» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: Anyone else besides me thinking about Christmas already?

Written By: Howard on 09/26/06 at 5:56 pm

Not at the moment but I'm thinking about Halloween

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/26/06 at 7:32 pm

Not at the moment but I'm thinking about Halloween

I'm thinking about Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND my birthday (the big 30, on January 26th). :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/26/06 at 8:15 pm

I'm not into Halloween, and we don't have a Thanksgiving, so Christmas IS the next big thing to happen down here. Usually around November is when things start to get a bit "Christmassy" with decorations popping up and the like. And the weather finally starts to warm up too. But I agree than September is just a bit too early to think about an event that is 3 months away.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/26/06 at 8:19 pm

I'm not into Halloween, and we don't have a Thanksgiving, so Christmas IS the next big thing to happen down here. Usually around November is when things start to get a bit "Christmassy" with decorations popping up and the like. And the weather finally starts to warm up too. But I agree than September is just a bit too early to think about an event that is 3 months away.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Guy Fawkes Night (an excellent way to kick off the Bush-fire Season  ::)) and our local Anniversary Day seem to be quite big here.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/27/06 at 4:57 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about Guy Fawkes Night (an excellent way to kick off the Bush-fire Season  ::)) and our local Anniversary Day seem to be quite big here.

Guy Fawkes is on Nov. 5th I think. That's the same night Vivien Leigh was born (as I remember reading in about in a biography written about her).

Written By: Howard on 09/27/06 at 4:58 pm

I'm thinking about Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND my birthday (the big 30, on January 26th). :o

So many holidays to even think about

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/27/06 at 5:06 pm

So many holidays to even think about

yes...and get this...we have Christmas in December...then Chris and my anniversary is January 16th....then my birthday is right after that on the 26th! :o

Written By: Howard on 09/27/06 at 6:04 pm

yes...and get this...we have Christmas in December...then Chris and my anniversary is January 16th....then my birthday is right after that on the 26th! :o

How crazy is that? ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/27/06 at 6:18 pm

^^^

Not very.  My best friend Marie's birthday is November 19th, my sister's birthday is December 3, Christmas is the 25th, my friend Mireille's birthday is January 18th, my parents' wedding anniversary is the 22nd and my best friend Cara's birthday is the 23rd.

Written By: velvetoneo on 09/27/06 at 6:34 pm

I don't think much about Chanukah until like, a week before it starts, and even then, it's very casual. I don't look forward very much to Christmas...it's an opportunity, though, for my family and I to go out on Christmas Eve and be totally alone in the world, which is fun. Everything's deserted.

Hmm...what IS the meaning of Christmas? I know Jesus was born...but what's this true meaning of Christmas that everyone always talks about?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/27/06 at 6:55 pm

Hmm...what IS the meaning of Christmas? I know Jesus was born...but what's this true meaning of Christmas that everyone always talks about?
Just a day to relax, spend time with friends/family and just forget about the world for a day or so. Jesus isn't even mentioned at Christmas in this house.

Written By: rich1981 on 09/27/06 at 9:24 pm

I've started thinking about it a few days ago, thinking about how to control my typical habits of overeating and overspending during the holiday season.

Written By: karen on 09/28/06 at 11:02 am

I guess when people talk about the true meaning of Christmas they are harking back to a time when only very small gifts were exchanged and it was a holiday that people enjoyed rather than the ove-hyped, over-stressed thing we have now.

Written By: spaceace on 10/01/06 at 3:53 pm

I just watched my DVD of Classic Christmas Specials, and A Muppets Christmas Carol.  I haven't decided what I want for Christmas yet. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_santa.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/01/06 at 7:01 pm

I just watched my DVD of Classic Christmas Specials, and A Muppets Christmas Carol.  I haven't decided what I want for Christmas yet. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_santa.gif

I LOVE A Muppets Christmas Carol...one of my favorites!

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/06 at 7:09 pm

I was just listening to "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews (of Catatonia), but only because it appears on the Greatest Hits CD by Catatonia.  I really feel like getting all my Christmas Songs together and belting out some holiday tunes, but it's just not the same unless it's really cold outside and there is snow on the ground.  I love that feeling of knowing that Christmas is around the corner :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/01/06 at 7:10 pm

I was just listening to "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews (of Catatonia), but only because it appears on the Greatest Hits CD by Catatonia.  I really feel like getting all my Christmas Songs together and belting out some holiday tunes, but it's just not the same unless it's really cold outside and there is snow on the ground.  I love that feeling of knowing that Christmas is around the corner :)

MEEEE too!! :)

Written By: annonymouse on 10/01/06 at 8:06 pm

me! i'm thinking about gettin the ps3. woooooooooooooohoooooooooooo

Written By: Howard on 10/02/06 at 4:08 pm

Christmas is 2 months away

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/02/06 at 4:19 pm

I know what I want for Christmas!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/02/06 at 4:21 pm

^ what's that?

I am actually a little anxious to get some Christmas cards to prepare to fill out. I swear, if not now, it may just slip my mind  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/02/06 at 4:25 pm

^ what's that?

A decent digital camera... and world peace.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/06 at 1:34 am

With the cold, wet weather and the longer dark nights, Christmas does enter my mind.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 2:14 pm

With the cold, wet weather and the longer dark nights, Christmas does enter my mind.

Me either

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/06 at 2:22 pm

It looks like one of my neighbours has her Christmas Lights out already.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/03/06 at 2:48 pm

You could find a decent camera for under $100.
World Peace may never be attainable, but if it happens in little spurts - then we'll always have hope  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/06 at 2:49 pm

The stores already have items out, people are already decorating their homes, I would say by the beginning of November I shall be all Christmassed out and I shall be wishing it was all over with.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 2:50 pm

The Christmas music

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/06 at 2:53 pm

The stores already have items out, people are already decorating their homes, I would say be the beginning of November I shall be all Christmassed out and I shall be wishing it was all over with.
The shopping channel QVC are having Christmas selling days.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/03/06 at 2:53 pm

The stores already have items out, people are already decorating their homes, I would say be the beginning of November I shall be all Christmassed out and I shall be wishing it was all over with.

I have noticed this, too. Many stores are just combining the Autumn/Halloween stuff with the Christmas now. They're just slowly inching their way in.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 2:53 pm

I have noticed this, too. Many stores are just combining the Autumn/Halloween stuff with the Christmas now. They're just slowly inching their way in.

