» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Anyone else besides me thinking about Christmas already?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/05 at 11:22 pm

I know it's kinda early...but fall goes so fast...and Christmas will be here before we know it.  I already told Vaughn that he has to make his list to Santa so that we can send it to him ASAP!  I think I am going to put some items on layaway at Target and then the rest I am buying online (it's so much easier to do).

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Anyone else besides me thinking about Christmas already?

Written By: ADH13 on 08/15/05 at 11:23 pm

I'm trying not to...

I'm kind of poor this year in comparison to previous years... so for the first time in a loooooong time, I'm actually dreading it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/05 at 11:26 pm

I'm trying not to...

I'm kind of poor this year in comparison to previous years... so for the first time in a loooooong time, I'm actually dreading it.

I hear ya!  We are not going to go all out and buy TONS of stuff this year. Vaughn will get SO much stuff because of the many extended families, etc.....and Chris and I are probably just going to get something for the house for each other this year.  Christmas can be so out of hand sometimes....we like to try and keep it somewhat simple.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/15/05 at 11:28 pm

I hear ya!  We are not going to go all out and buy TONS of stuff this year. Vaughn will get SO much stuff because of the many extended families, etc.....and Chris and I are probably just going to get something for the house for each other this year.  Christmas can be so out of hand sometimes....we like to try and keep it somewhat simple.

give beth a parrot for me. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/05 at 11:28 pm

give beth a parrot for me. :)

hahahaha....ok!! ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/15/05 at 11:29 pm

No...and I don't want to think about it for another 3 months!!

I'm trying not to...

Same here.  We just spent a lot adding on to our house, so this will be a cheap Christmas for us.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/15/05 at 11:30 pm

hahahaha....ok!! ;D

and lessee... make sure it says:

"Snap"

and sings the "Barney" theme song :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/05 at 11:31 pm

"Snap"

oh...she would LOVE that!!! LOL!

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/15/05 at 11:44 pm

I'm SERIOUSLY!!!! looking forward to christmas!

One of my best friends is coming over around the 3rd or 4th of December and then staying until the 18th when we will both fly back to England. Then i'll be able to see all of my friends and my family and spend Christmas with them, before coming home in the New Year.

Written By: jaytee on 08/15/05 at 11:51 pm

I should be but I've still got my daughters' birthdays and my husband's 50th think about  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/05 at 11:52 pm

One of my best friends is coming over around the 3rd or 4th of December and then staying until the 18th when we will both fly back to England. Then i'll be able to see all of my friends and my family and spend Christmas with them, before coming home in the New Year.

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun Andy!

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/15/05 at 11:56 pm

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun Andy!

Hopefully.. and plus.. for the first time in about my last 6 Flights, i won't have to fly alone  ;D.

I don't know if you have ever made a Trans-Atlantic flight.. but it can take FOREVER!

This time round in June i left London at around 9AM English time 3AM Central US Time and didn't get to St Louis until 12:30 AM Central time the next day. Ugh.. It's exhausting, Boring, Tedious and annoying!

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/05 at 12:33 am

I'm not thinking about it this year. It used to be a family thing with the ex but I will happy to let it go by.  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/16/05 at 1:13 am

"Snap"

N-n-n-NO....n-n-n-no birds! *covers ears* Please make the PBS tunes cease!!  :o

Beth

Written By: Jessica on 08/16/05 at 2:04 am

I know I am. Baby's first Christmas and all that. I just want to see what he does to the tree. We'll probably have to bolt it to the floor.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/16/05 at 2:44 am

I always start thinking of Christmas around July (don't know why, lol). Every year I tell myself to not get so excited about it, but I'm finding myself going there already. I love it when Halloween comes, then Thanksgiving and then Christmas... and then I get down after it's all over... lol

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/16/05 at 2:49 am

GAH! It used to be a fun time. Now it just seems like another day in the year.  :-\\ Although my favourite week of the year has to be Dec 26 - Jan 2 (Thereabouts)  :D

With only having immediate family to buy for, it's not too much of a burden.

Written By: Paul on 08/16/05 at 3:45 am

Thinking about Christmas, eh?

Hang on...

Right! Thought about it...can I go now?!!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/16/05 at 3:51 am

Can Christmas be a bi-yearly thing? (That's every two years, not twice a year  :-X)

Could save a bit of money and stress (not so much for me, but everyone else I have to deal with)

Written By: karen on 08/16/05 at 4:17 am

We had a brief chat about Christmas over the weekend.  We will probably have to haul everything down to the in-laws in South Wales.  I don't think my father-in-laws health will have recovered enough for him to be driving again by then.  It is very difficult trying to smuggle all the Christmas presents into the car without the children spotting the ones from Santa.

Written By: mandamoo on 08/16/05 at 5:23 am

Can Christmas be a bi-yearly thing? (That's every two years, not twice a year :-X)

My sentiments exactly GRS !

I have no choice but, to think about Xmas due to work. Karen (CF) knows exactly what I mean  ;)

Just think, in approximately three weeks, it'll be everywhere :D (here anyway)  :P

Written By: goodsin on 08/16/05 at 6:11 am

I'm not thinking about it this year. It used to be a family thing with the ex but I will happy to let it go by.  :)

I don't tend to do Xmas, my family are not religious. We do have a sort of Xmas get-together, but don't bother with giving gifts etc. My daughter, who lives apart from me in Spain, may also visit the UK- if that is the case, I will be foisting all my Xmas spirit on her.

I have a colleague who drives us all mad by counting down the days to Xmas- it's been a standing joke for so long, that she started counting from New Years' Day for this year's Xmas. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't sit right next to a Jehovah's Witness!

Written By: gemini on 08/16/05 at 6:50 am

We were just talking about Christmas a few days ago, and how we need to start stashing a little money back. Every year I wait til the last minute and it stresses me out!! Hopefully, I'll get an early start this year. We have a big extended family and we used to buy all the neices and nephews and all their kids and friends and. . . . well, it was getting to be way too much. So we started drawing names and when the kids turn 18, they draw names too, that way we don't have to buy tons of gifts.  But we still buy for the little ones.

