranged from chuckle to laugh.  Why?  Because we sat and watched kids who bowled whole strings of gutter balls, and applauded, but as we applauded we laughed amongst ourselves.  It is the ones who cannot see the humor in it who are the ones who cannot cope and do a disservice to the children in their care.  So he said what we thought, no harm, no foul.

I knew, as soon as those words left his mouth, that it was going to be all over the place today.  Not because the people who run the Special Olympics were getting bent, but because the nitpickers and the newshounds were looking for any slip up. :P

We're watching that Terminator show right now.  The Fox news break is asking the question, "Is Obama acting presidential enough?" ::)

Written By: Jessica on 03/20/09 at 10:55 pm

Let's all jump on the bandwagon! ::)

Palin and Shriver Bitching About Obama's Remark

Written By: Tia on 03/21/09 at 7:10 am

We're watching that Terminator show right now.  The Fox news break is asking the question, "Is Obama acting presidential enough?" ::)
and is our children learning?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/21/09 at 7:40 am

The people who run Special Olympics are incompetent idiots.  I am grateful for the programs that are offered, but they make it very difficult to be involved, and I would suspect a lot of the money donated to them goes into wayward pockets.  I use their programs, as well as local programs, but after having dealt with them I will not donate a cent and would urge anyone who wanted to donate for special causes to send their money to local entities. 

Written By: McDonald on 03/21/09 at 10:06 am

I'm so sick of the neverending PC merry-go-round that I could literally care less about this whole thing. But I have to wonder, if Bush were still president would people have been so forgiving? I really don't think so. Obama is enjoying a rare press honeymoon. He can do no wrong for the moment.

This kind of bothers me, because it seems that there is no objective analysis available. It's either undeserved adoration and lauding from the mainstream press, or unfair spite, ugliness and disgust from the Right-Wing pundits. How is anyone supposed to get any worthwhile commentary out of an editorial environment so (and forgive me the pun) black & white?  

Written By: Jessica on 03/21/09 at 11:05 am

I'm so sick of the neverending PC merry-go-round that I could literally care less about this whole thing. But I have to wonder, if Bush were still president would people have been so forgiving? I really don't think so. Obama is enjoying a rare press honeymoon. He can do no wrong for the moment.

This kind of bothers me, because it seems that there is no objective analysis available. It's either undeserved adoration and lauding from the mainstream press, or unfair spite, ugliness and disgust from the Right-Wing pundits. How is anyone supposed to get any worthwhile commentary out of an editorial environment so (and forgive me the pun) black & white?  

I was thinking about that question last night, and I have to say that I don't think anyone would have made a big deal out of it if Bush had said something like that.  We became so used to his....ummm....way with words that nothing shocked us anymore. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/21/09 at 12:28 pm

The people who run Special Olympics are incompetent idiots.  I am grateful for the programs that are offered, but they make it very difficult to be involved, and I would suspect a lot of the money donated to them goes into wayward pockets.  I use their programs, as well as local programs, but after having dealt with them I will not donate a cent and would urge anyone who wanted to donate for special causes to send their money to local entities. 

Well it's a Schriver-Kennedy thing, right?  My guess is it's a tax shelter...but you know me, I'm a raging cynic.

Anyway, that was a major gaff on Obama's part, even though his heart's in the right place.  I notice the Right is keeping their finger-pointing to a minimum on this one because it's usually their guys say this kind of stuff.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/23/09 at 11:54 pm

Let's all jump on the bandwagon! ::)

Palin and Shriver Bitching About Obama's Remark

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3693/retardoo0.jpg

Do I take the high road and say that Gov. Palin just went full retard, or do I take the low road and suggest that she shouldn't?

And then, I realized that we's come to the point that a wisecrack that could be misinterpreted as making fun of Trig has become the high road. 

"Jesus wept."

(OK, so you have to really stretch the story a bit to get "epic facepalm" from the context around John 11:35, but you can, and that's good enough for me.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/09 at 10:36 am

Faux News
Fix News
Fox Noise

Any others?

Cat

Written By: philbo on 03/24/09 at 11:08 am

Any others?

Printable ones?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/09 at 11:16 am

Printable ones?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Karma for making me laugh.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/09 at 12:01 pm

Faux News
Fix News
Fox Noise

Any others?

Cat

The 24-Hour Comedy Hour

Written By: Tia on 03/24/09 at 4:07 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover/print

Nor did anyone mention that when AIG finally got up from its seat at the Wall Street casino, broke and busted in the afterdawn light, it owed money all over town — and that a huge chunk of your taxpayer dollars in this particular bailout scam will be going to pay off the other high rollers at its table. Or that this was a casino unique among all casinos, one where middle-class taxpayers cover the bets of billionaires.

People are pissed off about this financial crisis, and about this bailout, but they're not pissed off enough. The reality is that the worldwide economic meltdown and the bailout that followed were together a kind of revolution, a coup d'Ă©tat. They cemented and formalized a political trend that has been snowballing for decades: the gradual takeover of the government by a small class of connected insiders, who used money to control elections, buy influence and systematically weaken financial regulations.