Me Too

Written By: nally on 10/03/06 at 2:54 pm

Makes no sense to me. ::) Those two motifs are mutually exclusive, so they should wait until after Halloween to put xmas decor up. When they're mixed together, it spoils the effect. :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/06 at 2:56 pm

Makes no sense to me. ::) Those two motifs are mutually exclusive, so they should wait until after Halloween to put xmas decor up. When they're mixed together, it spoils the effect. :-[
Is there Thanksgiving in November to come?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/03/06 at 2:56 pm

Yes, it's really all about making more money. That's really the bottom line!

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 2:57 pm

Is there Thanksgiving in November to come?

Yes A month from now

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/03/06 at 2:59 pm

Yes A month from now

Well, nearly two months, as it's November 23rd this year. Philip, as a reminder, Thanksgiving is reserved as the second to last Thursday of every November. This went into effect in the '30s during FDR's term, I beleive.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/06 at 3:01 pm

Well, nearly two months, as it's November 23rd this year. Philip, as a reminder, Thanksgiving is reserved as the second to last Thursday of every November. This went into effect in the '30s during FDR's term, I beleive.

Abraham Lincoln actually.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 3:01 pm

time flies so quickly :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/06 at 3:07 pm

...and does Thanksgiving Day celebrate the landing of The Pilgrim Fathers on the then now USA soil?

Written By: nally on 10/03/06 at 3:08 pm

That's not exactly true. Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. the 4th Thursday of November. So it can be anywhere from the 22nd to the 28th.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/03/06 at 3:38 pm

...and does Thanksgiving Day celebrate the landing of The Pilgrim Fathers on the then now USA soil?

It celebrates the first harvest, for the ones that made it to the first harvest.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/03/06 at 3:48 pm

That's not exactly true. Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. the 4th Thursday of November. So it can be anywhere from the 22nd to the 28th.

That is true. Thanks, Jeff.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/03/06 at 4:00 pm

It celebrates the first harvest, for the ones that made it to the first harvest.
Possibly the first Pilgrim fathers?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/06 at 4:01 pm

We are going to have Thanksgiving early this year (probably around the first week in Nov.) because Carlos' oldest daughter (and grandbaby) will be here from California and it will be nice to have all the kids together (since he son won't be around on Thanksgiving Day either). So will be probably spend Thanksgiving Day by ourselves as well with Christmas because it seems that the kids (at the 3 here in Vermont) will all be going to Puerto Rico and this year, we have already decided not to go. And we don't have to get them anything either because the trip  (or at least part of it) IS their present.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 10/03/06 at 4:32 pm

Been thinking about it, but haven't done anything about it yet. I'll probably wait until the last minute like I usually do.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/06 at 4:44 pm

Been thinking about it, but haven't done anything about it yet. I'll probably wait until the last minute like I usually do.  :-\\

I'm still not ready for LAST year.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: gemini on 10/03/06 at 4:46 pm

I'm still not ready for LAST year.  ;D ;D

Cat

Yea, tell me about it! This year since the oldest and her fiance' bought a house, it'll be easy to buy for them, and the youngest wants a laptop for college, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/06 at 4:51 pm

Yea, tell me about it! This year since the oldest and her fiance' bought a house, it'll be easy to buy for them, and the youngest wants a laptop for college, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

This year will be easy. See above post.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 10/03/06 at 4:57 pm

This year will be easy. See above post.

Cat

Yep, sounds like you have it all done already then!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/06 at 4:58 pm

Yep, sounds like you have it all done already then!

Well, there is the card "thing".  :-\\

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 10/03/06 at 6:39 pm

I was looking at Christmas cards while I was at the mall.  I was also thinking that I have to get a few things before they're gone.  So, this is why people do their shopping early! :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/03/06 at 7:09 pm

I can't see you getting a decent digital camera anytime soon, but World Peace sounds like something that could happen.

Written By: nally on 10/03/06 at 9:57 pm

I can't see you getting a decent digital camera anytime soon, but World Peace sounds like something that could happen.

I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon either.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/08/06 at 3:07 am

I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon either.

;D

Um, nally....

Anyway, I was too shy to say it before, I know what I want for Christmas; Beth. http://www.ohmb.net/images/smilies/nodsmile.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/08/06 at 3:09 am

Anyway, I was too shy to say it before, I know what I want for Christmas; Beth. http://www.ohmb.net/images/smilies/nodsmile.gif

Well. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/08/06 at 3:11 am

[quote author=

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/06 at 3:12 am

Christmas is getting now nearer everyday.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/08/06 at 3:15 am

Hope I didn't embarass you or anything..

No, no.....it's just that I'm not used to this kind of attention. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/08/06 at 3:17 am

Usually I don't think about Christmas until like December 22nd. Then I'll go to the mall and scramble like hell to get my Christmas shopping done. I'm terrible that way.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/06 at 3:18 am

Usually I don't think about Christmas until like December 22nd. Then I'll go to the mall and scramble like hell to get my Christmas shopping done. I'm terrible that way.  ::)
...but when do you send the cards out?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/08/06 at 3:18 am

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/08/06 at 3:19 am

ever since you hit 10,000 posts, your stock went up  ;D

Is that all it took?

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/08/06 at 3:22 am

[quote author=

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/08/06 at 3:22 am

[quote author=

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/08/06 at 3:29 am

...but when do you send the cards out?
December 27th.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/06 at 3:30 am

December 27th.  ::)
In time for the next year's Christmas?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/08/06 at 3:31 am

In time for the next year's Christmas?
If I'm lucky.

Written By: nally on 10/08/06 at 5:05 pm

;D

Um, nally....

Say what? ??? ::)

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/06 at 5:08 pm

I am thinking about Thanksgiving which is tomorrow.  I even bought stretchy pants cause ima gonna eat the whole damn turkey :D

Written By: nally on 10/08/06 at 5:10 pm

I am thinking about Thanksgiving which is tomorrow.  I even bought stretchy pants cause ima gonna eat the whole damn turkey :D

That's right...in Canada it's tomorrow! :D i guess you eat turkey there too, just like the U.S. does in November?

Written By: Howard on 10/09/06 at 5:13 pm

I'm looking forward to Christmas soon

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/09/06 at 5:18 pm

No, not really.  It's not even Halloween yet.

Written By: La Roche on 10/09/06 at 5:47 pm

Yes, me and my darling Mike will be spending the day together.  ;D

Actually, we won't.. he'll ditch me a few days before. Jerk.