Written By: bj26 on 08/16/05 at 6:54 am

I know it's kinda early...but fall goes so fast...and Christmas will be here before we know it.  I already told Vaughn that he has to make his list to Santa so that we can send it to him ASAP!  I think I am going to put some items on layaway at Target and then the rest I am buying online (it's so much easier to do).

You read my mind, just now I've been thinking of a trip to New York City, well actually to go to the New Years celebration (hopefully going 12-27 to 1-2) :)

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 6:57 am

I had you figured for a halloween man

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 7:00 am

We had a brief chat about Christmas over the weekend.  We will probably have to haul everything down to the in-laws in South Wales.  I don't think my father-in-laws health will have recovered enough for him to be driving again by then.  It is very difficult trying to smuggle all the Christmas presents into the car without the children spotting the ones from Santa.

what do you mean by "spotting the ones from Santa"?
this makes absolutely no sense at all
  ::)

Written By: karen on 08/16/05 at 7:16 am

Santa isn't real, Jiminy.  It's your mum and dad

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/16/05 at 7:18 am

Santa isn't real, Jiminy.  It's your mum and dad
:\'(

Written By: karen on 08/16/05 at 7:19 am

:\'(

sorry you had to hear it this way GRS

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/16/05 at 7:23 am

sorry you had to hear it this way GRS
Put it this way, better I find out now that 10-15 years from now.  :o ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 7:31 am

I could of waited  ;D

Written By: karen on 08/16/05 at 7:32 am

Your first Christmas in your own house.   "What no presents!!  But I wrote and told Santa that I'd moved out"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/16/05 at 9:32 am

You read my mind, just now I've been thinking of a trip to New York City, well actually to go to the New Years celebration (hopefully going 12-27 to 1-2) :)

oh that sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I always wanted to go to the Macy's Day Parade on Thanksgiving. Hey all of you New Yorkers (Howard, Shaq..etc) do you attend that parade?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/05 at 10:24 am

Bah Humbug!

Cat

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 10:40 am

oh that sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I always wanted to go to the Macy's Day Parade on Thanksgiving. Hey all of you New Yorkers (Howard, Shaq..etc) do you attend that parade?

Does this answer your question?   ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/05 at 11:05 am

Not till November, I allready got a flight booked to see my Mom then.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/16/05 at 11:31 am

I had you figured for a halloween man

HeHeHe.. Halloween has always been my third favourite after Thanksgiving. I like Christmas because people give me stuff.. None of this made up sheeshe about 'I love my family' LOL.. They give me cool stuff i want. Thus, all is good.

What a mercenary.

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/05 at 11:39 am

HeHeHe.. Halloween has always been my third favourite after Thanksgiving. I like Christmas because people give me stuff.. None of this made up sheeshe about 'I love my family' LOL.. They give me cool stuff i want. Thus, all is good.

What a mercenary.

Pwahahahahahaha!  ;D

At least your honest about it.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/16/05 at 11:43 am

Pwahahahahahaha!  ;D

At least your honest about it.

That being said, this year i am looking forward to seeing my friends and family because i wont have seen them for about half a year.

In fact, it's almost exactly 4 months until i fly back. I am booking my flight for the 18th of December.

Written By: jackas on 08/16/05 at 3:20 pm

LOL!!!!

Poor Howard! ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/16/05 at 3:22 pm

I want to get through the Summer first.I don't want to think about Christmas right now. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 3:23 pm

LOL!!!!

Poor Howard! ;D

can you imagine hime singing the tune... I love a parade?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/16/05 at 3:23 pm

HEY,WHAT GIVES HERE? ::)

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 3:25 pm

HEY,WHAT GIVES HERE? ::)

it was in the NY Post  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/16/05 at 3:26 pm

it was in the NY Post  ::)

So I wound up with the honor of wearing the costume?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/16/05 at 3:28 pm

I have no choice but, to think about Xmas due to work. Karen (CF) knows exactly what I mean  ;)

Yes I do!!  ;)

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 3:30 pm

So I wound up with the honor of wearing the costume?

yeah... nice dress  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/16/05 at 3:32 pm

yeah... nice dress  ;)

Yellow feathers aren't my colors. ::)

Written By: jackas on 08/16/05 at 3:33 pm

Yellow feathers isn't my colors. ::)

Sure it is!  It compliments your skin tone. ::)

Written By: jiminy on 08/16/05 at 3:37 pm

Yellow feathers isn't my colors. ::)

you look like a big gay canary     ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/16/05 at 4:23 pm

you look like a big gay canary   ;D

Thank You,A Big Gay Canary. ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/16/05 at 7:11 pm

Of course I am thinking already.  I usually put it all on layaway in October.  That way I can pick it up just before Christmas and don't have to figure out where to hide the stuff. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/03/05 at 1:19 am

well...I have some things on layaway....and I have some other items bought already. Today I was bored....so I decided to wrap all of the gifts that I have so far....and last week I bought and filled out all of our Christmas cards!! I am WAY ahead of myself this year!

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/03/05 at 1:26 am

I'm getting ready to start eating the bank balance  :P
I have a pretty good idea what i'm gonna buy for people.

I'm pretty excited about christmas already, although i make it a point not to get excited until after Thanksgiving.

Two years ago my Mum sent me to my friend pete's house for a week because i was way too over-excited. Last year i picked up all the overtime i could at work so that i wasn't around too much  ;D

This year i'm going home on the 13th of December, she'll just have to put up with me going nuts for 2 weeks  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/05 at 1:32 am

I always think abut Christmas in Late October.  I get my Christmas songs out and get in the Christmas Spirit  8)

Written By: Bobby on 11/03/05 at 7:37 am

I don't tend to do Xmas, my family are not religious. We do have a sort of Xmas get-together, but don't bother with giving gifts etc. My daughter, who lives apart from me in Spain, may also visit the UK- if that is the case, I will be foisting all my Xmas spirit on her.

Aww! That's way cool, Goodsin. Was last Christmas the last time you saw your daughter?

I have a colleague who drives us all mad by counting down the days to Xmas- it's been a standing joke for so long, that she started counting from New Years' Day for this year's Xmas. Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't sit right next to a Jehovah's Witness!