Written By: Tia on 03/24/09 at 5:48 pm

But before you even finish saying that, they're rolling their eyes, because You Don't Get It. These people were never about anything except turning money into money, in order to get more money; valueswise they're on par with crack addicts, or obsessive sexual deviants who burgle homes to steal panties. Yet these are the people in whose hands our entire political future now rests.

i think this actually does a disservice to panty-pilferers.

Written By: Tia on 04/04/09 at 5:48 pm

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/briank477/rumsfeld.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/04/09 at 7:30 pm

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/briank477/rumsfeld.jpg

MACHO MACHO MAN, I'VE GOT TO BE A MACHO MAN!

Written By: Tia on 04/05/09 at 3:54 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/teabagsignsmall.jpg

Written By: Tia on 04/05/09 at 9:56 pm

frickin' scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ZtKi1ujmk

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/06/09 at 8:16 am

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/teabagsignsmall.jpg

That kid looks like he's stuck in a copy of 16 magazine from the 70's.  Is he even old enough to know what teabagging is.  I have to wonder can liberal women teabag? 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/06/09 at 8:19 am

frickin' scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ZtKi1ujmk

Yes Obama is the Anti-Christ and so was George W.Bush and so are the Jonas Brothers.  As for Armageddon, we've been through worse.  Most people now a days are just a bunch of pansy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/09 at 12:27 pm

That kid looks like he's stuck in a copy of 16 magazine from the 70's.

He looks like Mikey Likes It!
;D

Is he even old enough to know what teabagging is.  I have to wonder can liberal women teabag? 

Yeah, if it's Celestial Seasonings or Feminine Toner or something like that.
:P

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/06/09 at 1:04 pm

Yes Obama is the Anti-Christ and so was George W.Bush and so are the Jonas Brothers.  As for Armageddon, we've been through worse.  Most people now a days are just a bunch of pansy.

Obama is probably going to have one-term. I'm sorry, some people may wise-up to him.

And it seems that we dumped a Nixon and got a Carter. :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/09 at 2:40 pm

Obama is probably going to have one-term. I'm sorry, some people may wise-up to him.

We dumped Nixon and got Ford, who no one at all voted for

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/09 at 5:46 pm

If Obama is going to only have one-term, the Republicans had better get their s**t together REAL FAST and come up with a half way decent candidate.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 04/08/09 at 2:13 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/teabagfax.jpg

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/08/09 at 2:36 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/teabagfax.jpg

Tia, did you make that?

Written By: Tia on 04/08/09 at 2:41 pm

Tia, did you make that?
sadly, no. you simply must check wonkette religiously! it's the only way to know what's really going on!

http://wonkette.com/407651/best-teabagging-threat-ever#comment-284133

i provided the comment about mind control chips in the buttocks though.

Written By: Tia on 04/08/09 at 7:12 pm

haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9X0sAaSYlo

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/09/09 at 12:00 am

http://www.excelphoto.com/images/geithner-ingsoc.jpg

April 15th is just around the corner.  Taxes are the price we pay for civilization. 

Do your part for the boys on the Malabar front.  Be sure to attend the Two Minute Hate against the wicked John Galtstein!   

Big Brother pays his taxes.  Big Brother has always paid his taxes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/09 at 5:32 pm

http://www.excelphoto.com/images/geithner-ingsoc.jpg

April 15th is just around the corner.  Taxes are the price we pay for civilization. 

Do your part for the boys on the Malabar front.  Be sure to attend the Two Minute Hate against the wicked John Galtstein!   

Big Brother pays his taxes.  Big Brother has always paid his taxes.

I always say Orwell gave people too much credit; he assumed there would have to be somebody watching you from the other side of the screen to coerce you to watch the government's fascist drivel!

Written By: Tia on 04/09/09 at 9:24 pm

jesus, how crazy exactly is the right gonna get?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn708dgmZWY

Written By: Tia on 04/13/09 at 2:46 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/iceprincess.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/13/09 at 10:39 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/iceprincess.jpg

I don't care what your politics are.  Barack the Barbarian: Quest for the Treasure of Stimuli is just plain cool.)

http://i.livescience.com/images/Palin1.jpg
http://i.livescience.com/images/Palin2.jpg
http://i.livescience.com/images/Picture.jpg

- If you don't find it at your local store, get it from Devil's Due Comics.

Yeah, that's a shameless plug.  Come on, I don't care whether you vote Jackass, Elephant, or Porcupine.  Just look at that artwork and tell me you don't want a copy :)

Written By: Tia on 04/14/09 at 11:22 am

^ that DOES look pretty cool.  8)

so, scary obama quote of the day.

“A dollar of capital in banks can translate to 8 or 10 dollars of loans to families and businesses.”

c'mon dude. that's how we got IN to this!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/09 at 12:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F26vC_1_8xw

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/19/09 at 11:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F26vC_1_8xw

Cat

*giggle snort*  That's going to be the joke for years to come.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/09 at 12:00 am

It's Swine Flu Time!