I'm planning to make this christmas the most miserable yet, I figure I'll drink a bottle of rum in the morning and pass out sometime around 3.

Written By: Howard on 10/09/06 at 6:31 pm

[quote author=

Written By: spaceace on 10/09/06 at 6:36 pm

I've got candy stockpiled for Halloween.  I've made arrangements with my family for Thanksgiving.  I'm making out my christmas shopping list.  (So, I can get the stuff before I have to fight for it!)

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/09/06 at 6:38 pm

Yup, I did some more shopping.  Bought my kids outfits and scheduled an appointment for Christmas portraits.

Written By: spaceace on 10/09/06 at 6:53 pm

Stores run out of the good stuff so early. ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/09/06 at 6:54 pm

Stores run out of the good stuff so early. ::)

Yes I know

Written By: spaceace on 10/09/06 at 7:01 pm

Stores are starting to get the Christmas stuff in.  Last year I wanted to get a Snoopy Christmas ornament for my best friend.  I found out December 5 is too late to buy that kind of stuff, so I'm getting it now.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/06 at 9:25 pm

ya, I have to make an appointment to get Vaughn's picture taken so that I can include it with our Christmas cards this year!

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/09/06 at 9:42 pm

i hadn't really been thinking too much about it until yesterday when my mom asked me if i'm planning to go to nova scotia to spend it with everyone  :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/06 at 10:35 pm

Here's an amusing Christmas story ...

I used to work with a guy who hates Celine Dion like you would not believe, so when it came Christmas time, several of us chipped in and got him a Celine Dion calendar, so he could enjoy Celine all year long :D

And just to further the gag more, I got him a Blank CD.  When he opened it up, he confusingly said "A Blank CD?  Thanks".  And I was like "No, that's the Greatest Hits album by Celine Dion".  He laughed

Written By: nally on 10/10/06 at 12:26 am

^ Verry eenteresting.

Written By: Gis on 10/10/06 at 3:02 am

Well I'm starting to think about getting stuff for my friend and her son, and also my surrogate nephew and nieces, all of whom live in the U.S.
Last guarenteed posting date is like the end of October. Luckily the kids all love English chocolate so they are easy to please.

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 6:16 am

I've thought about one or two ideas for presents.  But I'm under strict instructions not to buy anything yet till hubby and I have discussed what we are getting the children.  Then he goes out yesterday to do the grocery shopping and comes back with a DVD player 'as a Christmas present'  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 10/10/06 at 6:33 am

I just bought a present for my mom and dad.

They are now going to the South Africa vs The World XV 10 Year South African Rugby centenial match.

I of course got myself a ticket as well.  ;) ;D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/10/06 at 6:49 am

late night post-whoring with Philip helps your reputation  ;D.
ummmmm.....just a word of advice.....when you're talking about umm..."attention", you should use a word other than postwhoring to describe a woman ;)  SM's a nice girl, you wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression :)

Written By: Gis on 10/10/06 at 8:09 am

Just got a couple of shirts for my friend's little boy and a t-shirt for my nephew in the autumn sale - result! I also got myself a pair of camouflage sneakers at the same time...................well they were in the sale too.

Written By: Jessica on 10/10/06 at 10:18 am

I already got my Christmas gift....plane tickets home. :)

Jason will be getting small stuff from us because 1. We can't really afford anything and 2. His grandparents are going to buy him all kinds of crap anyways. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 10:49 am

Jason will be getting small stuff from us because 1. We can't really afford anything and 2. His grandparents are going to buy him all kinds of crap anyways. ;D

I hear ya.  That's the same with Vaughn....he has so many families and extended families...he ends up getting so much stuff...we don't know where to put half of it. I usually save some and put them away...and then later in the year...give a few of them to him and he had long forgotten about originally getting them at Christmas. LOL!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/06 at 3:42 pm

The dates of the staff Christmas Lunches are gradually being announced now.

Written By: Howard on 10/30/06 at 6:08 pm

almost a month and a half away

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/30/06 at 7:04 pm

It's halloween, so usually about now things start to pop up that are "christmassy" like christmas ads, shops selling Xmas items etc.

I hate the commercial side of Christmas, hence why I try and ignore it all if possible. I usually set limits on how much to spend on everyone, which seeing as I have alot to buy for, is considerably less than if I had less to buy for.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/31/06 at 11:36 am

It's gonna be crazy around here, family coming to stay Thanksgiving week, a birthday party to plan (daughter turns 6 on Dec. 1) and a trip to Disney the week before Christmas (won't be home until Christmas-Eve day), so I had to do things early this year...

I've got my Christmas Cards almost done (of course I won't mail them until after Thanksgiving), most of the kid's stuff bought except for the bicycles (can't hide those too well) and most of the other family member's gifts purchased.

Written By: imadick on 10/31/06 at 11:38 am

After seeing this thread yah...i am .... thinking about christmas :p
 well usually christmas  to newyear..those 5 to 6 days are what i alwasy look for every year...every single day possible...i wait for
December 24th to jan 2nd....... Coz thats the only time i always get to spend with my first crush...always alone and lots of fun ...and this time i am gonna make it sure...i will have the best time with her..and she to enjoys it hopefully...
  ???
 Thats the most amount of time i ever get to spent...almost 7 whole day with her...well... then not just that
since childhood..i ve always loved christmas time...
 I hate gifts... but i love going for midnight service..and such..its so much fun...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/06 at 3:58 pm

I must buy the Christmas Cards...

Written By: spaceace on 10/31/06 at 5:21 pm

I'm thinking of how I can decorate my pad.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/31/06 at 5:48 pm

The stores are making it impossible for you NOT to think about Christmas.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/06 at 6:39 pm

The stores are making it impossible for you NOT to think about Christmas.

So they're saying that you SHOULD buy something.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/31/06 at 6:43 pm

So they're saying that you SHOULD buy something.

No, that's not what I meant.  I meant that they're putting up Christmas decorations, starting some early Christmas sales, playing Christmas music.....they're trying to get you to think about it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/06 at 2:07 am

No, that's not what I meant.  I meant that they're putting up Christmas decorations, starting some early Christmas sales, playing Christmas music.....they're trying to get you to think about it.
Christmas music should start when Advent begins.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/01/06 at 3:23 am

Christmas music should start when Advent begins.