Ha ha! What a combination!  ;D

Actually, being brought up with the Jehovah's Witnesses is the main reason I lost out on so many Christmas's and birthdays. I am not too bitter about it but like to take advantage of the festive season these days. I do want a reason to enjoy Christmas now (which I don't living on my own).

Written By: YWN on 11/03/05 at 10:00 am

I...hate Christmas...

...Mainly because it is overcommercialized and overhyped.  A few weeks ago, my mom's radio station was playing Christmas songs which made me despise it even more.  I mean, you could at least wait till December...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/03/05 at 1:48 pm

I'd hate to say it, but even though Christmas is overcommercialized and overdone by business execs, it still holds a special meaning to me. If you keep the "true" meaning of Christmas in your heart - it's always going to be a magical time of year.

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/03/05 at 1:50 pm

I'd hate to say it, but even though Christmas is overcommercialized and overdone by business execs, it still holds a special meaning to me. If you keep the "true" meaning of Christmas in your heart - it's always going to be a magical time of year.

i feel the same way,l'il sis  8) :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/03/05 at 1:53 pm

I must get started soon on shopping for the kids.  Don't wanna leave it all 'til the end.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/03/05 at 1:57 pm

i feel the same way,l'il sis  8) :)

True Sisters :0)

Written By: Apricot on 11/03/05 at 3:18 pm

Aw, crap.. it's coming.

Written By: Bobby on 11/03/05 at 3:19 pm

Aw, crap.. it's coming.

LMAO!!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/03/05 at 3:42 pm

In one more Month Christmas will be here.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/03/05 at 4:31 pm

In one more Month Christmas will be here.

Nearer two months mate.

Written By: YWN on 11/03/05 at 5:58 pm

This may sound cynical, but Christmas was originally a pagan holiday.  Then it was a Christian holiday.  Now it is a commercial holiday.

Written By: Apricot on 11/03/05 at 6:16 pm

Nearer two months mate.

Well, in about a month, the Christmas SEASON arrives.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/03/05 at 6:44 pm

This may sound cynical, but Christmas was originally a pagan holiday.  Then it was a Christian holiday.  Now it is a commercial holiday.

The birth of the sun god or something.

I think it was Constantine that decided Christmas Day would be the big dealy-o.

If anything Easter would be the big Bible Bashing holiday.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/03/05 at 6:55 pm

If anything Easter would be the big Bible Bashing holiday.
Meh, Easter is only good for 2 days off. As far as the "tradition" of expensive chocolate eggs and raisen bread with crosses embedded into it - doesn't interest me either.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/03/05 at 7:35 pm

That's true, but it's a huge potpourrii of things - yet to many it holds different meanings. Most religious things have started out pagan, but pagan beliefs weren't much different than religious beliefs. They just were around before Christianity became the forerunner.

Written By: Morton on 11/03/05 at 7:40 pm

I enjoy Christmas myself. The decorations, and the fact that most people are usually nice and cheerful around Christmas time. Nothing beats Christmas day... get up at around 10, go downstairs, open presents and see other people's faces light up when they recieve theirs... go down my nanas and see some of my family and have a great Christmas dinner... then spend a couple of hours afterwards visiting the other side of my family, then after that straight home to finish checking presents whilst making myself sick on Quality Streets... finally, a nice late 3am bedtime, then it's all over for another year. It's magic... and that one day alone makes the whole thing worth it  8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/03/05 at 7:51 pm

Meh, Easter is only good for 2 days off. As far as the "tradition" of expensive chocolate eggs and raisen bread with crosses embedded into it - doesn't interest me either.

As a kid, Easter wasn't quite as important to me - yet, having gone to a Christian school during my formative years, it was hard to escape the influence of Easter and it's "meaning." I still loved the traditions of Easter Egg hunts, Bunny visits, and loads of chocalate baskets. And yeah, 2 weeks off of school.

Written By: YWN on 11/03/05 at 8:16 pm

I like Thanksgiving...  It isn't really commercialized, (a few turkey ads here and there) and, as for leftovers, turkey sandwiches are great! 

I think I am the only person who eats turkey sandwiches with ketchup.

Written By: Apricot on 11/03/05 at 8:31 pm

I enjoy Christmas myself. The decorations, and the fact that most people are usually nice and cheerful around Christmas time. Nothing beats Christmas day.

For me, people are a lot more mean and demanding.. go figure.

Written By: Apricot on 11/03/05 at 8:31 pm

For me, people are a lot more mean and demanding.. go figure.

But Christmas day is the bomb.

Written By: TC1970 on 11/03/05 at 9:13 pm

Christmas has lost it's meaning.  :\'(  I always put off getting gifts to the last minute.  :P

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/04/05 at 12:53 am

Tomorrow is light-up night at our mall. When they light up all of the Christmas decorations and announce Santa's arrival. Seems like they're rushing the season a bit. But I don't mind, I love Christmas.

Written By: karen on 11/04/05 at 7:37 am

I haven't even thought about what present I might but for my daughter's birthday in about two weeks time let alone who wants what for Christmas.

Written By: NullandVoid on 11/04/05 at 7:48 am

Yeah I'm scheming up ways that I can skip the whole affair. As usual I'll get dragged into something jolly....blargh! >:(

Written By: YWN on 11/04/05 at 10:48 am

C'mon people...  Couldn't you wait till after Thanksgiving?

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/05 at 10:49 am

C'mon people...  Couldn't you wait till after Thanksgiving?

Nah, it's best to start Christmas early  ;)

Written By: rich1981 on 11/04/05 at 12:15 pm

Christmas just isn't the same anymore, maybe it's the whole "childhood thing" but it was better when I used to believe in Santa Claus.

Written By: karen on 11/04/05 at 12:19 pm

Christmas just isn't the same anymore, maybe it's the whole "childhood thing" but it was better when I used to believe in Santa Claus.

what do you mean 'believed in Santa Claus'?  You mean he isn't real????  :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/04/05 at 12:20 pm

Tomorrow is light-up night at our mall. When they light up all of the Christmas decorations and announce Satan's arrival. Seems like they're rushing the season a bit. But I don't mind, I love Christmas.