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/That's-all-Folks---Porky-Pig-790400.jpg

Mexico's already on the ball, playing the role of President Madagascar.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2cesq4k.jpg

If you don't get the joke, play some Pandemic 2.  Not only will you learn the basics of epidemiology, you'll have more fun than you ever thought possible.  Even with the benefit of an intelligent designer (namely you, the player, deciding which characteristics you'd like your germ-of-choice to acquire so as to most-efficiently wipe out all of humanity!), it's bloody hard to wipe out the species, and not just because of Madagascar's tendency to Shut. Down. Everything.

Everything?

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/casandjamie/Pandemic_2_Madagascar.gif

EVERYTHING!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/09 at 5:48 am

It's Swine Flu Time!

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/That's-all-Folks---Porky-Pig-790400.jpg

Mexico's already on the ball, playing the role of President Madagascar.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2cesq4k.jpg

If you don't get the joke, play some Pandemic 2.  Not only will you learn the basics of epidemiology, you'll have more fun than you ever thought possible.  Even with the benefit of an intelligent designer (namely you, the player, deciding which characteristics you'd like your germ-of-choice to acquire so as to most-efficiently wipe out all of humanity!), it's bloody hard to wipe out the species, and not just because of Madagascar's tendency to Shut. Down. Everything.

Everything?

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/casandjamie/Pandemic_2_Madagascar.gif

EVERYTHING!
The public sneeze and the politician have sleaze!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/09 at 6:14 am

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/INF3_0407J.jpg

"Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases" by Herbert Mayo Bateman, October 1942

Written By: nally on 04/29/09 at 10:24 pm

^
|
yep, it does go all over the place, for sure...

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/29/09 at 11:55 pm

"Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases" by Herbert Mayo Bateman, October 1942

(Very cool.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.)

In other news, CNN reports Patient Zero has been tentatively identified.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/horonto/motivator543073.jpg

Of course, the Intarwebs have known that Patient Zero was about 5 years old for a couple of years.  It just took us a while to change the caption from "BACON: Not Quite Done Yet" to "SWINE FLU: You Damn Fool, You've Killed Us All!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/09 at 1:06 am

^
|
yep, it does go all over the place, for sure...
In a crowded train carriage?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/09 at 1:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDC5JalP4nU&feature=popular

Cat

Written By: Tia on 04/30/09 at 2:13 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/joe-biden-300x224.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/09 at 2:27 pm

Ooh, ooh, Caption Contest!!! Caption Contest!!!

"Whoa! That's a spicy meatball!"

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/30/09 at 2:42 pm

In a crowded train carriage?

That would put just about everyone aboard at risk.

Written By: Paul on 04/30/09 at 3:26 pm

'Honestly! It was this big!'

Written By: Tia on 04/30/09 at 3:29 pm

"Every morning
Every evening
Ain't we got fun "

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/09 at 3:51 pm

"I didn't do it, man."

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/01/09 at 11:54 pm

Once again, xkcd has a cartoon for every occasion.  This week, it was the Swine Flu panic:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/swine_flu.png

I forgot, are we supposed to be shutting something down?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9356/madaci9.gif

Oh yes.  That.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/04/09 at 11:29 pm

Today's Madagascar Lulz:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9225/madagascareo3.gif

OK, so there's such a thing as overreacting.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/20/09 at 11:29 pm

Remember this meme from the 2008 elections?

http://www.motifake.com/demotivational-poster/0809/vote-mccainpalin-mccain-palin-cylon-battlestar-galactica-demotivational-poster-1220458097.jpg

It takes a while, but eventually, life imiitates art.

Palin, for all her faults, wasn't the 12th Scilon.  The 12th Scilon was a toaster who went by the name of John Coale.  Coale's attempt to infiltrate the Republican party on behalf of the cult (with the help of Greta "11th Scilon" van Susteren) has failed; his cover was blown a few months ago, and Palin finally threw him out the fracking airlock.

All of this has happened before, and as long as the UFO cult has tax-exempt status, it will all happen again.  With more than 52,000 points on change.gov and a near-permanent position on the top issues page, that's change even I could believe in.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/09 at 9:14 pm

Biden reveals his true identity: Fish-Man!
:-\\

Written By: Macphisto on 05/22/09 at 5:17 pm

I might get in trouble for this one, but what the hey....  (use CTRL+mouse wheel to zoom in)

http://i41.tinypic.com/jrsck8.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/28/09 at 12:25 am

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/erichenn/gaymarriage.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/lajimi/Political/gay-marriage-protest-civil-rights.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/erichenn/gaymarriage2.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/lajimi/Political/gaymar-1.jpg

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2000/12/song-chart-memes-gay-agenda.jpg

On to Korean War II: Nuclear Boogaloo!

Written By: Tia on 06/10/09 at 10:33 am

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ghwbushlady.jpg

Written By: Tia on 06/10/09 at 10:41 am

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0609_barbara_bush_01_wm.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 06/10/09 at 10:52 am

^ those are mildly disturbing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/09 at 11:38 am

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ghwbushlady.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0609_barbara_bush_01_wm.jpg

Ok, that is just SOOOOO wrong.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/09 at 1:05 pm

THIS JUST IN!!!!

Newt Gingrich is an alien from outer space. He even said that he isn't of this world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1-c_ViA8xE

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/10/09 at 8:53 pm

Ok, that is just SOOOOO wrong.