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/06 at 3:27 am

That wouldn't be a bad idea.
I am visiting some shops this morning, I will name and shame shops that are blatantly expressing Christmas.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/06 at 3:34 am

I have just noticed Woolworths are advertising for Christmas on television.

Written By: Gis on 11/01/06 at 7:06 am

My friend and I wrote to the local paper to complain that our local shopping centre(mall) had it's christmas decorations up on the 20th of october!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 11/01/06 at 7:45 am

What happened to the good ole days when Christmas decorations went up after Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving after Halloween, etc? :-\\

We gave our lists to the in-laws last weekend and my MIL called yesterday to tell me what she's gotten for the kids (and us) already :)

Written By: karen on 11/01/06 at 8:36 am

My friend and I wrote to the local paper to complain that our local shopping centre(mall) had it's christmas decorations up on the 20th of october!

The main marketplace and one of the pedestrianised streets has lights up for Diwali at the moment.  They will be taken down soon to make way for our annual street fair.  Then the Christmas lights will go up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/06 at 12:05 pm

WHSmith's has their Christmas Decorations up!

Written By: La Roche on 11/01/06 at 2:36 pm

our annual street fair.

When is that by the way?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/01/06 at 3:50 pm

Good for you!  It makes me so mad.  I can't imagine that very many people are buying Christmas wrapping paper right now.  Can't we just have one holiday at a time?

Written By: Howard on 11/01/06 at 4:17 pm

I'm looking forward to The Yule Log. :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/01/06 at 5:34 pm

Good for you!  It makes me so mad.  I can't imagine that very many people are buying Christmas wrapping paper right now.  Can't we just have one holiday at a time?

I can't get into the Christmas spirit in October.  I need it to be good and cold and closer to the actual holiday.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/01/06 at 5:57 pm

The last few years I haven't really minded the early Christmas stuff, but lately I find it a bit too much. I agree; one holiday at a time, please.  ::)

Written By: karen on 11/02/06 at 4:54 am

When is that by the way?

It opens next Wednesday and closes on Saturday at about 11 p.m.

Written By: La Roche on 11/02/06 at 11:36 am

It opens next Wednesday and closes on Saturday at about 11 p.m.

I may come up and have a wander round. If I'm going to I'll let you know.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/06 at 12:28 pm

I am now arranging my pre-Christmas days off from work, so that shopping and the cards can be done.

Written By: karen on 11/02/06 at 12:40 pm

I may come up and have a wander round. If I'm going to I'll let you know.

That'd be great.

My daughter is making a bit of a list of things she'd like.  Her birthday is in two weeks anyway so I need some ideas for that.  My son has thought of one thing he'd like (Action Man) but doesn't seem to know what else he might want.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/06 at 4:08 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing Feliz Navidad By Jose Feliciano.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/06 at 4:10 pm

Played in all the stores in the High Streets?

Written By: Howard on 11/02/06 at 4:24 pm

Played in all the stores in the High Streets?

Yes It Is

Written By: La Roche on 11/02/06 at 4:43 pm

That'd be great.

My daughter is making a bit of a list of things she'd like.  Her birthday is in two weeks anyway so I need some ideas for that.  My son has thought of one thing he'd like (Action Man) but doesn't seem to know what else he might want.

Yeah, I'll have to see. If I finish work early on one of those days.. or possibly if it rains (Yeah, you're so jealous, when it rains, I can't work.  ;D) then I will probably come up.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/06 at 4:44 pm

Tis The season to be jolly...

Written By: La Roche on 11/02/06 at 4:45 pm

Tis The season to be jolly...

.. but to start this early would be a folly.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/06 at 4:46 pm

.. but to start this early would be a folly.

with Molly Holly ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/06 at 4:47 pm

I must find a copy of this, so I can feel the festive spirit.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/06 at 4:48 pm

I must find a copy of this, so I can feel the festive spirit.

In a record store

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/06 at 4:49 pm

In a record store
I will find it eslewhere.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/06 at 4:50 pm

I will find it eslewhere.

Great Idea,good luck

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/02/06 at 8:56 pm

Well I am listening to Christmas tunes tonight (it's cold outside, getting me in the mood).  I have the urge to get my Christmas cards soon...I usually get them early and fill them out way before Christmas so that they are ready to send out in time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/06 at 2:20 pm

Great Idea,good luck
Found and listening to it right now.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/06 at 3:41 pm

Found and listening to it right now.

How do you like Jose Feliciano?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/06 at 3:44 pm

How do you like Jose Feliciano?
I have always liked Jose Feliciano, especially his version of Light My Fire.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/06 at 3:49 pm

I have always liked Jose Feliciano, especially his version of Light My Fire.

and Feliz Navidad?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/06 at 3:53 pm

and Feliz Navidad?
Definitely.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/03/06 at 3:58 pm

I have also snuck in a few Christmas tunes when no one's around  ;D I can't help it, it's just the melody I like hearing, not so much the words... (but the words are also moving, too)

I was at JCPenney's this morning and they already decked out the store in Christmas decor and then I peaked out into the mall, and that is also full of decorations. I was a bit shocked. I remember them not puttng stuff up until after Thanksgiving, so I was taken aback a bit.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/06 at 4:23 pm

Definitely.

I always liked that song

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/05/06 at 10:03 pm

Talking about early birds...we were driving to drop Vaughn off at his grandma's yesterday afternoon...and we saw a family decorating the outside of their house with TONS of Christmas lights....then, on the way back home, we drove by this house that is near us, and in their front window was a huge, decorated Christmas tree!  I also talked to my friend the other day, via email, and he told me that they were putting their tree up soon too!  Now, for me, that is WAY too early to do that. I don't start decorating for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/05/06 at 10:24 pm

Went to the mall earlier today and I see they have all their decorations up already. It sure looks nice, but it's just too darn early. They need a 4 week limit, no decorations or Christmas music before the 25th of November or after the 26th of December.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/05/06 at 10:27 pm

Went to the mall earlier today and I see they have all their decorations up already. It sure looks nice, but it's just too darn early. They need a 4 week limit, no decorations or Christmas music before the 25th of November or after the 26th of December.

yes, I noticed this at our mall too....the department stores have all of their lit trees up. Infact, this coming Friday night is light up night and the arrival of Santa!! :o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/05/06 at 10:58 pm

The Lite FM station here in Atlanta starts playing 1 Christmas song an hour starting Nov. 1st and then starting the day after Thanksgiving....it's like "All Christmas, All The Time".  You get burnt out on it very quickly.