SATAN! Is coming to your mall.. awesome! I didn't know we were gonna be touring anywhere near or i would have told you  ;D ;)

what do you mean 'believed in Santa Claus'?  You mean he isn't real????  :o

Santa is mean. He's also the most prejudiced bigoted man in the world.

Written By: karen on 11/04/05 at 12:22 pm

Santa is mean. He's also the most prejudiced bigoted man in the world.

Aww didn't he leave you enough presents last year?

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/04/05 at 1:08 pm

Christmas is fun when you have little kids - when they are young enough to still believe that anything is possible - Christmas Eve is fun when you get to play with all the toys the kids are getting from Santa (under the ruse that they all must be checked) I've already started shopping - make the financial drain less noticable.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/04/05 at 1:09 pm

I LUV Christmas. I can't wait to pull out all the decorations and start baking. Christmas shopping is easy for me. all I have to do is buy gift cards for the adults.  ;)  I love buying toys for the kiddos, cause then I get to test them out..  :)

Written By: YWN on 11/04/05 at 2:42 pm

I never believed in Santa Clause.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/04/05 at 2:44 pm

I never believed in Santa Clause.

And thats why you ALWAYS get rocks.  :P

Written By: YWN on 11/04/05 at 2:49 pm

And thats why you ALWAYS get rocks.  :P

Haha, it really wouldn't bother me if I got nothing at all.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/04/05 at 2:51 pm

C'mon - haven't you seen "A Christmas Carol" It isn't worth being a scrooge..

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/05 at 3:04 pm

As I said when this thread began, Bah Humbug.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/04/05 at 3:10 pm

I'm looking forward to the solstice because that means that the days will start getting longer. I don't like it when it gets dark so early.

Written By: YWN on 11/04/05 at 3:30 pm

AHHHHH, this thread started in August!?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/04/05 at 3:32 pm

As I said when this thread began, Bah Humbug.

Cat

lol, And Merry Christmas to you  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/05 at 3:35 pm

lol, And Merry Christmas to you  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/04/05 at 4:12 pm

Well, in about a month, the Christmas SEASON arrives.

Then the snow arrives.  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/04/05 at 10:39 pm

How can anyone NOT love Christmas? :o ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/04/05 at 11:01 pm

How can anyone NOT love Christmas? :o ::)

1)weather
2)buying crap for unappreciative people and you arent exactly wealthy

I think those are a couple of reasons why some people dread Christmas time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/04/05 at 11:04 pm

1)weather

you don't have to have lots of money to buy gifts and make it special....if they are unappreciative...why buy them gifts anyway?

Ya, the weather can be crappy....but I usually suck it up at Christmas time and enjoy the scenery.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/05 at 8:31 am

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,Everywhere you go.  ;D

Written By: YWN on 11/05/05 at 10:43 am

My favorite barbecue place has put up Christmas lights inside.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/05 at 12:48 pm

1)weather

#2 is the biggest one for me. Christmas is so commercialized. You HAVE to get such-and-such a gift or else they will feel slighted. I do like putting up tree and such but gifts are so over-rated. Carlos and I have stopped exchanging gifts many years ago. If we do buy a gift, it is usually a joint one. In the past it has been a satellite dish,  DVD player/recorder, etc. (But, I will get him something if I happen to see something that I KNOW he would love  ;) ).  I stopped giving my nieces and nephews gifts years ago. As for Carlos' kids, we will probably just give paper this year. On the other side of it, is when people get me stuff that I don't like/need because they feel that they HAVE to get me something.  ::)  I would rather have a nice card or maybe a phone call. Or, maybe some "coupons"-"Good for doing one load of dishes" or something like that. A few years ago, I had a birthday party and I stated on the invation "No Gifts". We also included that on our wedding invations also. People were so surprised that we didn't want wedding gifts (even though some people STILL gave us gifts.)

Cat

Written By: Morton on 11/05/05 at 4:36 pm

The mall in our city centre has got all the Christmas lights up, but I don't think they get lit up for another couple of weeks... most of the big shops (Debenhams, Argos etc) have got their windows decorated with trees and lights and stuff. It looks really nice  :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/05/05 at 4:59 pm

The decorations are popping up now around town. Can't complain though as they look quite nice.  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 11/05/05 at 5:08 pm

Our mall is nice at Christmas.. they put up these electric-husky things that move their heads.. they look very happy, and I love seeing them each year.. they've been there since I was a boy. I'm kinda attached to them.. they didn't have them one year, and I was upset.

They also have reindeer and stuff... but no Santa. The last two years, there's been no Santa.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/08/05 at 10:35 am

Haha, it really wouldn't bother me if I got nothing at all.

You need to watch Polar Express ;)

Written By: Morton on 11/08/05 at 11:24 am

An old man was in the local paper yesterday, house fully lit up with every kind of decoration you can imagine, and said that he was always the first in his area to have decorations up! The stupid thing is that people are putting crimbo decorations up... and there are still people setting fireworks off! What's going on?!?!?!

Written By: Howard on 11/08/05 at 4:10 pm

The Christmas Songs are happening now.  ::)  :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/08/05 at 6:07 pm

I try not to start thinking about Christmas until after my course finishes (this friday  :D) - at least then it seems reasonable to start sorting out pressies etc, without it being too late to miss the Xmas rush.

Written By: Apricot on 11/08/05 at 6:13 pm

The Christmas Songs are happening now.  ::)  :P

Here, they'll wait until after Thanksgiving.. it'll be as SOON as it's over, but it'll happen. XD

Written By: YWN on 11/08/05 at 7:35 pm

Here, they'll wait until after Thanksgiving.. it'll be as SOON as it's over, but it'll happen. XD

The drugstore I went to today has a Santa dude up that moves its occasionally moves its head around and dances.  It's kind of creepy.  They also have...er...what's it called...the stuff wreaths are made of, spread around behind the desk at the cash register.