Cat

Is that a pack of Lifesavers in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/09 at 12:30 pm

Is that a pack of Lifesavers in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

http://www.labnol.org/assets/images/YahooSmileys/smileys7.gif

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/11/09 at 11:44 pm

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7196/1233971363557vj1.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/09 at 10:50 pm

http://i44.tinypic.com/zsmis9.jpg

Tonight on CNN (the network that invented the 24/7 news channel format during Gulf War I) brings you... Melissa Etheridge's talking about marijuana!

Meanwhile, back in Iran, a little shout-out to Ahmastealinyourelections:

http://i44.tinypic.com/sdlqpl.jpg

If you're watching the TV news, you're not paying attention.  The revolution will not be televised; it will be tweeted...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3716/roflbot3rol.jpg

...anonymously.

Remember, remember, the 12th day of June
The ballot box treason and scam
I see no reason
The ballot box treason
Ever should fly in Iran.

-- as seen on some other farking website. :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/15/09 at 10:52 pm

Demonic reply # here.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/15/09 at 11:36 pm

Demonic reply # here.

How's this?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/Nebulious/12587152.gif

It's certainly a burn worthy of the fires of hell.  :)

Written By: Tia on 06/16/09 at 8:06 am

How's this?
from the comments...

The irony is that Mousavi is backed by the CIA who want to see Ahmadinejad gone. Useful idiots.

i've been wondering about that myself. although i'm actually a bit skeptical western spooks would be able to get enough of a foothold in iran to influence their elections. and after '53 i'd be surprised to see the iranian public fall for that one again. but hey, it's an interesting idea...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/09 at 10:44 pm

How's this?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/Nebulious/12587152.gif

It's certainly a burn worthy of the fires of hell.  :)

Thank you, thank you, and Karamel to you!
;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/19/09 at 12:34 am

i've been wondering about that myself. although i'm actually a bit skeptical western spooks would be able to get enough of a foothold in iran to influence their elections. and after '53 i'd be surprised to see the iranian public fall for that one again. but hey, it's an interesting idea...

Always a possibility, but (a) Mousavi isn't really that pro-West.  He's just not nuts.  (b) The CIA couldn't even topple Chavez a few years ago, what are the odds that (30+ years after having their ass-ets handed to them via the first Revolution) that they'd actually have enough boots on the ground to pull it off?  And (c), this thing's taken a life of its own, which doesn't seem to jibe with the modus operandi of most spooks. 

To elaborate, there may well be legions of Russian and Chinese nerds working for the regime, just as there are plenty of American and European hackers working against it.  None of 'em are taking orders from anyone, they're just doing they believe will further their respective countries' interests.  Useful idiots, perhaps... but from the perspective of a government, they're unlike Stalin's useful idiots in that it's a lot harder to control them, and practically impossible to dispose of them when you're done with 'em.  Nobody - not even Anonymous - has yet figured out how to turn a random idea into a successful meme.  It's luck of the draw as to whether it fails on the first post, fizzles after a few days/weeks (Advice Dog, anyone?), or inspires something like LOLcats, a meme that's continued for years.

Loose cannons and spooks don't match -- and the Internet is the loosest cannon of them all.

Now, on to the lulz.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7426/twitter.jpg

"A Little Bird Told Me"

http://imgur.com/GbwhK.jpg

"The Mouse that Roared"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/09 at 11:54 am

DON'T CALL HER LIZ!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI-ficXX_ag

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/22/09 at 1:23 am

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5823/iranbreakingw.jpg

I'm goin' to hell for laughing at that.  And now, so are all of you!

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/24/09 at 12:38 am

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h139/roippi/5112_96124415804_736075804_2060171_.jpg

Iran:  It's Sorta Like Jurassic Fark, only with an old guy instead of a squirrel.

Written By: Tia on 07/07/09 at 6:46 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNGPRX_W88

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/09 at 11:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZNGPRX_W88

That's an OLD joke-which I heard the other way around. At first they were Repubs-THEN Dems.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 07/07/09 at 1:32 pm

That's an OLD joke-which I heard the other way around. At first they were Repubs-THEN Dems.

Cat
the clip itself is from the 70s. I like the twist of having dumb hee haw rednecks say it; gives it an extra layer of irony.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/08/09 at 12:47 am

There's plenty of lulz in the official "Sarah Palin Resigns as Governor of Alaska" file, but this one's for here, and kinda sums 'em all up.

http://www.madmann.com/fark/respectstewie.jpg

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/08/09 at 10:33 am

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/07/federal.buildings.security/index.html

BOOM.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/08/09 at 1:56 pm

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/song-chart-memes-politicians-do.jpg?w=504&h=476

Written By: Tia on 07/08/09 at 2:14 pm

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/foxandfriends.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/08/09 at 11:28 pm

(What Politicians Do)

Hey, people keep asking me to say Something Positive, and when I do...

http://somethingpositive.net/sp06242009.gif

...you have to click on it to make it big. 

I forget whether I played this card during the governor-in-argentina scandal.  It appeared on the day the scandal broke, and was made of God and Win, and will serve all of us well in future scandals.