Thank God I listen to Classic Rock radio.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/05/06 at 10:59 pm

The Lite FM station here in Atlanta starts playing 1 Christmas song an hour starting Nov. 1st and then starting the day after Thanksgiving....it's like "All Christmas, All The Time".  You get burnt out on it very quickly.

Thank God I listen to Classic Rock radio.

we have a Lite FM station that is also starting to play Christmas music non-stop after Thanksgiving. :o

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/06 at 1:45 am

I am already in the Christmas mode ... Listening to some Christmas tunes, made a Christmas themed MySpace .. I even watched "Bad Santa" last night

Written By: Gis on 11/06/06 at 5:03 am

Well I went to Costco yesterday and picked up a few bits.....

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/06/06 at 1:16 pm

Talking about early birds...we were driving to drop Vaughn off at his grandma's yesterday afternoon...and we saw a family decorating the outside of their house with TONS of Christmas lights....then, on the way back home, we drove by this house that is near us, and in their front window was a huge, decorated Christmas tree!  I also talked to my friend the other day, via email, and he told me that they were putting their tree up soon too!  Now, for me, that is WAY too early to do that. I don't start decorating for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. :o

LOL!!  We have a tree up, in our basement!!  My kids found the box and drove me crazy until I put it up...It's white with blue and white lights, blue and silver decorations.  We also have Christmas lights up...in the basement, blue stars.  Silly, I know...but the kids love it.  And since were going out of town the week before Christmas (won't be back until X-mas eve) I wasn't planning on decorating outside this year, I figured we'd decorate the down here. 

Here's a picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/momtomeg/Picture300.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/06/06 at 2:04 pm

LOL!!  We have a tree up, in our basement!!  My kids found the box and drove me crazy until I put it up...It's white with blue and white lights, blue and silver decorations.  We also have Christmas lights up...in the basement, blue stars.  Silly, I know...but the kids love it.  And since were going out of town the week before Christmas (won't be back until X-mas eve) I wasn't planning on decorating outside this year, I figured we'd decorate the down here. 

Here's a picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/momtomeg/Picture300.jpg

wow..that's a really pretty tree! :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/06/06 at 5:12 pm

I wish I could get into the Christmas spirit. But its not as easy now that I'm not a kid anymore and I don't have presents to look forward to. ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/06/06 at 5:14 pm

I'm not thinking about the snow. :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/06 at 12:15 pm

Did any of you guys get advent calendars when you were little?  My mom bought me one every year.  Last night, I bought myself one with chocolate behind every little door.  I just couldn't resist, and now I am totally excited to start it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/06 at 12:27 pm

Did any of you guys get advent calendars when you were little?  My mom bought me one every year.  Last night, I bought myself one with chocolate behind every little door.  I just couldn't resist, and now I am totally excited to start it.

oh, my mom bought us one every year...I loved those things! We also had an advent wreath....which we would light the candles when appropriate to do so...I loved all of our family traditions on all the holidays!

Written By: Gis on 11/09/06 at 12:36 pm

We had advent calendars every year and the advent ring with the 4 candles on it to light each sunday up to advent.

This year I have bought one with a chocolate behind each door and we have one with little pockets where you put your own sweets in AND I have one of those cadles that you burn a little bit of each day!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/06 at 1:12 pm

We also had one that my mom made out of felt.  She made a Christmas tree with little hooks all over it, and a bunch of little ornaments in numbered pockets.  Every day you would hang a new ornament on the tree.  It was so cool.  Is it possible to be homesick for your past?  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/06 at 1:14 pm

Is it possible to be homesick for your past?   :\'(

oh gosh, Ash...I think that is one of the reasons why I am depressed so much....sometimes I just can't stop wishing that I could go back. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 11/09/06 at 3:45 pm

I too long for the past  :\'(

I am jumping into the Christmas gear by searching for more xmas videos for my video thread 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/06 at 3:46 pm

I am jumping into the Christmas gear by searching for more xmas videos for my video thread 8)

That's a terrific thread, Whistledog. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/06 at 3:47 pm

YAY! I was watching them this morning...it was really great! I had never seen "Last Christmas" video, and believe it or not, I also had never seen the Ramones Christmas video either....they were both really good! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/06 at 3:47 pm

Christmas Eve On Sesame Street :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/06 at 3:49 pm

Christmas Eve On Sesame Street :)

I LOVE that show! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/06 at 3:50 pm

I LOVE that show! :)

Just haven't seen it on Channel 13 in a while

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/09/06 at 3:51 pm

Just haven't seen it on Channel 13 in a while

I have it on VHS...we watch it all the time!

Written By: Howard on 11/09/06 at 3:51 pm

I have it on VHS...we watch it all the time!

Where'd you buy it? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/06 at 5:13 pm

I am trying to work out when I should take my winter leave.

Written By: Gis on 11/10/06 at 3:48 am

I am trying to work out when I should take my winter leave.
I always take the last week in january and hole up in the house. january is too long, too cold and I'm too skint! 

Written By: karen on 11/10/06 at 4:54 am

I'm about to book my children into a sports camp for a couple of days before Christmas.

I'm also considering buying my daughter a Girl's World type toy if i can find the right one.  All the ones I've seen have 'young' girl faces rather than teenage faces imo.

Written By: Gis on 11/10/06 at 6:56 am

i just bid on a few things on Ebay for my Mum and sister. Typically they all end on sunday and at the moment we have no computer at home so I've just had to bid early and hope for the best!

Written By: Howard on 11/10/06 at 4:41 pm

Dominic The Italian Christmas Donkey

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/10/06 at 4:42 pm

It's tradition in our house to never put the Christmas trees up before my sister's birthday (Dec. 3rd), but we are starting to look at decorations to buy in the next couple weeks so we can get it done that weekend.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/10/06 at 4:44 pm

I've never really understood why we have to decorate. Nobody likes to do it, yet we still do. Because we're afraid to be shunned by many of the zero people who come over? My, my, my!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/06 at 5:39 pm

I always take the last week in january and hole up in the house. january is too long, too cold and I'm too skint! 
May I will.