My favorite barbecue place has put up Christmas lights.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/08/05 at 11:18 pm

Tonight I saw a few Christmas commercials on TV.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/08/05 at 11:31 pm

I am starting to more.  This weekend I am getting the layaway going for Christmas gifts. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/05 at 8:55 am

I have a few more gifts that I accumulated that I need to wrap.

Written By: Morton on 11/09/05 at 9:03 am

Cack, that reminds me... I need to go C R I M B O  S H O P P I N G soon  :(

Written By: Howard on 11/09/05 at 5:57 pm

Yeah I can't wait. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 11/09/05 at 5:58 pm

My girlfriend's family is going away this weekend to do some HARDCORE Christmas shopping.. based on how she described it, it's like a huge riot at the King-of-Prussia mall.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/05 at 11:23 am

Oh..I hate going out on "black Friday" after Thanksgiving....when I used to work retail it was NUTS...I couldn't even find a parking place during all of that!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/10/05 at 10:54 pm

Got haircuts today.  Saturday we are getting our Christmas pictures taken. 

Written By: rich1981 on 11/10/05 at 11:27 pm

Once Thanksgiving ends, I think about Christmas.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/05 at 3:32 pm

I'm going to see my friend for The Christmas holiday.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/05 at 3:39 pm

The other night I was driving through a residential area (I think it was in Lafayette) and they already had their home adorned with Christmas lights. It was nice to see them, yet again, I am a bit afraid to start this early in the game. I may just start right around the week of Thanksgiving or the day after.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/13/05 at 7:35 pm

'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' is on television Right. Freaking. NOW.  :o

Written By: Apricot on 11/13/05 at 7:37 pm

Oh My God. Whoa.

But anyway.. I'm asking for several shirts and CDs for Christmas.. then, just money for my guitar.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/05 at 7:38 pm

ya and "The Wizard of Oz" is on right after it.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/13/05 at 7:39 pm

ya and "The Wizard of Oz" is on right after it.

Yeah, and Home Alone was on right before it. And I'm currently caught up in a slew of Christmas Music.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 11/13/05 at 7:52 pm

The only reason I don't like thinking about Christmas coming early is that by the time Christmas actually comes, I'm all Christmas-ed out.  But, while the novelty's still there, I enjoy it.  Christmas music is always awesome, and although I haven't been to church in months, I will definitely attend, and most likely enjoy, the Christmas Eve service.  I love the way our preacher does it...he has "One Small Child" constantly playing in the background, while he tells the story of Christmas.  Also, the whole church is dark, except for the candle the preacher holds, and the light the organist uses to play by.  It's really cool...and kind of creepy.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/13/05 at 7:56 pm

The only reason I don't like thinking about Christmas coming early is that by the time Christmas actually comes, I'm all Christmas-ed out.  But, while the novelty's still there, I enjoy it.  Christmas music is always awesome, and although I haven't been to church in months, I will definitely attend, and most likely enjoy, the Christmas Eve service.  I love the way our preacher does it...he has "One Small Child" constantly playing in the background, while he tells the story of Christmas.  Also, the whole church is dark, except for the candle the preacher holds, and the light the organist uses to play by.  It's really cool...and kind of creepy.

We have a candlelight sevice on Christmas Eve, too. I always looked forward to that. It's really pretty.

Written By: Apricot on 11/13/05 at 8:12 pm

I do enjoy the novelty of Christmas.. luckily, my family avoids Christmas until late-November.. so it's still fresh at Christmas.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/13/05 at 10:07 pm

AAARRRRGHH!!!  I'm usually done shopping by now.  I start early so I can order from catalogs and Ebay with plenty of time for my orders to arrive.  I have not bought one single gift yet.
:(

Written By: Howard on 11/14/05 at 6:12 pm

I hate those fake Santas that ask for money sometimes.

Written By: YWN on 11/14/05 at 6:14 pm

I hate those fake Santas that ask for money sometimes.

You prefer the real Santas?

Written By: Howard on 11/14/05 at 6:22 pm

You prefer the real Santas?

No Not Really

Written By: Morton on 11/14/05 at 6:32 pm

The radio at work today already started playing a few christmas songs, Wham's Last Christmas was one of them. Far too early, imo

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/05 at 7:04 pm

I never really liked Christmas carols. At all.

I don't mind songs about christmas, just the carols.... er, yeah, I'm done.

Written By: alyceclover on 11/22/05 at 2:07 pm

OC christmas

Written By: alyceclover on 11/22/05 at 2:14 pm

OC santa dophineer? Had to crop these old "Santa & Sleigh" hedges quite a bit to upload.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/05 at 5:51 pm

http://www.wtv-zone.com/IrishRose/Holiday2/MerryChristmas_scroll.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/05 at 9:54 pm

well, I went out today and bought a ton of Christmas decorations, which we are putting up tomorrow.  I spent alot more than I anticipated...but it was well worth it! ;)

Written By: Apricot on 11/28/05 at 9:55 pm

My family is due to put up our tree soon, which means we'll be getting out all our Christmas decorations.. we have a very autumn-y theme to our house. Come December, we put away almost everything and our house is plastered in snowmen and Santas until a few days after New Year's.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/05 at 9:57 pm

My family is due to put up our tree soon, which means we'll be getting out all our Christmas decorations.. we have a very autumn-y theme to our house. Come December, we put away almost everything and our house is plastered in snowmen and Santas until a few days after New Year's.

ya, we are going to be getting our tree soon as well.  We put up a real tree and then I always put up this little artificial fiber optic tree as well.

Written By: karen on 11/29/05 at 7:58 am

My husbands birthday is early December so we don't put up the decorations or send out cards until after that.  We've bought a couple of presents for the children but that's as far as we've got.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 9:30 am

We've completed our shopping for almost all of the kids.. looking for a shirt to order my cousin.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 10:54 am

Most of my shopping is done except for stocking stuffers, decorations are going to have to wait until next week, though, as this week is FULL.

I'm never there when we buy the stocking stuff.. come to think of it, I'm never there when we do ANY of the shopping... Most of my shopping is done after everyone else, when I can actually get to the mall somehow.