(( Edit: So now, clicking on it not only makes it big, it makes it pop! ;) ))

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/08/09 at 11:30 pm

HAHA, you have to click on it to make it big...heee.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/10/09 at 10:55 pm

Meanwhile, at the G-8 summit, "Uh-oh, spaghetti-Os!  A new era in Franco-American co-operation!"

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/TFCOLE/FARK/NICE-1.jpg

Written By: Tia on 07/13/09 at 11:56 am

JESUS IS LIFE Today at 10:32 AM FLAG COMMENT Well YOU DEMONcRATS are to BLAME for this HELL that has been UNLEASE BY ALMIGHTY JESUS CHRIST GOD IN THE HIGHEST SAVIOR OF ALL THAT IS MIGHTY JESUS. you ELECTed a MUSLIN to lead the FREE WORLD! and now yoU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!! A PLAGUE OF SEE MONSTERS on the BEACHES and the eath SHAKING behind your FEAT. IS there ANY question that bECAUSE of the election of OBAMA (he is a MULSLIN I ASSURE YOU MY PASTOR TOLD ME THIS HE IS NOT A LIAR BECAUSE BE BELEIVES IN JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY IN THE HIGHEST JESUS SAVIOR OF ALL THAT HIS HOLY( and becaus eof the ABORTIONS that the DEMONcRATS are forcing down the THROATS OF INNOCENT CHILDREN that there is this HELL IN CALIFORNIA THE MOST LIBRAL STATE EVER? REPENT NOW AND ELECT A TRUE CHRISTIAN NEXT TIME OR FACE THE RATH OF JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY SAVIOR OF ALL THAT IS GOOD

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/13/09 at 12:35 pm

Person can't even spell Muslim right.  Last time I checked Muslin was a kind of cloth.  I believe this person has the potential of becoming a Christian extremist if he or she is not already.  His pastor probably brain washed him too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/14/09 at 8:04 pm

Meanwhile, at the G-8 summit, "Uh-oh, spaghetti-Os!  A new era in Franco-American co-operation!"

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb35/TFCOLE/FARK/NICE-1.jpg

I just might have said both those things myself!
:-[

Written By: philbo on 07/15/09 at 3:20 am

That was a picture of Berlusconi's new Finance Minister, wasn't it?

Written By: MrCleveland on 07/29/09 at 12:59 pm

Didn't Dick Cheney want troops or something like that in Buffalo?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/31/09 at 10:46 pm

http://www.rjmatson.com/images/cartoons/STL937.jpg

Of course...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/understocked.png

For every thread, there exists at least one XKCD comic.  "The Beer Summit" is no exception.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/11/09 at 11:59 am

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/political-pictures-all-about.jpg?w=450&h=536

Written By: Frank on 08/11/09 at 12:32 pm

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/political-pictures-all-about.jpg?w=450&h=536

X-rated post!

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/11/09 at 12:48 pm

That is sooooo going into uncyclopedia!

Written By: Tia on 08/24/09 at 9:58 am

http://content.cartoonbox.slate.com/?feature=88f8e35870001a4387ffe7174c241bef

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/25/09 at 1:17 pm

http://content.cartoonbox.slate.com/?feature=88f8e35870001a4387ffe7174c241bef

My aunt said the "Cash for Clunkers" is a joke because it's hurting dealerships...or something like that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/09 at 2:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdOHyAvcdc

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/29/09 at 11:12 am

Yeah, and what happens in Vermont stays in Vermont.  Problem is, nothing ever happens in Vermont.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/29/09 at 4:46 pm

Yeah, and what happens in Vermont stays in Vermont.  Problem is, nothing ever happens in Vermont.

Well...that show "Newhart" in the 80's and Maple Syrup...other than that...you're right.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/29/09 at 7:43 pm

Well...that show "Newhart" in the 80's and Maple Syrup...other than that...you're right.

Don't forget Ben & Jerry's and PHISH!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/09 at 12:25 pm

Don't forget Ben & Jerry's and PHISH!

It also has Don Carlos & Cat.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/31/09 at 10:55 am

It also has Don Carlos & Cat.  ;)

Cat

Who keep it in Vermont

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/09 at 12:53 pm

Who keep it in Vermont

;) ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/03/09 at 11:36 pm

Because we haven't talked about health care lately.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5313/sweeneytoddbachmann.jpg

It's down the street, not across the road, Michelle.

In the interest of balance, a word from FOX:

http://www.sott.net/image/image/s1/22777/full/glenn_beck_9_11_truther_quote.jpg

There are those rumors that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990.  Don't know if it's true or not, but that is the early report.

I snark, y'all decide.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/04/09 at 1:36 am

There are those rumors that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990.  Don't know if it's true or not, but that is the early report.

I snark, y'all decide.

I've heard the rumor that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990. So far, to my knowledge, there has been no rebuttal from Glenn Beck that he raped and murder a girl in 1990. He looks like the type who could have raped and murdered a girl in 1990. There is no evidence that Glenn Beck raped a murder a girl in 1990, but just to be safe, we should haul in Glen Beck and question him about raping and murdering a girl in 1990.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/09 at 12:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctXlo1r7AIk

Cat

Written By: Tia on 09/04/09 at 2:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctXlo1r7AIk

Cat

tied with "don't call me liz" for the funniest KO i've ever seen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/09 at 4:32 pm

tied with "don't call me liz" for the funniest KO i've ever seen.