Written By: spaceace on 11/10/06 at 5:51 pm

I just bought a Christmas Snoopy tee shirt.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/06 at 5:52 pm

Dominic The Italian Christmas Donkey

hehehehe...everytime I hear that song, I think of Doms! :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/10/06 at 5:54 pm

hehehehe...everytime I hear that song, I think of Doms! :D ;D

Funny song

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/10/06 at 7:15 pm

I bought some Christmas gifts for my mother in law and my dad today.  My sister and I had lunch at this gigantic craft boutique.  It has a great restaurant inside, and all sorts of people sell their stuff.  I LOVE it.  And I found some great stuff for them.  My father in law, on the other hand, is totally impossible to shop for.  I have no idea where to start with him.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/06 at 9:29 pm

Well, I got almost all of my Christmas cards written out, of course I didn't seal any of the envelopes yet, as I am going to include a new picture of Vaughn in each of them. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/10/06 at 10:45 pm

Well, I got almost all of my Christmas cards written out, of course I didn't seal any of the envelopes yet, as I am going to include a new picture of Vaughn in each of them. :)

Did his grandma ever take Vaughn and Anthony to get their Christmas pictures taken together?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/06 at 10:49 pm

Did his grandma ever take Vaughn and Anthony to get their Christmas pictures taken together?

yes, she dressed both of them in these little Steeler's outfits (really cute)...and she said they were both SO BAD. I felt bad for her, she was alone when she took them...I guess she was only able to get one pose of them together..and none of them apart. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/06 at 3:57 am

I think we are buying are Christmas Cards today.

Written By: La Roche on 11/11/06 at 1:20 pm

yes, she dressed both of them in these little Steeler's outfits (really cute)...and she said they were both SO BAD. I felt bad for her, she was alone when she took them...I guess she was only able to get one pose of them together..and none of them apart. :-\\

She didn't just smack 'em upside the head?

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/11/06 at 11:59 pm

Maybe I should get an escort for Christmas.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:01 am

They do make great cars........

http://www.ford-forums.com/images/escort.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:03 am

Hey if I can't do it the traditional way(dinner and a movie) I'm willing to shell out some money. I don't have to have a romance story.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:04 am

Wait, so you think if you take a girl out to dinner and a movie, she owes you p*ssy?

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:07 am

Wait, so you think if you take a girl out to dinner and a movie, she owes you p*ssy?

If I refused to pay for dinner and the movie, would I be getting any?

So perhaps the difference between dating and "getting a date" is that with one you know the price upfront and the other its a guessing game?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:10 am

If I refused to pay for dinner and the movie, would I be getting any?

So perhaps the difference between dating and "getting a date" is that with one you know the price upfront and the other its a guessing game?

You still didn't answer my question.  You take a girl out to dinner and a movie.  You say you'll pay, she says "cool".  The date is over, you're taking her home.....you expect her to spread her thighs for you just because you paid for dinner?  If she had said she'd pay, as a treat to you or something.....would you still expect her to f*ck you?

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:12 am

You still didn't answer my question.  You take a girl out to dinner and a movie.  You say you'll pay, she says "cool".  The date is over, you're taking her home.....you expect her to spread her thighs for you just because you paid for dinner?

No,

If she had said she'd pay, as a treat to you or something.....would you still expect her to f*ck you?

Yes, actually. Obviously shes into me if she'd pay for dinner.

See, with "dating" its a gamble with your money. You might pay for dinner but still not get laid. At least with hookers you know you're getting your money's worth.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:14 am

Yes, actually. Obviously shes into me if she'd pay for dinner.

*stares blankly*

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:18 am

*stares blankly*

If shes into me she'll wanna do it, and I don't see why she'd pay for dinner if she wasn't.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:22 am

If shes into me she'll wanna do it, and I don't see why she'd pay for dinner if she wasn't.

Hey guess what!  Some women pay for the meal because it's not always right to expect the man to pay every time!  It's called e-q-u-a-l-i-t-y.  You may have had a hard day at work/school or maybe you've down and she thought she'd cheer you up by taking you out and then paying for the meal.  That doesn't mean you're entitled to p*ssy.  It means she loves you.  You may or may not get laid later, but it has NOTHING to do with who paid for the meal.

Case in point; my BFF Cara and her boyfriend go out quite a bit.  Now, every other date, she pays.  Why?  She has a job, and her own money.  That doesn't entitle David to f*ck her, just because she paid; just because it wouldn't entitle him to f*ck her if HE paid.  If they want to do it, they do it.  I should know....I've inadvertantly called in the middle of it once.  But I digress.....paying for a meal =/= getting laid.....no matter how long you've been together.  It's sexist to think otherwise.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:24 am

Hey guess what!  Some women pay for the meal because it's not always right to expect the man to pay every time!  It's called e-q-u-a-l-i-t-y.  Case in point; my BFF Cara and her boyfriend go out quite a bit.  Now, every other date, she pays.  Why?  She has a job, and her own money.  That doesn't entitle David to f*ck her, just because she paid, just because it wouldn't entitle him to f*ck her if HE paid.  If they want to do it, they do it.  I should know....I've inadvertantly called in the middle of it once.  But I digress.....paying for a meal =/= getting laid.....no matter how long you've been together.  It's sexist to think otherwise.

Well lets see I vote NO for throwing your money away.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:27 am

Well lets see I vote NO for throwing your money away.

So you wouldn't pay for a meal if you knew ahead of time you weren't getting laid for it?  You would only pay for a meal if you got laid after the fact?  Oh come on. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:31 am

So you wouldn't pay for a meal if you knew ahead of time you weren't getting laid for it?  You would only pay for a meal if you got laid after the fact?  Oh come on. 

Either that or I'd refuse to do anything but go Dutch(both pay our own way).

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 12:31 am

You still didn't answer my question.  You take a girl out to dinner and a movie.  You say you'll pay, she says "cool".  The date is over, you're taking her home.....you expect her to spread her thighs for you just because you paid for dinner?  If she had said she'd pay, as a treat to you or something.....would you still expect her to f*ck you?

Huh... In a respect, this is like getting a prostitute. Instead of paying for her sex, though, you give her food.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:32 am

Huh... In a respect, this is like getting a prostitute. Instead of paying for her sex, though, you give her food.

People actually think it's perfectly acceptable to buy a girl dinner and then expect her to sleep with you for it.  What if this date is like 2 weeks into the relationship....you expect her to give it up that fast?

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:37 am

People actually think it's perfectly acceptable to buy a girl dinner and then expect her to sleep with you for it.  What if this date is like 2 weeks into the relationship....you expect her to give it up that fast?

Yeah why not? I would.