Written By: gemini on 11/29/05 at 10:55 am

We got the tree up Sunday night and some of the decorations. Now, I need to find that d@mn ipod that all the stores are out of.

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 10:57 am

We got the tree up Sunday night and some of the decorations. Now, I need to find that d@mn ipod that all the stores are out of.

I still recommend Dell, but...

Have you tried Internet Ordering? If you buy new, it's probably pretty secure.

CDs are safe used, but I wouldn't trust an MP3 Player used.

Written By: gemini on 11/29/05 at 11:06 am

I still recommend Dell, but...

Have you tried Internet Ordering? If you buy new, it's probably pretty secure.

CDs are safe used, but I wouldn't trust an MP3 Player used.

Yea, the Apple store has the one I'm looking for, I was just hoping I could find one around here a little cheaper maybe. But, that's probably not going to happen.  :(

Written By: gemini on 11/29/05 at 11:12 am

Have you tried ebay?

Written By: Howard on 11/29/05 at 6:07 pm

Christmas is about 1 month away.

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/30/05 at 11:09 am

We have snow snow snow so now it really feels like Christmas is around the corner!

Written By: Howard on 11/30/05 at 5:32 pm

We have snow snow snow so now it really feels like Christmas is around the corner!

We don't have any yet.

Written By: rich1981 on 11/30/05 at 6:15 pm

It never snows where I live.

Written By: nally on 11/30/05 at 6:19 pm

It never snows where I live.

Same here.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/30/05 at 6:21 pm

It's December now, so it's a bit hard not to be thinking about Christmas.

And I still haven't gone shopping yet!  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/30/05 at 8:58 pm

I am right into the Christmas spirit.  I got my xmas tunes ready, the snow has been here, and tomorrow is December 1 :)

Written By: Morton on 12/02/05 at 11:09 am

^ Pretty much the same here

I'm listening to my Christmas cd

Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas

great song  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/05 at 12:36 pm

We have told the kids (and my SIL) that we don't want any gifts. We will accept something personal-i.e. photos or homemade crafts. We don't want them going out to buy us something just to buy us something. We are just getting tired of this whole gift giving mess. But we will give the kids something-probably paper.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/02/05 at 3:19 pm

I don't want to think about Christmas until it happens.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/02/05 at 8:19 pm

I don't want to think about Christmas until it happens.

Howard, do you think more about Christmas, or Chanukkah?  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/03/05 at 5:17 pm

[quote author=Åy

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/23/06 at 12:32 am

Not really.

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/23/06 at 12:34 am

Not really.

but thanks for the laugh,regardless  ;D ;)

Written By: nally on 06/23/06 at 12:34 am

Certainly not! It's still half a year away. :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/23/06 at 1:00 am

I'm almost 100% sure that my friend's Christmas tree is still up and decorated.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 1:03 am

Nope.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/23/06 at 1:13 am

Nope.

LIES!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 1:15 am

LIES!!!!
It is too early for the thoughts of Christmas.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 1:24 am

I am thinking about Christmas now :D

"You're a bum, you're a punk, you're an old slut on junk.  Happy Christmas you arse, I pray god it's our last"

Written By: Bobby on 06/23/06 at 7:25 am

Nope.

Same here. Talk about wishing your life away.  ;D

Written By: Morton on 06/23/06 at 7:41 am

Me neither, but last night at work one of the girls was telling me that a man came into the shop wearing a Christmas hat earlier this week  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 7:46 am

Actually....I have been. We were at the store and Vaughn was pointing things out to me that he wanted...and I said, "we will write them on your Christmas list". I have decided to start shopping early this year (maybe in August)....so that I can have everything prepared for Christmastime.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/23/06 at 8:36 am

Holy smokes, no.  I'm having a hard enough time trying not to feel rushed through my summer (four weekends out of town in a row, kids' with various activities, etc).  But good for you if you shop early.  I always say I'm going to but end up in the stores the week before.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/23/06 at 8:38 am

I have decided to start shopping early this year (maybe in August)....so that I can have everything prepared for Christmastime.
I say that.

Then September comes... then October... then November... then BAM! it's less than a month til Christmas and I still haven't done anything.  ::) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 8:39 am

I say that.

Then September comes... then October... then November... then BAM! it's less than a month til Christmas and I still haven't done anything.  ::) ;D

I hear ya! ;) I have a way of procrastinating until the last minute too.

Written By: karen on 06/23/06 at 8:40 am

Not that we have discussed anything yet but we will probably be doing the same this year

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/23/06 at 10:36 am

I've already bought 1 gift :o    Now, if I can keep hubby from buying it before Christmas, I'm good :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/06 at 10:43 am

I have this stupid hope for this year's Christmas.. I got a good feeling.

Now, to start figuring out gift ideas.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/23/06 at 10:54 am

I have this stupid hope for this year's Christmas.. I got a good feeling.

Now, to start figuring out gift ideas.

Ah, I have stupid hope for every Christmas. I get, like, this idealistic view of how everything's going to be....it's always envisioned just like a Norman Rockwell painting. Of course, my expectations are never met.

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/06 at 10:59 am

Ah, I have stupid hope for every Christmas. I get, like, this idealistic view of how everything's going to be....it's always envisioned just like a Norman Rockwell painting. Of course, my expectations are never met.

I always tend to picture it like a William Burroughs book. ;D

But I have at least hope for a decent Christmas.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 10:59 am

We celebrate Christmas in the morning.. open presents, then the rest of the day is just a normal day.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/23/06 at 11:37 am

^ same here... opening at night never felt right. It felt like cheating.

I have been thinking a bit ahead for Christmas since we're heading into July. It will be here a lot quicker than we know it.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/06 at 11:50 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

http://www.combat-fishing.com/animationspace/christmastreec.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 11:51 am

I have been thinking a bit ahead for Christmas since we're heading into July. It will be here a lot quicker than we know it.
Now that the days are now getting shorter.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 11:51 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

http://www.combat-fishing.com/animationspace/christmastreec.gif

I am not ready for it yet.

Written By: Apricot on 06/23/06 at 12:41 pm

My family opens one the night before Christmas.. then the rest Christmas morning. We spend the rest of the day together.