When I was watching that last night, I was LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/09 at 12:16 pm

Part "Deux"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOT29L46Q1Q

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/07/09 at 12:55 am

I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me if you so much as smirk:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8837/wtc7healthbar.jpg

Figured this was Too Wrong for even the Wrongest Thread Ever, but at least this screenshot from God's monitor has you ready to debunk the official 8th anniversary Truther nonsense next week.  Give 'em hell, for the lulz.

(Why yes, I know damn well where I'm going, and precisely why I'm in this handbasket, thank you very much!)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/07/09 at 1:01 pm

For once, I'm not going to hell for this one. No, I didn't so much as smirk. Personally, I think that one is very poor taste.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/07/09 at 8:09 pm

For once, I'm not going to hell for this one. No, I didn't so much as smirk. Personally, I think that one is very poor taste.

Mea culpa - hey, it's kinda reassuring to know at least one of us has some taste.

On a lighter note...

http://i32.tinypic.com/ozltt.jpg

Written By: Tia on 09/09/09 at 7:46 pm

Cat
i'm not sure i even get it.

Written By: karen on 09/09/09 at 9:02 pm

nor me :-\\

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/09/09 at 10:29 pm

WTC7 was heavily damaged due to the collapse of WTC1 and WTC2.  The truthers claim it wasn't, and that it was deliberately destroyed.  One look at the picture reveals a lot of stuff (like, the topmost several stories of a major office building) heading straight for the flat side of WTC7, knocking its health bar down by 30%.  Truthers claim that WTC7 was brought down by internally-mounted explosives, aliens, or some other wharrgarbl. 

Smite away in the Smite Club, that's what it's (well, what was originally) there for, but it's an interesting question - how soon is too soon?  Michael Jackson and Ted Kennedy, a few days.  9/11, obviously more than 8 years.  The Titanic?  Obviously less than 100 years.

http://www.lovingit.co.uk/images/2009-04_titanic.jpg
http://www.partyusa.com/images/titanic4.jpg

Somewhere between 8-100 years, we'll talk.  Anyways, maybe you had to play a lot of Rampage to see it first as a jab against truthers instead of just random tastelessness.  (Trust me, if I'd been going for just plain offensive, I can think of way worse.  Don't google "It's horrible but I can't stop laughing".  Don't click on the first link, and it gets worse from there.  Rule 34, for instance, stands.)

Anyways, as long as we're on the subject of "How soon is too soon", sometimes the answer is "it's never soon enough", so on to the health care speech.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/18/roflbot1nem.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3637/ovation.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1486/platitude.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8494/roflbotr3kv.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6549/roflbot6ama.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll319/benchilada/Politics/BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

Written By: Tia on 09/10/09 at 4:59 pm

dint know white pple r so stupid.they kids r being asked to stay in school n study hard, n them parents r frontin' like bitchez..!Stupid ass idiets..!by the way, m white, so keep ur dumbass comments to yaself, or convey them to ur mother.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/10/09 at 7:47 pm

I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me if you so much as smirk:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8837/wtc7healthbar.jpg

Figured this was Too Wrong for even the Wrongest Thread Ever, but at least this screenshot from God's monitor has you ready to debunk the official 8th anniversary Truther nonsense next week.  Give 'em hell, for the lulz.

(Why yes, I know damn well where I'm going, and precisely why I'm in this handbasket, thank you very much!)

That could be on the most shocking webpage ever...something awful.com or rotten.com

I think this may be more offensive....

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/5/54/HoganWTC.jpg

...this was from uncyclopedia.org. (It's like wikipedia.org...but more of a parody.)

I think I'm going to hell for posting this. :-[

Written By: Tia on 09/11/09 at 7:09 am

That could be on the most shocking webpage ever...something awful.com or rotten.com

I think this may be more offensive....

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/5/54/HoganWTC.jpg

...this was from uncyclopedia.org. (It's like wikipedia.org...but more of a parody.)

I think I'm going to hell for posting this. :-[

that's actually pretty funny.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/15/09 at 12:16 am

And in the aftermath of 9/11...

http://existens.org/fark/healthcare.jpg

...because Swine Flu didn't take off the way it could have, and the politicians aren't so terrified for their jobs that they'll sign anything without even bothering to ask for a few bucks from their lobbyists first.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/09 at 11:47 am

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=e1f92ce4857e78069167ba6c1a9b4ed7

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/15/09 at 10:20 pm

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. 

http://www.slowpokecomics.com/strips/terminatrix.gif

...EXPLAINED!

And now, back to our gay marriage debate:

http://archive.salon.com/comics/boll/2000/03/16/boll/story.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/19/09 at 11:16 pm

Sarah Palin has a new book, and a photoshop contest to go with it.  All winners. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/03/09 at 1:18 pm

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20091203/largeimagejd091202.gif

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/09 at 12:13 pm

Sarah Palin has a new book, and a photoshop contest to go with it.  All winners. 