No way I'm gonna go 3 or 4 dates without getting any, unless she was getting very intimate in ways other than sex(such as making out). I can't go without any kind of action period and keep up my interest though.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:39 am

Yeah why not? I would.

No way I'm gonna go 3 or 4 dates without getting any, unless she was getting very intimate in ways other than sex(such as making out). I can't go without any kind of action period and keep up my interest though.

*stares blankly*

Wow.  I understand the making out....making out is cool.  But after 3 dates, you would expect the girl to have sex with you?  It's one thing if she wants to, and the feelings are mutual.  But what if she doesn't want have sex with you yet?  What if she doesn't feel ready....you'd dump her? 

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:41 am

*stares blankly*

Wow.

You really don't find it extremely weird to go on more than 3 or 4 dates with someone without at least making out?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:42 am

You really don't find it extremely weird to go on more than 3 or 4 dates with someone without at least making out?

I'm not talking about kissing.  Read my post again.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:45 am

But what if she doesn't want have sex with you yet?  What if she doesn't feel ready....you'd dump her? 

Well thats putting me on the spot. I just..it seems so strange to me, to not want to do it. I don't even comprehend it. So yeah it would have to make me question why I'm dating this person.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 12:49 am

Well thats putting me on the spot. I just..it seems so strange to me, to not want to do it. I don't even comprehend it. So yeah it would have to make me question why I'm dating this person.

It's not just about whether or not you want to, think about the long-term effects.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:49 am

So you're with this girl.  We'll call her "Casey".  Casey is smart, she's attractive, she has goals.  She's not some ditz or anything.  You two hit it off right away.  You go out a few times, you pay each time because that's what you think is the right thing to do at the start.  You're driving Casey home and ask her if she wants to have sex with you....I mean, you've been on a couple dates already and you've paid and everything!  She says that after 2 dates, she barely knows you and wouldn't feel right sleeping with a guy she barely knows. 

You would dump Casey for not sleeping with you?  Even though you like her, get along really well and have a lot of common interests.  She is now no longer worth your time because she doesn't feel ready to be intimate like that right now. 

I feel sorry for her and I just made her up!

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:50 am

It's not just about whether or not you want to, think about the long-term effects.

Don't be such a wuss. They make condoms for a reason, brotha.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:51 am

Oh, so that makes it okay.  It's okay to guilt a woman into sleeping with you because it's been 3 dates and you've paid and that's long enough and god forbid she can't keep you interested with her brains or conversation skills so the fact condoms exist is cool.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:52 am

So you're with this girl.  We'll call her "Casey".  Casey is smart, she's attractive, she has goals.  She's not some ditz or anything.  You two hit it off right away.  You go out a few times, you pay each time because that's what you think is the right thing to do at the start.  You're driving Casey home and ask her if she wants to have sex with you....I mean, you've been on a couple dates already and you've paid and everything!  She says that after 2 dates, she barely knows you and wouldn't feel right sleeping with a guy she barely knows. 

You would dump Casey for not sleeping with you?  Even though you like her, get along really well and have a lot of common interests.  She is now no longer worth your time because she doesn't feel ready to be intimate like that right now. 

I feel sorry for her and I just made her up!

Yeah I have no interest in dating some prude.

Oh, so that makes it okay.  It's okay to guilt a woman into sleeping with you because it's been 3 dates and you've paid and that's long enough and god forbid she can't keep you interested with her brains or conversation skills so the fact condoms exist is cool.

If theres a woman capable of that I'll darn well marry her.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 12:53 am

Yeah I have no interest in dating some prude.

That's just revolting.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:55 am

That's just revolting.

No its considerate. I'm a total manwhore, and if shes not like me who wants to do it within the first 3 or 4 dates, then I know we aren't going to get along.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 12:56 am

Haven't you been reading my posts!? More than just STD's and babies.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 12:59 am

And I'm not gonna drop some chick like a hot potato, thats not how I'd dump someone. I'd take a page out of women's own playbook-

AND FRIEND ZONE HER! ;D

Thats absolutely diabolical. Because you see if she was REALLY into me she'd try to qualify herself somehow to keep from losing the oppurtunity, and that might mean sex afterall. It would be a turning of the tables. Usually its the woman who "tests" the man this way..wow. Thats goin' in the playbook.

Haven't you been reading my posts!? More than just STD's and babies.

Like what?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:00 am

And I'm not gonna drop some chick like a hot potato, thats not how I'd dump someone. I'd take a page out of women's own playbook-

AND FRIEND ZONE HER! ;D

Thats absolutely diabolical. Because you see if she was REALLY into me she'd try to qualify herself somehow to keep from losing the oppurtunity, and that might mean sex afterall. It would be a turning of the tables. Usually its the woman who "tests" the man this way..wow. Thats goin' in the playbook.

So a woman should sleep with you to prove that she's into you.............there is no other way imaginable for her to show that she cares for you.  The only possible way is spreading her thighs. 

I can't think of a word that describes this.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:02 am

So a woman should sleep with you to prove that she's into you.............there is no other way imaginable for her to show that she cares for you.  The only possible way is spreading her thighs. 

Disgoltnauseatating? That should be a new term!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:03 am

Disgoltnauseatating? That should be a new term!

Brilliant!

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:03 am

No I'm not saying it would be the only way to prove it to me. I'm just saying, that if I were to friend zone her, and she REALLY wanted to go out with me still, thats one way she might go about it. See, girls "test" guys this way all the time, and sometimes it pushes the guy into making a desperate, needy move and driving her away, or he keeps his cool. Of course if you reversed the situation to where a guy was doing this to a girl, it'd be the opposite. He would be WANTING her to make that desperate ploy.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:04 am

See, girls "test" guys this way all the time, and sometimes it pushes the guy into making a desperate, needy move and driving her away, or he keeps his cool.

I'd hate to say it, but... How would you know?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:05 am

No I'm not saying it would be the only way to prove it to me. I'm just saying, that if I were to friend zone her, and she REALLY wanted to go out with me still, thats one way she might go about it. See, girls "test" guys this way all the time, and sometimes it pushes the guy into making a desperate, needy move and driving her away, or he keeps his cool. Of course if you reversed the situation to where a guy was doing this to a girl, it'd be the opposite. He would be WANTING her to make that desperate ploy.

Why in the name of God would you do anything this pathetic? 

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:06 am

I'd hate to say it, but... How would you know?

Because, relationships are all around me. They permeate life. Through literature, art, music, people you know, your own folks etc.