Written By: chaka on 06/23/06 at 12:42 pm

I am not ready for it yet.

Oh god,neither am I!
enjoy the summer while you can.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 12:42 pm

My family opens one the night before Christmas.. then the rest Christmas morning. We spend the rest of the day together.

We sometimes open one the night before... It seems to happen randomly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/06 at 12:47 pm

We sometimes open one the night before... It seems to happen randomly.
There is nothing random about my Christmas.

Written By: chaka on 06/23/06 at 12:50 pm

I used to get so excited about opening the presents..now they still hang around like 2 days after christmas.
I have this weird thing about presents: I don't care about the presents I get from people who just pic the first thing they see but when someone gives me a prezzie and I see he's really put his heart into it..that really chokes me up,I sort of feel guilty I don't know why.Makes me cry sometimes that that person really made the effort. That's what giving is about.I would rather receive no presents at all than those ones you get from people who just give for the sake of giving.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 12:54 pm

I used to get so excited about opening the presents..now they still hang around like 2 days after christmas.
I have this weird thing about presents: I don't care about the presents I get from people who just pic the first thing they see but when someone gives me a prezzie and I see he's really put his heart into it..that really chokes me up,I sort of feel guilty I don't know why.Makes me cry sometimes that that person really made the effort. That's what giving is about.I would rather receive no presents at all than those ones you get from people who just give for the sake of giving.

D= Presents aren't supposed to make you sad! Surely anybody who knows you could give you something you'd appreciate. That's why I don't enjoy presents from my mom's friends who haven't talked to me since I was in second grade or so...

Written By: chaka on 06/23/06 at 12:56 pm

D= Presents aren't supposed to make you sad! Surely anybody who knows you could give you something you'd appreciate. That's why I don't enjoy presents from my mom's friends who haven't talked to me since I was in second grade or so...

You're right but problem is they really do make me sad,call me sentimental I don't really care.
That's why I don't really like presents..

Written By: Howard on 06/23/06 at 3:02 pm

6 Months away

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/23/06 at 8:45 pm

6 Months away
June 25 (tomorrow) marks 6 months exactly.  :o

Written By: jackas on 06/23/06 at 8:55 pm

Actually....I have been. We were at the store and Vaughn was pointing things out to me that he wanted...and I said, "we will write them on your Christmas list". I have decided to start shopping early this year (maybe in August)....so that I can have everything prepared for Christmastime.

I say this every year. ::)  Never happens. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/06 at 8:56 pm

I say this every year. ::)  Never happens. ;D

I know...it's probably wishful thinking on my part as well! :) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/06 at 10:45 pm

well...here it is, nearly October...and yes, I have been thinking about Christmas...actually getting ready to do some early shopping to get it out of the way. Anyone else do that yet?

Written By: Davester on 09/24/06 at 10:52 pm

well...here it is, nearly October...and yes, I have been thinking about Christmas...actually getting ready to do some early shopping to get it out of the way. Anyone else do that yet?

Yep, we've started...

A nice Willow Tree Nativity Set (Hey, during the Holidays, baby Jesus is good to go...).  We liked the blank faces on the characters...

A few new mini lights sets and a vintage 3-LP set of holiday music.  No presents, yet...

Gh-e-e-e...The only time of year when I feel like a kid again..! groove ;) on

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/06 at 10:59 pm

Yep, we've started...

A nice Willow Tree Nativity Set (Hey, during the Holidays, baby Jesus is good to go...).  We liked the blank faces on the characters...

A few new mini lights sets and a vintage 3-LP set of holiday music.  No presents, yet...

Gh-e-e-e...The only time of year when I feel like a kid again..! groove ;) on

I love Christmas decorations. Sometimes I like to go to antique shops and find some real old and unique pieces.

Written By: Davester on 09/24/06 at 11:07 pm

I love Christmas decorations. Sometimes I like to go to antique shops and find some real old and unique pieces.

Yeah, same here...

I like the rustic, olde tyme Christmas feel.  I'm looking out over the place and trying to decide what should go where...

I'm seriously looking into one, or two, of those Erzgebirge nutcrackers (the red Husar one) for sale on eBay.  I love those...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/06 at 11:08 pm

Yeah, same here...

I like the rustic, olde tyme Christmas feel.  I'm looking out over the place and trying to decide what should go where...

I'm seriously looking into one, or two, of those Erzgebirge nutcrackers (the red Husar one) for sale on eBay.  I love those...

oh that sounds like a good idea! You can definitely find lots of neat stuff on Ebay!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/24/06 at 11:14 pm

My shopping was over in January.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/06 at 11:17 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/24/06 at 11:20 pm

I don't "do" shopping.....I'm not one of those people who loves walking around a mall looking at stuff.  I go in, I buy, I leave.  Malls weird me out.....too many strange-looking people in one place and I might inadvertantly bump into one of them.  I for the most part know what people want because they start bitching about it by New Years, so by the end of the month, I have it just about done. 

The last time my parents bought my sister and I Christmas presents was 10 years ago.  Either we get money and they drop us off at the Mall on the 26th to go buy what we want, or we ask for one big thing and one really little thing and that's it.  Christmas in our house is all of 45 minutes. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/06 at 11:22 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/24/06 at 11:35 pm

No  ;D  not even a forethought

Written By: whistledog on 09/24/06 at 11:57 pm

I was thinking about Christmas last night.  I was riffling through my CDs and came across the Band Aid 20 single, so I listened to it for a a while last night :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006I0S6C.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/25/06 at 12:31 am

3 whole months!  :o This years gone WWWAAAYYYY too fast... still haven't put away the decorations from last year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/06 at 1:28 am

With around 90 days to go, I have not started at all.

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 6:37 am

Yeah, same here...

They seriously give me the creeps.

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 6:39 am

Got a couple of pressies already but I have my nephew and my Dad's birthdays first and not a clue what to get either of them.  :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 09/25/06 at 6:51 am

Wow, only 3 months. I better make sure that I have both red AND green peppers for my Christmas burrito. Then maybe I'll go to the movies.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 6:53 am

Wow, only 3 months. I better make sure that I have both red AND green peppers for my Christmas burrito. Then maybe I'll go to the movies.  ;D
Bah Humbug Mr Thrashmister. Whilst Tiny Gis says gawd bless us one and all!