There will be a Republican candidate in 2012, and she knows she won't be the one, so that means cash in now with her ghostwritten book and charging people to buy prints of themselves standing next top her.  Prices vary depending on size of the print. 

Tres John Waters.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/23/09 at 1:36 am

http://olbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/screwed.jpg

And that, in a nutshell, is the health care reform bill. 

Republicans will whine about the government having expanded its powers by taking over health care.  Democrats will whine about it as a massive subsidy to insurance companies.  And both parties will be right.  And neither party will want to change a damn thing about it.

Remember when health care was about figuring out who pays to take care of sick patients instead of figuring out who pays the insurance company not to take care of sick patients?  Yeah, me neither.  Congress has thrown another baseball at the target, and the voters have taken another trip into the dunk tank.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/09 at 12:15 pm

http://olbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/screwed.jpg

And that, in a nutshell, is the health care reform bill. 

Republicans will whine about the government having expanded its powers by taking over health care.  Democrats will whine about it as a massive subsidy to insurance companies.  And both parties will be right.  And neither party will want to change a damn thing about it.

Remember when health care was about figuring out who pays to take care of sick patients instead of figuring out who pays the insurance company not to take care of sick patients?  Yeah, me neither.  Congress has thrown another baseball at the target, and the voters have taken another trip into the dunk tank.

You nailed it right on the head!

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/23/09 at 10:03 pm

You nailed it right on the head!

High road: Saying "I had a picture for that, but the site wouldn't let me post it."
Low road: Saying "No, that's for whatever they're legislating over Easter, not Christmas!"

http://i50.tinypic.com/30mbhgo.jpg

So tonight, I'll be a centrist, and in a spirit of compromise, I'll take the middle road :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/29/09 at 12:09 am

"In response to the Crotchbomber Incident of 2009, effective January 1, 2010, all passengers will be stripped naked and drugged into unconsciousness for the duration of the flight."

What we were promised:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/violators_world/Fifth%20Element/5_Element_F_1997_B99.jpg

What TSA delivered:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6210/roflbotrpvb.jpg

Our Glorious Future, as predicted a month or two after 9/11 by Matt and Trey:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/IT_(South_Park%3B_The_Entity).jpeg

Remember, it still beats dealing with the airlines.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/10 at 3:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYe1KiwywE&feature=popular

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/10 at 4:23 pm

I'm sure most people around here know that I am left-leaning in my political views. I have never hid that fact. I have 2 friends who are basically on the opposite end of the political spectrum. While 1 friend & I may discuss a few political issues, we have an unspoken rule that we agree to disagree and usually politics aren't discussed. The other friend constantly sends me right-leaning fowards that I totally disagree with. Even though she knows that I don't share her views, she still sends me these things. I figured out a way to get "even" with her-to send her left-leaning fowards.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/sagrin.gif 

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/20/10 at 12:33 am

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4996/lolted.jpg

And now, with the Senate vote on health care back to 59/41, we can now resume our temporarily-interrupted game with a whole new round of horse-trading.  American taxpayers get one more chance to have hundreds of millions of dollars of their money spent to buy that "one last vote" all over again!

(And amidst all the sound and fury of the Massachussets Senate Race, how the hell did we miss this?)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/20/10 at 7:17 pm

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4996/lolted.jpg

(And amidst all the sound and fury of the Massachussets Senate Race, how the hell did we miss this?)

We didn't - its on another thread

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/28/10 at 4:05 pm

Okay, couldn't figure out where else to put this, but had to vent for a minute....

One of my FB friends is a Republican...and, I recently learned, an IDIOT.  He actually made the statement that Obama is not HIS president and he will never refer to him as such because he did not vote for him.  He's not the first Republican that I've heard make an idiotic statement such as this....like people on this board, they refer to Obama as "King O," democrats as "Obamunists," and make other offensive statements, all of which I ignore.  These are the same people who would be up in arms if any of us "liberals" DARED say word 1 negative about Dubya.

Sorry, just had to vent about the hypocrisy.....

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/10 at 5:44 pm

Okay, couldn't figure out where else to put this, but had to vent for a minute....

One of my FB friends is a Republican...and, I recently learned, an IDIOT.  He actually made the statement that Obama is not HIS president and he will never refer to him as such because he did not vote for him.  He's not the first Republican that I've heard make an idiotic statement such as this....like people on this board, they refer to Obama as "King O," democrats as "Obamunists," and make other offensive statements, all of which I ignore.  These are the same people who would be up in arms if any of us "liberals" DARED say word 1 negative about Dubya.

I think we all know a few of those, sadly more than a few. 

Written By: philbo on 01/29/10 at 10:05 am

These are the same people who would be up in arms if any of us "liberals" DARED say word 1 negative about Dubya.

I know exactly what you mean - and typically, these are also the same sorts of people who were blaming Obama for the bad economic situation from before he even took power (I wrote a parody about that - I do wonder whether the people who voted 1s on that one were Republicans or Obama supporters who didn't actually read the parody)

Politics over there does seem excessively polarized at times, though the majority of the unthinking opposite-side-hating lying does seem to come a lot more from Republicans than Democrats.