Why in the name of God would you do anything this pathetic? 

If it works.. chicks do this type of sh!t to guys all the time to get their way.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:07 am

And its opposite of pathetic, it would actually be me positioning myself as the prize, rather than her. That=good.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:08 am

If it works.. chicks do this type of sh!t to guys all the time to get their way.

And those women suck!  Why would you want to emulate their worst behavior?  Most women can see through this bullsh*t and they will dump your ass if they think you're trying it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:08 am

Because, relationships are all around me. They permeate life. Through literature, art, music, people you know, your own folks etc.

First of all, literature, art, music, movies, etc. Are all built around cliches, and a lot of them are based on ooooold times. Also, I wouldn't ever judge something unless you've experienced it firsthand.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:08 am

And its opposite of pathetic, it would actually be me positioning myself as the prize, rather than her. That=good.

If you're willing to do something like that, you're no prize.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:10 am

If you're willing to do something like that, you're no prize.

Well tons of guys do, and they get laid. And MOST women do this sh!t. They're sneaky.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:10 am

Well tons of guys do, and they get laid. And MOST women do this sh!t. They're sneaky.

... You've got a pretty messed up logic.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:10 am

Then the women who allow themselves to be duped like that are stupid and deserve all the misery that comes from it.  They have no spines and no self-respect. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:12 am

Then the women who allow themselves to be duped like that are stupid and deserve all the misery that comes from it.  They have no spines and no self-respect. 

They do have T&A though, right?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:12 am

They do have T&A though, right?

So that's all a woman is good for?  Tits and ass?  Wonderful logic.  I swear to God, if you said this bullsh*t in front of my friends.....you'd be missing vital organs and I'm not talking about heart, liver and kidneys.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:14 am

Bottom line, the reason I haven't got laid is because I've been a spineless p*ssy. They use the term battle of the sexes for a reason. I've got to be willing to do whats necessary in order to get laid, and yes that may include me BSing them. So be it.

So that's all a woman is good for?  Tits and ass?  Wonderful logic.  I swear to God, if you said this bullsh*t in front of my friends.....you'd be missing vital organs and I'm not talking about heart, liver and kidneys.

Assault charges.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:16 am

Assault charges.

Like they'd make sure you could identify them.  You know, as rabid as my friends are, I'm about 99.9% certain they wouldn't chop anything off, but they make you wish they had.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:17 am

Assault charges.

Hahahaha! You wouldn't be alive, man.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:19 am

Like they'd make sure you could identify them.  You know, as rabid as my friends are, I'm about 99.9% certain they wouldn't chop anything off, but they make you wish they had.

Whatever, they'd have a real good time being forced to eat you-know-what in jail. ::)

Hahahaha! You wouldn't be alive, man.

Yeah I'm sure her friends would kill me over this.

If they would she has some crazy friends, and I'm not talking figuratively!  :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:21 am

Whatever, they'd have a real good time being forced to eat you-know-what in jail. ::)

Yeah I'm sure her friends would kill me over this.

If they would she has some crazy friends, and I'm not talking figuratively!  :D

Right, because all women's prisons have forced cunnilingus.  You just keep on rolling with the sexism.  And no, my friends would not kill you.  You'd wish you were dead, but they wouldn't kill you. 

Stop watching sh*tty cable soft-core pornography.  It's rotting your brain out from the inside.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:23 am

Right, because all women's prisons have forced cunnilingus.  You just keep on rolling with the sexism.  And no, my friends would not kill you.  You'd wish you were dead, but they wouldn't kill you. 

Stop watching sh*tty cable soft-core pornography.  It's rotting your brain out from the inside.

Oh horesh*t. I'm just admitting reality.

Only the sharks, the butts, get laid. All this time I've known that but b*tched and moan, I just have to grow up and accept how things are, or give up on this. And I'm not giving up.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:23 am

... Prison food!?

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:25 am

... Prison food!?

No, porpus.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:25 am

... Prison food!?

I've heard it sucks.
Oh horesh*t. I'm just admitting reality.

You're admitting YOUR reality.  Which may or may not be THE reality. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:26 am

I've heard it sucks.

You're admitting YOUR reality.  Which may or may not be THE reality. 

Oh, but you know... he IS the Master of Reality.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:27 am

Damn. 

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

;D  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:28 am

Damn straight.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:28 am

Damn. 

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

;D  ;D

Aww, thanks! Now that I know you love me by giving me karma, you and I should go to bed.

... Juuuust kidding.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:29 am

Aww, thanks! Now that I know you love me by giving me karma, you and I should go to bed.

... Juuuust kidding.

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:31 am

She has very odd taste in _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , I must warn you :-X

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:32 am

Right. So... Christmas is just a month and two weeks away...!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:32 am

She has very odd taste in _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , I must warn you :-X

Y-a-n-k-e-e-s? 

Well, I don't necessarily think my choice in the players is all that odd.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:33 am

Right. So... Christmas is just a month and two weeks away...!

I can't wait!  We're doing preliminary decorating next weekend.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:33 am

Maybe we should get her Santa Claus _ _ _ _ _ _ _! http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/12/06 at 1:35 am

Maybe we should get her Santa Claus _ _ _ _ _ _ _! http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

Yanno, this "fill-in-the-blank" thing is really confusing me.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:36 am

Santa Claus K-i-t-t-e-n-s?  Oh, do they come with little Santa hats?!  That would make a perfect Christmas card.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:36 am

Yanno, this "fill-in-the-blank" thing is really confusing me.

You're not alone.  But remember, you're a liar and a prude and I'm just a stupid woman.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:38 am

PANTIES! Okay??

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:38 am

PANTIES! Okay??

Panties are cool.  I hear women like to wear them.  They're all the rage in Paris now.

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:40 am

Panties are cool.  I hear women like to wear them.  They're all the rage in Paris now.

Fill in the blank. ;D

PWNED.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:41 am

Fill in the blank. ;D

PWNED.

Ummm, I did.  See, I'm this fancy word called "literate". 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:42 am

SO HOW ABOUT CHRISTMAS!?  THAT HOLIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING AND BEFORE NEW YEARS!

Written By: deadrockstar on 11/12/06 at 1:45 am

Ummm, I did.  See, I'm this fancy word called "literate". 

Me two.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/12/06 at 1:45 am

Me two.

Awsum!

NEXT PAGE: Anyone else besides me thinking about Christmas already?

Check for new replies or respond here...