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 6:56 am

It occurs to me that if you have never read or watched The Christmas Carol you won't have a clue what I'm on about......

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/06 at 6:58 am

It occurs to me that if you have never read or watched The Christmas Carol you won't have a clue what I'm on about......
I am well versed in A Christmas Carol.

"Marley is dead"

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 6:59 am

I am well versed in A Christmas Carol.

"Marley is dead"
You must understand this or anything else I tell you etc etc.
*But* is Davey??

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/06 at 7:01 am

Each year I always plan to write the cards out early, but I still see myself writing them in December.

Written By: Davester on 09/25/06 at 7:12 am

They seriously give me the creeps.

Think of it, they actually are kinda creepy...why did you have to go and say that.?

Okay, this year I'm putting a towel over it's head and wearing an athletic cup to bed... :P

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 7:53 am

Think of it, they actually are kinda creepy...why did you have to go and say that.?

Okay, this year I'm putting a towel over it's head and wearing an athletic cup to bed... :P
Applause to you for that mental image.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 09/25/06 at 8:02 am

Bah Humbug Mr Thrashmister. Whilst Tiny Gis says gawd bless us one and all!

Bless one and all! ONE AND ALL DO I HEAR!

Bloody do-gooder! I laugh at them what are starvin'.

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 8:03 am

Bless one and all! ONE AND ALL DO I HEAR!

Bloody do-gooder! I laugh at them what are starvin'.
Watch it or I'll whack you with me crutch!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/25/06 at 8:03 am

I was thinking about Christmas last night.  I was riffling through my CDs and came across the Band Aid 20 single, so I listened to it for a a while last night :)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006I0S6C.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ooohh...that makes me wanna break out my Christmas music too...perhaps tonight when I am relaxing online. :)

Written By: La Roche on 09/25/06 at 8:04 am

Watch it or I'll whack you with me crutch!

No you wouldn't. You'll have to use it as firewood.

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 8:07 am

I was thinking I'd have to hit you pretty hard because it's not like I could run away afterwards.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 09/25/06 at 8:13 am

I was thinking I'd have to hit you pretty hard because it's not like I could run away afterwards.  ;D

I'd probably be needing a crutch myself after such a lethal blow.

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 8:21 am

But......you wouldn't steal a cripple's only means of support would you??

What am I thinking of course you would.

Written By: La Roche on 09/25/06 at 8:24 am

But......you wouldn't steal a cripple's only means of support would you??

What am I thinking of course you would.

I'd then push said cripple in to a puddle.

Written By: Gis on 09/25/06 at 8:34 am

Bah, just you wait until the ghosts of christmas past, present and future get you, then you'll be sorry!

Written By: Davester on 09/25/06 at 8:38 am

You can expect a visit from three spirits...

And, no, not Jack, Jim and Johnny... :P

Written By: Howard on 09/25/06 at 3:57 pm

Only 3 months away and haven't given it much thought.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/25/06 at 4:02 pm

Its way too early to bump this thread. :D

Written By: Davester on 09/25/06 at 4:13 pm

Luke got it right, IMO...

The year (and the past, oh, maybe ten years) have gone by so fast it's hard to remember what, exactly, went on...

On that note, Christmas will be here next week and will have been over for three months before I even realize it...

Or something like that...

Written By: CeeKay on 09/25/06 at 4:18 pm

The year (and the past, oh, maybe ten years) have gone by so fast it's hard to remember what, exactly, went on...

On that note, Christmas will be here next week and will have been over for three months before I even realize it...

Whenever I'm going through a tough time, I think to myself, "Next thing I know, it will be Christmas!"  This helps me realize that time goes by faster than I realize. :P

On that note....the piano teachers are starting to come into the store and try out the Christmas music already.  I'm definitely NOT ready to start thinking about Christmas.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/25/06 at 4:20 pm

Eh?

Written By: Davester on 09/25/06 at 4:25 pm

Eh?

Don't mind me, I'm just babbling...

Written By: Howard on 09/25/06 at 4:40 pm

Wait until December

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/25/06 at 5:03 pm

I'm thinking about it, but not in a real obsessed way.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/25/06 at 7:31 pm

Wait until December

no....then that would be too late! :D

Written By: Jessica on 09/25/06 at 9:45 pm

I'm thinking about it because I have to book our plane tickets tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/06 at 12:28 pm

Too late!

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/26/06 at 1:18 pm

Lets wait until after Halloween. :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/06 at 1:19 pm

Lets wait until after Halloween. :D

Lets wait till Advent!

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/26/06 at 1:22 pm

Lets wait till Advent!

Advent?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/06 at 1:24 pm

Advent?
That is when Christmas starts.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/26/06 at 3:52 pm

Advent?

You haven't heard of Advent?  Even my non-religious ass remembers what that is.  It usually begins on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and goes up 'til December 23.  However, if Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday, most Catholics attend Mass and treat it as the 4th Sunday in Advent.  That's what's going to happen this year, since Christmas falls on a Monday. 

When I was in school, each Sunday they'd light a purple candle on an Advent wreath to mark the passing of each week of Advent and on Christmas Mass, they'd light a white one. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/26/06 at 4:03 pm

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 09/26/06 at 4:37 pm

I was listening to more Christmas songs earlier today

http://www.volny.cz/dmf.marty/bros/band_aid_2_1.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/26/06 at 4:39 pm

no....then that would be too late! :D

Then why think about it now,huh?  ???

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/26/06 at 4:41 pm

Then why think about it now,huh?  ???

BECAUSE THEY FEEL LIKE IT!

/end caps-lock

Written By: Howard on 09/26/06 at 4:46 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/26/06 at 5:51 pm

That must be why they call those chocolate calendars, Advent Calendars.

Yeah, each day of Advent is another piece of candy.  We used to get those from our school every year. 

NEXT PAGE: Anyone else besides me thinking about Christmas already?

Check for new replies or respond here...