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/10 at 11:41 am

That whole "not my president" thing was spewed by a former friend of mine, to which my other friend (who is a registered Republican) replied, "The dumbass lives in this country, right?  Then Obama is his president.  Stupid asshole."  I laughed heartily.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/03/10 at 1:09 am

http://neveryetmelted.com/wp-images/RamseyCartoon.jpg

A month late, but that's pretty much my serious theory about the Crotchbomber.  The bad guys won the war 8 years ago, now they're just messing with us.

Written By: philbo on 02/03/10 at 5:40 am

This article in theregister pretty much sums it up for me

On the subject, I love the way these all-body scanners are spec'd so that you can't save/export the image - the picture is transient... apart from the hard disk, the USB interface and "via TCP/IP".. i.e. any network or internet.  How did that one get through?  All you need now is the facebook app: "you have been tagged in a picture..."

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/18/10 at 9:18 pm

"Should comedy be around during a time of crisis?"

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4334/dshpoundofflesh.jpg

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7493/irsaustinguybyeverybody.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5944/beguntheteawarshave.jpg

Only one way to find out!

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/10 at 10:47 pm

Hay Guyz, I finally found our political LULZ thread.  It's back!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/k3n51mm/sendhome.jpg

Apparently the sign saying "Welcome to Arizona" got changed.  Funny thing was, this picture was taken at the Utah or Ner Mexico border (these being states that don't require proof of legal presence for issuance of a driver's licence, and therefore any American Citizen from these states cannot use their driver's licence as proof of citizenship and is subject to being hauled in to jail until their citizenship can be determined.

(IANAL, but AFAIK, the states in question are Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. If you're from these states, and an American citizen, you must carry a passport or birth certificate during any travel to or through Arizona.  Your driver's license is not proof of citizenship.  Remember, those AZ cops are gonna be gunning hard on the citizenship status of ordinary whitebread American citizens for no other reason than to prove that they're not racially-profiling.  It's like the TSA guys at the airport, but they've got live ammo :)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/seniormike/AZ2.jpg

And the new state flag:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2860/kkkzona2.jpg

Now playing: Public Enemy, By The Time I Get To Arizona

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/10 at 12:27 am

Apparently this whole oil spill's been blown out of proportion.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7381/claypelican.png

...unfortunately, it's also been blown into the marshes off New Orleans.

http://www.robertamsterdam.com/BP_art.jpg

Just testing the new blowout preventer :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/03/10 at 9:09 pm

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/worst_case_scenario.png

For every thread, there exists at least one XKCD comic, and the BP disaster is no exception.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/10 at 10:48 am

For every thread, there exists at least one XKCD comic, and the BP disaster is no exception.

Is that Rule 36?

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/04/10 at 11:44 pm

Is that Rule 36?

Nope (Rule 36: There are NO girls on the Internet), but someone should codify it.  It'll be somewhere in the mid-70s by now.  By Rule yet-to-be-numbered, XKCD's already covered rule 34.

Meanwhile, found another BP Logo:

http://i49.tinypic.com/i2jdl4.jpg

But since we're on the subject, Let's Help Ruin BP's Image Even More.  (This whole problem did start, after all, when BP opened something up so wide that nothing in the vicinity could plug it back up.)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/07/10 at 11:35 pm

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/06/07/bpstation.jpg

Ironic like rain on your wedding day...

Written By: danootaandme on 06/08/10 at 6:55 am

Love or hate Helen Thomas, the press room will be much, much, less without her.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/09/10 at 10:29 pm

Love or hate Helen Thomas, the press room will be much, much, less without her.

Yup.  Couldn't stand her, but I can't argue that point.  Won't be as much fun for the left or the right without someone to fist-pump with or rail against.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/06/08/alg_helen_thomas.jpg
http://poeslaw.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/emperor-palpatine.jpg

"You have forseen it."

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/11/10 at 9:54 pm

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3oh7t75Ec1qzlfumo1_500.jpg

- Source: Mike Mitchell, "I decided to do a portrait of a BP exec tonight…"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/10 at 12:12 pm

http://media.timesfreepress.com/img/news/tease/2010/06/09/The_Weather_Report_0610.jpg

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/18/10 at 12:05 am

Editorial Cartoon:We're currently tracking a front of severe storms that can be blamed on President Obama
(The weatherman on the FOX News Channel)

Well, in the interests of balance:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2s1n0a9.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2zianw6.jpg

Two pelicans walk into an office, and say "Are you the guy who said 'My nomination marks the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal"?

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/19/10 at 12:22 am

http://imgur.com/xpKNB.jpg

As for reports on BP executives overriding HAL and RIG engineers' opinions on safety... well, let's just say it's a miracle.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/30/10 at 10:27 pm

So the well's capped.  And CEO Tony's got his life back.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2d9xn5j.jpg

Congrats, BP.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/31/10 at 11:15 pm

To the groom: Congrats on the wedding, but be careful about lighting up a celebratory cigar at the reception. 

http://i.imgur.com/BUKSa.jpg

Or don't :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/18/10 at 10:20 pm

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/soto-mosque-ground-zero-muslim-protest-9-11-somewhat-topical.jpg

Something something something, nine-eleven.

NEXT PAGE: Longest Political Thread Ever

Check for new replies or respond here...